• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

Type40

Douglas Bogart‏ @LimitedRunDoug 2 okt.
Saddens me to see so many previous Vita people completely shed their love and are 100% Switch now. Why not both?

Vita's been dead for a long time. I haven't seen a new system on store shelves in over 2 years.

Saddens me to see so many previous Vita people completely shed their love and are 100% Switch now. Why not both?

Remember "maybe our Vita game didn't sell out immediately because everyone's already Switched" a few months ago (or something to that effect?)

Seems like a repeat of that :p

Clive

I mean, give me something good to play on it and I will. It's just that the good Vita games have dried up or have significantly better versions on PS4 or Switch. I didn't buy bad PS3 ports in 2014 either when its successor had launched. I'm not into visual novels or anime girls either.

Why shed my love for the Vita? It has no gaems. I'm sick of the bad ports and inferior versions. I've played the good Vita games and the future looks empty. The Switch takes care of my portable needs and I have other devices for home use. I can play better games on other consoles and I can play Vita games better on them too.

I can totally understand those who are hardcore collectors for it or have needs for trophies/Sony/better portability sticking around but that's not me.

i-Jest

I mean, give me something good to play on it and I will. It's just that the good Vita games have dried up or have significantly better versions on PS4 or Switch. I didn't buy bad PS3 ports in 2014 either when its successor had launched. I'm not into visual novels or anime girls either.

Why shed my love for the Vita? It has no gaems. I'm sick of the bad ports and inferior versions. I've played the good Vita games and the future looks empty. The Switch takes care of my portable needs and I have other devices for home use. I can play better games on other consoles and I can play Vita games better on them too.

I can totally understand those who are hardcore collectors for it or have needs for trophies/Sony/better portability sticking around but that's not me.

Fair enough and I get it. Vita doesn't get a lot of support these days, and what little support it gets is drying up or doesn't appeal to some users. Switch does for you what Vita can't. I get it and that's fine.

Their Vita releases keep selling out, don't they? Seems like they just want to justify dropping some releases and putting the blame on "the users"

Their Vita releases keep selling out, don't they? Seems like they just want to justify dropping some releases and putting the blame on "the users"

Definitely slowed down compared to what it used to be in the beginning. Vita was always selling faster and a bit more than PS4. Now it's the other way around. But yeah, it still appears like they are selling out most of the time.

Nyoro SF

Did it actually ship? I got a notice 15 days ago now and it still hasn't moved beyond the label being printed.

I checked the tracking number after 24 hours and it said shipping label created. So not out of the woods yet.

I assume that they're printing the shipping labels all at once and and sending them out as a big bundle to everyone.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

That's quite the accusation. They've already officially stated several times that they have no plans to drop Vita until they run out of possible titles to put out.

This is just due to the overwhelming praise and fandom of Switch, with tons of port-begging, every new game that gets released on other consoles etc. Much more Switch talk than Vita online now, basically. Not sure where you make the assumption of it being a business decision, it's just a personal opinion :/

That's quite the accusation. They've already officially stated several times that they have no plans to drop Vita until they run out of possible titles to put out.

This is just due to the overwhelming praise and fandom of Switch, with tons of port-begging, every new game that gets released on other consoles etc. Much more Switch talk than Vita online now, basically. Not sure where you make the assumption of it being a business decision, it's just a personal opinion :/

Sorry if it came out that way, I just find it a weird statement when their releases keep selling out in minutes. Some older releases like one way heroics actually took longer I think.

Olengie

Guess I'll be skipping next week for sure.
did they really not fix that? isn't the whole god damn point of spending $15 on shipping so that we don't get hit with customs charges?

Nope. If I remember correctly, Shizuka had to pay $170 in custom charges

Olengie

DLU1YVHXUAEcyS7.jpg

Along with Absolute Drift.

Saoshyant

Shizuka had to pay $170 in custom charges

Shizuka is in Brazil. Taxes for foreign electronics there are ridiculous and a $15 shipping fee would likely not cover it. Look at the crazy calculations here. The country itself may not even have an easy way to deal with prepaid customs in the first place -- though that's speculation on my part.

I don't think anyone else is having issues with customs. Even I, which had one order out of like twenty, get stuck once due to Assendia's incompetence when they came into the scene got that sorted out eventually and, since then, they have been doing things properly. And my country's customs are a nightmare to deal with and corrupt as hell.

Semoreh

DLU1YVHXUAEcyS7.jpg

Along with Absolute Drift.

Argh ! I just came back from a travel to the US where I bought Indiebox's Chariot at a Gamestop T_T
It was $4.97 but still. I always need to resell the PC version when a ps4 one is announced.

(Oh, by the way, Papy's dying : Indiebox is ending its subscription based business. Not enough growth I guess. The PC demand is not dynamic enough, and really when you compared their success to Limited Run's it was kinda sad. Good news is I'll save a little money and I won't have to worry about these Indiebox games going PS4 ^^)

Shizuka

did they really not fix that? isn't the whole god damn point of spending $15 on shipping so that we don't get hit with customs charges?

The full price was declared on the package. Alas, I spent a lot more money with the hold shipment service than I would had I gotten every game shipped separately.

chashodges

Neo Member
I'm waiting on a large hold order. From what I understand, all games are now on hand. I opened a support ticket to check the status of the pile and was told 'it can't ship until we receive Ys CE' even though I placed that order after I released my hold stockpile.

Ticket was closed straight away, and although I left a reply I'm not sure it will be acknowledged since for all intents and purposes the issue is marked as 'solved'.

Do I open another or just wait and see? Looking forward to seeing if I get hit for import tax too. Looking at nearly $300 worth of games here.

mr lurtle

Were there any more import tax "incidents" or has it been adressed? I have more than 20 games on hold and now I'm afraid to release them :p

Those are the only LRG releases before the 20th right?

If so, no purchases before payday for me. Which is a good thing since I couldn't really afford it anyway!

dgco86

Were there any more import tax "incidents" or has it been adressed? I have more than 20 games on hold and now I'm afraid to release them :p

I had to pay import tax plus a handling fee on a large hold order exceeding the Singaporean threshold for import tax, but I'm not sure if that really counts as an issue per se.

JDH

Still waiting for my held order to be shipped. It included Ys Origins, so I guess that's why the delay. Hopefully within the next week otherwise I think I'll have to open a ticket :/

Semoreh

Might have to do with the little 'E' symbol in the bottom corner :/

I can't find that price on an "official" channel. And even if the rating costs some money I don't think it can have a $10 impact on each game sold ^^

Unrelated, but finished Bard's Gold today. Very indie (only one developper) but satisfying. I enjoyed it :)

Top Bottom