• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

berzeli

Banned
Sorry I should've linked the source. I didn't even look at the permalink. Read it from my feed.
I didn't care that much about the attribution bit, more about the fifty shades of unreadable:
TFFDTCi.png

geocities at its worst got nothing on some tumblrs.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
lmao thank you. I finished and then immediately got a boner again and he was like "dude you have no chill"

Lol I know is not the same thing but
I've had days where I jerk off 3-5 times in a row.

Sometimes the thirst is real dude.

IvorB

I must have been confusing edibles kicking in fast with something else. Perhaps a gravity bong, idk its been a while since I've been high lol.

It depends how it's prepared I guess but if you're eating a brownie or something it has to digest before anything kicks in and the human body doesn't digest food that quickly so we're talking hours. The thing is it kicks in a little bit and you think you want to eat some more but the real payload is still around the corner and it just piles up. I used to do is ages ago with my mates and once you've crossed over and eaten too much and it can be pretty horrible. Anyway I feel like I'm probably killing the guy's buzz with my tales. I'm sure it will be fun but just be wary of eating a lot until you know for sure what you're dealing with.

Vazra

It depends how it's prepared I guess but if you're eating a brownie or something it has to digest before anything kicks in and the human body doesn't digest food that quickly so we're talking hours. The thing is it kicks in a little bit and you think you want to eat some more but the real payload is still around the corner and it just piles up. I used to do is ages ago with my mates and once you've crossed over and eaten too much and it can be pretty horrible. Anyway I feel like I'm probably killing the guy's buzz with my tales. I'm sure it will be fun but just be wary of eating a lot until you know for sure what you're dealing with.

I think its good to see different angles so its fine.

Damn it, I had a chance to come out to my mom but i didnt take it. Welp i just got to wait for another time, cant really do anything about it now.

I had some time alone with her and i could have told her but i didnt because i always back out of things. Im not the most confident person, so its not that easy for me.
i know what you mean. ive never really considered coming out to my family. im planning to hold out until i get a boyfriend. i feel i'll have an easier time telling everyone if the alternative is having to hide someone.

Vazra

I had some time alone with her and i could have told her but i didnt because i always back out of things. Im not the most confident person, so its not that easy for me.

Well its never easy to come out but when you feel ready go for it. Meanwhile while you wait to come out you can talk about your stuff here or PM your friends in here if you want to talk things more privately. When you come out it will be alright even if there might be a bit of tensions at the start but you'll have a weight off your shoulders.

B-Dex

My friend and I made an entire weed cake once. We were gone. I couldn't stop laughing at every single thing it began to hurt. So I ate more cake. Don't remember what happened after that. We woke up in the font room on the floor. Fell off the couches apparently.

OMG I AM ON THE MOON.

Had whole. First half 5:30, second at like 6:00.

Felt happy at 6:40ish.

Hit good at 7:30?

ON WARP zone level (mario haha time goes slow when you move only superhot). 8:30.

gnight thread.

i know what you mean. ive never really considered coming out to my family. im planning to hold out until i get a boyfriend. i feel i'll have an easier time telling everyone if the alternative is having to hide someone.
Yeah i rather just come out to my family now because they if i date a guy i wouldnt have to do it then. I will probably just slowly come out to each one of them, I dont know about my younger sister though, that might be harder and i will probably just wait till she is older.

Well its never easy to come out but when you feel ready go for it. Meanwhile while you wait to come out you can talk about your stuff here or PM your friends in here if you want to talk things more privately. When you come out it will be alright even if there might be a bit of tensions at the start but you'll have a weight off your shoulders.
Yeah thanks, yeah i have a few places i can talk about this which is super nice.

I have already came out 2 two of my close friends so i already how it feels to have the weight taken off when you finally just say it. Like my heart was racing the whole time but i just couldn't work up the courage.

Vazra

OMG I AM ON THE MOON.

ON WARP zone level (mario haha time goes slow when you move only superhot). 8:30.

gnight thread.

Hope you are have a good night dude.

My friend and I made an entire weed cake once. We were gone. I couldn't stop laughing at every single thing it began to hurt. So I ate more cake. Don't remember what happened after that. We woke up in the font room on the floor. Fell off the couches apparently.

Were your pants still on afterwards? Was there secret sexy time?

OMG I AM ON THE MOON.

gnight thread.
Lol i was confused it took me a few times to understand what was going on, i forgot he ate an edible.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Why did they give Kirby a mech though. :( Kirby is awesome just by itself. Doesn't need no fancy metal dress to be the hero of the day.

I think it's just the next twist on the Kirby formula, and it made sense given the "mech tech" theme. It seems to be functionally similar to the partners in past games, since the mech can be transformed by powers as well, and a replacement for the Supernova level mechanic/ability in Triple Deluxe.

Totally agree that Kirby is an A+ hero regardless of whatever new gimmicks they give him/her/them/it. (I think Kirby might canonically be a "he," but I don't know why I'd think that)

Astral Dog

It was an "ok" Direct, as expected, some will complain a dead system and a handheld on its possible last year are still getting content instead of the new NX, others that its not enough, but it is what it is.

new Kirby mech! :) Whatever # FE coming sooner than expected :) Star Fox Zero looks like a good rental :/ Twilight Princess :/ Paper Mario :/ Azure Striker 2 :) Monster Hunter :) and the reeest
:(

But OK.

RM8

I grew up playing MK2 to death on my Sega Mega Drive (Read: Genesis my beautiful yanks). Kung Lao will always be my go-to-guy.

I just started playing Firewatch today. Really enjoying it so far, excellent storytelling.
I was a Shang Tsung person back in MK2, It was so cool playing as the boss of the first game. Back then it wasn't a factor at all, but the guy who played him is/was pretty cute too :p
---

Boxart of the year, everyone should stop trying.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Boxart of the year, everyone should stop trying.

I imagine Kirby maniacally laughing, corrupted by the evil Kirby tries to fight, and I thank the artist who gave us such a delightful image.

B-Dex

Kirby is a bottom confirmed.

Also this production of Boeing Boeing I'm working on ends with Robert and Bernard making out.

lol at the writers for The 100 getting dragged through the pits of hell

don't google if you actually watch the show and don't want to be seriously spoiled, I don't watch it so I didn't mind spoilers.

Hey all. I wanted to post something completely hilarious that happened to me.

I was just banned from my pride event's planning committee for attempting to make people feel less excluded! Why were people feeling excluded? Because the event leader is making people feel extremely uncomfortable every time someone suggests we have a slightly more diverse selection of entertainment and music.

Her exact words were at one meeting "i'm not going to "Whiten Up" pride for anyone. " and "We're not going to become just another "white pride".

What?

She is insisting we make our supposedly "open to everyone" pride event target, very specifically, "Gay Black Men with HIV". She's doing this because the company she works for specializes in working with that target demographic (she works for an HIV counseling center), and they're donating a bit of money to the event, so they think they have full control over it. The other problem is that the event was once a lot more diverse as far as people in control, but they've stacked the entire leadership side of the committee with people from her company.

This whole thing ended up turning into a hilarious argument via our facebook group where they tried to say i was being racist and "blinded by white privilege" for trying to make sure everyone is being included and people aren't being made to feel unwelcome at the planning meetings (people stopped coming after those comments).

So all that aside, I pose this question. Doesn't it seem a little odd to have an LGBTQIA+ Pride event, something that's supposed to be about inclusion in a community and celebrating who you are, target an extremely narrow spectrum of the community? It's rather like they're saying "Here's Flint Pride! But only for these people. Fuck you if you don't fit my demographic."

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Hey all. I wanted to post something completely hilarious that happened to me.

I was just banned from my pride event's planning committee for attempting to make people feel less excluded! Why were people feeling excluded? Because the event leader is making people feel extremely uncomfortable every time someone suggests we have a slightly more diverse selection of entertainment and music.

Her exact words were at one meeting "i'm not going to "Whiten Up" pride for anyone. " and "We're not going to become just another "white pride".

What?

She is insisting we make our supposedly "open to everyone" pride event target, very specifically, "Gay Black Men with HIV". She's doing this because the company she works for specializes in working with that target demographic (she works for an HIV counseling center), and they're donating a bit of money to the event, so they think they have full control over it. The other problem is that the event was once a lot more diverse as far as people in control, but they've stacked the entire leadership side of the committee with people from her company.

This whole thing ended up turning into a hilarious argument via our facebook group where they tried to say i was being racist and "blinded by white privilege" for trying to make sure everyone is being included and people aren't being made to feel unwelcome at the planning meetings (people stopped coming after those comments).

So all that aside, I pose this question. Doesn't it seem a little odd to have an LGBTQIA+ Pride event, something that's supposed to be about inclusion in a community and celebrating who you are, target an extremely narrow spectrum of the community? It's rather like they're saying "Here's Flint Pride! But only for these people. Fuck you if you don't fit my demographic."

What were they doing to target that demographic? It sounds like it was mostly related to the entertainment programming, is that right? And what were they doing to exclude other demographics?

What were they doing to target that demographic? It sounds like it was mostly related to the entertainment programming, is that right? And what were they doing to exclude other demographics?
Her specific ways to target that demographic? Literally just play rap/hip-hop nonstop and have only black artists perform. Oh and mostly advertise to the african american community. In the past when she wasn't fully in charge, the event had a much more diverse selection of entertainment. We've had local rock bands perform for instance, which she complained about.

But what bothers me the most is, I don't even care about any of that. The entertainment can stay the same for her demographic if that's what everyone wants. I just thought her throwing around things like "i'm not whitening up pride" whenever someone mentioned maybe playing some Top-40 tracks for an hour during the day-long event was interesting. She immediately snaps and turns an issue with entertainment diversity into a racial issue. :/ It made quite a few members of the group, extremely uncomfortable. I told her people were uncomfortable around her when she says things like that, she got very defensive and kicked me off the committee for being "Petty".

So that's fun.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Her specific ways to target that demographic? Literally just play rap/hip-hop nonstop and have only black artists perform. Oh and mostly advertise to the african american community. In the past when she wasn't fully in charge, the event had a much more diverse selection of entertainment. We've had local rock bands perform for instance, which she complained about.

But what bothers me the most is, I don't even care about any of that. The entertainment can stay the same for her demographic if that's what everyone wants. I just thought her throwing around things like "i'm not whitening up pride" whenever someone mentioned maybe playing some Top-40 tracks for an hour during the day-long event was interesting. She immediately snaps and turns an issue with entertainment diversity into a racial issue. :/ It made quite a few members of the group, extremely uncomfortable. I told her people were uncomfortable around her when she says things like that, she got very defensive and kicked me off the committee for being "Petty".

So that's fun.

Ah. With that limited information, it's hard to comment. That does seem like a difficult situation to be in, especially if you're seeing people lose interest and leave the group because of it. :/

If the person in charge wants to do this and you don't agree with no way of changing things, I suppose it's in your best interest to not be in a situation where you're butting heads with them at every turn. Hopefully the event turns out well and is a success! I think a successful Pride, despite the problems that Pride can have, generally can do a lot of good for local LGBT+ communities at its best, so I hope your area experiences those benefits.

On another topic: have you filled out the IBQ in the OP?

It's definitely an issue, and as I'm now barred from the event over something like this it's extremely annoying. :/ Hopefully it goes well, but if it flops I can't say i'll be too surprised.

On another topic: have you filled out the IBQ in the OP?

I have not! I completely forgot to do that. XD

Ekai

To be fair, there have been many Pride Events where gay white cis-dudes ended up making it all about them. I get where you're coming from regarding inclusion for all (it's what I would support myself) but I'm not surprised they would argue something like that considering some of the history of the LGBT movement. Not saying I endorse it, just saying that it's not exactly surprising. Hope it goes well and that there can be other events in the future.

it feels so weird when people say your name. Like, friends and family you get used to but when someone you don't really talk to is like "hey alexis" it's just like wow... you know my name... :0

it feels so weird when people say your name. Like, friends and family you get used to but when someone you don't really talk to is like "hey alexis" it's just like wow... you know my name... :0

i get called by different names depending on who i'm with and a small amount actually call me by my real name in real life

To think I get a whole second night of that. A++

👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit

Do you have a middle name that you use as your main name?
Noooo no one is ever allowed to acknowledge that I have a middle name. I'd rather be called Donald Drumpf than to be called my middle name

Also STILL not caught up on the 100 but it has the best marriage proposal of all the (only watched up to s3 ep03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom