• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
2016 is stacked. As if it wouldn't be. But knowing what it's stacked WITH makes all the difference.

The C-3PO minifigure just went live in the UK on the Toys R Us website.

Costs as much to ship it as it is to get it though, very steep.

I wish I could import it just to have it over and done with... but siiigh it's almost $8 before shipping and other fees... not worth it. Guess I'm waiting.

Just hope that stores get tons of these because sometimes my stores get very small shipments. Othertimes they get a small mountain of them. Can't always predict.

teeny

2016 is stacked. As if it wouldn't be. But knowing what it's stacked WITH makes all the difference.

I wish I could import it just to have it over and done with... but siiigh it's almost $8 before shipping and other fees... not worth it. Guess I'm waiting.

Just hope that stores get tons of these because sometimes my stores get very small shipments. Othertimes they get a small mountain of them. Can't always predict.

Good luck, I hope you manage to snag it.

£5! Is it made of real gold?

To be fair, that's only twice a normal CMF and you do get it free with a £15 purchase (though you only get free shipping at £30). I'll probably pop into a store at some time.

I can't wait to get more details on the Captain America Civil War sets. I hope we finally get an MCU Falcon as well as a Black Panther.

Personally, there aren't a whole lotta must haves for me for quite some time. I still need the ferris wheel and the last 3 Ultra Agent sets, but that's pretty much it until 2016 and I can still pick those up for the foreseeable future.

Which is a good thing because this is the time of year when my hobby budget shifts strongly to video games. I believe I counted 12-13 games I want between now and the new year.

Also, we're taking the kids on a surprise Disney World vacation in April. We're staying on resort for 10 days and sparing no expense. That's eating into lots of our hobby budget starting in Jan. Disney is expensive!

It's at step 72. You stick it on a slope brick on the middle horizontal 'corridor' segment (the one with the circles to the side, and the only top pieces you can't lift). You can even see the sticker on the box, directly to the right of the antenna :)

I missed it myself too. You have to apply it in the next step after you place the brick in question, and at that time you are building at the other side of the ship. The sticker symbol is tucked away in the right corner below. Only noticed a few steps further there was a brick with a sticker on the drawing, so I went back to see where I missed it :p

Perfect; thank you! It took me a few moments to find the sticker graphic even after reading your post.

TLG should consider putting a sticker graphic in the inventory list of each step. Or you know, just get rid of them entirely.

Osahi

Perfect; thank you! It took me a few moments to find the sticker graphic even after reading your post.

TLG should consider putting a sticker graphic in the inventory list of each step. Or you know, just get rid of them entirely.

I vote for getting rid of them :p But yeah, making it clearer when a sticker is needed should be welcome, especially as you have to apply them in the step after placing the bricks usually.

Speaking of signing stuff more clearly, it's a shame the TFA sets don't have the fine red lines around new bricks the Detective's Office instructions had. It makes big builds so much more comfortable. With the Falcon I sometimes had to scan the graphics touroughly to see where the next grey brick was needed in the grey mass this thing is :p

willp2003

Come on - millennium falcon is in the new movie - why no new UCS falcon? We have basically all the ships now except that.

I get my hopes up every time I watch one of the animated shows (droid tales etc) and it appears in it. Even though it would cost a lot and I'd have nowhere to display it, I'd buy it instantly.

I get my hopes up every time I watch one of the animated shows (droid tales etc) and it appears in it. Even though it would cost a lot and I'd have nowhere to display it, I'd buy it instantly.

pffft. you've got a ceiling. we could invent a lego hanging solution that's resilient enough to stay up there without using glue

75144 UCS Snowspeeder $199

New UCS Death Star in 2016.

OMG! My prayers have been answered. I've been thinking of bricklinking the UCS Snowspeeder for a long time now with hopes of TLG remaking it. So much UCS goodness over the past couple of years with the Tumbler, Red 5, Slave 1, and the TIE. Crossing my fingers that the Snowspeeder will be as good or better than 10129.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
Of all the major classic trilogy ships, the A-wing is the only one that hasn't gotten a UCS version yet, am I right? Would love to see this one day. I'm a bit biased because it's one my favorite ships in the Star Wars universe. Wouldn't even have to be a huge ship, I bet they could pull it off in a 100 - 150 dollar pricerange.

Kitsuné;179624191 said:
Of all the major classic trilogy ships, the A-wing is the only one that hasn't gotten a UCS version yet, am I right? Would love to see this one day. I'm a bit biased because it's one my favorite ships in the Star Wars universe. Wouldn't even have to be a huge ship, I bet they could pull it off in a 100 - 150 dollar pricerange.

