• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Rootbeer

Banned
stay strong... sept 1st is a hop and a skip away

dat spaceman set. the chima poly is just an added bonus :)

btw, did any of you snag that simpsons house for $172 on awd today? i was too distracted to post about it... 2nd time i've seen one on there

R-User!

jaV2p20l.jpg

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
My early '90s Technic man wants to go "spelunking"...

n6FFTR6l.jpg

In other news, building the Tumbler is giving me a hankering to MOC The LEGO Movie batmobile.

Given my build of The Movie's Batwing I've got the parts - and that thing is so flimsy and impossible to keep stable that I might as well give it a go after this.

R-User!

Badass axles:
i1jebLWl.jpg

Tires vs Tiny Tumbler
ZcHoyoil.jpg

Rear Tires... Nuff said.
5LTJMQNl.jpg

Ok, after adding the two front tires this thing is OFFICIALLY BADASS!!! Wow! I can't get over the cool factor! 0_o

PbB6zhGl.jpg

LEGO Batman 3 - trailer 3:

http://youtu.be/1jkbBA27zSs

Oh man... those Lantern Corps... oh man.

I would go broke if they came out with all those minifigs and variations! I so wish Green Lantern movie did well, we'd have a better chance to see all the different Lantern Corp.

I strongly feeling that Lex Luthor Power Armor set will be the only way to get classic Superman for a long time if ever again. Then again, they could just do 52 Superman with exact same minifig and just put blue legs on it.

Fumoffu

Neo Member
Shipped a few days ago but I'm in Australia so it won't be here for at least another week. Been waiting for this since I bought the original Tumbler in 2005 :O

Mine shipped on Tuesday but tracking shows it hasn't moved in 2 days :( First time ordering off S@H.

Those wheels and minifigs are amazing, the build; I'm going to be in heaven.

leng jai

Wow! You will be beaming I imagine!

Indeed I will be.

Mine shipped on Tuesday but tracking shows it hasn't moved in 2 days :( First time ordering off S@H.

Those wheels and minifigs are amazing, the build; I'm going to be in heaven.

The figs really impressed me too. I have a feeling they'll end up being worth a bit by themselves.

S@H, unfortunately, is inconsistent at best. Sorry.

Indeed, but not much choice for Aussies for some sets.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Has this been posted? The
ugh
Daily Mail is doing another LEGO polybag promotion starting on the 20th of September (through to the 27th). The list of polybags will be:

30310 City Arctic Scout
30265 Legends of Chima Worriz Fire Bike
30271 TMNT Mikey’s Mini Shellchaser
30264 Legends of Chima Frax Phoenix Flyer (subject to change)
30227 City Police Watercraft
30281 The LEGO Movie Micro Manager (subject to change)
30229 City Repair Truck
30244 Anakins Jedi Interceptor

Not sure what days will have which yet. There's photos of the polybags here.

I already have a Michelangelo but that's a nice one to grab. The Micro Manager comes with Wyldestyle too.

Has this been posted? The
ugh
Daily Mail is doing another LEGO polybag promotion starting on the 20th of September (through to the 27th). The list of polybags will be:

30310 City Arctic Scout
30265 Legends of Chima Worriz Fire Bike
30271 TMNT Mikey’s Mini Shellchaser
30264 Legends of Chima Frax Phoenix Flyer (subject to change)
30227 City Police Watercraft
30281 The LEGO Movie Micro Manager (subject to change)
30229 City Repair Truck
30244 Anakins Jedi Interceptor

Not sure what days will have which yet. There's photos of the polybags here.

I already have a Michelangelo but that's a nice one to grab. The Micro Manager comes with Wyldestyle too.

Man, wish we had promos like this in Australia.

Anyone who can get these, if there is any chance you can grab me either the Police Watercraft or City Repair Truck, I would be forever in your debt.

wetwired

So I've got 2 S@H orders from the 1st and 5th of August I'm waiting on, turns out the entire shipment has disappeared affecting lots of other Aussies waiting on their orders. I guess I'll be waiting even longer on my exosuit/research institute and ectos

So I've got 2 S@H orders from the 1st and 5th of August I'm waiting on, turns out the entire shipment has disappeared affecting lots of other Aussies waiting on their orders. I guess I'll be waiting even longer on my exosuit/research institute and ectos

Wait, what? How did that happen?

wetwired

Wait, what? How did that happen?

This is from someone from whirlpool forums who rang them about their order

Some interesting news coming from the WP Forum and I quote... "Ok just got off the phone with Lego. Apparently the shipment is missing between DHL and Auspost.

The note about Alexandria is a shipment advice from DHL and Auspost haven't received it yet.

Lego have received several calls already about this shipment and she gave me the dates and statements in the tracking information.

They are chasing DHL in Europe as that is where it was shipped from and hope to have an answer today/tomorrow.

What Customer support said was give them a call and they will keep you updated with information.

Apparently Auspost has been telling porkies and saying it has been sent from Alexandria when it has not been received.."

A bit more from another member.... "the shipment is actually in NSW but the handover between DHL and Australia Post in NSW has not taken place, reason still yet to be determined."

"I was advised if found they will expedite delivery and if orders are lost they will resend early September including orders with Exo-Suits & Research Institute sets".

I wonder if that's where my order for the Mini has gone. Shipped on the 5th, never arrived.

Funny enough, I got an order sent that shipped on 7th and was here on Monday.

How did you find out about that mate? EDIT: Interesting.

hmmblah

Finally getting around to working on the man cave/lego room. I'm going to order a couple of the Ikea Linnmon/Adils tables for builds/city layout and was also thinking of ordering two more to make an L-shaped desk.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/business/10712/

For those of you that have those tables, would they be good as a computer desk? I'd order the cable management trays with them as well. Would their height be fine with the keyboard/mouse on top or would I want to get a keyboard tray?

More bootlegs. Anyone seen these before or are they new? Lots of sellers with them.

http://r.ebay.com/jtZF1D

Those are most likely Decool, but verify if you can. If they are Decool, they are fairly new.

Decool in my very limited experience is the highest quality of bootlegs. Sheng Yuan is the next best IMO, but they the printing quality is much lower than Decools based on the ones I have.
You'll find print quality will vary greatly as they don't care how it comes out. You may get some great prints or some crappy prints from the same manufacturer. This is true for all of them.

You can find the same minifigs easily on Amazon and AliExpress websites.

EDIT: This is a bit out of date (just a month), but it has a list of the Decool minifigs.
http://mybrickstore.blogspot.com/2014/07/list-of-decool-figure.html

Ryuuroden

So, last weekend I filled a PAB cup. Probably the most packed I have ever made one and I used a new method for me although I have seen it done before. Even the store commented on how dense it was and it was also the first time I have ever cracked a lid :O

Silly question... but how much is a large pick a brick cup? I always go into the Lego store wanting to build a few minifigs.. and do the pick a brick... but with all of the kids there ... I end up buying what I came in for and getting out quickly...
Do they ever run specials on the pick a brick cups?

Also.. .If anybody ever wants to sell the fire brigade modular ... just let me know. i am done with the modulars dating back to the town hall..
I have the Emporium, Town Hall, Palace Theatre, Pet store, and todays purchase (The parisian rest.)

Ryuuroden

Silly question... but how much is a large pick a brick cup? I always go into the Lego store wanting to build a few minifigs.. and do the pick a brick... but with all of the kids there ... I end up buying what I came in for and getting out quickly...
Do they ever run specials on the pick a brick cups?

Also.. .If anybody ever wants to sell the fire brigade modular ... just let me know. i am done with the modulars dating back to the town hall..
I have the Emporium, Town Hall, Palace Theatre, Pet store, and todays purchase (The parisian rest.)

They are 9 dollars for the small cup and 16 dollars for the large cup. Or is it 8 dollars for the small cup. I usually only get large cups. They just recently raised prices on them. I used to buy boxes for 75 dollars as that was well worth the price for certain bricks but now they raised the price to 100 dollars a box because they actually lost money selling them at 75 for some types of bricks so its not worth buying the box anymore unless its a box of 6x16 plates or something (I have bought a box of 6x16 dark bley plates back when it was 75 dollars, boy was that a steal). I mean to buy a 6x16 plate on bricklink you are looking at at least a $1.30 per plate and you won't find a bunch at one place which means multiple orders and shipping on each order. A box comes with around 160+ 6x16 plates in it. At least thats how many were in mine.

Rootbeer

Banned
BentBricks: I have some bootlegs, I posted about them a while back, setting off a mini storm of bootleg purchasing from others in the process, most seemed happy with them for the price, which was my general opinion as well.

Just commenting that these were new; glad to see them continue to crank out decent bootlegs... anyway, I went ahead and purchased a set for $6 and another set (which contained the vanilla suit FF, winter soldier, odin, green arrow and a few others) for $7 and change!

I have a feeling we must be getting an official green arrow pretty soon with the popularity of the TV show along with his appearances in LEGO Batman 3 and, presumably, Batman vs. Superman (and/or the upcoming Justice League film)

But bootlegs will do for now!

Now... I need to secure myself a "big" Thing to go with these.

Ryuuroden

Ryuuroden: I have some bootlegs, I posted about them a while back, setting off a mini storm of bootleg purchasing from others in the process, most seemed happy with them for the price, which was my general opinion as well.

Just commenting that these were new; glad to see them continue to crank out decent bootlegs... anyway, I went ahead and purchased a set for $6 and another set (which contained the vanilla suit FF, winter soldier, odin, green arrow and a few others) for $7 and change!

I have a feeling we must be getting an official green arrow pretty soon with the popularity of the TV show along with his appearances in LEGO Batman 3 and, presumably, Batman vs. Superman (and/or the upcoming Justice League film)

But bootlegs will do for now!

Now... I need to secure myself a "big" Thing to go with these.

I think you mean to reply to someone else? Anyways on the bootleg topic, I am not a huge fan of their existence but ill tolerate it as long as it doesn't invade into the areas where there is already legit figures of. I am just looking more long term and don't want to see it reach a point like where it is in figure collecting from japan where you have to be so careful in the aftermarket in buying stuff that it makes things hard. Like when you had places churning out garage kits in painted versions that was fine but now you even have legit shops like Nippon-Yasan "accidentally" selling bootlegs of Snow Miku as the official ones. If I start seeing bootleg Lego pieces outside of minifigs I will be very unhappy. I don't want substandard cling factor "lego" mixed in with real lego. It is hard to see it happening as minifigs have a higher demand and are probably easier to bootleg than all the various bricks but with the fact that factories are going up in China, what's to stop from molds being stolen and then used with lower quality plastic to make bricks.

Rootbeer

Banned
Yup that was for BentBricks, I was reading about your PAB haul and lost track :p

Yeah, I know they are controvertial for many reasons, I just like being able to acquire minifigs LEGO themselves do not produce (yet in some cases, ever in others)

Here is another minifig I want... but it's not a bootleg. It's a custom:

*SADLY* the ones on ebay do not look as good as this one does... I'm trying to track it down. Hope it's not insanely priced (over $30?)

Where do you guys tend to find the best prices for your sets? I'm thinking of picking up the Millennium Falcon this week, and the best price I can find is $20 off at Amazon.

Top Bottom