• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like a Dragon Pirate Yakuza in Hawaii Reveal Trailer (Goro Majima as the protagonist; release date February 28, 2025)

decisions

After Y6, Yakuza really lost its identity and tone. I still kind of view that as the real ending to the series. If the silly stuff is just the main world, then it has no shock value or surprise when it appears. If this is canon then it really just makes the whole world feel unbelievable.

Judgment is the true sequel for longtime fans of the series. To me that feels much more like I’m a playing a Yakuza game than Y7 or 8.

Kataploom

Gold Member
They can't be serious, this is the coolest shit I could never imagine, lmao, I'd laugh out loud if he said something "Ore wa kaizoku oo ni naru otoko daaaaa!" lmao.

BTW, they localized "ookoku" (kingdom) like "queendom", I don't know if it's DEI or too much creative freedom bs and I sure don't know what's worse, I just hope it comes in Spanish so I don't have to read stuff like that while playing

Kataploom

Gold Member
stop fuck off GIF

Gross. Don't turn my beloved series into another typical weaboo dumpster fire. Thank goodness the director already said that the Series will keep its focus on middle aged men.

On topic: I'm always in for more Majima, so this is bought as fuck.
IDK wtf is that "weaboo" thing you mentioned, tbh I've never been sure of what exactly it means, but let's be honest: Ryuu Ga Gotoku series has always been about the typical japanese pop culture gags, so keep it coming!

Nankatsu

After Y6, Yakuza really lost its identity and tone. I still kind of view that as the real ending to the series. If the silly stuff is just the main world, then it has no shock value or surprise when it appears. If this is canon then it really just makes the whole world feel unbelievable.

Judgment is the true sequel for longtime fans of the series. To me that feels much more like I’m a playing a Yakuza game than Y7 or 8.

Nagoshi jumping out of the boat really hit the series in my opinion, either people like it or not.

I highly doubt it he would pull the Kiryu comeback if he was in charge.

Last edited:

Comandr

Ok serious question. Is this mainline Yakuza games or its own thing?
It takes place after the events of Yakuza 8, and references events from that story. Just like Kiryu got his own Gaiden [Side Story] last year; this is Majima's.

Just as the events of Kiryu's Gaiden working into Yakuza 8, it would not at all be surprising if the events of this game were referenced or incorporated into a future "mainline" Yakuza game.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I love Yakuza, and I love the funny side as well. This is so wild and yet I know I'm going to love it. Day one for me

I appreciate that Sega are taking the franchise to new absurd heights instead of trying to do 'somber' releases. Play to the strengths of the franchise.

Raven117

Long Live Yakuza.

Why not just lean the eff in to some absurd fun? So many "AAA" games take themselves so freakin seriously.

Last edited:
Top Bottom