• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KmA

All I've ever heard about Grindr is the stereotype: headless torsos with profile descriptions detailing sexual preferences.

Is it possible to be successful on Grindr with the intent of finding a relationship while not looking for a hookup (and not really open to it) and not showing skin? Or will that just be met with "Why are you on Grindr?"

I've definitely made friends on Grindr and Scruff. It's most certainly possible to find like minded people on there. A lot of the time you're inviting the company that you project. When I say something on my profile that is like social justicey-lite, I get messages that reflect that. When I post a sluttier picture of myself, I get hookups easier. That being said, you're gonna have to wade through a bunch of people trying to solicit things from you.

But also keep in mind that the VAST majority of men on here cannot keep a conversation going. They are all just so boring it's tragic. Especially the #masc gays, like I don't understand why their only interests include the gym and hiking... maybe I'm just bitter because I'm an indoor gay.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I've heard of couples starting on Grindr but neither of them were expecting to find that on Grindr nd they often say 'don't try it!'

You're going to get a lot of the latter, because the app and community is centered around hookups.

That's not to say you can't meet people and make friends on it, but it's definitely not where I'd start looking.

Apparently its possible.

But in my experience, no.

I've definitely made friends on Grindr and Scruff. It's most certainly possible to find like minded people on there. A lot of the time you're inviting the company that you project. When I say something on my profile that is like social justicey-lite, I get messages that reflect that. When I post a sluttier picture of myself, I get hookups easier. That being said, you're gonna have to wade through a bunch of people trying to solicit things from you.

But also keep in mind that the VAST majority of men on here cannot keep a conversation going. They are all just so boring it's tragic. Especially the #masc gays, like I don't understand why their only interests include the gym and hiking... maybe I'm just bitter because I'm an indoor gay.

Thanks for the insight. I had originally written off Grindr and then was reconsidering it after discussion in here. Based on what you all said, it seems I should pursue other avenues first.

tinder and okcupid yo

This is what I think I'll try in 6+ months when I can put myself out there. Currently going through a post-relationship lonely phase and doing a lot of thinking about it now, but I'll survive until then.

theecakee

Does anyone else kind of want something in the middle between hooking up and dating?

Like, I don't want to just hookup NSA with a dude I would never hang out with besides sex. I kind of like to get to know a guy for a few days through talking, and then hang out and hook up. If it leads to a relationship, I'm all for that.

Then at the same time, I'm not really trying to establish anything long term with dating. I'm still in college and don't intend to stay in this area long term. I don't want to establish something that would be long term, but then has to be ended early because I want to go my own way and they can't uplift their life as well.

Makes me feel kind of guilty lol.

Kevyt

Believe me I am aware. I've avoided getting more information on this game for a while since every thread on it seems to devolve into censorship debates. I read a few reviews and watched a few videos though and have decided to preorder. I've been yearning to play a traditioinal turn based RPG since I've been mainly marathoning the Souls series for the past month or so.

Oh no, is there something new in this fucked up saga or is it just the same old crap being rehashed.

Titus is everything I am and everything I aspire to be.

It was neat to find out he graduated from the same college as me.

Yeah, I love Titus too. He's amazing, and a great actor.

giphy.gif

Witcher 3 feels like a poorly cultured, derivative, anatomy humor, pulp fantasy from a sub-AAA developer. All that considered it's still good, but there's not much interesting about it visually.

You just lost a fan...

Does anyone else kind of want something in the middle between hooking up and dating?

Like, I don't want to just hookup NSA with a dude I would never hang out with besides sex. I kind of like to get to know a guy for a few days through talking, and then hang out and hook up. If it leads to a relationship, I'm all for that.

Then at the same time, I'm not really trying to establish anything long term with dating. I'm still in college and don't intend to stay in this area long term. I don't want to establish something that would be long term, but then has to be ended early because I want to go my own way and they can't uplift their life as well.

Makes me feel kind of guilty lol.

Friends with benefits?

JCX

tinder and okcupid yo

Maybe in a city, but OKC was awful for me. Tinder is alright, but i regularly run out of people to swipe.

