• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That said, I think this weekend I'm going to build either the UCS Slave I or TIE Fighter.

Slave 1 is a better build, but the TIE Fighter looks better when done. Sorry, I am too big a fan of the TIE design.

And 90% of the LEGO room is done. Please, for the love of all that is holy, ignore the mess on the table.

The main work desk and the wall sorters for the smaller parts and SNOT stuff.

The main wall of the room.

The modular shelf. The bottom shelf is two filing cabinets filled with instructions and then a rubbermaid drawer system filled with 4x4 and larger plates. The second to the top shelf are all the baseplates organized.
Oh, and um, there is also the incomplete church for my halloween MOC on the shelf too. I just stowed it there to get it out of the way for now.

The former Modular display rack. Almost the entire thing was just modulars, with one per shelf and filling the whole thing. But they look so much better in a row on the other rack now. Now I just put all the Stanley Sortmasters on here, with room to add 8 more in the future if needed. I still need to make labels for the ends of them to know what is in each without dragging them out.

The mini modulars are just there for the moment until I figure out a better place for them.
The Helicarrier is huge though, and takes up an entire shelf. Not pictured in this pic are the bottom two shelves filled with Sterilite containers filled with larger bricks and wheels.

Ponn

Banned
Slave 1 is a better build, but the TIE Fighter looks better when done. Sorry, I am too big a fan of the TIE design.

And 90% of the LEGO room is done. Please, for the love of all that is holy, ignore the mess on the table.

The main work desk and the wall sorters for the smaller parts and SNOT stuff.

The main wall of the room.

The modular shelf. The bottom shelf is two filing cabinets filled with instructions and then a rubbermaid drawer system filled with 4x4 and larger plates. The second to the top shelf are all the baseplates organized.
Oh, and um, there is also the incomplete church for my halloween MOC on the shelf too. I just stowed it there to get it out of the way for now.

The former Modular display rack. Almost the entire thing was just modulars, with one per shelf and filling the whole thing. But they look so much better in a row on the other rack now. Now I just put all the Stanley Sortmasters on here, with room to add 8 more in the future if needed. I still need to make labels for the ends of them to know what is in each without dragging them out.

The mini modulars are just there for the moment until I figure out a better place for them.
The Helicarrier is huge though, and takes up an entire shelf. Not pictured in this pic are the bottom two shelves filled with Sterilite containers filled with larger bricks and wheels.

That is an awesome Lego room. I wish I could have a mancave or at least some workspace. I spy a Helicarrier!

Finished Scooby Mansion. Really fun bulld and great figs. Some are repeats but like the vampire there is some great differences besides the alt faces.
ReYb110.jpg

I like how some of the build and fixtures are off center intentionally.

The off kilter stuff was the best stuff in the Scooby Mansion. Definitely a great set, even if in the end it falls short of the glory of Vampyre Castle. But that is a very high bar to clear.

And stickers going on crooked (guilty here too) on the clock face just add to the charm of the set in my opinion.

EDIT: And Helicarrier was the newest addition. The sheer size of it is what necessitated going to get the new shelves. I needed something to put it on and show it in all its glory.

Ponn

Banned
The off kilter stuff was the best stuff in the Scooby Mansion. Definitely a great set, even if in the end it falls short of the glory of Vampyre Castle. But that is a very high bar to clear.

And stickers going on crooked (guilty here too) on the clock face just add to the charm of the set in my opinion.

EDIT: And Helicarrier was the newest addition. The sheer size of it is what necessitated going to get the new shelves. I needed something to put it on and show it in all its glory.

I was originally thinking of integrating it into Vampyre Castle but alot of the pieces just don't match to me. The greenhouse could actually, that was my favorite part of the set and I love the pumpkin head pieces. I'm actually going to be tearing down the set pretty quick to use in my Halloween moc. The purple tower piece will make a great top to a carnival building.

I love that you still have your airship moc still up. After the holidays I think i'm going to finally start to work on one and I have an idea for the propellers using those fan type stair cases from a couple sets. I got a couple steampunk style goggle headpieces so i'm getting there.

I can't bring myself to break down the Airship MOC just yet. While it sucked up most of some certain pieces, I spent too much time on it and am too proud of it to take it down.

I am still having a hard time getting going on my Halloween MOC. The church is almost done (i just need a roof), and I have plans for an Evil Dead cabin and to make more grounds for things, but I just feel the need to keep cleaning up all the random LEGO crap from around the apartment instead of building. I am having a hard time focusing when there is so much left to sort and stow away.

Fowler

Turns out LEGO minifig hands are just the right distance apart to hold a ring. Works out quite well for my weekend plans...

What's the white material you laid on the wire shelves? I have similar shelves and because I'm lazy and ghetto I just use cardboard but eventually i'd like to make it look nicer. My local hardware store had silicon lining fitted to the shelves but it was more than I wanted to pay.

I can't bring myself to break down the Airship MOC just yet. While it sucked up most of some certain pieces, I spent too much time on it and am too proud of it to take it down.

I am still having a hard time getting going on my Halloween MOC. The church is almost done (i just need a roof), and I have plans for an Evil Dead cabin and to make more grounds for things, but I just feel the need to keep cleaning up all the random LEGO crap from around the apartment instead of building. I am having a hard time focusing when there is so much left to sort and stow away.

I thought that airship may join Ryoruden's steampunk setup for a show.

I don't know how else they could have made him but B-88 looks... so lame hahaha

New hair mold for Venkman?

ESr5NPw.jpg

Sheeeeeiitt. That's a bit ostentatious by Lego standards. I suppose it will be used elsewhere often.

It really bothers me that the Ecto-1 doesn't have back wheels. Like, I get that it's tiny, and you can sweep it under the rug by saying they're hidden under the back wheel wells, but it looks so weird.

On a more positive note! I think you're right about that hair mould being reused a lot, isn't that the same new hair piece they're using for the Lego Dimensions version of Doc Brown?

Edit - Holy cow it's not! It's the same as Doctor Who's hair, though.

Damn Lego is going ALL IN on Dimensions, eh? New moulds for Slimer, Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, Venkman hair, Doc Brown hair, Portal gun, Sonic Screwdriver, Cyberman head, what else am I missing? Do any of the older themes ala Chima/Ninjago have new parts?

I don't know how else they could have made him but B-88 looks... so lame hahaha

It really bothers me that the Ecto-1 doesn't have back wheels. Like, I get that it's tiny, and you can sweep it under the rug by saying they're hidden under the back wheel wells, but it looks so weird.

On a more positive note! I think you're right about that hair mould being reused a lot, isn't that the same new hair piece they're using for the Lego Dimensions version of Doc Brown?

Edit - Holy cow it's not! It's the same as Doctor Who's hair, though.

Damn Lego is going ALL IN on Dimensions, eh? New moulds for Slimer, Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, Venkman hair, Doc Brown hair, Portal gun, Sonic Screwdriver, Cyberman head, what else am I missing? Do any of the older themes ala Chima/Ninjago have new parts?

Also note that there's an in-game version of Dana on the box art.

Actually, this may have sold me on getting the game and not just loose figures. We're never getting a Lego Ghostbusters game but this is close enough.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What are the drawers that they use in the Lego offices that you see in videos? They look a little like IKEA 'alex' drawers. I'd love to have a wall of those, I have a hodgepodge of different plastic and wooden drawers and they are just a little messy

You call THAT a "mess" phon? LOL... you should see my "building area" :(((

Also: nice to see you got the EXACT 2 same modulars missing from your collection as i (unless they're hidden somewhere else), damnit i really wish i could somehow get my hands on a Green Grocer or a Cafe Corner but those 2 will forever elude me.

Also: nice to see you got the EXACT 2 same modulars missing from your collection as i (unless they're hidden somewhere else), damnit i really wish i could somehow get my hands on a Green Grocer or a Cafe Corner but those 2 will forever elude me.

Market Street too, no? Or is that not considered an official Modular?

Market Street too, no? Or is that not considered an official Modular?

ahh crap thanks for reminding me i am missing that as well :(

I guess i kinda forgot about that one since you practically never hear anyone talk about it like the others and also since it's got a low piece count and doesn't seem as detailed i suppose...

What's the white material you laid on the wire shelves? I have similar shelves and because I'm lazy and ghetto I just use cardboard but eventually i'd like to make it look nicer. My local hardware store had silicon lining fitted to the shelves but it was more than I wanted to pay.

It is white laminated particle board. A 4'x8' sheet of it was $10 at Home Depot in the lumber section. I then had them cut down the piece into six pieces which fit the shelves.
It was cheap, thin (about 1/4" or so thick, so it actually barely comes above the lip of the front of the shelf), and sturdy enough to line the racks.

I thought that airship may join Ryoruden's steampunk setup for a show.

Well, that too.

Turns out LEGO minifig hands are just the right distance apart to hold a ring. Works out quite well for my weekend plans...

You are taking the One Ring to Mordor?

Kidding! Congrats on the real obvious answer. :)

What are the drawers that they use in the Lego offices that you see in videos? They look a little like IKEA 'alex' drawers. I'd love to have a wall of those, I have a hodgepodge of different plastic and wooden drawers and they are just a little messy

Hmmm. Thank you for giving me a name for those drawers. Definitely something to investigate later. Especially a desk.

Yes, it is messy. I moved the mess just out of the way so you couldn't see it. There is a second desk to the side piled high with containers of unsorted stuff, and then more on the floor.

And yes, Green Grocer and Cafe Corner are the two main ones I am missing. I came out of the dark ages just before Town Hall hit. Fire Brigade was my first modular, and I spent the next year playing catch up on the rest.

Alright, i'll give you messy then but i still bet mine's messier ;) In fact i'm not even gonna take a picture of it because i am so ashamed! My building desk is COVERED in loose pieces that i keep telling myself i will sort someday. It's been like that for about 1 and a half years now :( in fact ever since my son has been born which i use as an excuse for why i didn't have time to clean it up and sort it all into my bins.

I guess while SOME people here seem to actually LIKE sorting, i sort of keep procrastinating since i don't really feel like doing it. Just seems overwhelming and i'd rather build new sets instead hehe...

Alright, i'll give you messy then but i still bet mine's messier ;) In fact i'm not even gonna take a picture of it because i am so ashamed! My building desk is COVERED in loose pieces that i keep telling myself i will sort someday. It's been like that for about 1 and a half years now :( in fact ever since my son has been born which i use as an excuse for why i didn't have time to clean it up and sort it all into my bins.

I guess while SOME people here seem to actually LIKE sorting, i sort of keep procrastinating since i don't really feel like doing it. Just seems overwhelming and i'd rather build new sets instead hehe...
Sorting is so time consuming. But the longer you put it off, the more you have to sort. It just balloons.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

You can have my bricklinked 'only the roof is a slightly tweaked colour' one for a good price.

You can have my bricklinked 'only the roof is a slightly tweaked colour' one for a good price.

appreciate it mate but... unfortunately i am a little OCD about these things and since i only have the completely original modular line on display i'd be hard pressed to put a changed up version (even if only slightly) of one modular among the rest.

Besides, even IF i could learn to live with that slight imperfection, the glaring absence of the remaining modular makes it so that i might as well leave both of em out.

Osahi

Been waiting to see the falcon interior. Happy to see they did a nice job considering the constraints they are working within.

Yes, pretty nice interior. Seems like largely the same build of the previous version (based in videos I saw). Curious about the spring loaded shooters mechanism they seem to have, or is it just possible to hit the end of the lasers when you put your finger in the holes?

Fine, you want messy, well here it is:

Let's not talk about the ten or so random containers strewn about the downstairs that are filled with random sets or parts that I need to clean up. It is getting more and more out of hand and I need to stop it from growing more.

My wife got annoyed with me and dumped 20+ separated containers into one giant container last weekend. I should have taken a pic. THAT is a messy, frustrating thing to return home to after a guys' weekend at the cottage.

Luckily it was just sorted bricks & plates, so super easy to re-sort.

But still.

My wife got annoyed with me and dumped 20+ separated containers into one giant container last weekend. I should have taken a pic. THAT is a messy, frustrating thing to return home to after a guys' weekend at the cottage.

Luckily it was just sorted bricks & plates, so super easy to re-sort.

But still.

Doesn't sound good. Was it LEGO related annoyed?

Side note, were you the one into Indiana Jones or was that Ghostmind?

I'm looking to unload the following if you or anyone here is interested.
7621: Indiana Jones and the Lost Tomb
7623: Temple Escape

I bought both used. No boxes.
Need to check if I have instructions.
Temple Escape is missing the airplane and most of the minifigs. I can easily get the parts for the plane from my collective. I need to check again and see what minifigs aren't missing from the sets and take some photos.

PM if anyone is interested.

Rootbeer

Banned
This might not stay up long the way Disney is going after leaks.

*edit* larger version

vBO2jcv.jpg

source is here:
http://www.brickmerge.de/5002948-1_lego-star-wars-c-3po

Hothbricks believes this will be a promo item at TRU in November:
Polybag is the first LEGO Star Wars era The Force Awakens: This is C-3PO (LEGO ID 5002948) in a version post-Trilogy with red arms, already seen on other products of the film released in theaters on 18 December.
This polybag, appeared on a German price comparison, probably will not be that offered by LEGO on September 4 (if there is one for the occaison, it may contain a First Order Stormtrooper ...), and This is a priori a bag to be distributed by Toys R Us in the US in November.
Promobricks also mentioned (in German) possibility of another bag with a First Order Tie Fighter micro format.

Rootbeer

Banned
The good news... since it is a TRU polybag you can probably buy it without having to participate in the promo. This is good if it turns out to be a "Buy $30 of Star Wars LEGO and get this free!" item, because by November I'll already own all the TFA LEGO... unless more hit shelves at that time.

Also let's keep in mind TRU polybags like this often hit stores before the promo, sometimes weeks early, so I'm going to be on the lookout once we get more date leaks to avoid my store selling them all before the promo date. I've seen entire boxes of these sorts of polybags (like the Rocket Raccoon one) at customer service and they just let you buy them.

Definitely worth buying several of these. The fact that it is in a polybag like this is probably a sign it won't be in any sets throughout 2015 or even 2016?

Ponn

Banned
The good news... since it is a TRU polybag you can probably buy it without having to participate in the promo. This is good if it turns out to be a "Buy $30 of Star Wars LEGO and get this free!" item, because by November I'll already own all the TFA LEGO... unless more hit shelves at that time.

Also let's keep in mind TRU polybags like this often hit stores before the promo, sometimes weeks early, so I'm going to be on the lookout once we get more date leaks to avoid my store selling them all before the promo date. I've seen entire boxes of these sorts of polybags (like the Rocket Raccoon one) at customer service and they just let you buy them.

Definitely worth buying several of these. The fact that it is in a polybag like this is probably a sign it won't be in any sets throughout 2015 or even 2016?

Unfortunately mine has caught on and are hiding them. That's ok on this one though i'd only want one. Everyone should just be happy its not some con exclusive or some bullshit like that. The only set i'm thinking of picking up on force friday is the Falcon. If you do have to buy a Star Wars set that will be fine for me because I could either get the Tie Fighter, Halloween X-Wing or if reviews are actually good on it that Kylo Ren ship (i'm really doubting it though).

Rootbeer

Banned
Well in the event that they do lock people out from buying them early, I'll buy some army builders or something :( We'll see what happens!

ghostmind

I've heard there will also be a mini Force Awakens TIE, and a First Order Snowtrooper polybag - both of which could be available on Force Friday.

ghostmind

What is "Force Friday"? Is it a TRU event, or something Disney is encouraging across multiple mediums & outlets?

Force Friday is across all retailers, both physical stores and online merchants. It is the first wave of The Force Awakens merchandise, and it covers pretty much everything one could think of.

TRU is leading the charge in the toy area, and will be opening stores at 12:01AM on Friday, September the 4th.

Here's Starwars.com explaining it back in May: http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-force-awakens-products-to-arrive-on-force-friday-september-4

Rootbeer

Banned
Target just put an announcement on their site about participating in FF. They also have a special event on Saturday following it.

My plan is to hit TRU first, then Target after in case they have different exclusives or if I can't find everything at TRU depending on the crowds.

BTW... check youtube for videos people have made on previous Force Fridays. The lines can be pretty long. Make sure you are prepared if you are really going to go. Get there a bit early.

ghostmind

Target just put an announcement on their site about participating in FF. They also have a special event on Saturday following it.

My plan is to hit TRU first, then Target after in case they have different exclusives or if I can't find everything at TRU depending on the crowds.

BTW... check youtube for videos people have made on previous Force Fridays. The lines can be pretty long. Make sure you are prepared if you are really going to go. Get there a bit early.

So that is TRU, Target and Walmart with 12:01 openings.

Choices, choices...

And for LEGO, I am wondering if it would be a better idea to wait until the LEGO Store opens later in the morning.

Rootbeer

Banned
So that is TRU, Target and Walmart with 12:01 openings.

Choices, choices...

And for LEGO, I am wondering if it would be a better idea to wait until the LEGO Store opens later in the morning.

It's going to be Soooo tempting to get all the sets that night... but I don't want to get overwhelmed with a huge shopping list. Going to focus on the 6" figures, the 6" scale TIE and exclusives. Maybe get one of those lightsabers shown in the catalog, stuff of that nature.

LEGO I am definitely getting at the LEGO store or on shop.lego.com

In fact, if they put them up around 9PM PST I can order everything online 3 hours before my TRU even opens its doors. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom