• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Less than 24 hours until HALO 2!

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Project Midway said:
Damn, I just got back from a store and this was the response to my question about could they sell Halo 2 little bit early; "Please come back 10:00am thursday morning." :(

Stupid PAL release date. :\

The game is out now on Eastern Australia, but we have to wait 2 more hours in the west (not that i am going to buy it at midnight).

If you buy Halo at midnight you are one sick fuck.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Gamestop is literally less than 20 feet away from the KB Toys where I work, I'm sure we'll have some Halo 2 nerd spillover. A few people came in on Saturday and asked if we had it already. :/

At least I can get a look at the Halo tournament, maybe even take my noob ass over and try a few games.

Do The Mario said:
The game is out now on Eastern Australia, but we have to wait 2 more hours in the west (not that i am going to buy it at midnight).

If you buy Halo at midnight you are one sick fuck.
what? in Australia Halo 2 is released on 11.09? Just out of curiosity....how do you enter a date in Australia? is 9th of november entered 09.11 or 11.09? :p

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Project Midway said:
what? in Australia Halo 2 is released on 11.09? Just out of curiosity....how do you enter a date in Australia? is 9th of november entered 09.11 or 11.09? :p

It's 10:10pm in the west 8th of November
it's 12:10am in the east 9th of November

Yes i am posting from the future!

Why's that?

Because who the fuck hangs out at a video game shop at 12 o’clock. I will apologize now to many people on this broad.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Because who the fuck hangs out at a video game shop at 12 o’clock. I will apologize now to many people on this broad.

A whole lot of people...

In reality, though, I do not understand the big deal. It's a Monday night here. What the hell am I going to do on a Monday night? Are you some sort of "real man" who goes out and gets drunk every Monday? Monday is a very busy day for me, so I usually just come home and relax anyways.

Getting together with a bunch of friends for this event sounds pretty damn fun to me. I don't see a problem there. It's no different than a bunch of guys getting together for a football game or to go see a movie...

It isn't as if there is just going to be 10 random people hanging around by themselves at the mall till midnight or something. THAT would be a different story...

However, due to the two shops selling in the mall, there will likely be hundreds of people there. Tournaments will be going down and everything. Should be fun...

demi

Do The Mario said:

When you've had a game reserved for so damn long, you damn well better expect me to go pick it up as soon as possible.

Not that I've had it reserved for long, maybe about 4 days. BUT STILL -

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
the game stop i work at will be having a tournament while people wait in line for halo 2, winner gets a free copy.

Pug

well its Monday 2.30pm here in the UK and the games not released to Thursday the 11th of November. To confuse thing in Europe we write as 11/11/2004 the middle Eleven is the month! I don't knoe any shops opening at midnight, so that gives you US citizens 36 hrs practice on us. Which is lucky for you as your all rubbish on Live j/k.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
dark10x said:
A whole lot of people...

In reality, though, I do not understand the big deal. It's a Monday night here. What the hell am I going to do on a Monday night? Are you some sort of "real man" who goes out and gets drunk every Monday? Monday is a very busy day for me, so I usually just come home and relax anyways.

Getting together with a bunch of friends for this event sounds pretty damn fun to me. I don't see a problem there. It's no different than a bunch of guys getting together for a football game or to go see a movie...

It isn't as if there is just going to be 10 random people hanging around by themselves at the mall till midnight or something. THAT would be a different story...

However, due to the two shops selling in the mall, there will likely be hundreds of people there. Tournaments will be going down and everything. Should be fun...

Yes you are an exception but I don’t want to hang out with a bunch of freaks at 12 O’clock then go home and go to bed.

Plus I am writing a flied report so I won’t be able to pick up the game until tomorrow arvo!

puck1337

Well, my local EB has over 900 preorders and no other copies. The other game store at the same mall also sold out. I'm not buying the game today, but I think I'm going to go take some pictures since I'm on holidays right now.

Seth C

I have a pre-order at the EB in Fayette Mall (Lexington, KY) but unfortunately I work in Winchester. So, I'll head over to Wal-Mart on my lunch break (11:30pm) and hope they have a few copies of the Limited Edition. If not, I'll end up at EB in the mall whenever they decide to open up tomorrow morning, after I get off work at 7am.

Ramirez

To say I am fuckin stoked would be a huge understatement,but Im still not gettin my copy til tomorrow in the mail :( :p

I have tests tomorrow anyways,so getting it tonight would be a disaster.

Do The Mario said:
OMG it’s 12:31am if I was desperate enough I could go get Halo 2 now!
Oh come on. You are posting on a videogame discussion forum at 12:31am while you could be playing Halo 2. Now THATS lame.

;))

Lakitu

st5fu
I just got my call from Game YES! They're gonna have it for me Thursday morning :D (if I can wait that long :(), along with my Halo 2 t-shirt, plus getting an extra game and shit loads of snacks omg wtf it's going to be sexxx

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Project Midway said:
Oh come on. You are posting on a videogame discussion forum at 12:31am while you could be playing Halo 2. Now THATS lame.

;))

I am writing up some laboratory reports so I will not be going to bed for a few more hours, just taking a break to have some coffee.

1st Born

I am going to take my chances with Target to buy Halo 2 Collector's edition so I can get a free startergy guide with the game. Just like the promo deal nintendo online use to do in the N64 days.

Doth Togo

I like playing as the Covenant more than Master Chief because of the weaponry. The Cairo level is really, really spectacular.

dorio

Banned
Do The Mario said:
It's 10:10pm in the west 8th of November
it's 12:10am in the east 9th of November

Yes i am posting from the future!

Yeah, you're cool.

atomsk

Party Pooper
deadlifter said:
I can't wait to here stories of things going wrong at all of these "midnight madness" game stores.

mine will be the least amusing. since i doubt anyone will show up.

hooray for working at a TRU where we hardly sell any games... (and they only sent us 42 copies of Halo 2...)

well, at least it's an extra 2 hours on my paycheck

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
My EB didn't say anything about two lines, but a co-worker who's friends with an EB manager told me the same thing was going to happen around here. It's okay since I paid for my copy in full already. :)

I really shouldn't be bothering with the game tonight since I have a big test tomorrow, but I'm skipping my one night time class today and should be done studying well before 12am. :D

Hey Lyte, I called your store Swap USA and asked if they were gonna break the street date like they did with PGR2 last year. After laughing, the dude told me they weren't getting them in until Tuesday.

Future

Has there been any consensus on what difficulty to start with for people that thought normal difficulty for Halo 1 was too easy? Haven't been reading any reviews and don't want to look in the impressions thread.

Haven't decided if I'm doin a midnight run tonight. Actually lost some hype for this the last few days which is probably good.

PhatSaqs

Banned
atomsk said:
mine will be the least amusing. since i doubt anyone will show up.

hooray for working at a TRU where we hardly sell any games... (and they only sent us 42 copies of Halo 2...)

well, at least it's an extra 2 hours on my paycheck
TRU is doing this as well? All of em?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
What are you talking about, Xboxgamers? It's less than a day now for most of us. :D

siamesedreamer said:
Hey Lyte, I called your store Swap USA and asked if they were gonna break the street date like they did with PGR2 last year. After laughing, the dude told me they weren't getting them in until Tuesday.

Yeah, we were actually expecting to get the game in last Saturday, and would have started selling copies as soon as they were in stock, but our distributor got a call from Microsoft threatening to not do business with them anymore if they shipped early. The distibutor was going to ship early with a warning not to sell the game early, but my boss told me the guy knew we wouldn't care, so he didn't ship it until today. :lol

Stuff like this is generally why I buy most of games from EB or other stores even though I work for a video game store. I don't like to wait if I don't have to, plus the discounts we get on new games are almost nothing..we save like two dollars.

Sullichin

My purchase of this game depends on the answer to this question. Plz answer~

If i bring in an unopened, sealed game to Wal-Mart, with no reciept, will they accept it and give me store credit?

Top Bottom