All I've ever heard about Grindr is the stereotype: headless torsos with profile descriptions detailing sexual preferences.

Is it possible to be successful on Grindr with the intent of finding a relationship while not looking for a hookup (and not really open to it) and not showing skin? Or will that just be met with "Why are you on Grindr?"

The main advantage of gay apps for me is the larger pool of potential guys. While tinder/okc have gay users, a lot more people are on grindr, scruff, etc. Since dating is a numbers game, I go where the people are.

Zero²

Oh really? How long did the recovery process take you?
I guess a full month? The worst part is using the vest, specially since you always get afraid you will do something wrong and mess your body up. But after the first week you will be mostly used to it, and then it's just wait a bit more to enjoy your new body ~ I should say that it wont fix everything, like I already had big aureoles and the surgery didnt fix that, only made the gland beneath it way smaller.
I can without a doubt say that it did miracles for my self-esteem, so enjoy it man!

God another top of the page?!
yes I use 50 ppp
Another cute couple because who dont love cute couples?!
fa4fe670e18f5e40196dae7ebf925de6.jpg

and a fcking hot gif of nip sucking for our friend Brawly!
492021.gif

Astral Dog

today we discussed with a coworker about how we must defend the family and stop gay people from adopting kids and getting married instead of accepting all, she knew of one girl that was bullied a lot growing up because she had two moms and after graduating she left them saying she didn ' t want anything to do with them anymore , they were only filling a psychological need for them and she wanted to find her real parents, sad stuff :/

maybe in a few years things will be less harsh for all.

Delio

Man three people that matched with me before i even matched them on Tinder unmatched me the moment I started talking to them. Why even swipe on me then ;_;

Zero²;208139034 said:
I guess a full month? The worst part is using the vest, specially since you always get afraid you will do something wrong and mess your body up. But after the first week you will be mostly used to it, and then it's just wait a bit more to enjoy your new body ~ I should say that it wont fix everything, like I already had big aureoles and the surgery didnt fix that, only made the gland beneath it way smaller.
I can without a doubt say that it did miracles for my self-esteem, so enjoy it man!

God another top of the page?!
yes I use 50 ppp
Another cute couple because who dont love cute couples?!
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/fa/4f/e6/fa4fe670e18f5e40196dae7ebf925de6.jpg
and a fcking hot gif of nip sucking for our friend Brawly!
https://d.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1380222758ra/492021.gif

My surgeon gave me the option to cut off my nipples and realign them so he could make me flatter. This will apparently cause a big reduction in sensitivity but it's worth it to finally have a flat chest.

Jason Statham is the ultimate daddy, this is law.

My mother loves him. She gets ecstatic whenever the Transporter movies are on TV.

daripad

Man three people that matched with me before i even matched them on Tinder unmatched me the moment I started talking to them. Why even swipe on me then ;_;

Tinder is full of assholes.

There is this guy who isn't good looking but his contact info sounded interesting (he likes pokemon!). Well, every message I sent he answers with the least possible amount of words he can. Very rude IMO.

And then there are the guys who never answer or who never message anything

So I kinda have a date tomorrow with this guy I've been talking to from Tinder. Although we're not going to label it a date, just trying to keep things natural and easy going. But we've been talking and texting constantly and have a ton in common.

He also is an ATRL member, haha. Our music conversations have been amazing.

So I kinda have a date tomorrow with this guy I've been talking to from Tinder. Although we're not going to label it a date, just trying to keep things natural and easy going. But we've been talking and texting constantly and have a ton in common.

He also is an ATRL member, haha. Our music conversations have been amazing.

Slay a bit, sis

I came out to my mom about three years ago, but she seems to be in some sort of denial. It's strange, when I came out to her she was really happy to be my confidant, and proud that I had the courage to come out. She's always been very supportive of the LGBT+ community, and even vocally protested the idea of the rainbow flag being banned in my hometown. She's supportive of my friends that are a part of the community, as well as family members, close and distant. She seems to be really supportive of me too whenever talk about myself in that way.

