• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| - The Community Levels Thread

Ranger X

0pr4O.gif

Hello sackboys and sackgirls,
Like with LBP1 before it, there's so many good stuff that will pop in the LBP2 community that a place for us to gather, recommend and talk about user levels was a given. With LBP.me now helping us to show our stuff and queue the levels right into the game, a thread like this one here is making even more sense. Anything to help good creators getting some recognition is a nice thing to do. There's way too many great creations that would fall into oblivion if we did not fuel the "share" part of the game. So let's cut the introduction right here and start this thing.

a7QfZ.png

1- You can recommend any level you think is good and worth it. Can be your level if you think it's quality enough.

2- PLEASE DON'T SPAM. We don't want to see that level of yours that you botched within 2 hours. We don't want to see your Trophy levels.

3- You can post about the levels that are recommended in the thread. Feedback, reviews, questions, anything. It's always a pleasure for a creator to receive feedback.

4- When you post a level, you must post the title, PSN name of the creator, a description of what is the level (genre + what's interesting about it) and the LBP.me link to the level's page so people can actually queue the level easily. A screenshot is always a good idea, this attracts alot of people.

Example:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
c0208a6dcca8092aafcf4f82bc4e61b14ab9871f.png

A Bark In The Dark

By: RangerZero
(single player level / multi-path "open" level)

"Sackboy is trying to find his dog that just escaped into a cavern. A strange creature will become his sidekick and help lighting the way."

http://lbp.me/v/qt9302

41e04a584bc85fff4e1caaec993f803d599dd5f2.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hp3pc.png

Let's not forget that LBP.me can also let you queue LBP1 levels. This is super useful as there never was an easy way to play the great stuff in that game. And while there isn't that much community levels ready in LBP2, backtracking in the best LBP1 had to offer is a good idea because there has been TONS of "Media Molecule quality" levels that got published in the last 2 years and a half (and a great bunch even surpassed Media Molecule offerings!!). Not the kind of levels you want to miss. So here's how you can find great LBP1 stuff quickly:

Have 2 tabs in your browser.

One here:
LBPC community spotlights -- trust me it's great.

And one here:
LBP.me so you can queue levels from anywhere you have the internet and have them ready in your game.

Easy tip to find levels super fast:
When you open a thread in the spotlight archive, besides every level name you have the author and it's PSN name. Search on LBP.me by the PSN name in the text search of top of the page and you'll find any of those levels in seconds. Now you are bound to play 500+ great levels. This is months of gaming without even factoring the levels that will appear tks to LBP2.

** I also suggest you should play LBP1 levels in the original game because they look generally better than way. LBP2 introduces alot of problems when trying to play LBP1 levels. So yeah, if you have the chance, play LBP1 levels in LBP1. **

gCURa.png

This is always a good reminder because there's many people that don't know about this. It is possible to subscribe to a thread and receive updates periodically. It's possible to have stuff instantly, daily and weekly if I remember right. Look at the top right of the thread in " Thread Tools". You will see an option to "Subcribe to this thread". Once you click that you will ask to set the frequency of your updates and you're good to go. This way you will never lose trace of this thread.

g1MUr.png

Here's a list of our fellow Gaffers that are creating levels in the game. If you want to be added, post your LBP.me profile link and I will add you to the list. You can also PM me that info.

[list in the making]
Mik2121
Jump Button
Ranger X
DarknessBear
Jaeyden
Donkey Show
beast786
RelentlessRolento
Snuggler
Stampy
ijed
Teknoman
Blakero
DoomXploder7
Kuraine
TechSamurai
Pancho

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let's play, create and share together!!

Tks to Mik2121 for the sweet graphics :)

Mik2121

Sweet. Here's my LBP.me profile:

Mik2121

I'll receive my copy of LBP2 this Monday, so until then there won't be all that much stuff on my account (except for a few levels I did in LBP1)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Very nice, sub'd. They might move this to community, but whatever, I'll queue every GAF made level. Mine is still 2-3 weeks off but I can't wait to share it whenever I do ''finish'' it. This thread shall be full of greatness.

Ferrio

Banned
I have an idea for an object, trying to work out the logic required in my head. Hopefully I'll be able to get off my ass and see if I can get a proof of concept made.

906088d9f7d10e7fa32faa8e384910f5758f5f62.png

Rogue Panda Rescue
: by jackofcourse
(single player/coop : platform/puzzle)

http://lbp.me/v/wq9-kz

"This level has been made for the UK tv adverts. The cheeky pandas have escaped the zoo! Sackboy's been drafted in to help out. How many can you find?"

It's the best level I've played so far, there are 40 pandas hidden in that beautiful chinese themed level. Some of the pandas are very well hidden, it's not the most original level, but it's very polished and feel like a professional level. It's already in the Media Molecule picks, but it's still a great level that deserves its place here.

Not related, but the new lbp.me and queue system is awesome, it will be a lot easier to share the best levels this time :)

Here's my LBP.me profile:

Rolento

I havent had time to start creating, but I'll start something this weekend. I'll probably start doing some cutscene stuff. I promise my stuff won't be shit. It'll be way better than my LBP1 stuff.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
my LBP.me profile (includes cute picture of one of my cats)

I spent a good bit of time in LBP1 create, but it never amounted to much, I didn't get into Create until I was a little overexposed to the game. But I'm working on a solid level in 2, the improved tools help a lot, and it should be cool if I stick with it. I will definitely be a LBP2 GAF creator, so sign me up for that list.

thanks Ranger ;)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Nice thread, it will come in handy!

Here's my profile (I only have two LBP1 levels published right now, but I'm constantly experimenting with the editor in this one, so something is bound to make its way out there!): RoadHazard

OMG Aero

Not sure what people's opinions are about levels based on other video games but I played two that I liked a lot.
ORQ7d.jpg

スーパーリビッツブラザーズ2 3D(Super Sackboy Bros2 3D)
By Ciao_PSN
http://lbp.me/v/rtjkh
Basically it's a Bowser's castle style level from Super Mario Bros. It's not a straight remake from a Mario game but an original level designed like the castle levels, complete with coins, enemies and a showdown with Bowser at the end. The creator also has other levels based on the original Super Mario Bros (The one that Jeff plays in the Giant Bomb quick look) and another one based on Super Mario Bros 3.

NuaY9.jpg

Sonic The Hedgehog: Scrap Brain Zone Act 1
By Sabre_
http://lbp.me/v/wq5cw6
Unlike the other level this is a straight remake, but it's neat to see how well the creator managed to recreate a Sonic level in LBP.

Stampy

Great OT. Banners are really stylish. I hope this thread will be filled with great and innovative levels.

With regards to my creation skills, I was not really that much productive in LBP1 (only one level, although fairly well accepted), but I have much more involving plans for LBP2.

Profile:
http://lbp.me/u/Stampy83

btw. in the left corner on the bottom of a page of each level are options to share the level in facebook etc. In that area is also a picture barcode.
Are these the ones which the PS-Eye can recognize ingame and link you to the respective level?

Corto

Subscribed! Excellent idea... Thanks in advance to all the great work/levels that you guys will create. I'm more of a lurker, but I will play them and give some feedback.

Ashkeloth

Chalk up another one for subscribing here (Possibly my first thread subscription on any forum, ever). I'll be sure to play a ton of these levels once the list starts filling up, and once I actually bother to finish the Media Molecule levels.

Thanks for making this topic.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Snuggler said:
my LBP.me profile (includes cute picture of one of my cats)

I spent a good bit of time in LBP1 create, but it never amounted to much, I didn't get into Create until I was a little overexposed to the game. But I'm working on a solid level in 2, the improved tools help a lot, and it should be cool if I stick with it. I will definitely be a LBP2 GAF creator, so sign me up for that list.

thanks Ranger ;)
Man are you getting ready to do a choke slam on that cat? lol

And I'm glad you got this thread up now instead of waiting longer. There will be lots of great levels and this thread is as necessary and the OT.

Thrakier

Can someone explain me plz how I use those costumes from the "community costumes level"? I habe no idea how to copy the lvel to my moon.

Ranger X

SolidusDave said:
btw. in the left corner on the bottom of a page of each level are options to share the level in facebook etc. In that area is also a picture barcode.
Are these the ones which the PS-Eye can recognize ingame and link you to the respective level?

Yes, that's exactly for the PS-Eye. If you post levels here I suppose you can also post that image for the 3 people that might use it. :p

This game is so good. I think I may give the level creator a shot this time, even though I don't have nearly enough time to create something people would enjoy.

Icethrill

Neo Member
Just a quick question, do you guys think I missed out by NOT buying LBP2? I played lots and lots of it in the beta. But then I grew bored, and I avoided buying it.

People who played the beta, did I miss out on this game? When looking at this thread it makes me want to buy lbp2 when I get my salary next week. Getting quite hyped here...

Ranger X said:
Yes, that's exactly for the PS-Eye. If you post levels here I suppose you can also post that image for the 3 people that might use it. :p

yeah, as we have the queue option it's very gimmicky, but nevertheless it's kinda neat. From the news about it I had the impression that this would only be used for promotional levels etc., not that you automatically get a barcode for each of your created levels.

Ranger X

ijed said:
Sub'd - Here's me:

http://lbp.me/u/luniac

Nothing new yet but have uploaded some pics for making a basic twin-stick shooter and AI - ok to put WIP stuff here?:

Looks like you opt out of sharing your info on the web. Go turn it on in the game (profile options) because as it is now, we cannot see anything when we click on your profile.

Awesome work guys! You should also put our PSN names next to our GAF names on that list since several of us do have different names.

Ranger X

donkey show said:
Awesome work guys! You should also put our PSN names next to our GAF names on that list since several of us do have different names.

Well, that's why I name the links by the GAF name. ;)

Ranger X

donkey show said:
Fair enough! My mind is still not 100% from the marathon, lol. Honestly though, I like the clean look of this thread. :)

Yeah, I like Mik2121's work there. His inspiration was LBP.me, I think he retained the charm. ;)

Bebpo

Banned
I was wondering if someone could make a list of like 10 MUST PLAY LBP1 levels? Going through 55 pages of weekly showcases and queuing up like 500 levels is a little tough at this stage ;)

Karish

So I've seen the video where you can adjust gravity, but are there any levels out there that make good use of this new feature? I'm playing a mario level right now but its still floaty, wish they'd implement the new gravity...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Blakero said:
So I've seen the video where you can adjust gravity, but are there any levels out there that make good use of this new feature? I'm playing a mario level right now but its still floaty, wish they'd implement the new gravity...

Looks like it was lost with the rest of the beta levels, but there was a level called "8-Bit Platformer" or something like that and it definitely had much tighter physics. It also played with the d-pad, which was cool.

I'll get back to work on my level tonight. It's probably gonna take me forever to finish it since I'm still a novice creator and I build things at a snail's pace, but it'll be worth it if I can see it through till the end. The 2 levels I published in LBP1 were pretty shitty, but I must have played them both like 100 times. It's immensely satisfying to just go through your levels and see all the stuff you created.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Snuggler said:
Looks like it was lost with the rest of the beta levels, but there was a level called "8-Bit Platformer" or something like that and it definitely had much tighter physics. It also played with the d-pad, which was cool.

I'll get back to work on my level tonight. It's probably gonna take me forever to finish it since I'm still a novice creator and I build things at a snail's pace, but it'll be worth it if I can see it through till the end. The 2 levels I published in LBP1 were pretty shitty, but I must have played them both like 100 times. It's immensely satisfying to just go through your levels and see all the stuff you created.

Totally agree

mclem

Is it worth also having a list of players in the thread? Might help with forming groups more reliable than random groups, and it does look like there's been a bit more work towards making interesting multiplayer levels this time 'round.

Smarter matchmaking (the ability to actually request a specific goal) would make a world of difference to LBP, I think. It's incredibly hard to get stuff done with random people.

Ranger X

Bebpo said:
I was wondering if someone could make a list of like 10 MUST PLAY LBP1 levels? Going through 55 pages of weekly showcases and queuing up like 500 levels is a little tough at this stage ;)

Why queuing everything?? Go gradually. Take ONE spotlight and queue the levels that attracts you there. What do you fear? Besides, I will post certain LBP1 levels that I think some people shouldn't miss. But I don't have time to do it one shot like a list, I will post them gradually.

Oh and tks for the telling about the problem in A Bark In The Dark, I will fix it tonight. ;)

Thanks for this thread. I am definitely on the lookout for some good levels that use the sixaxis controls, as I understand you can use this also in the game. There should be some really nice things you can do with those ...

vehn

Ranger X said:
Why queuing everything?? Go gradually. Take ONE spotlight and queue the levels that attracts you there. What do you fear? Besides, I will post certain LBP1 levels that I think some people shouldn't miss. But I don't have time to do it one shot like a list, I will post them gradually.

Oh and tks for the telling about the problem in A Bark In The Dark, I will fix it tonight. ;)

Lol happened to me too! I wanted to finish the level but couldnt :/

Top Bottom