• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Likes now private on X, formerly Twitter

cormack12

Gold Member
kG6e9IS.jpeg

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Just saw this. I don't really use it so probably old news

Denton

I think better solution would be keeping it visible by default but letting people hide it if they want. But this is still better then them being public and unhideable, given how many sociopaths and psychopathic stalkers are online.

...actually, if they were hidden only by choice, then those who would hide them would be judged and harassed (in some countries even by ruling regimes) so maybe that would not be ideal either

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
You could already hide your likes tab if you subscribed to premium before.

Loads of popular accounts like things as a way to share content with the other loads of people who check out what accounts are liking… so good luck with those engagement numbers after this.

DKehoe

Whats now the difference between a like and a bookmark? Is it just about shaping your for you feed?

Drew1440

You could already hide your likes tab if you subscribed to premium before.

Loads of popular accounts like things as a way to share content with the other loads of people who check out what accounts are liking… so good luck with those engagement numbers after this.
Can't they just retweet that instead?

ShadowNate

A good change way overdue.

Twitter was never intended for the kind of scrutiny and stalking of likes and follows that the lunatic folk abused it for.

It can't go back to the innocent years, but anything that can hinder or stop the unhinged mobs is welcome.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
A great way for Elon to make people feel more comfortable about sharing more data and that data be more precise and less guarded, imo.

How happy you are about that data being stored forever by twitter is probably one to ask yourself.

Personally, I got rid of twitter a long time ago.

Griffon

Must be a marketing/political decision, the same as removing dislikes from youtube.
Likes numbers on tweets are still visible, it's the personal Likes button press history of users that's now hidden (and thinking about, it's absolutely insane that it was visible to everyone to begin with).

Last edited:
Top Bottom