• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambitious

Searching for a psychotherapist at the moment. Things have to change. I'm ruining my life.

Found something called the Psychological Counseling Center. They offer several free services specifically for students, including psychotherapy. Gonna go there tomorrow.

I also learned that there's actually a LGBT meetup in my university from time to time. Well, it's kind of new: So far there have been only two. The next one is on Wednesday. I should go there, but I'm scared that my social anxiety will lead to yet another disaster.

Kater

Banned
So this 10 years class meeting yesterday evening was actually worth visiting, I really enjoyed my time there. It was good seeing everyone and talking about the good but especially about the bad times. Also, sheesh at the homophobic slurs I used in the last class magazine we released before school ended. I was 15 and I'm still ashamed and sad about how I talked back then. :/

ClywkyYWEAAedhi.jpg

Kinsei

Banned
I'm really sad I wasn't able to attend, but then again, I've no one to go with and I've never been to a pride parade.

It's a parade, you don't need to go with anyone. Next year find a spot on the side of the street and watch it. They're a lot of fun.

a bunch of my friends in london went for the superhero body paint for their pride march, wish i could have been there

grdPQeX.jpg

Man, that looks awesome. I missed Pride this year, but all these pics and talks about it here is kinda hyping me to go next year.

Also, gonna shamelessly hijack the thread here for 2 spammy things:

1) Finished a new Watercolor piece. "Mr. Cuttlefish Learns Rejection."

tumblr_o9e8i0wBz51td58sxo1_1280.jpg

Progress Pics.

2) Should I pull the trigger on this DK shirt?

k4YnRgQ.png

The pattern looks a bit too close to a hawaiian shirt, but...I still kinda want it. This Vans/Nintendo collabo needs to sell out and never come back. o_O

EDIT - Oh shit, top of a new page.

FxG51c2.jpg

9eS58HL.jpg

Kevyt

Man, that looks awesome. I missed Pride this year, but all these pics and talks about it here is kinda hyping me to go next year.

Progress Pics.

k4YnRgQ.png

The pattern looks a bit too close to a hawaiian shirt, but...I still kinda want it. This Vans/Nintendo collabo needs to sell out and never come back. o_O

FxG51c2.jpg

9eS58HL.jpg

I love your new painting and love your style.

You look amazing! <3

Hah thanks guys.

I think I'm just gonna delay the shirt till the next paycheck. I'll let whether it's still available or sold out be the deciding factor. :S

Unrelated to that, I have this weird feeling that the NX reveal should be relatively close now that E3 is outta the way. I'm stupidly hyped over nothing concrete.
Starved Nintendo fan here and the struggle is getting real.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Unrelated to that, I have this weird feeling that the NX reveal should be relatively close now that E3 is outta the way. I'm stupidly hyped over nothing concrete.
Starved Nintendo fan here and the struggle is getting real.

Nintendo has a lot to prove tbh. After Wii U they should avoid another flop.

Crayons

Banned
I think you should get the shirt ZombiePlatypus. I have the socks to match your shirt! But I don't have any sneakers to go with the socks, so I can't wear them

I know, there's a lot on the line. I'm hoping they learned from their mistakes. And really eager to see wtf the twist with the NX is. If it has one at all.

Doubtful.

To be honest, the entire Japanese section of the industry seems to be having a hard time imo. I seem to recall a report some years back about how consoles have a hard time succeeding over there and handhelds dominate. Western companies also have problems making inroads over there.

I mean how many japanese companies have been downsizing as of late? Konami is almost nonexistent. Capcom isn't doing so well either. The Japanese dominance on the gaming industry has really shrunk since the rise of AAA gaming. If "The Big N" doesn't succeed this new gen, I kind of see them going the same route as Sega.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Doubtful.

To be honest, the entire Japanese section of the industry seems to be having a hard time imo. I seem to recall a report some years back about how consoles have a hard time succeeding over there and handhelds dominate. Western companies also have problems making inroads over there.

I mean how many japanese companies have been downsizing as of late? Konami is almost nonexistent. Capcom isn't doing so well either. The Japanese dominance on the gaming industry has really shrunk since the rise of AAA gaming. If "The Big N" doesn't succeed this new gen, I kind of see them going the same route as Sega.

If you're talking about software developers, sure. Japanese development studios really have had a big shift away from console development and more towards mobile (or in Konami's and others' cases, gambling), as well as not too many global success stories. (Though, to be fair, Yo-kai Watch and Monster Hunter continue to be big in Japan and might grow globally.) But if we're talking about the industry as a whole, including console hardware like NX, don't forget that Sony is a Japanese company. I also think that there might be a resurgence of Japanese console/PC game development at some point (I remember some company talked about that being a focus in the future). Western developers/publishers have also had trouble in recent years, with the market for mid-size companies and mid-tier games having all but disappeared (which I think is when the Japanese market shrank). It seems to be all about small-studio indies, AAA, and the occasional manufacturer- or Kickstarter-funded mid-size game now.

Personal thoughts on NX: I'm expecting August-October for a reveal, but in a dream world, it'd be revealed in July at some point before the Sonic event (since it seems guaranteed that Sonic game will be on NX). As for the gimmick, no idea. I don't even have a good idea of the form factor.

If you're talking about software developers, sure. Japanese development studios really have had a big shift away from console development and more towards mobile (or in Konami's and others' cases, gambling), as well as not too many global success stories. (Though, to be fair, Yo-kai Watch and Monster Hunter continue to be big in Japan and might grow globally.) But if we're talking about the industry as a whole, including console hardware like NX, don't forget that Sony is a Japanese company. I also think that there might be a resurgence of Japanese console/PC game development at some point (I remember some company talked about that being a focus in the future). Western developers/publishers have also had trouble in recent years, with the market for mid-size companies and mid-tier games having all but disappeared (which I think is when the Japanese market shrank). It seems to be all about small-studio indies, AAA, and the occasional manufacturer- or Kickstarter-funded mid-size game now.

Personal thoughts on NX: I'm expecting August-October for a reveal, but in a dream world, it'd be revealed in July at some point before the Sonic event (since it seems guaranteed that Sonic game will be on NX). As for the gimmick, no idea. I don't even have a good idea of the form factor.

True but right now it feels like Sony is the lone exception to the rule.

I also don't want to make it seem like I'm ragging on the Japanese. I have plenty of issues with the western side too. Honestly, I have pretty much issues with the industry as a whole. It's why I don't do a lot of modern gaming outside of the occasional Skyrim or what have you.

Here's how I see it. On the one side you have the Western part of the industry. Much more open to new IP's. Problem is those new IP's often feel like carbon copies of one another. Biggest example: FPS's. How many of those feel exactly the same in tone, story, and execution. I mean how different was the recent Doom compared to its contemporaries outside of its name recognition? While it's great to get new IP's, what's the point if they all feel exactly the same?

Than on the other side you have the Eastern part of the industry. Much more reluctant to even try new IP's. With them it's mainly sequel after sequel after sequel often with minor gimmicks added to make it feel somewhat different (and often bogged down with mini-quests). How many Mario games have we had? How many Zelda? Not to say this doesn't also happen on the western side but there is at least a willingness to try new things even if as stated above they feel all the same.

That's my take on it at any rate. Could be off base here but it's how I have felt for quite a while now.

I just learned that today is the same day the marriage equality decision was passed, time flies by fast. Can't believe that only a year has passed since we were given the right to marry whoever we wished in the US, sure is nice.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
we have marriage equality in the US??

Yes. Supreme Court decision on June 26, 2015? Obergefell v. Hodges? Does this sound familiar?

The political debate isn't over, of course. I think some politicians on the conservative side have been talking about finding a way to reverse the decision. My hope is that we get anyone-but-Trump as President who gets us to at least 2020, and hopefully by that point, no one will care about same-sex marriage anymore.

I just learned that today is the same day the marriage equality act was passed, time flies by fast. Can't believe that only a year has passed since we were given the right to marry whoever we wished in the US, sure is nice.
It sure is taking a while to start on the dog-marrying phase. It's been 7 dog years!

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Dude on Grindr posts picture of his shirtless upper body (no face). In description it says "In a relationship... trying to be faithful. Not looking for hookups."

ScKX0lW.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Dude on Grindr posts picture of his shirtless upper body (no face). In description it says "In a relationship... trying to be faithful. Not looking for hookups."

ScKX0lW.gif

Lolz. "As long as you tried your best, honey, I can't be mad."

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yes. Supreme Court decision on June 26, 2015? Obergefell v. Hodges? Does this sound familiar?

The political debate isn't over, of course. I think some politicians on the conservative side have been talking about finding a way to reverse the decision. My hope is that we get anyone-but-Trump as President who gets us to at least 2020, and hopefully by that point, no one will care about same-sex marriage anymore.

what have you done obaham

Kevyt

I just learned that today is the same day the marriage equality decision was passed, time flies by fast. Can't believe that only a year has passed since we were given the right to marry whoever we wished in the US, sure is nice.

Hello stranger! Welcome!

Feel free to fill out the IBQ if you desire.

^_^

Hello stranger! Welcome!

Feel free to fill out the IBQ if you desire.

^_^

Golly gee, alright, I identify as a white, christian, completely heterosexual, completely cisgendered male, and I am heteroromantic.

/s You know who I am, Seath, you troll. : P
I'm pansexual and homoromantic

Kater

Banned
a bunch of my friends in london went for the superhero body paint for their pride march, wish i could have been there

grdPQeX.jpg
Gambit is not there which surprises me, lots of nerds have the hots for him. :p Great work on the cosplay, I love it!

Wish I could have been at Pride myself but it was either far away or fell on the same day as my 10 year class reunion. :/

Progress Pics.

k4YnRgQ.png

FxG51c2.jpg

9eS58HL.jpg
Not really a fan of the shirt but you look dashing in a lot of different clothing from what we saw of you so far.

Cool drawing, glad to see that you are still doing that. I also saw your weirder pieces in other threads. Very amusing. :D

Gambit is not there which surprises me, lots of nerds have the hots for him. :p Great work on the cosplay, I love it!

Wish I could have been at Pride myself but it was either far away or fell on the same day as my 10 year class reunion. :/

Not really a fan of the shirt but you look dashing in a lot of different clothing from what we saw of you so far.

Cool drawing, glad to see that you are still doing that. I also saw your weirder pieces in other threads. Very amusing. :D

Thanks (If I can sound pretentious), my weirder, fucked up pieces are my favorite babies. :p

Ambitious

Gay dating apps were a mistake, they're nothing but trash.

Seriously. After wading through hundreds of profiles of people who were dumb as shit and/or absolutely desperate (seriously, you have no idea), I finally found a few decent ones. Sent a few short messages, all of which got ignored.

Then finally: A profile with a decent amount of text, flawless grammar, and some very well-articulated thoughts. Nice face, too. Sent him my take on his thoughts. My message was longer than usual, but no novel or anything. Just about the same length as his profile text.

His response: "do you expect me to read all of this"

Jesus fucking Christ.

Seriously. After wading through hundreds of profiles of people who were dumb as shit and/or absolutely desperate (seriously, you have no idea), I finally found a few decent ones. Sent a few short messages, all of which got ignored.

Then finally: A profile with a decent amount of text, flawless grammar, and some very well-articulated thoughts. Nice face, too. Sent him my take on his thoughts. My message was longer than usual, but no novel or anything. Just about the same length as his profile text.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Jerks come in all shapes I guess. If anything, they're showing up-front it's something you shouldn't invest in. I know it sounds super hallmark to say, but decent guys are out there, so don't let it get to you.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Could you summarize this post?

Kater

Banned
We live in a tldr; society, Ambitious. Don't expect people to read and reply to anything that's longer than two sentences, especially if it's the first time that you write someone.

Rayis

Jesus fucking Christ.
This would have made me rage so much that I would have just read his ass to filth, what a shithead, dudes on gay apps are far from decent, looking for a decent lad in those places is in an exercise in futility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom