• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Rootbeer

Banned
Need me an ant man minifig.

ant-man-test-footage-might-be-released-for-public-soon.jpg

How's this?

PPojpGW.jpg

IrYf1Ie.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Bought the Dinosaur/Dog green Mixel today at Target, love the little guy~

Nice, the green and purple ones seem really popular, they sold out of most already at my local TRU.

I still need to get a Torts then I'll have all of series 3. He seems pretty nice for parts, I don't blame whoever bought all of him from the case I found :p

Stopped by store on lunch break. Saw Tumbler on display. It is beautiful.

Soon...

September 1st can't come soon enough! Waiting to take advantage of the two polybag promos.

I'm glad I haven't had a chance to walk into my Lego store recently as I don't know if I would have the willpower not to buy it after seeing it on display.

ghostmind

I was complaining about space with the new Cantina set and someone told me to buy two sets. I was waiting for a price drop but someone else did and it looks pretty nice.

(pics are BIG)

It still retains its folding up ability as well.

NICE!

I was definitely planning on picking up 2 of these, as I wanted a couple Dewbacks, plus the missing band members.

Rootbeer

Banned
NICE!

I was definitely planning on picking up 2 of these, as I wanted a couple Dewbacks, plus the missing band members.

Yup the incentive is high, you can get a lot of use out of the stuff included. han, greedo, luke and obi-wan can be sold off if you want to remake some of the dough.

btw there are some of these cantinas with NO minifigs on ebay for around $30, still a better overall plan to buy two full sets... but if you wanted a mega cantina you could buy your third this way I suppose.

R-User!

September 1st can't come soon enough! Waiting to take advantage of the two polybag promos.

I'm glad I haven't had a chance to walk into my Lego store recently as I don't know if I would have the willpower not to buy it after seeing it on display.

The amazing part about The Tumbler is the fact that the exterior completely hides 50 odd percent of the build, so when you go to build it you won't even know what hits you as your overwhelmed with cool black bricks loaded with awesome gray tidbits here and there.

^Hyperbole feels good! ;)

I was complaining about space with the new Cantina set and someone told me to buy two sets. I was waiting for a price drop but someone else did and it looks pretty nice.

(pics are BIG)

It still retains its folding up ability as well.

Awesome. That's always the solution. Multiples of the same set. 2 x Orthanc Tower, 2 x Battle at the Black Gate, etc.

Only problem I see with 2 cantinas is you'll have a 6th band member, forever alone, wandering the world trying to start a solo career.

Not a problem. Send him over to my cantina. I welcome all excess cantina band members.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Popped by my local LEGO Store today and was pleased to see Mixels wave 3 there. Of course, I had to snag all of 'em (and a Star Wars Advent Calendar).

While putting these guys together today, I realized why I love the Mixels so much--they have a very Muppet-y feel to them. The googly eyes, the exaggerated limbs, the wildly different shapes and colors. They're able to cram a ton of character and personality into such simplistic forms. I love 'em.

wk4ns9Z.jpg

6LBWfxf.jpg

xsdfzd9.jpg

Has anyone bought anything from NACM customs? I could have swore I ordered some Ghostbusters arms but I can't find an e mail and there is no way in the website to get in touch with them.

Do you get e mails when you order from them?

Here we go folks.

EkI0sSa.png

Giant box!?

2Vmj567.png

The receipt. Eheheheheh.

qfTNyiB.png

Daaang this box is actually huge, worthy of what B&N shipped it in.

1ZjH7e3.png

Everything appears to be in order...

dcVipYh.png

Who are we kidding, this is the most important thing in that box.

kSnJ7Ob.png

Pardon the mess ^_^;;

hgFV8zU.png

Arrroooooo!!

fhhFEbc.png

The chopper is HUGE. WAY WAY bigger than I ever imagined it being.

GsOnkha.png

Getting a drink!

R-User!

Finished The Tumbler last night! Amazing build and it looks BEASTLY when complete! I'll upload some final pictures when I take them. :)

Hope I convinced some Tumbler Fence Sitters to consider picking it up Sept 1st!

Some pics:

The Front Left Fender
YRlZw8nl.jpg

The Rear Left Quadrant
Dem Canisters!
4tFqG0il.jpg

The Left Window
Integrated with Technic beams: I love it!
dshdNSWl.jpg

Left Rim
QOjOvBll.jpg

The picture of the canisters just show how ridiculously huge it is :D

No kidding! I want it but at the same time where I live is always so full of dust that it would be powder grey after 2-3 days? I'd have to vacuum seal it to keep it dust free or something. Meanwhile, i'm debating on going out to buy either the new Star Destroyer or the 2 in 1 box set of The Ghost and Phantom that TRU has. Though TBH i'm already more leaning towards the SD.

Popped by my local LEGO Store today and was pleased to see Mixels wave 3 there. Of course, I had to snag all of 'em (and a Star Wars Advent Calendar).

While putting these guys together today, I realized why I love the Mixels so much--they have a very Muppet-y feel to them. The googly eyes, the exaggerated limbs, the wildly different shapes and colors. They're able to cram a ton of character and personality into such simplistic forms. I love 'em.

wk4ns9Z.jpg

6LBWfxf.jpg

xsdfzd9.jpg

Noooooo, I still have to get the Frosticons.

ghostmind

bhs1Xlj.png

We now have confirmation of LEGO Jurassic World from a reliable source. Hopefully they spare no expense.

fweCTzt.png

The same source reports that there will be five Avengers: Age of Utron sets. Available in March.

hUaYDgz.png

75081 - T-16 Skyhopper includes new Tusken Raider, and a Womp Rat.
75078 - Troop Transport is actually a battle pack with Stormtroopers, and not the OT Kenner vehicle of the same name (boooo).
75079 - Shadow Trooper battle pack has a small vehicle, two Shadow Troopers and two Shadow Guards.
75089 - Geonosis Trooper battle pack is similar to the Kashyyyk pack from this year, but with troopers in brown camo, and a new small AT-RT.

CTjgEX9.png

76026 - Gorilla Grodd is a bigfig, Wonder Woman is included with her invisible jet, as are Batman and the Flash.
76027 - Black Manta set has two subs (a Batsub, and a larger one for Black Manta), Batman, Robin and Aquaman.
76028 - Darkseid is a bigfig. Also comes with Superman.
76029 - The Braniac set has the Javelin, Superman (or perhaps Supergirl), Hawkman, Cyborg, Braniac.

(credit to Hulk_Smash on Eurobricks)

bhs1Xlj.png

We now have confirmation of LEGO Jurassic World from a reliable source. Hopefully they spare no expense.

fweCTzt.png

The same source reports that there will be five Avengers: Age of Utron sets. Available in March.

More to come...

There better be more than one Ultron bot in a big set. I want an Ultron bot army. I want a ton of Ultron minifigs like they had the lame aliens in the last Avenger sets. Aliens were OK compared to the movie, but as minifigs they aren't very reusable.

wetwired

Fingers crossed it's supergirl and not superman, and darkseid *drool*

I'm patiently waiting for sept 1st in the hope there's some good VIP promos for Aussies, we had the spaceman in July so I'm hoping for double VIP

Fingers crossed it's supergirl and not superman, and darkseid *drool*

I'm patiently waiting for sept 1st in the hope there's some good VIP promos for Aussies, we had the spaceman in July so I'm hoping for double VIP

I'll probably grab a modular next month, so I'm also hoping for double VIP.

Ainaurdur

I am still struggling to decide what to order on the 1st to get the Spaceman.
I want to spend as little as possible right now while still hitting the $99 mark, and making sure the set(s) I choose are ones I want but also do not currently have better prices anywhere else.

Experien

bhs1Xlj.png

hUaYDgz.png

75078 - Troop Transport is actually a battle pack with Stormtroopers, and not the OT Kenner vehicle of the same name (boooo).
75079 - Shadow Trooper battle pack has a small vehicle, two Shadow Troopers and two Shadow Guards.

I am all for these!!!

Ryuuroden

bhs1Xlj.png

fweCTzt.png

hUaYDgz.png

75081 - T-16 Skyhopper includes new Tusken Raider, and a Womp Rat.
75089 - Geonosis Trooper battle pack is similar to the Kashyyyk pack from this year, but with troopers in brown camo, and a new small AT-RT.

CTjgEX9.png

76026 - Gorilla Grodd is a bigfig, Wonder Woman is included with her invisible jet, as are Batman and the Flash.
76027 - Black Manta set has two subs (a Batsub, and a larger one for Black Manta), Batman, Robin and Aquaman.
76028 - Darkseid is a bigfig. Also comes with Superman.
76029 - The Braniac set has the Javelin, Superman (or perhaps Supergirl), Hawkman, Cyborg, Braniac.

(credit to Hulk_Smash on Eurobricks)

mmmmmmmm, very niiiiiice.

ghostmind

So three different Chris Pratt minifigs? Im pretty sure thats a first.

Edit: Star Lord and Emmet.

Actually, the honor for most minifig representations goes to Warwick Davis:

- Filius Flitwick (Harry Potter)
- Griphook the Goblin (Harry Potter)
- Wald (Star Wars)
- Wicket W. Warrick (Star Wars)

Top Bottom