I love UCS Star Wars sets and wouldn't mind the A-Wing getting that treatment.

Ok, so Ultra Agents is nowhere to be found on the official Lego Shop site in the EU? I just checked and it seems that theme is now GONE here?

Unless i somehow made a mistake or overlooked it, between this and the second wave never showing up in the EU i am seriously disappointed in Lego for them not giving it the same support as they did in the US and other markets, did it really bomb THAT hard over here or what else is the reason?

neonglow

Ok, so Ultra Agents is nowhere to be found on the official Lego Shop site in the EU? I just checked and it seems that theme is now GONE here?

Unless i somehow made a mistake or overlooked it, between this and the second wave never showing up in the EU i am seriously disappointed in Lego for them not giving it the same support as they did in the US and other markets, did it really bomb THAT hard over here or what else is the reason?

Europe will not be getting the last wave of Ultra Agents. I think in the US, most of the last wave sets can only be found at Toys R Us now

I can't remember if they showed up on S@H but I did get the invisible guy from Bricks & Pieces at one point so I assume so. Right now, the bigger sets are marked as "new" on Swedish Toys R Us, so I don't know how distribution has worked. I'm pretty sure the smaller sets have been in shops for a while.

Edit: Weird, the UK and DE shops for TRU do not have the three bigger Ultra Agents sets.

Ultra Agents - Good Guys

4A396901-5663-4737-920F-DF17CC01BF47.jpg

9ECDC7DB-3746-4F82-B827-69D034F1121A.jpg

97ABB79A-4104-407E-A08A-422390E21869.jpg

86887626-35A8-4D0F-9610-7DA6D959E04C.jpg

ED51C60F-C4B0-4B1D-97BC-EB38B258E803.jpg

CF124B01-F885-4AC6-804E-FCFE34A67BE8.jpg

7029C16A-3173-4E70-BBA3-BF2CB466AE5C.jpg

02AC7E9C-A0E4-4E51-A952-22CFF93C280E.jpg

Ultra Agents is the best sub-set I have ever bought and built.

For comparison, the other subsets I own and have built in their entirety are: Monster Fighters, Galaxy Squad, and Alien Conquest

Don't get me wrong, it's close. I'm judging this based on minifigs, look/feel, and playability across all the sets. In theory, Monster Fighters should be my #1 based on theme alone, but I personally think a lot of the sets fell short in that line. Comparatively, Galaxy Squad did virtually everything right and I would probably have to rank it over Monster Hunters. Alien Conquest had some amazing sets intermixed in with some rather weak ones. It's really cool to the way each product line has built upon the "pros" of the previous one.

The Ultra Agent sets have tons of playability, moving, and transforming parts. Everything is built strong for play. The unified theme across all the "good guys" is consistent and really unique. That helicopter is hardcore. That, Stealth Patrol, and Inferno Interception are the "must haves" out of the good guy side. I think the plane, Ultrasonic Showdown, is the weakest set but it's still pretty good. (and has a fantastic villain minifig!).

I'll post the villains later in a similar manner.

Tendo

My two simpsons sets, Slave 1, and republic gunship came today :O

Today is a good day :)

EDIT: That UCS red 5 is back in stock on lego.com Oh man. Must wait until October!

EDIT: That UCS red 5 is back in stock on lego.com Oh man. Must wait until October!

Slave 1 is awesome, enjoy it! I've also read very positive things about the Kwik-E-Mart.

If you'll allow a bit of "disabling", I really don't like the Red Five set. The cockpit canopy sticker is a disaster and I'm not crazy about it as a display piece. Red 5 is an awesome Slowdive song, but not a great LEGO set (IMO). I know others love it, but I prefer the 2012 non-UCS version.

Anyway, there's my vote against the set. There are better LEGO sets you can buy with the same money.

Tendo

Slave 1 is awesome, enjoy it! I've also read very positive things about the Kwik-E-Mart.

If you'll allow a bit of "disabling", I really don't like the Red Five set. The cockpit canopy sticker is a disaster and I'm not crazy about it as a display piece. Red 5 is an awesome Slowdive song, but not a great LEGO set (IMO). I know others love it, but I prefer the 2012 non-UCS version.

Anyway, there's my vote against the set. There are better LEGO sets you can buy with the same money.

Looking at videos I kind of feel the same. I bought Poe's x-wing for the new flick and really don't see much reason to upgrade other than the larger size, fuller details and old school look. If the next UCS is really the snowspeeder I'd much rather wait for that.

3N16MA

Banned
Looking at videos I kind of feel the same. I bought Poe's x-wing for the new flick and really don't see much reason to upgrade other than the larger size, fuller details and old school look. If the next UCS is really the snowspeeder I'd much rather wait for that.

Go for the sets you really want. These guys have been at it much longer than I have and go crazy with all their set buying. Pretty sure most of them are Sith and will enable you to buy every set possible.

Maengun1

Simpsons House and Kwik-Mart are possibly my 2 favorite sets ever, but I'm a bit biased since I'm even more of a Simpsons fanatic than a Lego fanatic. I'd like to see a new building every year!

Kwik-E-Mart interior is ridiculously awesome. Every single time someone comes over to my place they're all over them. People are like "I need these!" and then they almost faint when I tell them how much they cost haha.

Toxi

Banned
The reason I'm staying away from the Red 5 is that if I'm spending 200 dollars for 1500 pieces, the last thing I want is to end up with a fucked up windshield because of the sticker.

willp2003

The reason I'm staying away from the Red 5 is that if I'm spending 200 dollars for 1500 pieces, the last thing I want is to end up with a fucked up windshield because of the sticker.

They do give you two copies of the windshield sticker, but it's still an arse to do. Messed up one section on mine, but thankfully it was ok on the second attempt.

Europe will not be getting the last wave of Ultra Agents. I think in the US, most of the last wave sets can only be found at Toys R Us now

Great, just great :(

also: Tx Eskimo for rubbing it in my face with your nice Ultra Agents pics ;(

besides you're still missing the one set i really wanted but can't get, the Ocean HQ!!

Tendo

Simpsons House and Kwik-Mart are possibly my 2 favorite sets ever, but I'm a bit biased since I'm even more of a Simpsons fanatic than a Lego fanatic. I'd like to see a new building every year!

Kwik-E-Mart interior is ridiculously awesome. Every single time someone comes over to my place they're all over them. People are like "I need these!" and then they almost faint when I tell them how much they cost haha.

Those two were for my wife as an early birthday present. I'm a little jealous she gets to build them :p they look absolutely incredible. I love the smooth pieces, the colors, and incredible detail.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
There's one thing that bothers me in most huge sets.

What's up with the unusual block being used as a generic piece that sometimes gets hidden? Like in building the Parisian, there's this 1x1 black brick with a hole placed in the upper wall. I thought it'd be special, but nope, it's treated like a regular 1x1 brick. I dunno why they even bothered with it and not just put a regular 1x1.

Osahi

There's one thing that bothers me in most huge sets.

What's up with the unusual block being used as a generic piece that sometimes gets hidden? Like in building the Parisian, there's this 1x1 black brick with a hole placed in the upper wall. I thought it'd be special, but nope, it's treated like a regular 1x1 brick. I dunno why they even bothered with it and not just put a regular 1x1.

I always thought they did it for refference in the instructions, to avoid the graphic to become to confusing (especially with stuff that has a lot of similar colors). Same reason why they use blue and red technic pins nowadays. But yeah, sometimes it is strange. I remember placing a lot of colored bricks in some huge sets, that are later completely coverd up.

The different colored bricks that get covered up are just for reference usually. I used to hate it, but now quite like the idea. It makes things easier to read.

Another thing could be that they are manufacturing X amount of certain colors of that brick used, so they use that instead of another color that needs to be manufactured more to help keep costs down.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

UCS X-wing is nice to look at, but the non UCS makes a simpler and still good looking display piece. And if you want to display it in a pair with the TIE fighter then the non UCS pair is massively smaller and still good.

Fowler

UCS X-wing is nice to look at, but the non UCS makes a simpler and still good looking display piece. And if you want to display it in a pair with the TIE fighter then the non UCS pair is massively smaller and still good.

Also, honestly, I really don't think it looks bad without the sticker. I didn't put the canopy sticker on and it looks fine...

3N16MA

Banned

I have always felt that 9493 and 9492 hold up well against their UCS counterparts.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So Slav 1 is a good Star Wars LE build? I normally avoid them because they're kinda bland in color and structure.

And Kwik-E Mart is a step up from the Simpsons House I take it?

I always thought they did it for refference in the instructions, to avoid the graphic to become to confusing (especially with stuff that has a lot of similar colors). Same reason why they use blue and red technic pins nowadays. But yeah, sometimes it is strange. I remember placing a lot of colored bricks in some huge sets, that are later completely coverd up.

Yeah I recall seeing vids like the various Star Wars models have them on the wings.

The different colored bricks that get covered up are just for reference usually. I used to hate it, but now quite like the idea. It makes things easier to read.

Another thing could be that they are manufacturing X amount of certain colors of that brick used, so they use that instead of another color that needs to be manufactured more to help keep costs down.

I considered about manufacturing costs, but didn't know they can be used for referencing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom