• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

ScottbSE

Neo Member
Hi GAF community. Just wanted to let you all know that we are working on a fix for the fast rewind (not stopping at the dots) and should have a patch out fairly soon.

Thanks,

Scott

Jachaos

Hi GAF community. Just wanted to let you all know that we are working on a fix for the fast rewind (not stopping at the dots) and should have a patch out fairly soon.

Thanks,

Scott

Awesome. Great job on episode 4 by the way. There's a lot of content there and you guys were able to pull it off as quick as the other episodes. Thanks for not skimping on an environment that only a portion of the players get to see. Can't wait to see how my playthrough wraps up and then see the others'.

Choomp

Banned

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Your connection with this community reflects how well the game's release schedule has been handled, and how successful and superb everything about this game has been.

iosefe

Thanks,

Scott

really tripped me up the first time it happened to me. i thought maybe you guys had tossed that in there to demonstrate Max lacking some control on her powers

Thanks,

Scott

Cheers! Now tweak and polish that last episode and you'll have a classic (GOTY) on your hands. :)

Grisby

You know, I'm glad that they're ending the character arcs in episode 5. Shit, all of Telltales season stuff just makes me wonder when that second season is gonna come out (where are you Wolf Among Us S2?).

On another side note, Persona 4 Golden has been the perfect bright fit for recovering from episode 4's first 30 or so emotionally draining minutes.

Jachaos

You know, I'm glad that they're ending the character arcs in episode 5. Shit, all of Telltales season stuff just makes me wonder when that second season is gonna come out (where are you Wolf Among Us S2?).

On another side note, Persona 4 Golden has been the perfect bright fit for recovering from episode 4's first 30 or so emotionally draining minutes.

And Persona 3's Sun S. Link would be just about the worst thing to go to if you want to recover from that part of Episode 4.

tomtom94

Love this (it's by the same guy who does all those parody comics)

life_is_strange___hero_of_time_by_thegouldenway-d946d6i.jpg

source: http://thegouldenway.deviantart.com/art/LIFE-IS-STRANGE-Hero-of-Time-551211066

ghostjoke

Banned
Finally caught up to date after dropping off following ep 2. Glad I didn't have to wait between 3 and 4, though I still took a 24 hour break to let it soak in, but now the wait for 5 is unbearable.
When Jefferson was acting weird at the party, I was screaming for an option to not leave and stop him, but then another swerve ball.

I'm not sure if the writing was "improving" or whether, over the episodes, I've grown to appreciate its weird charm. I appreciated the joke
at its use of hella
in ep4 amiss all the crushing weight. Game is phenomenal for those moments that stick with you, both good and bad.
Lying in bed, listening to Bright Eyes in particular got me
. Also, I've come to realise that deep down in my heart of hearts I might be a teenage girl
with lesbian tenancies

Tuck

Just finished episode 3.

God damn, this game. Love the story, love the characters. Its just such wonderful experience.

Thanks,

Scott

Awesome, thanks for the update.

Must be nice to wake up in the morning knowing you helped make an amazing video game.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks for being in touch!

Love this (it's by the same guy who does all those parody comics)

life_is_strange___hero_of_time_by_thegouldenway-d946d6i.jpg

source: http://thegouldenway.deviantart.com/art/LIFE-IS-STRANGE-Hero-of-Time-551211066

Ha, that's pretty cute!

Also damn, the quality of the comics did go down. And very much so.

Scott, I think we've found another quote for the marketing campaign

Not even a joke. I feel kind of the same.

This is easily becoming one of my favourite games ever. Aside form a few technical issues (I'm playing it on PS3, and screen tearing is really annoying, as are the occasional hiss and cracks during dialogues), I like everything in this game. The episodic format is a perfect fit, since it allows time to process what you're experiencing and to explore thoroughly the various choices/theories. I can't wait for episode 5, and I really hope they continue improving on the formula with season 2.

I think the better part of the game (and episode 4 above all improved on the previous ones) is how some puzzles can be solved in more than one way:
opening David's locker, for instance, can be achieved in multiple ways, as is unlocking Nathan's phone. The investigation part as a whole was very satisfying to go through: it isn't a mindless "collect everything you find in the room and press A to solve puzzle", you actually need to read all the infos and select the ones which are relevant to the case. I hope a future patch can give the player the option to disable all hints though (like the number of clues you need to put together for every section, or the butterfly and dialogue icons)

Hasn't LiS sold relatively better in Europe than in NA on pc compared to telltale games. At least I remember seeing something like that on steamspy a while ago, but I can't check it because I'm on mobile.

I bought the Season Pass earlier in the week and just finished Episode 3. WOW. I want to start Ep 4 immediately but I don't think I can at the moment. Just need to sit back and think about what I experienced. It's so wonderfully told, this is heading towards one of my favourite games of the year, it feels very special and I haven't cared about characters this much in a video game for a very long time.

Kadayi

Banned
Just wrapped up episode 4. Hats off to SE & Dontnod you've made a hell of a game. I'm Jonsing for the conclusion now.

TraBuch

Banned
Ugh. Playing through episode four and I'm at the point where I need to make a serious choice and I'm just sitting here with no idea what I should do. No game has ever gotten me this emotionally invested.

LUXURY

Was just looking through my screenshots for the game, and I really did take some awesome ones. I'll put them in spoilers, but there really aren't any spoilers.

Grisby

Ugh. Playing through episode four and I'm at the point where I need to make a serious choice and I'm just sitting here with no idea what I should do. No game has ever gotten me this emotionally invested.
Hopefully you picked the 'cake' option.

Choomp

Banned
Was just looking through my screenshots for the game, and I really did take some awesome ones. I'll put them in spoilers, but there really aren't any spoilers.

Awesome shots. Need to get back to playing through episodes for screenshotting purposes.

mike4001_

Well, the grande finale maybe takes more time. Who knows how much game is yet to come to wrap it all up. Playtesting a game with so many options gotta be tiresome too.

I for one am fine with waiting as long as the stoey wraps up amazing.

Normally that last episode takes less time because they don´t have to prepare the following episodes during development.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Normally that last episode takes less time because they don´t have to prepare the following episodes during development.

I hope they take their time with this one. It's the last one, and people will remember the game for it. I know the journey can be more important than the destination, but if the destination is crappy, then god dammit, why all the journey?!

carlsojo

I hope they take their time with this one. It's the last one, and people will remember the game for it. I know the journey can be more important than the destination, but if the destination is crappy, then god dammit, why all the journey?!

Agreed. Plus I feel like Episode 5 is going to have to be pretty meaty to wrap up all the loose ends, so the length of episode 4 at least.

Blues1990

With regards to the final episode being able to wrap up the story & tie up most of the loose ends, I honestly wonder how it's going to happen.

Also, maybe it's just me, but it was never shown that Nathan himself is involved in anything, other than being a mentally unstable, rage inducing punk that is in the wrong place at the wrong time. He doesn't seem capable of stalking his prey and keeping them hidden from the public eye, as he seems to deal with his problems with aggression and violence without using any logic or reason.

Roussow

Hello there -- how's the season been? I haven't played any of it, but am very interested, almost wrapped up Telltales Game of Thrones (up too episode 5), and was looking at another narrative-adventure type game to play. Right now I'm really looking for well told stories, and I'm trying not too sound like David Cage too much here -- but something that really pulls at the heartstrings.

As a big fan of Tellatle stuff like Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Sam and Max, and even more abstract narrative games like Gone Home and Her Story -- would this be just the game I'm looking for?

tomtom94

Hello there -- how's the season been? I haven't played any of it, but am very interested, almost wrapped up Telltales Game of Thrones (up too episode 5), and was looking at another narrative-adventure type game to play.

As a big fan of Tellatle stuff like Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Sam and Max, and even more abstract narrative games like Gone Home and Her Story -- would this be just the game I'm looking for?

Yes. I say this as someone who is also a big Telltale fan and liked Gone Home (want to play Her Story too)

It's got fewer puzzles than the Telltale games I've played (I own but haven't touched Walking Dead S1) but the worldbuilding is top-notch, the rewind mechanic is clever, and the storyline is great.

Jachaos

Hello there -- how's the season been? I haven't played any of it, but am very interested, almost wrapped up Telltales Game of Thrones (up too episode 5), and was looking at another narrative-adventure type game to play. Right now I'm really looking for well told stories, and I'm trying not too sound like David Cage too much here -- but something that really pulls at the heartstrings.

It's a given you will love it based on the above.

chadskin

I played and enjoyed all of the games mentioned and I love Life is Strange. Hence you will too. :)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

You will love it, just get it and come over here and have your mind blown away with us.

So, how many of us took an agonising amount of time to come to a decision in the first major choice in episode 4...?

I had to put the controller down and think for a good 5 minutes. First time I've been so torn while playing this game. The level of emotional attachment it has achieved with me is no small feat. A tip of the hat to the people at DONTNOD, great stuff.

Can't wait for the resolution with episode 5, but I'm also sad to say goodbye to this world and it's characters.

Karak

So, how many of us took an agonising amount of time to come to a decision in the first major choice in episode 4...?

I had to put the controller down and think for a good 5 minutes. First time I've been so torn while playing this game. The level of emotional attachment it has achieved with me is no small feat. A tip of the hat to the people at DONTNOD, great stuff.

Can't wait for the resolution with episode 5, but I'm also sad to say goodbye to this world and it's characters.

Edit I guess people consider even talking around the subject with no specifics as spoilers.

Well hmm. Something happens somewhere that might be a thing you should take care of. I took care of it instantly because of reasons...and stuff happened.

Jachaos

Spoilers ^

Took me about 2 seconds. Though I agree with the emotional attachment, as this is one of the best games this year by a country mile and that is one of the reasons why. A friend was in pain. Off them if they can't do it to themselves. Thinking about it too long seems highly...odd to me.

You should spoiler tag that as this isn't the spoiler thread

Spinifex

I was exactly the same. Put the controller down and after 5 minutes still said 'I don't know'. After it prompted again I agonized for another few minutes before going through with it. It destroyed me. I've not had this kind of emotional involvement in any piece of media, let alone a videogame.

chadskin

Thanks,

Scott

My PS4 just started downloading a 50 MB patch, so I guess that's the one addressing this issue. :)

Played the first two episodes over the last two days.

Didn't realise it was even possible to save Kate until the choice percentages came up at the end. I was DEVASTATED. Seriously, I actually wailed like a little girl.

It's taking all my will to not boot up Episode 3 right now, I promised myself I would wait a day between episodes.

This is excellent so far, though. Favourite adventure game since Season 1 of Walking Dead.

Top Bottom