• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| - The Community Levels Thread

RelentlessRolento said:
I'm working on something random, based on Otto Von Schirach and his new Triangle Earth record label. Prob nobody here knows him except the euro peeps -_- ... then again I'm part of the triangle earth crew so... lol yeah (I go by Tri-Bit since they named me that, and I'm the guy on furthest left ... >_< )

here's a progress of everyone in the crew and basic stage background.

Triangle%20Earth.jpg

anyone have a good way to record audio? what's the best way and non noise based. I have a cheap bluetooth as well as a playstation eye.

I'm planning on doing a music video level or at least something near to it.

damn good job. it looks like him.

CozMick

Banned
Is there anything stopping someone from using copyrighted material in the soundtrack?

I see lots of attempts at instrumentals but what about full tracks?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Cartman86 said:
Interesting Zelda level making its way up.

Classic Zelda 1-1 by Bluetonberry

http://i7.lbp.me/img/ft/747bb57c890e0e17c8c87ed372e31e63d80f906f.jpg[/IMG]

http://i4.lbp.me/img/ft/b54fb32c7077b79ace5aeb9847945e8633bded7d.jpg[/IMG]
Hmmm what's the over under on this level disappearing very soon.

jayb

CozMick said:
Is there anything stopping someone from using copyrighted material in the soundtrack?

I see lots of attempts at instrumentals but what about full tracks?

I guess you could use the mouth tool (or whatever it's called) to record full tracks. But I wonder how much thermometer space that would take up.

Also, MM could take those levels down do to copyright violations.

boredofcanada said:
damn good job. it looks like him.
Thx ^_^

Not sure yet if I will do a true game level or a cinematic thing.

Again anyone got tips on recording good audio in this? The less garbled noise the better.

Plus anyone have some hidden camera tips that are unknown? I do music video work normally so I know my video editing and animation stuff.

If I like how this thing turns out I'll probably be doing some stuff for my chiptune friends. Right now this us just a fun experiment.

ijed

RelentlessRolento said:
I'm working on something random, based on Otto Von Schirach and his new Triangle Earth record label. Prob nobody here knows him except the euro peeps -_-

anyone have a good way to record audio? what's the best way and non noise based. I have a cheap bluetooth as well as a playstation eye.

I'm planning on doing a music video level or at least something near to it.

I'm an Aussie peep - haven't heard much of his stuff since Global Speaker Fisting - will have to check out what he's up to - Awesome mo action too :)

For Audio in I'm thinking you could try and find an Bluetooth transmitter with line-in that's compatible with PS3 - maybe:
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...&catalogId=10551&langId=-1&productId=11035425

jayb said:
I guess you could use the mouth tool (or whatever it's called) to record full tracks. But I wonder how much thermometer space that would take up.
yeah either that or record shorter loops and then sequence them but with no ability to trim the audio recording would be a bit tricky

RelentlessRolento said:
Plus anyone have some hidden camera tips that are unknown?
Sticking them on controllinators for dolly movements is about the only thing I've played with so far.

Also for doing sprite animations (maybe for a video wall behind them or something) here's a neat tute:
http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-44737.html

Bebpo

Banned
Ranger X said:
d789581a77db15183e3c1ed29150099a260dc361.png

B.W. (Black and White)
by: Morrito
(platformer / race mode unlockeable)

This is a stylish level with original contraptions and obstacles. The guy is very original there and even if the level is quite old, it's holding up wonderfully. There's also just the right dose of figuring out stuff while you play. Lastly, LBP2 doesn't kill its look, it actually improves it.

http://lbp.me/v/xw9zv

2d7f5444b2ec4f509fa1bf8b0b55d295715b8d44.jpg
48f0f49b52b57e17cbcc7b71fb3070bbc5105fc2.jpg

:)

I just tried this level and uhhh what am I supposed to do at the start screen? I can't see my guy and I'm stuck in this little box area. Am I missing something or is it glitched? :(

ijed

Bebpo said:
I just tried this level and uhhh what am I supposed to do at the start screen? I can't see my guy and I'm stuck in this little box area. Am I missing something or is it glitched? :(

You've got black and white stickers?
See the box in the middle with the sticker sensor? ....

jiggles

Banned
PSYOE.png

Clock Blocked
by jiggles
(1-4 player versus puzzler)

It's the one I made in the beta, but rebuilt from scratch with extra players in mind. I took out one of the powerups, gave the player the ability to choose who to use it on, and added a bonus if you manage to score while handicapped. So you can actually score higher by handicapping yourself if you're good enough.

ENvci.jpg

I posted a video of the beta version of it a couple of weeks ago, if you want an idea of what to expect.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
jigglywiggly said:
Clock Blocked

It's the one I made in the beta, but rebuilt from scratch with extra players in mind. I took out one of the powerups, gave the player the ability to choose who to use it on, and added a bonus if you manage to score while handicapped. So you can actually score higher by handicapping yourself if you're good enough.

I posted a video of the beta version of it a couple of weeks ago, if you want an idea of what to expect.
Holy mother of. Wow!

ijed

What's with the Kevin Butler Record level donkey_show and the guys made? The entrance is outside the level and I there's no way in.
Can copy it but can't enter create mode because I don't have all the DLC used on it :(

Ranger X

917ed7fd72616e91dff3996875a4b89ea4c38137.png

Roll out that barrel!
by: CuzFeeshe
(obstacle course / race)

Control a barrel and roll your way through different challenges, all the while you're earning points for being the fastest possible. Pay attention however, it's way more important to be precise instead of being in hurry if you want to truly save time. Very original level and there's multiple parts with diverse gameplay. Cuzfeeshe is sort an expert in "special levels" and mini-game levels, sadly half his great stages are set in "LBP1 only" right now because they were not playable in LBP2. I contacted him and he's actually working on restoring them. In the meantime, I suggest you also try his "Splat Invaders 3" level and "Lunar Lander". Both inspired from old Atari games, they are beautiful levels that brings a bit of fresh air from the usual platforming style we are used to.

http://lbp.me/v/qmkqkc

:)

ijed said:
I'm an Aussie peep - haven't heard much of his stuff since Global Speaker Fisting - will have to check out what he's up to - Awesome mo action too :)

For Audio in I'm thinking you could try and find an Bluetooth transmitter with line-in that's compatible with PS3 - maybe:
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...&catalogId=10551&langId=-1&productId=11035425

yeah either that or record shorter loops and then sequence them but with no ability to trim the audio recording would be a bit tricky

Sticking them on controllinators for dolly movements is about the only thing I've played with so far.

Also for doing sprite animations (maybe for a video wall behind them or something) here's a neat tute:
http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-44737.html
Awese thx. Never knew holograms can be entirely invisible. All the info you provided I'll prob be using.

Otto is coming out with a new album this year and I'm doing one of the music videos for it. In fact i gotta perform at a club with him on fri

Bebpo

Banned
Stampy said:
Hmm, these lists are always so subjective, even more in LBP1 where it is impossible to cover even a basic percentage of existing levels. But if I was in a situation where I had to, with only 10 levels, convince a person that LBP1 has great community levels, these would probably be the ones I would pick for the demonstration.

a8b273f20e733a9fd8ec4bc7108f674953b71ec6.png

Sack In The Box
by: bombw87

5e08976aced14bc89587c4149795942e3eba0713.jpg

This level is wonderful. The design, story, characters, sense of being in this quirky tale, everything just has its place here. I was so happy after playing it, it is just that powerful.

I've been going through these levels in this thread and wow, Sack in the Box was amazing. Feels so professional. It's what I'd imagine a level designed by Pixar would be like.

rhino4evr

Teknoman said:
398b89ebacc95b4f430fa6044e4ec26d05548271.jpg

Nice attention to detail.
I think the menu screen was the most impressive. I also enjoyed how accurate the level design was. Now if someone could create an original level..we could really have something to get excited about.

Teknoman

rhino4evr said:
I think the menu screen was the most impressive. I also enjoyed how accurate the level design was. Now if someone could create an original level..we could really have something to get excited about.

Now that would be a challenge. Much like composing, its (sorta) easy to mimic other tracks, but coming up with original compositions that actually sound good? Thats hard.

Is there a pixel material btw, or did they just put together blocks of material to mimic 8-bit pixels?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
That clock mini game looks amazing, good work.

What's the deal with the zelda level? How does that play/look? I've added a whole ton of these levels into my queue.

Absinthe

Is there a way to "favorite" these levels from the LBP.me site?

How cool would it be to go through the entire site, and be able to select "play later" for every level you wanted.

Without needing to have the site open and the game in front of you.

PLEASE MM bring this to the LBP.me site.

akmcbroom said:
Is there a way to "favorite" these levels from the LBP.me site?

How cool would it be to go through the entire site, and be able to select "play later" for every level you wanted.

Without needing to have the site open and the game in front of you.

PLEASE MM bring this to the LBP.me site.

They want to make sure you play a level first and as for play later what do you think Queue are for?

Absinthe

jump_button said:
They want to make sure you play a level first and as for play later what do you think Queue are for?

You can Queue them from the website LBP.me?? I didn't see it on the site, how do I do that?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
akmcbroom said:
You can Queue them from the website LBP.me?? I didn't see it on the site, how do I do that?

As long as you're signed in with your PSN info, you can click on any level at LBP.Me and queue it with the option at the top right corner.

UX1vD.png

it's such a great idea, I already have a decent queue going thanks to this thread

Absinthe

Snuggler said:
As long as you're signed in with your PSN info, you can click on any level at LBP.Me and queue it with the option at the top right corner.

UX1vD.png

it's such a great idea, I already have a decent queue going thanks to this thread

WOW, that's exactly what I was looking for..

Some reason my Firefox is blocking this "Add to queue" button, but in IE it works perfect..

Thanks!

Are there no videos of most of these levels? lbp.me doesn't seem to have any. I'd love to watch some playthroughs of these whilst I wait for a chance to play the game.

iratA

My friend showed me this level of his. He put a lot of time into it and hasn't had 1 play online yet. Crazy. Its a classic platforming type level. Lots of hidden areas to find. No Pics, sorry.

Hidden Underground Base V2.0 By: Mesmerised

LBP.ME Link Below
http://lbp.me/v/wwx1xr

Edit: Now updated to Version 2.2 with heaps of bug fixes/tweaks and a new original boss

Ferrio said:
Okay, my Plinko game is up... it's still very rough but works. Please test it out give me feed back (and tips!)

Queue it up here:
http://lbp.me/v/wzsefj

b14c92088cc52a8f9a89e2f1bad13ccc10ce271e.jpg

e5cbdbcfd28a5383b6e8a56156143f4aa368e395.jpg
good start. what I would change is the camera. maybe you already tried full shot of the board but that would be nice. IDK what happened but when the puck was half way down to the left the camera moved back up to the top and back down to the puck. The puck itself needs more bounce or at least be more random. because there's a spot where you can get 70,000. other than that good level! ;D

thuway

Any more levels that are standing out? Donkeyshow where u at son?? I just beat the game and haven't played anything as spectacular as I had originally dreamed :-/. I know the community is capable of it, I just need to wait.

I'd really like to play a less float, 2d side scroller / shooter.

Ranger X

thuway said:
Any more levels that are standing out? Donkeyshow where u at son?? I just beat the game and haven't played anything as spectacular as I had originally dreamed :-/. I know the community is capable of it, I just need to wait.

I'd really like to play a less float, 2d side scroller / shooter.

You need to let the creators make great levels. It takes alot of hours to make truly great stuff by the way. Why don't you play the amazing community levels of LBP1 in the meantime? You really don't know what you're missing man.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
BeeDog said:
Has anyone tried the No Peg's Island level? Good stuff, fairly lengthy and intricate, but I couldn't find the pirate's gold, which prevented me from continuing. Anyone know where it is?

Level: http://lbp.me/v/qpwk01
search the water area where the fish were more creafully.

thuway said:
Any more levels that are standing out? Donkeyshow where u at son??
LOL, Rome was not built in a day. :p

Joked aside, don't worry, it'll come in due time. I really don't have that much time to devote to create mode like a lot of people now, so when it's ready, you'll know. But it's gonna be definitely different than most top downs out right now, especially since it's a Kevin Butler collab. :3

Ferrio

Banned
DMPrince said:
good start. what I would change is the camera. maybe you already tried full shot of the board but that would be nice. IDK what happened but when the puck was half way down to the left the camera moved back up to the top and back down to the puck.

Ya, cameras are a pain in the ass. They don't seem to work the way I expect them to, simple stuff like shutting them off abruptly. I'd figure sending a 0 to them would do it... but never seems to work.

The puck itself needs more bounce or at least be more random. because there's a spot where you can get 70,000. other than that good level! ;D

Ya I realized people would be able to find a "sweet spot" right before I went to bed last night. Have a simple fix to add some chaotic elements to the bounce to disallow that.

Meohsix

Ferrio said:
Okay, my Plinko game is up... it's still very rough but works. Please test it out give me feed back (and tips!)

Queue it up here:
http://lbp.me/v/wzsefj

b14c92088cc52a8f9a89e2f1bad13ccc10ce271e.jpg

e5cbdbcfd28a5383b6e8a56156143f4aa368e395.jpg

played it three times, twice the puck got stuck on the right wall.
and one time the puck landed on the left 100 and i didn't get any points for it. =/
a way to skip the intro would be cool also.

Ferrio

Banned
George said:
played it three times, twice the puck got stuck on the right wall.
and one time the puck landed on the left 100 and i didn't get any points for it. =/
a way to skip the intro would be cool also.

Odd, Okay I'll look into it.

Top Bottom