• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

Pirate Minifig Retro promo set:

8bESEF7.jpg

Should be in the August or September calendar.

neonglow

Been thinking about uploading this to LEGO Ideas. Thoughts? Is there anything I could change or improve? Think it will go anywhere?

The red rocket looks good but I'm not sure what I'm actually looking at. Is everything to scale with each other? Maybe try recreating the sets in LDraw instead of LDD for better looking pictures with more advance lighting.

I'd say just go for it and upload to LEGO Ideas. Should be a good learning experience.

The red rocket looks good but I'm not sure what I'm actually looking at. Is everything to scale with each other? Maybe try recreating the sets in LDraw instead of LDD for better looking pictures with more advance lighting.

I'd say just go for it and upload to LEGO Ideas. Should be a good learning experience.

What's LDraw?

Yeah, they're supposed a set of the 5 original Thunderbirds and The Mole, in scale with each other.

If you guys are in SoCal looking for the set why don't you just.. go to a Lego store to buy it? There's like 4 in the LA area alone. Not trying to push the store cause I work there or anything just tryin to help out, we've had that set since the first of June. Before actually, Lego let us put it out early.

Plus, VIP points :3

Stopped into a U.S. TRU today in the hope of finding the Dino poly. No luck. I did find Electro though, so that was nice...he never made it to Canada.

They had a shitload of the dino poly here. I snagged one. Only need iRex and the retailer exclusive Raptor pen set to get all the Jurassic sets now.

Rootbeer

Banned
Stopped into a U.S. TRU today in the hope of finding the Dino poly. No luck. I did find Electro though, so that was nice...he never made it to Canada.

Isn't it in Canadian TRU only?

For USA you had to pre-order LEGO Jurassic World game at Gamestop to get it.

Is this not correct?

Osahi

Oh boy, is that AT-AT great for displaying. So posable! I might not have liked the build as much as I liked (to much click this into that stuff with technic pieces, and pulling at plates to make them fit), but what a set...

I just caved and ordered the Snowspeeder so I can make a little Hoth Battle display where the harpoon is coming around the legs. Added the Double-Decker Couch for mini-figs (and free delivery) to my order. Will be a great little piece to place on my desk, close to the microfighters that are scattered around :p

Oh boy, is that AT-AT great for displaying. So posable! I might not have liked the build as much as I liked (to much click this into that stuff with technic pieces, and pulling at plates to make them fit), but what a set...

I just caved and ordered the Snowspeeder so I can make a little Hoth Battle display where the harpoon is coming around the legs. Added the Double-Decker Couch for mini-figs (and free delivery) to my order. Will be a great little piece to place on my desk, close to the microfighters that are scattered around :p

I agree on the AT-AT, kind of annoying build but awesome look when done!

However, the current Snowspeeder is way too big to be remotely to scale with that AT-AT unfortunately... What i did is use the Speeder from that one Planet series set and set it up underneath the AT-AT, fits better imo.

E3wNK5Q.jpg

Flintty

Did anyone else watch the Secret World of Lego on Channel 4 (UK) last night?

It was an awesome insight of the Lego Company and their HQ in Billund, Denmark.

It will be on 4OD. Well worth a watch if you have any interest in Lego.

Osahi

I agree on the AT-AT, kind of annoying build but awesome look when done!

However, the current Snowspeeder is way too big to be remotely to scale with that AT-AT unfortunately... What i did is use the Speeder from that one Planet series set and set it up underneath the AT-AT, fits better imo.

E3wNK5Q.jpg

I know the scale is off, but i don't really mind. I'll see when the speeder arrives. Still have to make room for it, for now it stands on top of a little dvd closet, but that doesn't do it justice. Your set up looks great though. Don't think the Microfighter I have wold have the same effect, as the pilot seat is out of scale

mrklaw

MrArseFace
In the channel 4 documentary they had a section with the guy who designed the Lego Ideas Birds set. He got his statement for the first 3 months of sales and his 1% royalty and although he was vague,he said it'd be enough to buy a car with. That seemed surprising for such a small percentage of profits, not net sales. Even at a very conservative £10k for his royalty, that would be £1m profit for Lego just from 3 months sale of one relatively niche Ideas set.

willp2003

In the channel 4 documentary they had a section with the guy who designed the Lego Ideas Birds set. He got his statement for the first 3 months of sales and his 1% royalty and although he was vague,he said it'd be enough to buy a car with. That seemed surprising for such a small percentage of profits, not net sales. Even at a very conservative £10k for his royalty, that would be £1m profit for Lego just from 3 months sale of one relatively niche Ideas set.

Yeah that surprised me just how much he'd made and that was only for 3 months. I guess the majority of Ideas sales come from the first few months, but it's a nice little pay packet.

Ponn

Banned
OHHHH hey. I'm watching Spike E3 show and they just said they are coming back with a spot and look at Lego Dimensions. If anyone is interested and home to watch it.

THEY ARE SHOWING OFF THE PORTAL LEVELS!

While it's nice that people can actually make a chunk of cash from Ideas, I fear it's only going to lead to more obnoxious supersized projects, because, you know, 1% of $400 is more than 1% of $50.

judhudson

While it's nice that people can actually make a chunk of cash from Ideas, I fear it's only going to lead to more obnoxious supersized projects, because, you know, 1% of $400 is more than 1% of $50.

The problem with that is the way LEGO Ideas is going, they only want to produce common affordable sets.

I think something like Wall-E will make much more than any $200 set (if ever made in LEGO Ideas) by sheer volume of sales.

The number on the receipt is 673419229852.

I gave that number to the clerk at TRU today and they said they had 4 of the set in. And that they had it since mid May. But after me checking for weeks on the shelf and them searching their back room, it is obvious it was a computer error or an employee stole every copy of the set from the store back in mid May. And sure enough, their warehouse is out so they have no idea when they will get more in. Fuckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom