• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Tuck

Holy shit. Ep 2 spoiler:

Kate died. I said the wrong thing =( I didn't realize her mother had disowned her.

Choomp

Banned
Holy shit. Ep 2 spoiler:

Kate died. I said the wrong thing =( I didn't realize her mother had disowned her.

Yeah. :( her dad and her sisters are the key. I'd say that part would be worth replaying canon to your playthrough if you care that much about it.

Choomp

Banned
I chose the wrong bible verse. I feel your pain :(

Oh, yep, the bible verse too. That's what is screwed up first time around.

I kinda wish this game had a photo mode where you could just take a picture whenever you want and then post it online somewhere with the old white outline and then your caption would come up as if you've written on the outline.

Tuck

Yeah. :( her dad and her sisters are the key. I'd say that part would be worth replaying canon to your playthrough if you care that much about it.
It's tempting, but no. I think living with your actions and decisions, right or wrong, success or failure, is a big part of this game. So while I'm disappointed with what happened and the fact that I screwed up, I'm gonna proceed as is.

chefbags

CLgP8-eWoAAWI7W.jpg

This Chloe cosplay is so good. Hella gorgeous lol

iosefe

so pretty, hair volume and shade are a little off tho

she's really pretty.

what i really wnat to know is who the max cosplayer in Coolasj19's avatar is. i need to see the rest of the photos

M3z_

Ep. 4

In regards to the early Chloe decision did anyone else refuse purely because they did not have any belief that version of reality would be rewritten back to the original timeline?

Don't get me wrong it was a powerful moment regardless and I was gutted by that scene, but there was no way I was going to accept given that I was 100% sure I would be returning to the original timeline and I didn't want that on my conscious knowing that it wouldn't matter in the long run. If I assist her suicide that's a traumatizing moment that sticks with me regardless of which timeline I'm in because that's how Max's powers work.

When she asked I was just like fuck no I'm not going to kill you I'm going to undo everything I've done to fuck up your life because it was a huge mistake, you are going to live and we are going to be best fucking friends forever goddammit.

This if from someone who fully supports assisted suicide for people dying in tremendous pain. I just couldn't even handle her asking that question because I had zero belief that anything in that timeline would stick. Just from a design perspective it would be a horrible decision to make a game all about character development and player choice only to erase 3 episodes worth of it and leave you stuck in a foreign reality where the world state has to be relearned. I could never once believe that timeline had any real stakes other than the emotional toll it would take on me.

Just finished up episode 4. After that ending, the wait for episode 5 is going to be so bad. I knew
Jefferson was going to be involved somehow
. This game is just brilliant.

Grisby

Finished Ep4. I'm not quite sure how I feel about the ending.

I didn't really guess that Jefferson would be the villain, although his picking of Victoria set off a lot of warning bells. I guess that conversation he had with her on the steps was just a red herring in a way.

Chloe seems destined to die. I don't see her coming back unless max powers up and pulls a dbz rewind or she jumps into a previous photo. Considering all the shit she's gone through when she ate that bullet I was like, just tired. It was a shock, and I care for her as a character so I'm a bit pissed, but...yeah.

I don't know. Maybe I ran out of emotions due to the first half of this episode.
Just started.

Oh my god what the fuck are they being real with this choice holy shit.
That conversation really got me. Some hard stuff.
Easily the best episode

The party scene was probably my favourite, surprisingly good dialogue between Max & Victoria too
Yep, that was a good scene. It's pretty neat how
in the darkest timeline they're like best buds.

tomtom94

I'm not buying the whole
"Chloe is meant to die" thing. I see her constant deaths as a reason for her NOT to end up dead in the end, since her dying in the end would have far less impact now that she's "died" three times already.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know. Maybe I ran out of emotions due to the first half of this episode.[/SPOILER]

I think this was me. This game is throwing everything at me. It's gonna get to a certain point that I'm going to be numb to anything!

Egg0

Banned
I got spoiled about
Kate possibly dying
before I even started playing the game.

So I was very delicate anytime I was interacting with her. I just finished Ep. 2 last night and am very interested where the story goes with her. Also, interested in how it differs if
she dies.

Xiraiya

Is it just me or did the general production seem to get bumped up a bit this episode? Lip sync is slightly (slightly) better, character animation seems a bit more fleshed out overall, there seemed to be more sound/foley for things like people shifting in chairs, some of the cutscene-to-gameplay transitions had a MGS4 slickness to them, etc.

I actually thought the opposite, playing at 4K downsampled to 1080p makes pre-rendered cutscenes REALLY noticable and look kind of bad compared to how how crisp and smooth my game looks usually.
Episode 4 had way more pre-rendered cutscenes than any other episode for things that had been in real time previously.

It's actually super weird, I'm not sure why they decided to stop doing things in real time, overall I feel like they cut some corners that they didn't cut in earlier episodes.

Jachaos

I actually thought the opposite, playing at 4K downsampled to 1080p makes pre-rendered cutscenes REALLY noticable and look kind of bad compared to how how crisp and smooth my game looks usually.
Episode 4 had way more pre-rendered cutscenes than any other episode for things that had been in real time previously.

It's actually super weird, I'm not sure why they decided to stop doing things in real time, overall I feel like they cut some corners that they didn't cut in earlier episodes.

This was episode was twice as long yet developed in relatively the same time frame. I thought there was a lot of real-time actually.
The investigation and the hospital for example are two standouts. One was a nice interactive puzzle and the other was a completely new location only accessible by a portion of the players. Add to that Chloe's alternate house, the male dorms, the beach, the barn + Dark Room, the Vortex Club party (it wouldn't be fair to say it's simply the pool area when it was changed so much and had so many people you could talk to) and
you get a good total of new locations. On par or better than the other episodes.

cLOUDo

Finished Ep4. I'm not quite sure how I feel about the ending.

I didn't really guess that Jefferson would be the villain, although his picking of Victoria set off a lot of warning bells. I guess that conversation he had with her on the steps was just a red herring in a way.

Chloe seems destined to die. I don't see her coming back unless max powers up and pulls a dbz rewind or she jumps into a previous photo. Considering all the shit she's gone through when she ate that bullet I was like, just tired. It was a shock, and I care for her as a character so I'm a bit pissed, but...yeah.

Maybe....
she jumps in the Warren's Selfie at the Vortex Club

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This was episode was twice as long yet developed in relatively the same time frame. I thought there was a lot of real-time actually.
The investigation and the hospital for example are two standouts. One was a nice interactive puzzle and the other was a completely new location only accessible by a portion of the players. Add to that Chloe's alternate house, the male dorms, the beach, the barn + Dark Room, the Vortex Club party (it wouldn't be fair to say it's simply the pool area when it was changed so much and had so many people you could talk to) and
you get a good total of new locations. On par or better than the other episodes.

Indeed. DONTNOD is doing some black magic keeping up the quality and making the game longer in a similar time frame.

ref

Finally got around to finishing episode 4.

Did anybody else notice a significant difference in writing quality? For the better?

Not that the other episodes were terrible by any means, but they often had some unrealistic dialogue/bad localization, but this episode was pretty damn good dialogue wise.

Part that stood out to me was the intro. Was done very well.

-Stranger-

Just finished episode 4 and wow that was very good!
Since there is such a big wait until episode 5 I was thinking of making another save file and playing through again form episode 1 but making different choices?

Worth it? Will it make much difference?

Since there is such a big wait until episode 5 I was thinking of making another save file and playing through again form episode 1 but making different choices?

I think I am going to do the same thing. Would like to see how it plays out if
Kate Dies
, I let
Warren beat up Nathan
, I don't
comfort Victoria
and
assist Chloe's death

I am conflicted about getting episode 5. I can't wait to see how it ends, but I will be genuinely gutted when it is all over.

Have they provided any release date range for episode 5?

SomTervo

I got a bit annoyed with this episode...
the way they never cover tracks (which would be so easy with the rewind power) and now actually plan on shooting someone, seems very out of character.

I think this latest episode was the weakest yet,
only fun I had was with the detective style pinboard puzzle.

I disagree generally, but I fully agree that when they decide to just
go kill Nathan, and they never think twice about it... That was ridiculous.
It was even more ridiculous that we don't get a say in it either way.

iosefe

I've never played a game that broke my heart so many times..bravo!

Edit: Finally got around to playing Episode 4...

give the soundtrack a few rounds

speaking of the soundtrack, have you actually given some of the songs lyrics a read? i was listening to In my Mind by amanda Palmer and only just realised what the last line was.

it's such a quaint and and cute song, but then...
Fuck yes
I am exactly the person that I want to be

i thought i misheard until i looked it up.

Chariot

From who? I was just assuming end of September based on the release pattern.
Well, the grande finale maybe takes more time. Who knows how much game is yet to come to wrap it all up. Playtesting a game with so many options gotta be tiresome too.

I for one am fine with waiting as long as the stoey wraps up amazing.

Choomp

Banned
I don't know how I feel about this episode.

Such a huge shift in tone.

I thought it was a decent enough job in easing in that really dark tone. Some pretty scary accusations and rumors have already been brought up recently in the game, and I think the content in the tail end of episode 3 was pretty sad and real to go into 4.

Chariot said:
I for one am fine with waiting as long as the stoey wraps up amazing.

Yeah, I'm fine if this takes longer, I just wasn't aware. More time to enjoy this game still going on, theorize, speculate, all that, most importantly more time for the developers to make sure the episode is the best it can possibly be.

Jachaos

So Ashly Burch (voice actress for Chloe) was at a UK convention this weekend just gone.

I got her autograph :)

I heard it was her, knew her name from on here and elsewhere and when I just looked it up I figured Kiki DeWynter makes sense - but the girl also voices Rei from Persona Q? What the fuck.

Top Bottom