• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Gibbs

I'm so dumb every time some guy makes me feel shitty I just post nudes on Tumblr like that's supposed to make me feel better. But in other news I hate men

My inbox is forever open if you need to talk. <3

4nmeoyA.gif

Kevyt

I know MvC:I is cringe worthy, but don't let that kill your love for the medium!

Actually it's all because of Overwatch. I've been playing OW nonstop, especially competitive, and it has sucked the fun out of it. I found myself playing just to get to the next skill tier while earning competitive points to unlock more golden weapons. Also trying to improve on Kill/Death ratio. So it has become a problem where I realized I don't enjoy the game anymore and gaming in general. I'm not playing to have fun anymore but to win. That's not fun.

Destiny 2 pc comes out next month.

Trying to see if it's worth it, but I doubt it. I think I am done with first person shooters at the moment. I am gonna try to play something more light.

Sorry you're upset :/

Admit it, that post sent chills down your spine! :p

Actually it's all because of Overwatch. I've been playing OW nonstop, especially competitive, and it has sucked the fun out of it. I found myself playing just to get to the next skill tier while earning competitive points to unlock more golden weapons. Also trying to improve on Kill/Death ratio. So it has become a problem where I realized I don't enjoy the game anymore and gaming in general. I'm not playing to have fun anymore but to win. That's not fun.

Trying to see if it's worth it, but I doubt it. I think I am done with first person shooters at the moment. I am gonna try to play something more light.
Do you play single player games much?

Kevyt

This thread is very interesting and the video that OP links is excellent to watch: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1438476

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwIx3KQer54

Do you play single player games much?

I do. Well I used to. I particularly enjoy anything Naughty Dog makes from Crash Bandicoot from the PS1 era to Uncharted/The Last of Us. I need a game's story to be intriguing to make me interested in the game though, and while Naughty Dog games have their fair share of flaws, they do a great job at story telling. I'm not sure what to play anymore. I think I'll just finish Horizon Zero Dawn and stick to Civilization/Xcom/Endless Legend.

Beth Cyra

Tbh fuck gamers. The games are fun, but fuck solidarity with this punch bowl of turds of a sub-community.
It is rather depressing at times.

Honestly I'm getting more into Magic and Role Playing on Discord with a small group all so I can avoid toxic gaming communities in the live space which blows.

You could go on an athletic date!
Honey the only people so far that have shown any interest in that are Men and no offense to our brothers and non genders here but I need that female persona lol.

Sibylus

Banned

Honestly I'm getting more into Magic and Role Playing on Discord with a small group all so I can avoid toxic gaming communities in the live space which blows.

Honey the only people so far that have shown any interest in that are Men and no offense to our brothers and non genders here but I need that female persona lol.

Yeah, friends and games is where it's at. Anons are a hair trigger from mute at the best of times.

Zero²

I'm so dumb every time some guy makes me feel shitty I just post nudes on Tumblr like that's supposed to make me feel better. But in other news I hate men
I know how you feel man, if you need any help or someone to talk to dont hesitate to pm me :)

I used to do that for DnD/Pathfinder (well, a hackneyed Skype version anyways... we coded in an account that rolled dice for us). But now, due to scheduling conflicts, play-by-post tabletop gaming is my home away from home. I feel tabletop gamers online tend to be a lot more inclusive if you want to do something crazy like play a tabletop game while female.

Beth Cyra

I used to do that for DnD/Pathfinder (well, a hackneyed Skype version anyways... we coded in an account that rolled dice for us). But now, due to scheduling conflicts, play-by-post tabletop gaming is my home away from home. I feel tabletop gamers online tend to be a lot more inclusive if you want to do something crazy like play a tabletop game while female.
I was always sad I missed the WoW board game :(

I may look into this type of gaming though.

Gibbs

That's all I want for Christmas

You're all I want for Christmas. <3

Tbh fuck gamers. The games are fun, but fuck solidarity with this punch bowl of turds of a sub-community.

Punch bowl of turds.... lol. I'm dying over here.

This completely. I hate discussing gaming these days because it becomes a pissing contest. My console does x or x and yours doesn't, or we have this game!!!11oneoneleite. I am passionate about gaming and can't even talk about it on Facebook as I have people that will bash me for owning an Xbox One over a PS4. It's annoying.

Gaming is incredible, the stories we get to experience and live through, those moments are everything. Gamers should unite as we all share that common interest and bond but yet, its so damn toxic. I rarely play games these days or even playonline. I use to play online daily. The online multi-player of video games is incredibly toxic and unbearable.

Matsukaze

Used to do play-by-post a lot, years ago over at Myth Weavers. It was by far the most convenient way to play D&D.

Wil348

What's up people? I have nothing in particular to say, so I just thought I would say hi. :)

This completely. I hate discussing gaming these days because it becomes a pissing contest. My console does x or x and yours doesn't, or we have this game!!!11oneoneleite. I am passionate about gaming and can't even talk about it on Facebook as I have people that will bash me for owning an Xbox One over a PS4. It's annoying.
Omg I could not agree more. While I can deal with friendly banter over consoles, it becomes a bit much when somebody makes it their mission to belittle you over a fucking box. I can't say I have ever dealt with that personally, at least not to those extremes. I have had people question my decision to get an Xbox One last year, but at the end of the day, I don't think we are put on this Earth to gain the validation of others! ;)

This might sound really simple, but just enjoy what you enjoy (as long as it doesn't hurt anyone of course), and don't be ashamed of it.

Hey! You will have something to say! You know why? Because i'm gonna ask you a question. How are you? =)

I'm good thanks! Not much going on at the moment haha. You?

Used to do play-by-post a lot, years ago over at Myth Weavers. It was by far the most convenient way to play D&D.

Myth-weavers is where I play as well. It's a great little site with lots of cool people. Though, the average game lifespan leaves a lot to be desired. You kinda have to play the numbers game until you find a game that lasts longer than a month. I got lucky and made friends with a few people who like GMing and can keep a game running for a long time, so I've ended up with a few long term games, but it took awhile.

I was always sad I missed the WoW board game :(

I may look into this type of gaming though.

Play by post is a lot slower than playing live, but it does let you do a lot more actual roleplaying and dig deeper into characterization. It's a different feel, but ultimately more rewarding I think. I've gotten to plan full on character arcs that other people in my group actually notice and respond to, which I never could do in a live game.

Admit it, that post sent chills down your spine! :p
youre going to have to buy it. i bought the digital deluxe that comes with the dlc.

I think I might be climatised to a colder temperature by my workplace, which people always complain about being cold. But now that winter is over and there are some slightly warm days (eg 23 Celsius, 73 Fahrenheit) I am feeling the heat.

yepyepyep

I am dreading this coming winter in London. I am not used to cold weather during Christmas and New Years! That time of year I always associate with being able to wear shorts and a t-shirt during warm nights. Also, London doesn't really have summer lol. I think like twice it went above 28 degrees?

Frodo

I am dreading this coming winter in London. I am not used to cold weather during Christmas and New Years! That time of year I always associate with being able to wear shorts and a t-shirt during warm nights. Also, London doesn't really have summer lol. I think like twice it went above 28 degrees?

Is this your first winter here?

Up to New Years is okay, I think. There are fairy lights and decorations everywhere and there is a nice festive vibe. It's after January, specially February that are though. Little sunlight and permanently gray skies can get old pretty soon. Luckily Winters tend to be pretty mild temperature wise.

I hear houses there are built to keep warmth in so 28 degrees is really hot.

yepyepyep

Is this your first winter here?

Up to New Years is okay, I think. There are fairy lights and decorations everywhere and there is a nice festive vibe. It's after January, specially February that are though. Little sunlight and permanently gray skies can get old pretty soon. Luckily Winters tend to be pretty mild temperature wise.

This will be my second winter here. It is not unbearably cold, but it is chillier than a Melbourne winter. It's funny, in Australia everyone makes fun of Melbourne for having a cold climate but the winter is probably equivalent to late autumn in London. It is the greyness and really short daylight hours that gets me rather than the cold. I hated leaving for work and it still dark and then arriving home from work and it is dark already. So depressing...

I hear houses there are built to keep warmth in so 28 degrees is really hot.

Yes it is true the houses retain heat more and there is less places that are air conditioned, but I don't know, even when it is 28 degrees here it doesn't feel as hot as if it is 28 degrees in Australia/Southern Europe/ South East Asia? The sun feels dimmer and weaker here. Although the tube, especially the central line, is a shit show during summer because there is very poor ventilation, it's always crowded and there is no air con.

IvorB

Well, I don't know whether to tell you this but the summer we just had (are still kind of having?) is on the better end of the spectrum. It could be A LOT worse. You don't want to know what it's like when summer is truly cancelled because it can happen and it's harsh.

The type of summer you are probably used in the southern hemisphere is really rare here. The last blazing summer I can remember was 2006 :-(. The summer of '06, man...

Thankfully it's not too far to Spain, Portugal or even Egypt or Morocco.

I think I might be climatised to a colder temperature by my workplace, which people always complain about being cold. But now that winter is over and there are some slightly warm days (eg 23 Celsius, 73 Fahrenheit) I am feeling the heat.

Oh you Australians and your backwards weather and your reverse flowing toilets. We just ended summer silly :p

Yeah, friends and games is where it's at. Anons are a hair trigger from mute at the best of times.

Anything where randoms and competitive meet, it's a recipe for shitfest. I used to play competitive way back when Starcraft first came out, UT'99 and Magic The Gathering but competition and other people ruined any sort of PvP for me.

Still debating on the likes of Destiny 2 but if I do get it it would be for playing with friends and strictly for PvE.

yepyepyep

Well, I don't know whether to tell you this but the summer we just had (are still kind of having?) is on the better end of the spectrum. It could be A LOT worse. You don't want to know what it's like when summer is truly cancelled because it can happen and it's harsh.

The type of summer you are probably used in the southern hemisphere is really rare here. The last blazing summer I can remember was 2006 :-(. The summer of '06, man...

Thankfully it's not too far to Spain, Portugal or even Egypt or Morocco.

Yeah I did have a summer because I went holidaying around central europe during a heatwave. It was actually too hot haha. It was like a constant 35-38 for like a week and a half. When I came back to London it was raining all day haha.

Beth Cyra

Myth-weavers is where I play as well. It's a great little site with lots of cool people. Though, the average game lifespan leaves a lot to be desired. You kinda have to play the numbers game until you find a game that lasts longer than a month. I got lucky and made friends with a few people who like GMing and can keep a game running for a long time, so I've ended up with a few long term games, but it took awhile.

Play by post is a lot slower than playing live, but it does let you do a lot more actual roleplaying and dig deeper into characterization. It's a different feel, but ultimately more rewarding I think. I've gotten to plan full on character arcs that other people in my group actually notice and respond to, which I never could do in a live game.

Honestly that sounds amazing so I think I'll do it.

I have a group that is trying to get me back into MtG as well and given the new series has a lot of Vampire stuff I think I'm totally going to go for it.

Kevyt

Is anyone here a morning person? Or does anyone here wake up in the morning and workout/run before going to work?

I am thinking of waking up at 5 am, eat something very light and workout at the gym and then go to work afterwards. In the evenings after work the gym is super crowded and I'm always too tired to really workout. I was thinking of switching that around but I've never been a morning person.

Has anyone done this or currently does this?

like $90
with that $10 you can get yourself a Digiorno pizza.

Digiorno is disgusting. Terribly made dough and tasteless, sad!

Sibylus

Banned
Anything where randoms and competitive meet, it's a recipe for shitfest. I used to play competitive way back when Starcraft first came out, UT'99 and Magic The Gathering but competition and other people ruined any sort of PvP for me.

Still debating on the likes of Destiny 2 but if I do get it it would be for playing with friends and strictly for PvE.

Yeah, I played maybe 3 games of Destiny PVP lol. D2 looks like it's a good game, but idk if it offers enough on a co-op basis for us.

Anyone playing D2 who can give a rough estimate of how many missions, areas, planets are on offer?

KmA

Is anyone here a morning person? Or does anyone here wake up in the morning and workout/run before going to work?

I am thinking of waking up at 5 am, eat something very light and workout at the gym and then go to work afterwards. In the evenings after work the gym is super crowded and I'm always too tired to really workout. I was thinking of switching that around but I've never been a morning person.

I generally go to the gym before work everyday. But my work schedule is very lenient I can come in pretty much whenever I want so I go to the gym at about 8 and get into work by 10. It's mostly older people using the equipment so it's less intimidating. Plus it's a nice ego boost to walk around the locker room in just my towel and be the most attractive person there. Granted, everyone else there is a over 60, but it feels good nonetheless lmao.

Zero²

I do! wake up 6 am everyday and go to the gym, it's the best thing ever personally. The problem is that I gotta sleep early, otherwise it's impossible to keep the pace.

Beth Cyra

I do this.

Wake up call at 5 Am for a single pancake for Carbs at the gym before 7 usually by 6 30,I work out till 9 30 then back home and at work by 10 30, work till 7 30 PM then back to the gym till 9 PM. I do the evening stuff three to four times a week and morning six days.

Its not for everyone but it's what I do to keep the eating disorders and voices out of my head.

Gibbs

I need your help guys. I'm frustrated.

I have a job interview Friday, apparently I passed interview 1. Now I was told on the phone to "dress casual, business casual, just no holey jean."

Now, I have black dress pants, a button up blue short sleeve shirt. Should I wear a tie or not? Im being told by so many to, and others not.

I can provide a picture.

berzeli

Banned

I have a job interview Friday, apparently I passed interview 1. Now I was told on the phone to "dress casual, business casual, just no holey jean."

Now, I have black dress pants, a button up blue short sleeve shirt. Should I wear a tie or not? Im being told by so many to, and others not.

I can provide a picture.
Compromise, wear one but don't tie it:
cheerful-young-man-with-untied-tie-picture-id184656003

Gibbs

Compromise, wear one but don't tie it:
cheerful-young-man-with-untied-tie-picture-id184656003

I've thought about hanging myself with a tie now. I'm debating buying a long sleeve button up shirt so I can avoid the tie. Ugh.

Why do I feel the need to punch that guy in the face repeatedly. He just... bothers me for some reason. I want the old man in pain stock image guy.

Bladenic

Often. I take a cycling or total body challenge class in the mornings. I usually just eat a banana and drink water. And yes, gym in the morning is so much better. Especially when I would swim, not a soul there and it's nice and calming.

Honestly that sounds amazing so I think I'll do it.

I have a group that is trying to get me back into MtG as well and given the new series has a lot of Vampire stuff I think I'm totally going to go for it.

Drop me a line if you decide to join. I'm Alcoremortis there too.

I can provide a picture.

I guess you could always wear the tie and then if you show up and nobody else is wearing one, just take it off.

Top Bottom