• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

danm999

I'm kind of thinking the same as your spoiler, but that risks invalidating several aspect of the end of episode 4, though, unless the 'power' behind it changes somewhat.

Such as, primarily, the (ep. 4 choice spoilers)
Warn Victoria choice, as well as the minor decision to save Alyssa again

True, however I think those choices are cast easily aside as;

I get the feeling the Victoria choice was a red herring designed to blindside you as to the fact you and Chloe were the actual targets.

Whether Jefferson and/or Nathan planned to go after Victoria the night of the End of the World Party or not, it became irrelevant once Max and Chloe found, and conspicuously broke into, the Dark Room. At that point, Victoria is going to be safe in the short term regardless. They've got to clean up their mess first.

As for Alyssa, given you have an extended conversation with her about always being her saviour, I'd wager that plot line might be done too.

Though it's interesting because Max has never done a short photo term jump back into a period when she still had her powers. Maybe the universe would reason Max would make the same choices and simply carry your decisions across.

Regardless, can't wait for Ep 5.

Zareka

Well that's an...interesting crucial choice to start the episode with.

Should probably get back to the game and not be sitting around the OT.

Jesus christ that Episode 4 ending. I realized some shit was probably going to go down at the end of the episode, and since it was the penultimate episode shit would go down a bit more perhaps, but JESUS CHRIST.

Also glad to see a few other people calling it; Max will totally use the photo she and Warren took before the party to fix things. Else why have that scene? Or do Dontnod know that I know that and are fucking with me? FUUUUCK.

I'm getting the impression that the game is moving towards the idea that there's a concept of fate and certain things have to be.
Chloe's already died in 3 different ways, accept it guys

This game is clearly heavily inspired by their incredible love of Twin Peaks. Even if making a straight up drama was an option for DONTNOD (and it may have been), I get the impression that's not what they would have wanted to do.

My post wasn't a criticism of Dontnod, rather of video game "culture" in general.

toastyToast said:
I'm getting the impression that the game is moving towards the idea that there's a concept of fate and certain things have to be.

The universe hates poor Joyce :(

danm999

It may well be the case I suppose, though I'm not so sure. After all, whatever forces of destiny/fate/the universe/God seem to be at work could easily have
let Chloe die at Nathan's hand in Episode 1, but they instead chose to give Max a power to save her.

So if anything that extraordinary intervention would suggest fate would be fighting itself. Though maybe it is, hence the inexplicable tornado.

jediyoshi

Episode 4 spoilers

Since we know Jefferson's car from the end of episode 2 (TPFTHLK), we have his whereabouts from David's notes.

http://i.imgur.com/plTvfCa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9675tSn.jpg

Unfortunately, the game starts on October 7, so all we can see are that Monday and the week leading up to it. Should be fun to map out his path and cross reference it with the locations we know and Nathan's whereabouts. Frank's book doesn't have a codename for Jefferson, maybe locations will match up and he'll have a pseudonym.

We also aren't given the GPS coordinates of the locations themselves, so we'll have to match them up with David's notes. Looks like some major stuff happened 9/30 as well with the amount Nathan was at his family's estate.

edit: Double checked, Nathan gets Gamma-Hydroxybutyrate (date rape drug) at Blackwell at 10pm.

Makes you realize David knows more than what we have in his notes if he was already following Jefferson.

Code:
[spoiler]Prescott Estate: 	45.531822 -123.921232
Barn: 			45.496698 -123.894625
Junk Yard: 		45.552381 -123.925695
Beach: 			45.547693 -123.935308
Blackwell: 		45.535068 -123.906641
Gas Station:		45.528334 -123.931704
Forest:			45.557069 -123.90132[/spoiler]

Gbraga

Ahhh, all those white bars, I can't take it. Please work, end already so I can finish this episode
VaBNcxc.png

I'm so excited to see where this is going, I NEED TO FIND THE DARK ROOM

Nia

I thought I had the correct time down, but the episode is still not up for me. First it said it was available, then I didn't see it on the DLC menu. When I went back to the game it changed it back to coming soon. I'm rather tired of being jerked around, especially since everyone and their mother has gotten to play it already.

J Range

I still can't find episode 4 to download...it says download in the episode list but brings me to episode 1-3. Tried searching ps store by letter.

Staf

Awww hell no! Hell no! Just got to the first choice in episode 4, i can't freaking make that. That's awful!

Edit: I'm taking a break. Can't deal with that choice at the moment...

Danj

Someone remind me how to do the
focus on a photo
thing again? I can't remember and it doesn't give any instruction other than left mouse button.

Finished the episode. I totally didn't expect the ending and was shocked.
Easily the best episode so far for me and the last one was already very strong.

This. The ending to episode 4 really took me by surprise. I'm super excited for the 5th episode although the wait is gonna be rough. I'm assuming it'll be out sometime late September or early October. Still need to go through the story again being a total bitch to everyone lol.

why cant i unlock episode 4

i bought the season pass/complete edition

and when it says download episode 4..it takes me to the add ons, but it doesnt show episode 4 in the store?

Venom Fox

Banned
Now that I have slept on it and had time to think over the ending, I generally agree with the sentiment that
Max will use the warren selfie to go back and save Chloe.
The two moons to me, signified that multiple universes have overlapped, especially considering that one of the moons were blurry and see through like the Doe. I have the feeling that Max may have to go back further than the warren selfie to correct the two moons, or just go back to the warren selfie and evade Mr Jefferson.
Currently my head is still in a twist in regards to the ending but I know the
two moons signify something of major importance. For instance why is it that when they cannot find Nathan and leave the party, the moons disappear? Maybe Nathan and Mr Jefferson are the same person? Mr Jefferson is an older Nathan that is stuck in an alternate timeline?

Alfredo

Planning on having some friends over to play Episode 4. Does anyone know how long it takes to finish with some pretty thorough exploration? Everything except Journal and Photo stuff, I guess.

why cant i unlock episode 4

i bought the season pass/complete edition

and when it says download episode 4..it takes me to the add ons, but it doesnt show episode 4 in the store?

I'm going to guess you are on Ps4 and Us. The store has not updated/finished updating yet. Also, the past releases the episodes were not up until around 6pm EST.

Also, it's been like that since yesterday. It's annoying how they get you hyped up for nothing.

Steamlord

So I noticed that
in the alternate universe, we see this hot dog man character multiple times (avatar, table in Chloe's room); he seems to be really popular. Then in the original timeline we see that Kate doodled him in the hospital, but we don't see him anywhere else. Does this mean Kate is supposed to have designed him, and that she was famous in the alternate timeline? Or does the character actually exist in the primary timeline and Kate's doodle just happens to be the only time we've seen him?

Currently my head is still in a twist in regards to the ending but I know the
two moons signify something of major importance. For instance why is it that when they cannot find Nathan and leave the party, the moons disappear? Maybe Nathan and Mr Jefferson are the same person? Mr Jefferson is an older Nathan that is stuck in an alternate timeline?

Perhaps the two moons signify a major branch in the timeline, one that solidifies when you leave the party to go to the junkyard? So if Max does something else, the other moon disappears. Just wild conjecture, obviously.

EDIT: Forgot another crazy little observation I made.
In the alternate timeline Chloe tells us that she was hit by an SUV. In the primary timeline, Max describes Nathan's truck as an SUV even though it's a truck. Don't know why that's the case, but I'd be willing to bet they're deliberately implying that Nathan crippled Chloe, even though it probably won't have any significance to the plot. I know just knowing it's an SUV means basically nothing on its own, but the fact that it's specified in both cases makes me wonder.

Planning on having some friends over to play Episode 4. Does anyone know how long it takes to finish with some pretty thorough exploration? Everything except Journal and Photo stuff, I guess.

It's a fairly long episode, probably an hour to hour an a half longer than the previous ones. Took me about 4 and a half to 5 hours to finish it. As opposed to 3 and a half to four for the previous ones. My times included journal and light photo collection.

Nzyme32

Holy shit
Killing chloe fucked me up :( even if it was basically meaningless so far.

I'm supposed to wait six weeks after THAT ending ?

Goddamnit DONTNOD !

Don't worry, I am fairly sure that in Episode 5
Max will use the selfie pic of her and Warren to go back to before this happens (after escaping) and will put things right.

However I will also call now that in episode 5
the only way for Max to put things right with the world and protect others or save them is for her to die

NoPiece

The game continues to impress, and does all the big things right.
I liked the first half of ep 4 more than the second half, but I'm willing to go with the genre shift for now.

One thing that has bugged me for a bit, and seemed worse in ep 4 was all the "informational graffiti". Which is getting to be a tired trope anyway, but seems particularly out of place in a high end private prep school. Reminded me of Cara Ellison's piece in Vice about graffiti in Alien Isolation.

Hey Video Game Developers, We're Not Idiots

Don't worry, I am fairly sure that in Episode 5
Max will use the selfie pic of her and Warren to go back to before this happens (after escaping) and will put things right.

However I will also call now that in episode 5
the only way for Max to put things right with the world and protect others or save them is for her to die

I'm actually thinking that
Chloe is the one that has to die for stuff to be right. She's died in three different timelines (first to Nathan, then again to her medical condition or Max, and now to Mr. Jefferson), and had several near death moments...and Max has saved her all this time.

I think you are correct and she will use Focus on the selfie to save Chloe again, only for it to be the catalyst that starts the tornado. Chloe seems destined to die and like Final Destination, fate won't be denied by Max's interference.

just done the first choice. fucking hell

this is episode is going to be a ride.

gonna get of here now so I don't hover over any more black boxes

Alright guys I've devised a new Feels scale.

I believe the scale should be from least to most Feels:

1. So much Doge. (COD Ghosts.)
2. Mariaaaaa! (Gears of War.)
3. Darkest darkness engulfed the dark. (Alan Wake.)
4.Limbo. Braid. (Indie.)
5. I dig my hole, you build that wall. (Bastion.)
6. It's so far, far away. (Red Dead Redemption.)
7. Son, you've got a way to fall. (MGS3.)
8. You know Ellie, we really are the lasut of us. (The Lasut of Us.)
9. You were there. (ICO)
10. Clementine. (Walking Dead S1.)

So where on this scale does Life is Strange fit in? Feel free to expand the scale if you want.

Saiyan-Rox

Holy shit that ending guys....

I knew there wasn't something right about Mr Jefferson and now he goes and shoots Chloe!!?? I also tried to warn Victoria but she wouldn't believe me about it
damn this game is a top contender for game of the year

4.Limbo. Braid. (Indie.)
9. You were there. (ICO)

So where on this scale does Life is Strange fit in? Feel free to expand the scale if you want.

15 out of 10, easily.

4.Limbo. Braid. (Indie.)
9. You were there. (ICO)

It's tied and slightly edging out Walking Dead S1 for me at the moment. If Ep 5 sticks the landing, it'll be an 11.

Top Bottom