• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tendo

Kwik-E-Mart is missing a piece :O But ordering a replacement on lego was super quick and easy. Luckily it is in a location it will be easy to replace and keep building. Set looks amazing so far.

Thank you for posting that calendar, now I know to space my purchases out to get the free rewards :) And I am totally getting both of those christmas sets. Looks like a nice tradition to start!

kitzkozan

Ultra Agents is the best sub-set I have ever bought and built.

For comparison, the other subsets I own and have built in their entirety are: Monster Fighters, Galaxy Squad, and Alien Conquest

Don't get me wrong, it's close. I'm judging this based on minifigs, look/feel, and playability across all the sets. In theory, Monster Fighters should be my #1 based on theme alone, but I personally think a lot of the sets fell short in that line. Comparatively, Galaxy Squad did virtually everything right and I would probably have to rank it over Monster Hunters. Alien Conquest had some amazing sets intermixed in with some rather weak ones. It's really cool to the way each product line has built upon the "pros" of the previous one.

The Ultra Agent sets have tons of playability, moving, and transforming parts. Everything is built strong for play. The unified theme across all the "good guys" is consistent and really unique. That helicopter is hardcore. That, Stealth Patrol, and Inferno Interception are the "must haves" out of the good guy side. I think the plane, Ultrasonic Showdown, is the weakest set but it's still pretty good. (and has a fantastic villain minifig!).

I'll post the villains later in a similar manner.

I know it's personal opinion and all, but I still feel that it's slightly below Monster Fighters and Galaxy Squad as far as an original theme goes. :p

The biggest problem I have with the theme is that the villains sets tend to be weak, with some of these creation being ugly as sin imo. On one hand it's a positive that Lego got creative, but it resulted in weird ass looking vehicles (agent spyclops infiltration, drillex diamond job, tremor track infiltration, toxikita's toxic meltdown ). The latest wave being very difficult to find is unfortunate, but a knock against the theme since it's bothersome to complete the series. The Toys 'R' Us in Canada are seemingly oos forever, so you have to resort to third party sellers. XD

Does anybody here track their CMF collection on Brickset? I stopped a while back since it seemed so inconsistent. If I've got full series, what's the easiest way to do it?

teeny

Had a shitty day at work yesterday and ended up impulse buying the Ant Man set, though I have little interest in the super heroes sets (excluding Guardians Of The Galaxy). I really liked the build and the minifigures! The additional extra large Lego blocks were pretty cool too. The build did it's job in cheering me up.

I really hope the UK/Europe get those holiday exclusives. I don't have any of the winter / christmas / holiday stuff so was already angling for the Toy Shop and Santa's Workshop. The train and gingerbread house as freebies would be fantastic, especially if there are double VIP points coinciding with one of them! I like the little exclusives too. I should probably not be buying anything before Christmas but oh well - I'll be able to justify it as additional decoration :) Hopefully both of the bigger sets are still about mid October.

wetwired

Was nothing new really. I'm in Tokyo atm on holiday, I met up with the BTTF sent creator Masashi Togami, he invited me for dinner and we exchanged signatures on our sets. I took a picture but couldn't get it to work via Dropbox

Edit: got it working via imgur
oWjzYa7.jpg

ninge

Been having some fun with my mixels at work - I have GOX, JINKY and KAMZO from series 5:

aa0332cb-1832-4c7b-9c9b-34e3ef9d23d6

WP_20150922_12_29_32_Pro.jpg

WP_20150911_16_06_42_Pro.jpg

WP_20150908_14_21_46_Pro.jpg

WP_20150921_17_17_17_Pro.jpg

There are some really nice parts in these mixel sets, I've been really pleased with the amount of variety I can get from such a limited set of parts! Trying to make the mad-max style car was quite fun with no wheels ;) It will fit a mini-fig driver but they wouldn't let me upload any images to the mixels gallery with a figure in the car...

Back to the normal Bricklink binging for a new project. So much fun! :D

Now, do I pick up a t-rex and get it over with or do I keep hoping to see the set on sale?

About €40. The full set is €80 and there's really nothing in it I could use for something else. I'd love to have a rex around in my city, but... it's a bit crazy to spend that much on a single chunk of Lego.

Even if there isn't anything you would use the parts for right now, you never know about later. There are a few handy technic pieces in it if you like making display stands like I do at least.

But I agree, dropping that much for a hunk of LEGO is ridiculous. I would just get the set.

Been having some fun with my mixels at work - I have GOX, JINKY and KAMZO from series 5:

There are some really nice parts in these mixel sets, I've been really pleased with the amount of variety I can get from such a limited set of parts! Trying to make the mad-max style car was quite fun with no wheels ;) It will fit a mini-fig driver but they wouldn't let me upload any images to the mixels gallery with a figure in the car...
That car is amazing.

Osahi

So how good is that toy shop? I'm not a christmas person and don't do any decorations (my wife lays some colored lamps at the windows in the living room, but that's it), but I actually like the idea of using as a sort of christmas display piece and tearing it down afterwards (rebuilding it the year after). Especially after seeing Jangs review... I think I might get the missus enthousiastic for it too, especially if it is true that the next modular (which she loves) wouldn't release on january 1st...

It looks pretty good, I guess. When I still had the bakery built, I kind of wanted it, but there's no need now. Theoretically I could go pick up the market for €100 at the local shop, get the toy shop off S@H for €80 and get santa's workshop from TRU for €80 and be almost caught up with these, but I don't really see a use for seasonal decorations.

Fowler

Was nothing new really. I'm in Tokyo atm on holiday, I met up with the BTTF sent creator Masashi Togami, he invited me for dinner and we exchanged signatures on our sets. I took a picture but couldn't get it to work via Dropbox

Edit: got it working via imgur
oWjzYa7.jpg

This is pretty cool!

FYI, Barnes & Noble is having a promo right now for Members to save 20% on toys in store. I don't see anything that excludes Lego, and their normal 10% off for Members works for Lego, so I'm assuming it should work. I may try later today.

Very nice advertisement for buying Mixels.
They are indeed very good parts packs at a decent price. You have me sold on buying that tribe as the color and parts look very useful and the possibilities are endless. All those and you didn't even use eyes except for one where it really isn't used as eyes.

I'm a broken record on the small ball joints, but that is probably the MVP (most valuable part) of new elements that LEGO has introduced in the past several years.

Excludes Lego. They remain normal 10%

I stopped in today anyway to check for more clearance at 50% off. My stores have new clearance items every time I go. I got some chima and some castle, but I haven't found any Star Wars or friends. I did find a cool kotobukiya Arkham City batman statue and the 20% off stacked on the 50% off!

Phon, can you post a heads up when 75% off hits?

I stopped in today anyway to check for more clearance at 50% off. My stores have new clearance items every time I go. I got some chima and some castle, but I haven't found any Star Wars or friends. I did find a cool kotobukiya Arkham City batman statue and the 20% off stacked on the 50% off!

Phon, can you post a heads up when 75% off hits?
Oct 12

Ponn

Banned

These are awesome. Mixels have been one of the hidden gems from Lego that just ooze creative inspirations.

Made it in to my local LEGO shop today looking for the Halloween trick or treat set. Unfortunately they had none left.

Ended up picking up the Angry Kitty/Batman set and scored a free Bartman from the clerk as I was going to do a buy and trade but they had no stock of any minifigs so he attempted to sell me one but couldn't find a upc code. So he gave it to me for my patience.

Will have to hit it up again for double VIP in October. I wish it was in conjunction with the Gingerbread house and not the train.

Local shop had a really great deal: Benny's SSS, the police dropship, the Heartlake mall, the Chima phoenix temple or the LotR ship for roughly €50 each. I got the temple and the ship, no need for the others right now. I initially passed on the temple because of all the Technic stuff, but now I have some plans where they might come in handy.

Osahi

http://kotaku.com/glados-steals-the-show-in-lego-dimensions-portal-moment-1732987396

Kotaku seems to be pretty positive about Dimensions. About Glad0s anyway. Reviews should hit tomorrow. (Haven't read the entire article due to spoilers).

I'm still concerned about the release in Belgium though. Biggest gameshop chain has Q1 2016 as release (5 days before it should actually release), and biggest online retailer has no date at all, just a 'will be delivered when releases'-statement. Pretty weird... Is Lego holding some markets back due to expected shortages? Hope not...

Oh man, I hope that Wall-E stays in stock for a while. I'm going out of town for a little over a week and I don't want to order it and have it sitting at my front door for days until I get home.

Guess I'm lucky I just checked today and it was in stock. In other news, that Kotaku review is seriously having me consider Dimensions, instead of just getting and displaying the packs.

3N16MA

Banned
Made it in to my local LEGO shop today looking for the Halloween trick or treat set. Unfortunately they had none left.

Ended up picking up the Angry Kitty/Batman set and scored a free Bartman from the clerk as I was going to do a buy and trade but they had no stock of any minifigs so he attempted to sell me one but couldn't find a upc code. So he gave it to me for my patience.

Will have to hit it up again for double VIP in October. I wish it was in conjunction with the Gingerbread house and not the train.

Those small seasonal sets go really fast. Three more on the way before the year end, just make sure to get them early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom