• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody point me to the LGBTQIA+ thread? :p

=====

I'm honestly excited for the NS. Never really cared for the Wii U... Anyway, I'm waiting on SSB Switch now! >:0

i'm trying to see the revolutionary thing about switch. right now it's like a wii u but this time nintendo sat down and thought this one through.

Hey guys.

I'm officially a Registered Nurse in the state of Washington. 5 hour exam and 265 questions of pure torture haha

congrats!

Astral Dog

Somethings wrong i cant access the site from PC only mobile :(
I thought it might been the Switch or i got banned for yesterday but seems like something else

Edit: awesome Dany, a friend was studying nursery and i checked her book once o_O lots and lots of medical terms i could not comprehend.

Huh wow. Just stumbled on a japanese manga about a high schooler coming to terms with his homosexuality. It is actually really good. Also deals with some issues trans people face.

Shimanami Tasogare

Through the course of browsing the interweb today I found a pic of Joe Jonas so I'll just leave this here.

1yJe7vm.png

Palmer27

Switch as in switch positions or switch between top and bottom.

I keep thinking that too!

Love the design of thing, nintendo-y but actually very practical!

Zelda looked exactly as great as it does on the wii u. The mario looked sterile and 3d world-y, not for me. Also Skyrim is not a reason to be excited for a console.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I like the look of the Nintendo Switch - the dock is neat (the giant logo on the side looks tacky though) and the controller has a sort of hideous-yet-cool vibe going for it.

I'm just not sure that a slightly different, slightly more powerful, slightly more capable Wii U is going to set the world on fire. Like, the main selling point to the mainstream is "portable console games!" but no one is going to carry around a 10 inch (according to estimates from Ars Technica) dedicated gaming tablet, especially when everyone already has a smartphone which already plays games. Games that are "good enough" for most people.

As purely a home console I don't find it particularly exciting and I fail to see how it's going to be any different from the Wii U. In fact, it seems like a downgrade from the Wii U in terms of functionality since the Wii U gamepad at least had a touchscreen that added something extra to the experience - the Switch doesn't have that. It's oddly conventional in that regard.

I feel like the - real - appeal lies in the fact that Nintendo's console and handheld teams will be developing for the same system (I think?), but obviously no one but the hardcore actually cares about that.

I think it's going to be a repeat of the Gamecube and Wii U - a good system with good games, but basically non existent in the minds of the mainstream.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I like the look of the Nintendo Switch - the dock is neat (the giant logo on the side looks tacky though) and the controller has a sort of hideous-yet-cool vibe going for it.

I'm just not sure that a slightly different, slightly more powerful, slightly more capable Wii U is going to set the world on fire. Like, the main selling point to the mainstream is "portable console games!" but no one is going to carry around a 10 inch (according to estimates from Ars Technica) dedicated gaming tablet, especially when everyone already has a smartphone which already plays games. Games that are "good enough" for most people.

As purely a home console I don't find it particularly exciting and I fail to see how it's going to be any different from the Wii U. In fact, it seems like a downgrade from the Wii U in terms of functionality since the Wii U gamepad at least had a touchscreen that added something extra to the experience - the Switch doesn't have that. It's oddly conventional in that regard.

I feel like the - real - appeal lies in the fact that Nintendo's console and handheld teams will be developing for the same system (I think?), but obviously no one but the hardcore actually cares about that.

I think it's going to be a repeat of the Gamecube and Wii U - a good system with good games, but basically non existent in the minds of the mainstream.

I think it's too early to say. I definitely don't think it will light the world on fire like Wii did, but I think it has a good chance to be substantially more successful than Wii U. It depends on how much Nintendo is going to screw it up with the marketing, lineup, and price.

Hey guys.

I'm officially a Registered Nurse in the state of Washington. 5 hour exam and 265 questions of pure torture haha

Congrats!

Was it confirmed that it doesn't have a touch screen? I think I saw handwriting on the Switch in the trailer.

The main hook for me is that all the teams at Nintendo are going to develop for one console now. The convenience of being able to bring it anywhere is just icing on the cake.

I have a feeling this is gonna do better than the Wii U, people seem to be a lot more positive now than when the Wii U was revealed.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I passed out in one just this morning! Something something fear of needles...

you were in the hospital this morning? what happened

Was it confirmed that it doesn't have a touch screen? I think I saw handwriting on the Switch in the trailer.

I mean, it probably does when it's in portable mode, but when you're playing on the big screen, there isn't a screen to touch because it'll be sitting in the dock.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
you were in the hospital this morning? what happened

Bf was getting something done and I was sitting there waiting. The nurse had to try multiple times to find his vein, which reeeally made me uncomfortable, so I tried to excuse myself to the waiting room. Instantly lightheaded and cold sweats, and the next thing I remember is waking up on the floor with three nurses over me!

I always feel that way with a shot or getting blood drawn, but I haven't fainted in a long time.

DOWN

Banned
I'm trading my PS4 in to Amazon and I don't know what games to get this season

I will definitely get FFXV and The Last Guardian

But also Battlefield 1 and Skyrim I think?

JCX

Okay, Fire Emblem Awakening is alright. I can't really motivate myself to finish Fates however, not really my thing for some reason. Splatoon was fun for a few weeks, as I said in another thread on Gaming side. The others you named I either got bored of quickly like MK8 (racing games are not my thing) or never even bought like Smash, XBC, the Marios (except NSMB2 which I bought when I got my 3DSXL) and #FE because I am not made of money and they didn't really look that appealing to shell out 60 Euros for them.

I think after all this time with my Nintendo handheld and console I can only name Animal Crossing New Leaf and Fire Emblem Awakening as really outstanding games available only on their current generation hardware.

I forgot that you play games for the story, so it makes sense that Nintendo, a gameplay-first video game company, wouldn't appeal to you.

T.O.P

Banned
Welp, dude is coming to my place in 10 minutes

I'm dying inside

Jesus fuckin Christ it's been more than a month and I still get soooo fuckin nervous

Tbf, first time that I let someone come over to my house, I even took the afternoon off because cleaning for 5 hours this morning felt like it wasn't enough lol

Bf was getting something done and I was sitting there waiting. The nurse had to try multiple times to find his vein, which reeeally made me uncomfortable, so I tried to excuse myself to the waiting room. Instantly lightheaded and cold sweats, and the next thing I remember is waking up on the floor with three nurses over me!

I always feel that way with a shot or getting blood drawn, but I haven't fainted in a long time.

That happens to me too.

I actually get lightheaded just listening to disease descriptions. Gotta turn off the TV or not pay too much attention during those diabetic neuropathy tv commercials.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Aww, you're one of those guys who accompanies his partner to the doctor's exam room? squee~

hope you're okay though! did you fall from the chair to the floor or were you standing? :x

I'm trading my PS4 in to Amazon and I don't know what games to get this season

I will definitely get FFXV and The Last Guardian

But also Battlefield 1 and Skyrim I think?
To get a PS4 pro? I plan on trading my ps4 in too and am starting to back it up. 7 hours to go!

A shop will sell the PS4 Pro for $350 AUD instead of $560 if you trade in your PS4 and 1 game. I turned my Mega Drive (Genesis) into a PS3 with these sorts of deals, each generation along the way. I don't know if it will be worth dealing with selling it on ebay (packaging etc) instead.

Rambaldi

Anyone have any resources or actually actionable weight loss tips? I'm so disgusted with my gross ass body, have zero willpower, hate exercise, and desperately want to lose 25-30 pounds. I also have some sort of (self diagnosed) body dysmorphic disorder. But hey, at least I'm honest.

I just hate how I look and I hate feeling like I am the ugliest, most disgusting person in the room.

And I swear this isn't some sort of "please compliment me and shower me with sympathy" kind of post. I don't want any of that. I wish I could see a shrink but I have very little "disposable" income and I really don't believe in therapy. :/ I just want to look and feel better.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Anyone have any resources or actually actionable weight loss tips? I'm so disgusted with my gross ass body, have zero willpower, hate exercise, and desperately want to lose 25-30 pounds. I also have some sort of (self diagnosed) body dysmorphic disorder. But hey, at least I'm honest.

I just hate how I look and I hate feeling like I am the ugliest, most disgusting person in the room.

And I swear this isn't some sort of "please compliment me and shower me with sympathy" kind of post. I don't want any of that. I wish I could see a shrink but I have very little "disposable" income and I really don't believe in therapy. :/ I just want to look and feel better.
Walk, measure your food intake and calorie count, go to a gym if you can and if you cant youtube workout routines you can do at home. Don't weight yourself every week cause that adds more stress so try by the end of the month or so.

Edit: dont put yourself on a silly diet that will end up being dropped by how tedious it gets. See what is fattening foods and lower the intake to a less damaging amount and eat more greens and fibers for healthy poops.

Astral Dog

Three episodes of Black Mirror goodness for Halloween :O

baby you are not the ugliest person in any room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom