• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

For people that have aced lbp 1: am I missing essential costumes and characters by not beating lbp? Like will I not be able to create a western if I don't play through it?

Ranger X said:
Yeah but at the same time it's just a costume. You could also blame yourself for wanting those small things. Your impulsive consuming habits. It's smart to capitalise on this from a certain point of view. You don't need the Jak and Daxter costume to have the same LBP2 experience and fun times that I will have.

What if you want to create a Jak&Daxter themed level and of course let the players use sackbots dressed as the main characters?

This kind of preorder bs just SUCKS. Btw is game/gameplay really the only one of the UK shops offering the CE? Because they seem to offer no preorder bonus of any kind...

To make things worse, I wanted to pre-order the new upcoming Sackboy plushies (to partly rebuild the US CE :p ) but only play.com has them AND won't ship them outside of the UK, WTF.

@savegame: I already consider myself lazy but I do back them up every few months, no one can take my 100% (including the two main level addons) LBP1 savegame away from me :)
I use the same external HDD I have for media stuff on the PS3 and once you have copied all your savegames for the first time (which is a chore because you can't copy multiple at once), you only have to copy the few new/updated ones (= everything past the date of the newest savegame on the external HDD, it's sorted that way automatically in the non-folder view).

Speaking of plushies, anybody want one of these two (not the move controllers =p)?

2010septpickups03.jpg

No strings attached, I'm in a good mood. First two to post about one or the other gets 'em. :D

AndyD

aka andydumi
canadian crowe said:
For people that have aced lbp 1: am I missing essential costumes and characters by not beating lbp? Like will I not be able to create a western if I don't play through it?

Playing through the first one gets you items, costumes and stickers from its various themes. All those carry over to the second game which I assume will have its own items/costumes/stickers for its own different themes.

So for example the India/Middle East and the Russia/Siberia themes in the first have some pretty unique items and costumes that I doubt will show up in the second one.

Your best bet is to get the first one, play it through without killing yourself to ace it, and then migrate your profile to the second game. Acing nets you some neat stuff, but the bulk of items and costumes some from playing in general.

DMPrince and boredofcanada get their respective plushies. I actually think I have an extra one for SaitoH, but I have to wait until I get back home to confirm.

But yeah, no Move for you DM. =P

NullPointer said:
Where did you get those? They're awesome.

These ones were given to me, but I already have the whole set. :lol You can buy them at Amazon though.

canadiancrowe

Neo Member
AndyD said:
Playing through the first one gets you items, costumes and stickers from its various themes. All those carry over to the second game which I assume will have its own items/costumes/stickers for its own different themes.

So for example the India/Middle East and the Russia/Siberia themes in the first have some pretty unique items and costumes that I doubt will show up in the second one.

Your best bet is to get the first one, play it through without killing yourself to ace it, and then migrate your profile to the second game. Acing nets you some neat stuff, but the bulk of items and costumes some from playing in general.

Thanks. I just ordered the GOTY off of Ebay for 15. Not bad. Do you know if I can play them in tandem, or do I have to import my whole profile to LBP2 and I'm stuck with what I've unlocked already? It would be stupid to do it that way, but I also thought it was stupid to lock saves...

AndyD

aka andydumi
canadiancrowe said:
Thanks. I just ordered the GOTY off of Ebay for 15. Not bad. Do you know if I can play them in tandem, or do I have to import my whole profile to LBP2 and I'm stuck with what I've unlocked already? It would be stupid to do it that way, but I also thought it was stupid to lock saves...

The multi-import thing is a good question.

I think once I imported the old one, the new one had that option grayed out. But I did not go back to play more on the first then retry to re-import/update.

I gave away the first already so I can't try it out. But it would be good to know. I think though after playing the first for a few days or so you can get most anything. You can really power through all the regular levels in a few hours if you are really good.

Ranger X

SolidusDave said:
What if you want to create a Jak&Daxter themed level and of course let the players use sackbots dressed as the main characters?
This kind of preorder bs just SUCKS.

I still think it is futile harmless stuff. The day they will put something that matters in the game as a pre-order bonus I will rage. Like if the grappling hook was Gamestop only or shit like that. But just costumes?? there's a shockton of ideas you will have while creating in the game, your idea of Jak And Daxter level doesn't matter much. And you still can do it without the costume anyways. Some people created convincing Jak costumes in LBP1 already.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I wish we had a sackboy decoration mode where it zooms in on him and makes him full screen for dressup and costume design.

Modnation Racers style with layers, colors, stickers... a full creation studio.

AndyD said:
The multi-import thing is a good question.

I think once I imported the old one, the new one had that option grayed out. But I did not go back to play more on the first then retry to re-import/update.

I gave away the first already so I can't try it out. But it would be good to know. I think though after playing the first for a few days or so you can get most anything. You can really power through all the regular levels in a few hours if you are really good.
On the official forums somebody asked about importing and the (unofficial) response was that it automatically detects changes in your original save file and you can re-import. The only question that remains is will it erase your lbp2 save if you re-import? I'm hoping not.

Stantron

So has it been confirmed that in order to play a community level which uses DLC, you will need to buy said DLC? That's what it seems like from watching the Sony vs Marvel vs Capcom video. If so, that's a real bummer. If I make a level with an item from a DLC pack that only 30% of the community owns, that automatically limits how popular my level will be.

darkwing

Stantron said:
So has it been confirmed that in order to play a community level which uses DLC, you will need to buy said DLC? That's what it seems like from watching the Sony vs Marvel vs Capcom video. If so, that's a real bummer. If I make a level with an item from a DLC pack that only 30% of the community owns, that automatically limits how popular my level will be.

thats not how it works, only for the Create mode you need the DLC

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
r4z4 said:
Any news on the soundtrack yet? The music in LBP was awesome.

I haven't heard anything of it aside from the tracks in the beta/demo story levels, but this is one of the aspects of LBP2 that I'm most excited for. LBP1 has my favorite soundtrack ever, and one of the only ones that I can actually listen to outside of the game. Plus, I discovered a lot of cool international artists thanks to it. Can't wait to see what they've got in the sequel.

~excite~

Ranger X

AndyD said:
I wish we had a sackboy decoration mode where it zooms in on him and makes him full screen for dressup and costume design.

You basically have this already in LBP1. You can zoom on sackboy and then make him immobile, turn him around, etc.

I don't remember how however.

Stantron said:

:lol its never been like that where did you hear that bull? you have to own dlc if you want to use it for your own levels anyone can play any level without owning the dlc the level use. it have alway been that way

Stantron said:
Every patch that goes live everyone gets the same content. Meaning you can play any level regardless if you don't own that DLC. But if you want to use the the stuff people used in their level pay up.

And I hope amazon charges my card so I can know that it's being prepared to ship :lol.

Don't really get why they do that. They did it with LBP1 and LBP PSP if I recall correctly. It's a special item, supposed to be a thanks for being an early adopter, but it costs money. A lot of money. Makes no sense.

Don't really care. I'm getting a ton of "free" costumes from the CE.

AndyD

aka andydumi
alr1ghtstart said:
:lol :lol :lol 5 bucks. I remember getting tons of weekly free costumes.

yep.. I wish they would go back and make all those "outfits" and not just pieces. So much easier to swap in/out. Particularly when friends come over and want to check out stuff.

Dug

Banned
As I see it, the Week 1 T-Shirt is for fans who would go all the way for LBP (since MM is also giving away the Astronaut Costume for free)

Blu_LED said:
Is that the same exact Spacesuit from LBP1? They really couldn't whip up a new free suit for the LBP2 launch?

:lol you have no idea how much Mm have been aked over and over for it back. lol and its the T-shirt youll not see back

LBP 1 Day 1 T-Shirt never made it to the american PSN, when SONY and MM were questioned about it they were really vague and the best they could say was "licencing issues" which is a very weird problem to have for a digital good created by themselves.

NullPointer said:
It should be $5.99, just so we could say FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE DOLLARS PENNIES!
You guys call them pennies too? Mind blown.

I still can't wait to have my sleep cycle and diet completely ruined by this game :D 1 more week to go !! ! ! ! !

Mechanical Snowman said:
You guys call them pennies too? Mind blown.

I still can't wait to have my sleep cycle and diet completely ruined by this game :D 1 more week to go !! ! ! ! !
more like 5 more days to go.

You can buy a shirt in real life for 5 bucks. So, no thanks. Just give me LBP2 and a whole lot of Move packs like Prehistoric Moves and I'm set. :)

peull

To anyone in the beta, when you search for community levels, do it says anywhere if the level is done with lbp or lbp2? Can you put a filter in your searches to find only lbp2-made levels?

ijed

Ranger X said:
Holy crap! I knew about Baiyon but 2 lone swordsmen and fucking SQUAREPUSHER on my LBP2? Shit yes!

AndyD said:

Read somewhere you can now rotate your sackboy for costumising...

Top Bottom