• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Likes now private on X, formerly Twitter

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Getting fired for a like was one of the most pathetic cowardly actions imaginable. And it has happened unfortunately. There are some things in life that just warrant an ass kicking. Saying "Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays" and pushing for someone to be fired for their likes are among those on the list. I don't really care about this move much, it doesn't affect me, but it takes a tool from the intimidate people into compliance toolkit away from the Cancel Brigade. So at the very least, I don't see how this is a loss and could be an objectively positive move. What kinda dork combs through someone's likes for reasons not looking to get outraged anyway?

As an aside, X is such a stupid name for a company and I'll never call it that. Sorry, Elon.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Must be a marketing/political decision, the same as removing dislikes from youtube.
Now people can't be stalked, targeted and harassed (cancelled) because they liked a meme or post.

Amount of likes are still shown, just the individuals who liked it are now hidden. It's not the same as removing the dislike button because a certain admin was getting ratioed 100 to 1 with each cringe agenda push.

Last edited:
Top Bottom