However, whenever she talks about relationships with me, whether in groups or in private, she doesn't seem to acknowledge me being gay... at all. Today she was talking to me about the possibility of me meeting a girl when I set off for college in September, and I told her that she didn't have to worry about that. She insisted that I never know, to which I responded that I had no interest in girls. Needless to say, the rest of the conversation was focused on potential girlfriends and future wives. This is a constant occurrence. I've told her a few times about me being gay, but I don't want to have to continuously come out to her every time we talk.

I'm not sure how to go about this. Being gay is a part of who I am, and I want my mother to actually acknowledge that part of me. That being said, I don't foresee any relationships in my near future, or really at all - so is there any point in me trying to get my mom to start acknowledging my sexuality, or should I just let her blissfully continue to believe that I'm straight. I want her to be accepting of every aspect of who I really am, but at the same time, it doesn't really matter when I'm always single. Does that make sense? Has anyone else been in this position before?

For reference, I am completely out of the closet. Everyone close to me knows.

Veeboy

I'm not sure how to go about this. Being gay is a part of who I am, and I want my mother to actually acknowledge that part of me. That being said, I don't foresee any relationships in my near future, or really at all - so is there any point in me trying to get my mom to start acknowledging my sexuality, or should I just let her blissfully continue to believe that I'm straight. I want her to be accepting of every aspect of who I really am, but at the same time, it doesn't really matter when I'm always single. Does that make sense? Has anyone else been in this position before?

Just because you're single doesn't mean you're not gay so I think its important that anybody who respects you should respect that part of your identity whether you're in a relationship or not. If you feel up to it this is something you should talk to her about. I've been somewhat in a similar position with my mom (although we don't talk much in general so its not super big for me.) but you just have to make it known that this is something that is important to you.

Zero²

My surgeon gave me the option to cut off my nipples and realign them so he could make me flatter. This will apparently cause a big reduction in sensitivity but it's worth it to finally have a flat chest.
Yeah, but I opted it out because it would make a scar on my nip, with the surgeon thought it was not worth it. Looking back now I agree!
Besides, to me, what I hated the most on my chest besides being big was how sensitive it was, like it would get me in pain if a soccer ball hit my nips. And that was one of the things that the surgery left me most surprised. Like I lost that pain, but I didnt lose all sensibility, I'm just normal. It's great for sex!
and his voice is awful

real answer is Chris Meloni.
Call me cliche, but I love me some George Clooney...

If someone looked at me like this...
Christopher-Meloni-christopher-meloni-15669654-500-375.jpg

But I haven't watched Oz so for all I know that's his murder face.

He's also funny. He's everything tbh.

Zero²;208173913 said:
Call me cliche, but I love me some George Clooney...

Clooney's aight.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
If someone looked at me like this...
Christopher-Meloni-christopher-meloni-15669654-500-375.jpg

But I haven't watched Oz so for all I know that's his murder face.

He's also funny. He's everything tbh.

Clooney's aight.
fml

Oz was way too creepily hot sometimes. It didn't help that Beecher was uber cute, too. :3

I should watch it again. Wonder if there's an HD version.

is bound on netflix tho.
I checked US prices and it's a $2.99 rental on Google Play, Amazon and the Microsoft Store. Just Watch lists it as streaming in the US with ads here: http://tubitv.com/video/268512 (it is showing up as no longer available but that might be because of my region)

I notice that someone uploaded it to YouTube years ago and it's still up with a million views, seems weird it's not been taken down. Like they're selling it on YouTube but it's also free there.

I used to always confuse Christopher Meloni with the guy who played Casey Jones in the first TMNT movie.
I checked who this is as I haven't seen that movie. Elias Koteas. I remember him from Crash (1996), another queer movie I like. Also Gattaca.

T.O.P

Banned
fml

Oz was way too creepily hot sometimes. It didn't help that Beecher was uber cute, too. :3

I should watch it again. Wonder if there's an HD version.

I used to stay up till like 3am to catch this show, there was nothing like it at the time (especially on italian tv)

Beecher and Keller kissing was the hottest gay thing for me at the time

Was surprised to realize that Beecher was in AHS as well, didn't recognize him at first
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom