• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

Tom_Molecule's post on LBW.

They'll be some official news soon on launch day DLC, but you already know that the Spacesuit will be available, because we already told you that it's available with every new big LBP game launch.

Spacesuit and somthing new for LBP2?

Ranger X

Launch DLC? lolol

They could even have faked that it couldn't be included with the game by at least releasing it a couple of weeks after launch, if only by respect for those who finds this insulting.

Shurs

Ranger X said:
Launch DLC? lolol

They could even have faked that it couldn't be included with the game by at least releasing it a couple of weeks after launch, if only by respect for those who finds this insulting.

Outfits.

Who cares?

Ranger X

Shurs said:
Outfits.

Who cares?

It's more for the principle of it. I don't really mind persoanlly because it's a game where I will buy alot of DLC (and now including costumes because it's useful for Sackbots now.)

Ranger X said:
It's more for the principle of it. I don't really mind persoanlly because it's a game where I will buy alot of DLC (and now including costumes because it's useful for Sackbots now.)
first week shirt obviously. $4.99.

Gacha-pin

_,. < ̄ ̄ ヽ
     y<         ヽ
    |         ●   ヽ
    |  ●       '.   _
      V        _,.イ’| 、/ヾ y、
.     V    _,. -''"   / Y ヾy
        V ’ ̄      /   />、_/
         ー───y(-y< メ^ /
               / |卩! ヽー'´
                ハ :|O|: \
              /  Vー'ゝt  \
             r⊂⌒Y⌒ヽ =|「ノ⌒ヽ,
            ̄ノ_  | ー''\ _ヽ
       {__ ノ      V_/

i didn't see this was mentioned other than that ugly sackboy. :lol

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/01/11/pulse-111-out-today-new-games-and-videos-for-the-new-year/

g7v11.jpg

Toyoto sponsoring free xmb theme, a prius theme level. collect items in the level and then upload a level with said item to community and win "very cool prizes".

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
DMPrince said:
Ugly Sackboy

Is that Sackboy a person in a costume?

Ranger X said:
Launch DLC? lolol

Im going to assume it will be a t-shirt with LBP2 on it, nothing to get upset over, just a thanks for people who pay full price for the game, if its something they are charging for its more annoying

sarcoa

I haven't read other reviews yet, not something I like doing before I write mine, but the humor in this game can't be understated. The first LBP boasted plenty of British cheekyness, but LBP 2's insane concepts filtered through multiple players reaches new levels of hilarity. All of us piloting
all the robotic animals in 4-1
nearly made my friends and I pass out from laughing. It's just so ridiculous. Kudos to MM for figuring out the funny button.

Ranger X said:
Launch DLC? lolol

These outfits DLCs is actually another business all together for them. They've been pulling them out in LBP like crazy. And tbh, I'm cool with it, as long as it's just stuff that add absolutely nothing to gameplay and it's basically just for show. If people wanna spend money on that, then more power to them.

Ranger X said:
Launch DLC? lolol

You realize the game has been gold for a while now. Do you think that MM has just been sitting around with their thumbs up their asses waiting for the game to come out?

Kintaco

TheSeks said:
There's a demo for both on PSN. I suggest downloading it. And if you like it, buy LBP1 GotY and get Pirates of the Carribean's DLC after. All the stuff you get in LBP1 transfers to LBP2.
Well thanks for that, I had no idea. I'll check them out.

Has MM talked about any way of "exporting" the LBP1 story levels into LBP2? I know all my DLC levels will work, but what about the story ones?

Ranger X

Blu_LED said:
You realize the game has been gold for a while now. Do you think that MM has just been sitting around with their thumbs up their asses waiting for the game to come out?

Do you think DLC doesn't need to get approved? I know very well how game devellopment work (6+ years in QA here) and normally all the stuff available day1 is sent together for approval or really really close. There's not much room. However, costumes don't take months to make. They probably can pull them out and get them approved before the game is released.

And the story mode levels from LBP1 will stay unique to LBP1.

W Hudson

Just pre-ordered from Amazon today, great deal considering that I had $20 in promotional dollars to knock off the price.

Gotta give credit to GAF for introducing me to the first game, I read about the LittleBigContra levels online, which instantly piqued my interest. After seeing the online videos of it and the amazing job that everyone did, I went out and bought the game (and registered on GAF). Its a game I still play today, and is one of my 3 favorites this gen.

With the additions in the sequel, I can only imagine the crazy things that the community will come up with.

ijed said:
Q: Can you use the level link portals to go to other sections of the same level or link it back to itself so it resets the level?
Within the level, nope. I don't know about linking it to itself though. That'd be an interesting thing to do if it worked.

netguy503

DMPrince said:
i didn't see this was mentioned other than that ugly sackboy. :lol

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/01/11/pulse-111-out-today-new-games-and-videos-for-the-new-year/

g7v11.jpg

Toyoto sponsoring free xmb theme, a prius theme level. collect items in the level and then upload a level with said item to community and win "very cool prizes".

I actually think I played that car level in LBP1(or something verrrrrrrry close to it). Watching the short clip on Pulse it also looks like a LBP1. And they are only giving away a XMB theme, it's not like a dynamic theme. I'll stick to my LBP1 dynamic theme thank you (which was the first one released and STILL hasn't been topped-that's sad).

And why isn't this on Justin.tv :( Only 6 days until launch ( 5 if I get it through Amazon's release day shipping, GOD I hope you guys are right about that).

Ranger X

donkey show said:
Within the level, nope. I don't know about linking it to itself though. That'd be an interesting thing to do if it worked.

Got me thinking that I can't believe MM didn't give us a true teleport function. Now we have to still kill the player of shift Sackbots...

Ranger X said:
Got me thinking that I can't believe MM didn't give us a true teleport function. Now we have to still kill the player of shift Sackbots...
Nah, killing isn't necessary. I've worked out a pretty interesting and simple way of doing it when working out a "checkpoint" system without the actual checkpoints.

netguy503 said:
I actually think I played that car level in LBP1(or something verrrrrrrry close to it). Watching the short clip on Pulse it also looks like a LBP1. And they are only giving away a XMB theme, it's not like a dynamic theme. I'll stick to my LBP1 dynamic theme thank you (which was the first one released and STILL hasn't been topped-that's sad).

And why isn't this on Justin.tv :( Only 6 days until launch ( 5 if I get it through Amazon's release day shipping, GOD I hope you guys are right about that).
well the game is street dated for the 18th. Gamestop should have it next week or already have it on friday. you should say "Ashley called me to come pick it up" like on the 17th around the afternoon time when UPS drops off packages :lol works everytime.

Ranger X

donkey show said:
Nah, killing isn't necessary. I've worked out a pretty interesting and simple way of doing it when working out a "checkpoint" system without the actual checkpoints.

You can do it easily without killing Sackboy and without using Sackbots? If it's the case I'd like to know how. Anyways, it's not a real teleport function/tool if we have to make it. I thought it would have been basic enough so they'd do it for us. (you know, in my dreams lol)

Ranger X

slipknot2009 said:
Does anyone have any more information on the Move support LBP2 is going to have? I'm not finding a lot of information.

LBP2 is having a "move mode" if I can put it that way. It's another story mode that only plays with the move and it's called "Prehistoric Moves".
So right now, Move stuff doesn't interfere in any way with the main game and you can't create a level with move stuff in it. It has been said however that MM might implement the move for your creations down the road.

slipknot2009

Neo Member
Ranger X said:
LBP2 is having a "move mode" if I can put it that way. It's another story mode that only plays with the move and it's called "Prehistoric Moves".
So right now, Move stuff doesn't interfere in any way with the main game and you can't create a level with move stuff in it. It has been said however that MM might implement the move for your creations down the road.

Thanks for the heads up! Sounds interesting.

user friendly said:
http://i.imgur.com/weUPp.jpg

That was at the Toronto PS event. My young one wasn't too keen on him either plus his head almost fell off when he leaned forward.[/QUOTE]

dont let it play with your kids it will not end well

[IMG]http://www.dehora.net/journal/frankenstein.jpg

US PS blog

In celebration of the January 18th launch of LittleBigPlanet 2, we’ll be partnering with Guinness World Records next week to set five new records over a three-day period. Beginning on January 17th and going through January 19th, a small team of dedicated LBP fans will take over the PlayStation Lounge at the Sony Style store in New York City to set new gaming records and earn their place in history. If you’re in New York and would like to come check it out, feel free to drop by:

PlayStation Lounge at the Sony Style store
550 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022

The Guinness World Records to be set include:

1.Longest marathon playing LittleBigPlanet 2
2.Longest marathon playing a platform video game
3.Most video game genres played in one video game in 24 hours
4.Most user-generated video game levels played in 24 hours
5.Most user-generated video game levels played in a marathon
LittleBigPlanet 2 will also be recognized for the following records:

1.Most gaming genres in one video game
2.Most player-created levels in one video game

If you can’t make it down, no worries, we’ll be LIVE streaming our World Record Event online right here on the PlayStation.Blog. Stay tuned for our unprecedented schedule of LittleBigPlanet 2 goodness hosted by Veronica Belmont from Qore and our own Jeff Rubenstein. Check in and watch the live action, interviews from anyone and everyone who loves Sackboy, and behind-the-scenes access with Media Molecule, plus tons more. You can even help us decide on which games to play next or tweet in your questions to anyone at the event. Whether it’s watching our fans staying up playing LBP2 into the wee hours of the night, checking out the Subway lunch break, or enjoying the back and forth banter of our LIVE event, we promise a good time. Want more details? Click here.

This record setting event also commemorates the release of the Guinness World Records 2011 Gamer’s Edition, the latest chronicle of video gaming history. LittleBigPlanet looms large in this year’s edition of the book with the game’s main character lovable, stitched-together main character, Sackboy, gracing the book’s cover and a bevy of facts and records cited within its pages. Known as the “Video Game Bible,” the fourth and latest edition of the popular series comes packed with 90% new or updated records and 750 never-before-seen amazing images appealing to everyone from hard-core gaming veterans to first time gamers and families. The Guinness World Records 2011 Gamer’s Edition will be available on January 20th for $14.99.

already post but tell you more :) oh and this too

Hi all! You may remember last year when we first introduced the 7-Eleven/God of War III program at 7-Eleven stores around the U.S. We received a great response, and we’re back today with an exciting update for you. As I’m sure some of you may have seen, Slurpee has teamed up once again with PlayStation to give the Slurpee treatment to two of this year’s most anticipated titles: LittleBigPlanet 2 and Killzone 3.

In the coming weeks you’ll be able to find exclusive LittleBigPlanet 2 and Killzone 3 Slurpee cups at 7-Eleven stores around the U.S. These cups have already made their way into many 7-Eleven stores, but for those of you who haven’t had the chance to get your hands on them yet, take a quick look at what you can expect above.

Each week, from now through March 30, you can stop by any participating 7-Eleven store to quench your thirst, collect one of these limited cups and with them, a Slurpee Rewards promotional code that can be redeemed at Slurpee.com. From now through February 15th, we’ll be flooding Slurpee.com with more of what you want – exclusive LittleBigPlanet 2 and Slurpee-themed content, including a behind-the-scenes look at the making of LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBigPlanet ringtones, wallpaper for your cell and PC, exclusive sticker packs, strategy guides and more!

Here’s a peek at some of the content that’s already available, as well as some that’s still to come:

5347294437_a29202f4f9.jpg

LittleBigPlanet 2 PS3 Dynamic Theme

Killzone 3 PC Wallpaper

LittleBigPlanet 2 Killzone Mini-Pack (same as lbp1 I think tell me if im wrong)

LittleBigPlanet 2 Strategy Guide by BradyGames

Also, be sure to check back in early February as we reveal the lineup of the exclusive Killzone 3 content that will be available beginning in February and maybe even another Slurpee flavor especially created with Killzone fans in mind.

netguy503

DMPrince said:
well the game is street dated for the 18th. Gamestop should have it next week or already have it on friday. you should say "Ashley called me to come pick it up" like on the 17th around the afternoon time when UPS drops off packages :lol works everytime.

then I'd have to pay for it twice?! I'm not that desperate. Besides, I have alot to do this weekend so hopefully the time will just fly by.:D

I have a question on the 24 hour NYC stream event. Will that be archived anywhere? Or can someone with a Justin.tv account or the like watch the broadcast on your channel so that the event can be archived for everyone please? I ask because I really want to watch all 24 hours but I may miss an hour or two here and there because of life obligations. It's just a thought and something everyone in this thread I'm sure is interested in. Thanks.

sarcoa

Damn. I was wondering where all my unlocked LBP stuff was and then I remembered my save file was copied (from a backup, my 60gig died a year ago). Probably old news but I didn't know it ignored copied save files.

At least it imported all of my paid DLC :lol

netguy503

sarcoa said:
Damn. I was wondering where all my unlocked LBP stuff was and then I remembered my save file was copied (from a backup, my 60gig died a year ago). Probably old news but I didn't know it ignored copied save files.

At least it imported all of my paid DLC :lol

Don't you have a Justin.tv account? :)

Def Jukie

I know that any DLC you purchased in the first game carries over but do all the other items, costumes and whatnot you unlocked carry over to the second?

netguy503 said:
then I'd have to pay for it twice?! I'm not that desperate. Besides, I have alot to do this weekend so hopefully the time will just fly by.:D

I have a question on the 24 hour NYC stream event. Will that be archived anywhere? Or can someone with a Justin.tv account or the like watch the broadcast on your channel so that the event can be archived for everyone please? I ask because I really want to watch all 24 hours but I may miss an hour or two here and there because of life obligations. It's just a thought and something everyone in this thread I'm sure is interested in. Thanks.
well blog has said they'll be a live stream. they've used justin.tv before. i think it's perfect for proof if they want to set records. so basically they'll be playing LBP1 levels on january 17th? are we sure the beta levels aren't going to be erased? i think they shouldn't be cheating by playing LBP1 levels in LBP2.

Top Bottom