• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

Teknoman

TTP said:
Not interested in doing Move stuff? I think there is a lot of potential there for some radically new mechanics.

Besides, you'll need a Move to play the DLC levels/collect items anyway.

Its not that i'm not interested, its just that like the Kinect, I was waiting for multiple games to give me a reason to buy it.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Teknoman said:
Its not that i'm not interested, its just that like the Kinect, I was waiting for multiple games to give me a reason to buy it.

Well, there are quite a few already :p

Teknoman

TTP said:
Well, there are quite a few already :p

Due to a Gamestop sale, snagged a navigator and move controller for 30 bucks. They've got a 50% off all move accessories and temp. reduced select move titles to $9.99

Grinchy

Banned
Teknoman said:
Due to a Gamestop sale, snagged a navigator and move controller for 30 bucks. They've got a 50% off all move accessories and temp. reduced select move titles to $9.99
Buy KZ3 and play online with the Move+Nav. It's so good that way.

Teknoman

Grinchy said:
Buy KZ3 and play online with the Move+Nav. It's so good that way.

Yeah i've still got KZ3, and need to finish that, so i'll probably go through with move controls. Going to have to swap between my Wii sensor and PSeye though, unless it can work with being directly infront of the TV.

Teknoman

mclaren777 said:
Any chance that Best Buy or Walmart might price-match the Navigation controller?

Give it a shot. I had an employee discount, but the nav and move were both 50% off, along with the sharp shooter, the smaller gun, and charge station.

Grinchy

Banned
A few levels in, I am really liking the gameplay for Move. I can imagine really advanced levels where you are constantly having to control the sackboy and outside objects at the same time or else you fall to your death.

In the level where you move bouncy pad around, you can hold onto the bouncy pad after you've already bounced. If you move the pad underneath you while in mid-air, you bounce even higher. I was getting up so high that I was dying from the death borders they put in the level. I kind of want to make a vertical level where you have to use this maneuver.

Teknoman

I think I might just use the move controller for aesthetic touches. I really like the emergence of motion controls this generation, but I want my platforming/shooter levels to be straight gamepad. That and everyone will have access to them.

Hanmik

Sack It To Me: LittleBigPlanet 2 Move Pack Is Here

New on the PlayStation Store

Tomorrow is going to be and an epic day! The LittleBigPlanet 2 Move Pack will be available on the PlayStation Store with tomorrow’s store refresh. The amazing downloadable pack includes tons of new gadgets and tools, giving you the power to CREATE awesome new levels for your Move controller (this eventually means tons of free user-generated “Move” games available to everyone for free). But most importantly, the Move Pack contains an epic new storyline titled “Rise of the Cakeling”

The LittleBigPlanet 2: Rise of the Cakeling Move Pack (add-on) will be available for €7.99 in Europe. Note – you must have LittleBigPlanet 2 to play.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/09/13/sack-it-to-me-littlebigplanet-2-move-pack-is-here/

CozMick said:
Does the "Sack it to me" Move pack include a motion controller for Sackboy to carry like in the trailer?

No, I was surprised it didn't.

On another note:

FUCK YOU CLAUDE THE FIELD MOUSE!!

5 times I've gotten to the last puzzle without dropping a ball, get everything set up and the fucking ball lands on the upright pillar before the goal and stops! FIVE FUCKING TIMES! fadgausdgaib

And I know I won't have enough points after beating it to get the 60k prizes, which means I'll have to do the double-ball puzzels... bullshit, I say; you shouldn't be required to do those.

Claude, and the pond skipping game seem to have abnormally high point requirements for the level 3 prizes.

I also don't like how the x2 areas in the Move levels must be done with 2 players with 2 moves, because seeing how you can't join a random player, you need either 2 moves/ds3's or an online friend with a move...

Which brings me to my last complaint: I have no online friends that have a move.

Anyone want to add me and run through those x2 areas? My PSN is the same as here.

Jaeyden

I've got move, but I'm in between TV's atm. If you haven't completed it by the time I get it sorted out, I'd be happy to play.

loving the pack and the paint mode still hope they let you swap paintings with LBP Vita IM more use to a tablet

here here a quickie just wait for my next level ;)

Df0JJ.png

why did Mm take out the showing what % of opacity its really hard to tell some time

Figures... after complaining about Claude yesterday, I go and complete the level without dropping a ball on the 1st try today. :p Still need to hit 60k for the lvl.3 prizes though, you have to be fast with arranging the pieces, can't waste any time.

Jaeyden said:
I've got move, but I'm in between TV's atm. If you haven't completed it by the time I get it sorted out, I'd be happy to play.

Sweet.

You and Cent made that make.believe level right? I remember playing through an early version of the grappling segment with you guys.

jump_button said:

Whoa, nice work.

I can't paint for crap, the cursor vibrates around too much for me to make any sort of clean lines. I think I may be sitting too close.

Teknoman

Wow, wait awhile and tons of talented composers start popping up, and offering their sequencer songs as prizes too. Platforming series full speed ahead (going to have alot of people to give credit to).

Also had no idea Ryanardo had a music gallery :p

Do you do requests if possible? Because i've been looking for someone musically talented to recreate a few tracks. Also if you were the one who created those tracks, any chance I can use the Blanka and some of the Sonic tracks?

tch

I just bought the Move pack for the new materials and music. I don't have a move controller. Am I completely screwed or is there a way to unlock the materials?!

Teknoman

tch said:
I just bought the Move pack for the new materials and music. I don't have a move controller. Am I completely screwed or is there a way to unlock the materials?!

Better go grab a move controller for cheap from Gamestop. 50% off right now....dont think there is any way to snag the items without it.

Well unless you play co-op with someone else that has it?

Toppot

Teknoman said:
Better go grab a move controller for cheap from Gamestop. 50% off right now....dont think there is any way to snag the items without it.

Well unless you play co-op with someone else that has it?
I don't think it will let you play the levels if you don't have a move connected. If it does then yes a co-op person online could carry him though the levels with a brain crane or simply let him die all along the way and collect the prize bubbles for him.

spats

Here's a giant sack guy I did with the Move painting tool. It's a lot of fun, pretty much how I always imagined a Move painting app.

Invasion%252520of%252520the%252520Giant%252520Sack%252520Chum.png

Also the Move story mode levels are _AWESOME_. Highly recommended if you like LBP at all.

anddo0

The LBP2 Move pack is fantastic. I'd say only the MGS4 pack trumps it (barely). The mini-games are the best by far (love the tower defense, though only two nodes sucks). The 'Brain Crane' is a nice little addition. Gameplay doesn't feel tacked on at all.

I haven't tried the painting yet. But that looks pretty cool.

spats said:
Here's a giant sack guy I did with the Move painting tool. It's a lot of fun, pretty much how I always imagined a Move painting app.

Invasion%252520of%252520the%252520Giant%252520Sack%252520Chum.png

Also the Move story mode levels are _AWESOME_. Highly recommended if you like LBP at all.
Rofl I love this.

Seeing what you all are doing with this is making being broke even more painful. :p

Teknoman

anddo0 said:
The LBP2 Move pack is fantastic. I'd say only the MGS4 pack trumps it (barely). The mini-games are the best by far (love the tower defense, though only two nodes sucks). The 'Brain Crane' is a nice little addition. Gameplay doesn't feel tacked on at all.

I haven't tried the painting yet. But that looks pretty cool.

Brain Crane is so much fun.

Jaeyden

Ran around to all the local Curry's yesterday trying to buy a TV I wanted only to have them finally tell me I had to order it on the net and have it delivered...ughh. Probably won't be getting the Move pack till later this week then. Its definitely the best DLC to date..particularly for creators IMO.

Jaeyden said:
... Its definitely the best DLC to date..particularly for creators IMO.
Yeah, by far.

I love all the new sequencer instruments, the "vault" IntMusic, but especially the 2 branch objects, moss deco, and the chestnut hazard -- they are perfect for one of the levels in a series I'm making that I'll never finish. :p

Not to mention the Sticker Panel material, which is fantastic.

The only things I want for DLC now is weather (rain, snow, wind), either as actual particles or animated materials; and some weapons, preferably a Sword, Axe/Hammer, Bow & Arrow, and a Mage's staff.

But that'll never happen.

Teknoman

RyanardoDaVinci said:
Yeah, by far.

I love all the new sequencer instruments, the "vault" IntMusic, but especially the 2 branch objects, moss deco, and the chestnut hazard -- they are perfect for one of the levels in a series I'm making that I'll never finish. :p

Not to mention the Sticker Panel material, which is fantastic.

The only things I want for DLC now is weather (rain, snow, wind), either as actual particles or animated materials; and some weapons, preferably a Sword, Axe/Hammer, Bow & Arrow, and a Mage's staff.

That would be great. Some sort of adventure DLC pack (if Sony has to tie it in with move promotions to get it out, then by all means do so). The game should have at least one more substantial level pack with gadgets right? The sticker panels look like they'll work great for creating painted clouds/ odd foreground/background objects.

Jaeyden said:
Someone needs to get your tag sorted out. Gotta be someone you can talk to about something like that?

He could PM a mod or something? Surprised that hasnt been fixed already. On that same note, i'm also surprised that we havent had a GAF LBP2 collaboration yet (or have we?).

Jaeyden

Teknoman said:
On that same note, i'm also surprised that we havent had a GAF LBP2 collaboration yet (or have we?).

Leonidas and I were talking a bit about that a couple weeks ago. There's a ton of stuff that could be done for an LBP2 overhaul. Bots, new logic, spawn system, art, level links..etc. Ryan did all the music back in beta and it's awesome. I think it would be really cool. I can practically speak for Ninja and Donkeyshow. I know they'd be up for it.

Edit: And that screen looks awesome Jump!

wouwie

RyanardoDaVinci said:

Weather in lbp would be awesome. It would give the levels that bit more atmosphere. But i'm not expecting it to happen either.

I don't have a Move so sadly i'm not going to buy and play the new pack. The story levels look great.

Has MM acknowledged the problems with 1.06 yet? My PS3 resets everytime i quit the game so i'm not playing anymore until that's fixed.

Jaeyden

wouwie said:
MM acknowledged the problems with 1.06 yet? My PS3 resets everytime i quit the game so i'm not playing anymore until that's fixed.

If it's any consolation, I've had that happen to me a few hundred times over the last 4 years with no I'll effect to my launch PS3. It's definitely annoying, it doesn't happen to everyone and it also helps to return to your pod and wait for the icon in the corner to go away before quitting.

MrPliskin

Banned
The move support for this is really good! Much more fun than I thought it would be. Feels like a "new" game almost, especially with the light puzzles in the move pack. Love it!

mr_chun

RelentlessRolento said:
Don't know why bit when I boot this up with new patch it freezes at the initial loading screen..... Help!
Same thing is happening to me. Deleting Game Data didn't help, either. Not sure what to do about it.

Is there anyway to deflect harmful plasma balls or anything that is deadly. I want something I can grab with the move that I can move into place to shoot back the attacks of enemies.

MiamiWesker said:
Is there anyway to deflect harmful plasma balls or anything that is deadly. I want something I can grab with the move that I can move into place to shoot back the attacks of enemies.
Well, there are a couple ways to "deflect." One way is to have whatever you are grabbing have a projectile sensor activate an emitter, which shoots out a plasma projectile from your grabbed object. Another way is to have plasma-fy a round object, place a material tweaker on it and set the bouncy properties to 100% or whatever, and emit that as your hazard which will bounce off your grabbed shield.

Top Bottom