• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huzzah! S@H finally shipped my Raptor Escape set!

Now to decide on whether I need the I. Rex or not...

You need the I. Rex.

And a question for everyone here. How do you feel about using wire shelving for displaying sets? I got a few wire display racks today and have my modulars on them, but worry about the pressure from the wire shelves on the baseplates eventually cracking them. I know the weight is well distributed, but I am still paranoid.

I do know I need to get some particle board or something to put on a few shelves so I can put some UCS stuff on them. The display stands don't work quite as well on the wire shelves.

The main reason I went with the wire was they are extremely adjustable and were on sale at Target this week. Adjusting the height between shelves allowed me to clean up the LEGO room a bit.

You need the I. Rex.

And a question for everyone here. How do you feel about using wire shelving for displaying sets? I got a few wire display racks today and have my modulars on them, but worry about the pressure from the wire shelves on the baseplates eventually cracking them. I know the weight is well distributed, but I am still paranoid.

I do know I need to get some particle board or something to put on a few shelves so I can put some UCS stuff on them. The display stands don't work quite as well on the wire shelves.

The main reason I went with the wire was they are extremely adjustable and were on sale at Target this week. Adjusting the height between shelves allowed me to clean up the LEGO room a bit.

Have you ever worked with MDF? You can get sheets relatively inexpensive and it's really easy to put a nice finish on. You could always cut sheets the size with the wire shelves and put a lip on the front. Probably not more than 1-2 hours work and you'll end up with even distribution and a classy lookin' shelf.

Have you ever worked with MDF? You can get sheets relatively inexpensive and it's really easy to put a nice finish on. You could always cut sheets the size with the wire shelves and put a lip on the front. Probably not more than 1-2 hours work and you'll end up with even distribution and a classy lookin' shelf.

Hmm. Worth looking into. I don't have any power tools at home, but maybe could get it cut down to size at Lowe's or Home Depot if I needed to.

I got one 48x72x18 shelving unit and a 36x72x18 unit. The bottom two feet of one is taken up with filing cabinets filled with instructions and then a few drawers full of large plates. I moved the modulars out of the narrow bookshelf and onto the 48" wide rack so there are two rows of modulars. They look much better all lined up.

For now I will probably just put some of the unused extra shelves from the narrow bookshelf on the wire racks to act as bases for the UCS sets. But I need to figure out some shelf spacing. But that will have to wait so I don't make noise and wake my wife up tonight.

I will get some pictures once it is all done though.

Ponn

Banned
I started the preliminary building of my Halloween scene and i'm not sure i'm going to have enough parts for both a bumper car rink and a swinging pirate ship. I may be able to do both if I use the smaller boat hull's but I only have the one from the Iron Man set and that is black so i'm not sure it would look as appropriate for the ride and it might be harder to see. I think the boat in the Ninjago City of Stiix set is a smaller boat hull piece and its brown but I wasn't looking to buy that set this year. Also i'm just thinking using the smaller ship might look more half-assed. Ugh, going back to drawing board. I did find the right material to make the black and orange fabric pieces for my carousel though so that is coming along good. I'm trying to decide now if its worth it to get a couple sets of motor and battery boxes for the carousel and ferris wheel. For that matter 3 for the Mixer as well but it would only be for Halloween so ehhh.

Also the site i've been watching for those Ferris Wheel lights have listed them. They are $50 though so, yea, wasn't thinking they would be that much. If you want to see them in action this guy has a short video of them in action.

Osahi

Are all the Lego Dimensions packs allready listed?

I went to look at the website of a local game chain, and they have tons of stuff listed with picks. Including stuff I hadn't seen yet, like this one:

000000000000033373_GM_SCREEN_0001_M.JPG

You can see them all here. (To leasy to list them up myself here with pics :p

They do have the release of everything stated for Q1 2016. I hope this is a mistake, and no omen for a delay.

Rootbeer

Banned

I went to look at the website of a local game chain, and they have tons of stuff listed with picks. Including stuff I hadn't seen yet, like this one:

They do have the release of everything stated for Q1 2016. I hope this is a mistake, and no omen for a delay.

The Wikipedia page seems mostly up-to-date on the current release date information.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Dimensions#Packs

000000000000033373_GM_SCREEN_0001_M.JPG

You can see them all here. (To leasy to list them up myself here with pics :p

The Wikipedia page seems mostly up-to-date on the current release date information.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Dimensions#Packs

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.......I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!!

Lego Dimensions is going to drive me broke :(

Osahi

Just realised I won't have any new, fancy Storm Troopers when I buy the sets I planned to. Maybe after seeing the films I will grow on the Snowspeeder, Troop Transport or Kylo Rens ship. Or I'll have to wait untill wave 2 hits...

Rootbeer

Banned
Just realised I won't have any new, fancy Storm Troopers when I buy the sets I planned to. Maybe after seeing the films I will grow on the Snowspeeder, Troop Transport or Kylo Rens ship. Or I'll have to wait untill wave 2 hits...

I was thinking about putting off 1 or 2 sets, but I now think I should get everything. I think the demand will be rather high and there might be long waiting periods on restocks. Not going to risk it!

Hope shop@home puts them up around 9pm like usual. I don't think they put the Airjitzu up until later that morning and not at 9pm the night before... makes me wonder if they are doing it with SW too.

Amiibro

Huzzah! S@H finally shipped my Raptor Escape set!

Now to decide on whether I need the I. Rex or not...

I have had the I Rex set on order for a couple weeks now, yesterday I an update on the site that said more expected on the 3rd of next month, then it went back to saying ships within 30 days. Is there a glimmer of hope that my already ordered I Rex set will show up around that date??

Also I ended up just ordering Raptor Escape from a 3rd party listing, ended up eating about $15 markup but Im sick of waiting to have all 4 Raptors.

Osahi

I was thinking about putting off 1 or 2 sets, but I now think I should get everything. I think the demand will be rather high and there might be long waiting periods on restocks. Not going to risk it!

Hope shop@home puts them up around 9pm like usual. I don't think they put the Airjitzu up until later that morning and not at 9pm the night before... makes me wonder if they are doing it with SW too.

That's a risk I'll have to take. I just don't have the money to buy all at once. I am even spreading the sets I want over two or three monts.

And yeah, Metal Gear Solid V C3PO is a must have. Too bad he isn't featured yet.

I'm not a fan of how Lego uses animation in their ads to show minifigs in dynamic poses that are impossible to achieve IRL.
Yeah, it looks really off. I think it would work much better if it was done in a stop motion style like the Lego movie. I guess this ways cheaper though.

Kito

Hmmm what IS this "ugly solution" you speak off?

Maggie sitting on top of the dog and Martin's book balancing between two roof tiles. If you clicked on my hyperlink you would've seen the image of an eBayer's 'ugly' solution...

If they're not in, did you try putting the dog sideways?
For the book, how about putting Martin on the back stud and the book closed up in the front? Or maybe he won't exactly fit then since the head may collide with the back wall since you can't bend small figs?

I guess sideways is the only possible position for the dog but I can't find a place where he looks good sideways. I'll try putting Martin on the back studs now.

Only major con coming up is NYCC in October, and Wizard World Chicago this weekend. I don't remember LEGO doing exclusives for anything other than SDCC. Have they?

C3P0 is too mainstream of a character for him to be CC exclusive minifig. It has to be Echo Base.

New hair mold for Venkman?

ESr5NPw.jpg

Sheeeeeiitt. That's a bit ostentatious by Lego standards. I suppose it will be used elsewhere often.

Rootbeer

Banned
Found the new minifigs. Store refused to sell to me. Tried everything I could including asking a second employee. Really bullshit how some Targets just put it on the shelf and sell with zero issue and another is unyielding and wouldn't even open the box to scan them which would proove there is no hard sell date.
Went back to this same store today. Yesterday, I tried everything short of speaking to a manager (yup, my mistake) to get them to open the box... they insisted they couldn't open it, and the employee that was the superior said and I quote "make sure this doesn't get opened until Sept 1st" to the other one. I wanted to see if they would actually put it out before that date like I suspected.

Lo and behold... I walk into the same store today... box is in the toy isle, open and only has 20 of out of the originally 60 figures inside.

I could not complete a full set from the ones there. Still need Spectre, Zombie Businessman and Bigfoot. Whoever hit that box went after the ghostlegs (spectre, banshee) minifigs with a vengence. Shocked I even found one.

Sigh. Always get a manager.

Yeah. I'm salty. Being given the runaround is no fun.

*edit*
I decided to take the display box since it's cool looking. I put all the minifigs I picked in it and put the rest on the displayer where they still had some Series 13 minifigs. At checkout, the cashier scanned only the box and was going to sell me my entire haul for 3.99 (!!!), she even put it in my bag and was moving on to the next item. But ya know... I am actually a good person and had her open the box and count them. You're welcome, Target.

End of storytime :p

Ponn

Banned
I ventured out today to my local Target. Despite knowing how this damn town is, my luck and it being so unbearably hot out. Sure enough, nada monster CMF, zilch, no Lego clearance items either. And after months and months of seeing no series 13 CMF anywhere what do I see in the checkout aisle. Yup, shelves of series 13 CMF, after i had already given up and just bricklinked/aftermarketed the figs I wanted.

Di0FEvg.jpg

Flames...flames coming from the sides of my head.

Rootbeer

Banned
I ventured out today to my local Target. Despite knowing how this damn town is, my luck and it being so unbearably hot out. Sure enough, nada monster CMF, zilch, no Lego clearance items either. And after months and months of seeing no series 13 CMF anywhere what do I see in the checkout aisle. Yup, shelves of series 13 CMF, after i had already given up and just bricklinked/aftermarketed the figs I wanted.

Let us drown our flames out together with some delicious beer! You have company. Cheers!

I had eyes on the AT-AT before it was released but I never bought it. I still want it but I'm broke.

Maybe I should look for a job at Lego. There's three stores in NYC I believe.

Went back to this same store today. Yesterday, I tried everything short of speaking to a manager (yup, my mistake) to get them to open the box... they insisted they couldn't open it, and the employee that was the superior said and I quote "make sure this doesn't get opened until Sept 1st" to the other one. I wanted to see if they would actually put it out before that date like I suspected.

Lo and behold... I walk into the same store today... box is in the toy isle, open and only has 20 of out of the originally 60 figures inside.

I could not complete a full set from the ones there. Still need Spectre, Zombie Businessman and Bigfoot. Whoever hit that box went after the ghostlegs (spectre, banshee) minifigs with a vengence. Shocked I even found one.

Sigh. Always get a manager.

Yeah. I'm salty. Being given the runaround is no fun.

*edit*
I decided to take the display box since it's cool looking. I put all the minifigs I picked in it and put the rest on the displayer where they still had some Series 13 minifigs. At checkout, the cashier scanned only the box and was going to sell me my entire haul for 3.99 (!!!), she even put it in my bag and was moving on to the next item. But ya know... I am actually a good person and had her open the box and count them. You're welcome, Target.

End of storytime :p

Can you post the dpci? I want to search around for these today.

Did you feel them out for hot dog guy or unicorn girl?

Ponn

Banned
Did you feel them out for hot dog guy or unicorn girl?

I got a couple just blind for shits and giggles. Ended up with an extra Ming the Conqueror and Hot Dog Guy. I might use my extras for trades to complete the monster CMF line.

Also building Scooby Mansion right now. Yayyy finally have sweet innocent Velma!

bBHXBpC.jpg

ghostmind

Having seen all of the Hasbro Force Awakens offerings, thanks to Zulithe's link in the Star Wars thread, I find myself preferring the LEGO versions of the vehicles greatly. I'm sure it's just my preference for LEGO, but Hasbro's ships just looks like static hunks of plastic, while the LEGO versions feel much more dynamic.

I am a huge hypocrite. Forgive me. I have (lovingly) mocked people for "back logs" on here, and here I am with 25 sets (not pictured, Raptor Escape) sitting in the spare room waiting to either be built or just sorted into the collective of parts. Sure, 90% of this is stuff I got for 40-75% off and just for parts, I still now have a growing back log.

Thankfully, clearance sales are winding down for now, so it won't grow by too much for a bit.

EDIT: Oh, and just a tip, if you are looking for clearance stuff, check the garden centers at Wal Mart or Meijer. All the Friends stuff was just stacked on a cart sitting in the garden center at Meijer, and no one knew about it. Gotta love that 75% off stuff. They still had a bunch of the Heartlake Shopping Mall after a few days because no one knew to look out there.

Jimbro72

My backlog is now of a size that I'm just going to refer to it as my MISB LEGO collection.

That said, I think this weekend I'm going to build either the UCS Slave I or TIE Fighter.

Amiibro

I have the same problem and same stacks I picked up on markdown!! in fact a ton of the same sets it looks like! lol

I am picking the bones dry locally, just picked up the Disney Princess Castle and Tower to put together with my daughter even though she is small she likes to help with the bigger parts and puts all my mini figs together flawless.

I have a secret stash closet lol

Currently sitting at 24 unopened sets I have picked up recently.

I am a huge hypocrite. Forgive me. I have (lovingly) mocked people for "back logs" on here, and here I am with 25 sets (not pictured, Raptor Escape) sitting in the spare room waiting to either be built or just sorted into the collective of parts. Sure, 90% of this is stuff I got for 40-75% off and just for parts, I still now have a growing back log.

Thankfully, clearance sales are winding down for now, so it won't grow by too much for a bit.

EDIT: Oh, and just a tip, if you are looking for clearance stuff, check the garden centers at Wal Mart or Meijer. All the Friends stuff was just stacked on a cart sitting in the garden center at Meijer, and no one knew about it. Gotta love that 75% off stuff. They still had a bunch of the Heartlake Shopping Mall after a few days because no one knew to look out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom