• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

sarcoa

netguy503 said:
Don't you have a Justin.tv account? :)
I thought about streaming it via my shitty netbook webcam but I doubt anyone would want to watch me mess around in create mode. Already finished the 'story' and it's fantastic.

We do have some videocapturing software and I'll probably upload some footage in a day or two. 4-1, the first time you play it with friends, is one of the coolest levels ever.

ijed

donkey show said:
Within the level, nope. I don't know about linking it to itself though. That'd be an interesting thing to do if it worked.

Cool yeah just an idea that I thought might solve the problem of having to move checkpoints around and link different parts of the same level together without needing an elevator or connection.

I dunno if I'm more excited about LBP2 story levels or being able to play all these new user levels. Will all the one's already uploaded during the beta carry over?

Also has the Sony vs Marvel vs Capcom level ben posted yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-AdUZeuxYc
Awesome if he makes it 2-player :)

Ranger X

Def Jukie said:
I know that any DLC you purchased in the first game carries over but do all the other items, costumes and whatnot you unlocked carry over to the second?

Yup. Everything does.

DMPrince said:
well blog has said they'll be a live stream. they've used justin.tv before. i think it's perfect for proof if they want to set records. so basically they'll be playing LBP1 levels on january 17th? are we sure the beta levels aren't going to be erased? i think they shouldn't be cheating by playing LBP1 levels in LBP2.
Well, it looks to be longer than 24 hours considering the event is from the 17th to the 19th. Second, it also looks as if the beta levels will be played considering they're pictured on the main page: http://gamingworldrecord.ign.com/

netguy503 said:
Were that many LBP2 BETA levels even made this go around (since people knew they wouldn't transfer over)?
Oh there's more than enough. :D

And now that we've been given the green light... Jaeyden, Lugey from the Tester, and myself will be the ones at that event attempting to get those records next week. See y'all on the stream! =P

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
canadian crowe said:
So I'm going to have to buy lbp again to get the create materials?

Rent it and use the cheat code, you can get most of the create stuff that way, but yes.

It sucks for those of us that 100% trophied and collected all the stuff in the game. Only to have our saves get ate/gone due to PS3 fuckups. Really stupid on MM part, I hope they release/patch LBP1 with a code for 100%. Giving everyone the items from LBP1 doesn't hurt anyone. :|

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I've lost two nearly complete LBP1 saves, which totally sucks. I still have LBP1 so I guess I could go back and unlock it all, but why bother.

As long as I can import my costume from LBP1, I'm set. I have a Catboy costume that I always use and I'll definitely want it for LBP2.

5 days ~

TheSeks said:
Rent it and use the cheat code, you can get most of the create stuff that way, but yes.

It sucks for those of us that 100% trophied and collected all the stuff in the game. Only to have our saves get ate/gone due to PS3 fuckups. Really stupid on MM part, I hope they release/patch LBP1 with a code for 100%. Giving everyone the items from LBP1 doesn't hurt anyone. :|
glad i didn't 100% it yet :lol.

Ranger X

donkey show said:
Oh there's more than enough. :D

And now that we've been given the green light... Jaeyden, Lugey from the Tester, and myself will be the ones at that event attempting to get those records next week. See y'all on the stream! =P

Oh nice! You mean for the LBP2 marathon?

TheSeks

DMPrince said:

Yeah, I'm extremely pissed as I have to get two-three others for the 4x stuff and redo the story levels and stickers and ace them. SMH. :/

Ranger X said:
Oh nice! You mean for the LBP2 marathon?
Yup, we'll be the ones staying up for more than two days doing the marathon. :D

I'm just glad I accrued enough paid time off from work to do this right after I had taken a nearly 3 week vacation just a couple weeks ago. :lol

Squishy

TheSeks said:

There's a cheat code to unlock things? How much does it unlock?

I have almost every object in the game, but can't get the last few prize bubbles due to needing four players (I don't have that many controllers, and the online when I last played was barely capable of supporting 2 people let alone 4 without major lag and disconnections). There's also a couple of levels I need to ace, but I don't have the patience for that.

A code for 100% would be very nice for someone like me, as long as it still gives me the opportunity to get the trophies myself.

Ranger X

donkey show said:
Yup, we'll be the ones staying up for more than two days doing the marathon. :D

I'm just glad I accrued enough paid time off from work to do this right after I had taken a nearly 3 week vacation just a couple weeks ago. :lol

haha nice ;)
Anyways, even if you had to eat bread only for a couple of days, its so cool do to the marathon...

Ranger X said:
haha nice ;)
Anyways, even if you had to eat bread only for a couple of days, its so cool do to the marathon...
Haha no doubt. It was really cool of them to send the invite my way. Although, it's been ages since I've tried to stay awake for more than 24 hours. Dunno if my old bones can hang anymore!

But hey, 2/3 GAF representatives for the record. :D

D-Pad

Aw man can't wait for this!! :D I justp layed a user's level in the PSP version: You had to go back and forth in time to find your son. It was genius! I haven't been following LBP2 that much but I watched a couple of beta vids and whooooooo-whee!

If I had the money I would pick up the CE, but I don't so I have Ma sewing me up some Sackboys.

Gravijah

Snuggler said:
this

Get LBP2, brutha, it's gonna be awesome. Plus, that way we can play together. I'll be on like every day.

You know, someone will probably end up making Gran Turismo 5 in LBP2 anyway..

mclem

DMPrince said:

I aced The Bunker last night. I might just be able to 100% the game by LBP2's release if I have a bit of luck finding partners over the weekend.

netguy503

mclem said:
I aced The Bunker last night. I might just be able to 100% the game by LBP2's release if I have a bit of luck finding partners over the weekend.

I'll partner with you if you want? Are we still having a GAF LBP1 sendoff night(s)?

Stampy

Gacha-pin said:
Does carry over thing work on a different region's copy? want LBP bookends :(

Be careful, DLC content is region locked.

Edit: BTW, for those who are already fiddling with the creation aspect of the retail version of the game, how substantial is the instrument library for the music maker when compared to the beta?

TheSeks

Gacha-pin said:
Does carry over thing work on a different region's copy? want LBP bookends :(

If you want the bookends, import. But if you want your content: Don't import. DLC is region locked.

netguy said:
Are we still having a GAF LBP1 sendoff night(s)?

I'd like to do that this weekend if you guys can help me ace the levels and 2/3/4X co-op parts. :lol It's been a year since I've played LBP1 because of how pissed I was about my save being ate.

mclem

I like the idea, would far rather run with GAFfers than randoms. Mind you, how bad is the international netcode these days? I'm in Europe, and I recall massive lag issues when trying to play online a while back.

(How exactly does acing work in multiplayer? Is it only if *you* don't die? Or if *one* player doesn't die? Or if no-one dies? It strikes me that most levels would be easier to ace solo if it's the lattermost)

AndyD

aka andydumi
lawblob said:
Any deals on this game anywhere? Only looking for standard version.

Preordered with release day delivery at amazon. Got the ratchet and clank outfits plus the 4 animal outfits which are quite cool.

Helped I had some game credit from GT5 and other stuff, so ended up paying 27 bucks.

CozMick

Banned
What a fucking joke, the only place to get the Jak and Daxter costumes is Play.com and they ain't even stocking the Collectors Edition.

I fucking despise pre-order bonuses, worst thing to happen to gaming!!!

Ranger X

CozMick said:
What a fucking joke, the only place to get the Jak and Daxter costumes is Play.com and they ain't even stocking the Collectors Edition.

Yeah but at the same time it's just a costume. You could also blame yourself for wanting those small things. Your impulsive consuming habits. It's smart to capitalise on this from a certain point of view. You don't need the Jak and Daxter costume to have the same LBP2 experience and fun times that I will have.

netguy503

CozMick said:

I bet it would be REALLY easy to make a Jak and Daxter costume in LBP2. Hell, it was easy in LBP1.

CozMick said:

give it some time it will pop up on psn later but cant CE costumes coming to psn

This is a must own title. The first one is the only Pre-2010 title I still play somewhat regularly. You will get your moneys worth. Too bad there isnt more Move support or 3D on launch. Hopefully that will come later.

Top Bottom