• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| - The Community Levels Thread

ijed

Ranger X said:
Looks like you opt out of sharing your info on the web. Go turn it on in the game (profile options) because as it is now, we cannot see anything when we click on your profile.

fix0r'd

Bebpo

Banned
Ranger X said:
Why queuing everything?? Go gradually. Take ONE spotlight and queue the levels that attracts you there. What do you fear? Besides, I will post certain LBP1 levels that I think some people shouldn't miss. But I don't have time to do it one shot like a list, I will post them gradually.

I'm kind of wondering if I should play those in LBP1 and not LBP2. I played a few in LBP2 and they seemed to have problems like being overly dark and hard to see or speech bubbles with no words.

Can I play my queue in LBP1? I haven't put the game in for about a year.

Ranger X

Bebpo said:
I'm kind of wondering if I should play those in LBP1 and not LBP2. I played a few in LBP2 and they seemed to have problems like being overly dark and hard to see or speech bubbles with no words.

Can I play my queue in LBP1? I haven't put the game in for about a year.

Yes, LBP1 levels have all sorts of problems in LBP2. I would strongly suggest you to play your queued LBP1 levels in the corresponding game.

Levels are queued in both games when you use LBP.me. It's just that the levels for LBP2 won't appear in your LBP1 queue. (duh) :)

Teknoman

RelentlessRolento said:
Yeah I'm using small glass for now but I thought hologram glows too much?

Hmm..yeah hologram material might be a little too bright. Anyone know what material MM used when making videos screens for the future and space levels? Those didnt seem to be as bright as normal holo material.

Ferrio

Banned
Couple basic questions:

-Can you change an object's material?
-How do you remove a wire? I remember being able to do it in LBP1.

Ranger X

Ferrio said:
Couple basic questions:

-Can you change an object's material?
-How do you remove a wire? I remember being able to do it in LBP1.

You cannot modify objects not created by you. (Except of course using a glitch that might exist --- wich I don't know of).

MThanded said:
OK this video had my cracking up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZBSYRNTmNs

Also wow just wow. What the hell does the logic for this look like?

Yeah lol, Donkey Show stuff is always a crazy wall of fabric looking logic. :p

Bebpo

Banned
Since I see all these videos of beta levels, do the creators of the levels still have access to their work? Like can they simply republish it in LBP2 retail and have the levels up again? Or did they lose all their work on the levels and they just don't exist anymore? Because if it's the latter that seems kind of screwed up.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bebpo said:
Since I see all these videos of beta levels, do the creators of the levels still have access to their work? Like can they simply republish it in LBP2 retail and have the levels up again? Or did they lose all their work on the levels and they just don't exist anymore? Because if it's the latter that seems kind of screwed up.
If the essential mechanics of the tools changed then it could make sense.

Teknoman said:
Hmm..yeah hologram material might be a little too bright. Anyone know what material MM used when making videos screens for the future and space levels? Those didnt seem to be as bright as normal holo material.
I remember something said about a useful material that was good for transparencies during beta, but my mind might just be making that up... >_<

Ranger X

Bebpo said:

Beta levels sadly cannot be imported to LBP2. This probably would have bring some important glitches into the final game.

Ranger X

Bebpo said:
9bb361840494f209a9081d33d733cf4f4fa67468.png

Ranger X, I liked your Bark in the Dark level, but I couldn't finish it due to a glitch.

In the jetpack part, whenever I spawned it would instantly launch me up into the lava and kill me and then spawn and launch me and kill me and repeat forever without ever letting me have control.

I took a video with my phone. It's hard to see but you should be able to get the idea:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v297/bebpo/?action=view&current=IMG_0219.mp4

Ok I checked and what happened is that LBP2 is having a bug with when you take the jetpack. When you touch a jetpack you're propelled a little bit higher in LBP. Now in LBP2 it propels you like 3 times higher --- therefore breaking my level.

See? this is a prime example of the shit compatibility Media Molecule made. There are tons of carefully crafted levels in LBP1 that are becoming a visual mess in LBP2 or that gets broken like the example we have here.

:(( I simply made the level "LBP1 only" even is this probably mean burying it forever into oblibion. I suggest you play the "hard version" wich is not broken because that part with jetpack is different.

Ranger X

In this thread I also want to suggest some good LBP1 levels to play. I think it's sad that most will be ignored when they are still so great! Besides, I will always test them in LBP2 before to see if they aren't too glitchy or broken. I will suggest levels that are either great but underplayed or great well knowned in the LBP1 community.

849d32a8d3f444e34053190327a905afe7c1c1b9.png

Robo-Rampage X
by: Dimo1138
(Side scrolling shooter - Hard difficulty)

I think the level looks nice and that the gameplay is generally well done. Dimo exploits the paintinator really well there and the ennemies are interesting + each are defeated in their own unique way. The entire level relies heavily on shooting. It's also the first one of a series of quality levels. I suggest you try the subsequent ones too!

http://lbp.me/v/mwwdm

:)

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone know how to make a camera follow an object? Or atleast a string of cameras to activate when it comes into their range? I tried using movie cameras, but the first one won't deactivate after the object leaves the sensor range.

Kuraine

Neo Member
Well, when LBP the original came out, I hadn't gotten accepted as a member yet. I was pretty active creating various levels, but couldn't share them at the time.

I've bought LBP2, but my PS3 is dead and in the process of being dealt with at Sony, so I sadly won't be able to play it until that gets shipped back...

In the meantime, here is my profile one of my LBP1 creations that's still around. I've no idea how well it works in 2, but hopefully it doesn't look too bad!

lbp.me profile for CobaltKatze

3f4e3edf4170fc74f7775f0765dbcd7d1a2453a9.png

Woodland Alien's Jam Session
(Interactive music event)

This was a really fun level to put together. You and two other players can basically get together and jam on stage with three different "instruments" set to play notes in harmony with each other. I'd imagine I can make a far better version of this with the Sequencer tool in LBP2, so I may give it a shot once I've tinkered around a bit.

I've got a few other levels in my profile if you want to check them out, and I'll hopefully be making LBP2 stuff very soon.

Edit: One of the most awesome things about lbp.me is definitely the ability to check the photos people have taken inside your levels on the web. I love how many people took Silent Hill and horror themed screenshots inside my creepy SH2 music level~

Ranger X

Kuraine said:
In the meantime, here is my profile one of my LBP1 creations that's still around. I've no idea how well it works in 2, but hopefully it doesn't look too bad!

Added you in the list but don't forget to opt in for sharing your info on the web when you'll get into the game (it's in the profile options) or else nobody can see your profile, levels and activity on LBP.me.

Kuraine

Neo Member
Ranger X said:
Added you in the list but don't forget to opt in for sharing your info on the web when you'll get into the game (it's in the profile options) or else nobody can see your profile, levels and activity on LBP.me.

Oh whoops! I had forgotten about that~ Updated it so people can actually see it now!

Ranger X

d789581a77db15183e3c1ed29150099a260dc361.png

B.W. (Black and White)
by: Morrito
(platformer / race mode unlockeable)

This is a stylish level with original contraptions and obstacles. The guy is very original there and even if the level is quite old, it's holding up wonderfully. There's also just the right dose of figuring out stuff while you play. Lastly, LBP2 doesn't kill its look, it actually improves it.

http://lbp.me/v/xw9zv

2d7f5444b2ec4f509fa1bf8b0b55d295715b8d44.jpg
48f0f49b52b57e17cbcc7b71fb3070bbc5105fc2.jpg

:)

Arsenic

donkey show said:
Fair enough! My mind is still not 100% from the marathon, lol. Honestly though, I like the clean look of this thread. :)
Where you there in Nyc? Now i really regret not going there :\

Septimus

Can we have one more piece of info added to each level description? It would be nice to see it say if a stage is from LBP or LBP2.

Here's a level I worked on for LBP1. I hope to make more of them when I get the time.

da3276411240cac7c0a721bb358ceb420f7aa8fc.png

Amazing Alphabet Adventure: Part 1 - The Exploding Igloo
by: lennylightspeed
(Platformer - Edutainment)

3f94b8c89d3c7573e1bf9751011dbd10d40ae2a4.jpg

c653fbc9bcbd04a28626852614dfe5a8f5d9dd3e.jpg

It's a strait forward level that goes through sign language letters A-I. It starts off a bit slow but the gag for letter G makes it worth a play through on it's own. I hadn't seen many levels that were for education so I tried to make something that was fun without being preachy and assessable for kids without being boring to gamers. Let me know what you think.

Queue it up!
http://lbp.me/v/8stc2

I was looking for that awesome Contra level that GAF made and can't find that or that bad ass Gradius level that some guy made. It would be a shame if MM took those levels out because of how well done they are. Hopefully we can get a new version up that makes the game look more like sprites.

Also can we now create our own power up? like a Spread Gun? I know we can create melee attacks.

Ranger X

Septimus said:
Can we have one more piece of info added to each level description? It would be nice to see it say if a stage is from LBP or LBP2.

Why? So it's easier for people with prejudices to skip them and try only LBP2 levels?
What I would ask of people however is to try their LBP1 suggestion to see if it plays right and if there's no problems or blockers caused by LBP2 before posting. I personally test my suggestions to make sure it's quality. Will never post a LBP1 level that isn't great in LBP2.

There's tons of people (at least vocally on GAF) that couldn't find great levels in LBP1 (can't blame them, the game doesn't promote great user content). But it is a prejudice to think there wasn't pristine stuff there. There was a TON of great stuff out there and right now, since LBP2 is young, they are a multitude of LBP1 user levels that are still better than anything that has been published right now in LBP2. So that's why I don't want to exclude them.

Later down the road anyways, LBP2 will have truly taken over the creators community and nobody will suggest or play LBP1 levels anymore.

Ranger X

11958cfa7d2696c3d53009841b6b18b788065b99.png

Mushroom by Moonlight
by: Shifty_Geezer
(platformer)

Look like this one of those charming levels, good looking and all that all, but it was criminally underplayed. It still looks fantastic in LBP2. The platformer is nice, not too hard and there are nice secrets to find. The surprise ending is icing on the cake.

http://lbp.me/v/p-ytjg

b5b055bdeaf42a00c866dc4aaac356dc45112d03.jpg
734ae32a71778f4acf619a1a8933ca323320b64e.jpg

acb8513321e7475e5f737b83c9deb7f23692c7a6.jpg
76df2e5f2352bb152720502414061f3a0692dbf4.jpg

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ranger X said:
Why? So it's easier for people with prejudices to skip them and try only LBP2 levels?
What I would ask of people however is to try their LBP1 suggestion to see if it plays right and if there's no problems or blockers 'cause by LBP2 before posting. I personally test my suggestions to make sure it's quality. Will never post a LBP1 level that isn't great in LBP2.

There's tons of people (at least vocally on GAF) that couldn't find great levels in LBP1 (can't blame them, the game doesn't promote great user content). But it is a prejudice to think there wasn't pristine stuff there. There was a TON of great stuff out there and right now, since LBP2 is young, they are a multitude of LBP1 user levels that are still better than anything that has been published right now in LBP2. So that's why I don't want to exclude them.

Later down the road anyways, LBP2 will have truly taken over the creators community and nobody will suggest or play LBP1 levels anymore.
Keep suggesting lbp1 levels. I put that game away such a long time ago so I have a lot to catch up on and play.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
KAOS said:
Just wanted to say thumbs up for Johnee's Blast Radius. I had fun playing it since I've been on Shootemup frenzy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa29rJp3JD4

This one is in the MM Picks section too. Very Stardust HD inspired from the 3 weapons to the way the asteroids are clumped together with the good stuff at their core. I like it, looking forward to seeing more elaborate shoot 'em ups.

Ranger X

By the way, I hope you guy aren't neglecting the Media Molecule picks section. The LBP1 stuff in there is having some seriously awesome levels that are must plays.

LBPC Community Spotlight Episode 57

Every two weeks LBPC have a Community Spotlight from LBP 1 and 2 and psp

PS3

Chibi Fairy Tale (Series) by Bloo_boy (im not sure where the level is)
Deadly Complex by radishlord
Ruins of Albion by metalhead_as
The Magicians Manor by UNCLE_MUSCLES_
A Salty Space Adventure: Save the Girl! by Mnniska
Story Levels: Hard Mode (Series) by LBP_HARD
GangSTAR Chicken Wants U Dead! (Series) by Pab3000
Sanctuarium by OcamposMoon
OH NO!!! THE PRINCESS!!! World 8: Castle of Dinosaur King by CaptainCowboyHat
The Ama Toor Project by Jagrevi (LBP1only)
From cheddar with love.. by CANDY_KING_ALEC
Ethereal Musings by zynax555
Rogue Panda Rescue by jackofcourse
Venice Is Sinking by GruntosUK

PSP

Blizzard by darcyh_
The Clock Tower by The-Questor
Devious Dataspace by Silver39_7

I'm working on something random, based on Otto Von Schirach and his new Triangle Earth record label. Prob nobody here knows him except the euro peeps -_- ... then again I'm part of the triangle earth crew so... lol yeah (I go by Tri-Bit since they named me that, and I'm the guy on furthest left ... >_< )

here's a progress of everyone in the crew and basic stage background.

Triangle%20Earth.jpg

anyone have a good way to record audio? what's the best way and non noise based. I have a cheap bluetooth as well as a playstation eye.

I'm planning on doing a music video level or at least something near to it.

Ranger X

jump_button said:
LBPC Community Spotlight Episode 57

Every two weeks LBPC have a Community Spotlight from LBP 1 and 2 and psp

PS3

Chibi Fairy Tale (Series) by Bloo_boy (im not sure where the level is)
Deadly Complex by radishlord
Ruins of Albion by metalhead_as
The Magicians Manor by UNCLE_MUSCLES_
A Salty Space Adventure: Save the Girl! by Mnniska
Story Levels: Hard Mode (Series) by LBP_HARD
GangSTAR Chicken Wants U Dead! (Series) by Pab3000
Sanctuarium by OcamposMoon
OH NO!!! THE PRINCESS!!! World 8: Castle of Dinosaur King by CaptainCowboyHat
The Ama Toor Project by Jagrevi (LBP1only)
From cheddar with love.. by CANDY_KING_ALEC
Ethereal Musings by zynax555
Rogue Panda Rescue by jackofcourse
Venice Is Sinking by GruntosUK

PSP

Blizzard by darcyh_
The Clock Tower by The-Questor
Devious Dataspace by Silver39_7

Tks for this man. I hope you can keep up doing this thing. :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If I heart a player, can I find levels that they made/played easily? I'm thinking initially it might be easier to heart a few good creators and then browse from there (also checking here).

adding to queue/hearting from a browser is fantastic.

STG

RelentlessRolento said:
I'm working on something random, based on Otto Von Schirach and his new Triangle Earth record label. Prob nobody here knows him except the euro peeps -_- ... then again I'm part of the triangle earth crew so... lol yeah (I go by Tri-Bit since they named me that, and I'm the guy on furthest left ... >_< )

here's a progress of everyone in the crew and basic stage background.

Triangle%20Earth.jpg

anyone have a good way to record audio? what's the best way and non noise based. I have a cheap bluetooth as well as a playstation eye.

I'm planning on doing a music video level or at least something near to it.
I will play this!

Teppic

Ranger X said:
Yes. I will mostly only want to try new LBP2 levels because of the new game mechanics they can offer.

MThanded said:
OK this video had my cracking up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZBSYRNTmNs

Also wow just wow. What the hell does the logic for this look like?

Ranger X said:
Yeah lol, Donkey Show stuff is always a crazy wall of fabric looking logic. :p

LOL. But what Ranger said is true. The logic for that alone is not fun to look at, even with all the notes I used to help differentiate the wiring, let alone implementing move cancellations and applying the proper body movement to the different moves.

I've actually been working on rebuilding that in the retail version and it's definitely not fun redoing everything. Remember kids, write your shit down!

Arsenic said:
Where you there in Nyc? Now i really regret not going there :\

Yar, I was one of the world record holders with Jaeyden and Luge. And apparently, I have my priorities straight, lol.

1295502944685.JPEG

I'm the one in the middle, derp. Jaeyden's on the left and Luge from the Tester is on the right.

Ranger X

mrklaw said:
If I heart a player, can I find levels that they made/played easily? I'm thinking initially it might be easier to heart a few good creators and then browse from there (also checking here).

adding to queue/hearting from a browser is fantastic.

Yes, whenever you are in LBP.me, click the creator's name and you will end up in his profile. From there you can easily get to his published levels and also their hearted levels.

Teppic said:
Yes. I will mostly only want to try new LBP2 levels because of the new game mechanics they can offer.

Don't worry, in a couple of weeks there will be no more LBP1 levels to talk about. You need to let people actually make great stuff and this takes time. In the meantime, if you're not open to great LBP1 stuff it's your loss. It's completely crazy to not play the best stuff from LBP1. LBP2 will end up better but LBP1 simply was a great game and the community levels were amazing. It will also give you a better critical eye for LBP2 stuff as you will witness the evolution of the community. Most important of all, you would have fun!

Ranger X said:
Yes, whenever you are in LBP.me, click the creator's name and you will end up in his profile. From there you can easily get to his published levels and also their hearted levels.

Don't worry, in a couple of weeks there will be no more LBP1 levels to talk about. You need to let people actually make great stuff and this takes time. In the meantime, if you're not open to great LBP1 stuff it's your loss. It's completely crazy to not play the best stuff from LBP1. LBP2 will end up better but LBP1 simply was a great game and the community levels were amazing. It will also give you a better critical eye for LBP2 stuff as you will witness the evolution of the community. Most important of all, you would have fun!
i would still give it a month as far as LBP2 levels goes. I went and filtered the levels to show only LBP2. right now there are trophy whores out there wanting people to heart their levels. and as always there's going to be shitloads of music levels only of Linkin park and right now it's Lady Gaga.

Ranger X

DMPrince said:
i would still give it a month as far as LBP2 levels goes. I went and filtered the levels to show only LBP2. right now there are trophy whores out there wanting people to heart their levels. and as always there's going to be shitloads of music levels only of Linkin park and right now it's Lady Gaga.

Yup. We need time so we finish the single player, collect everything and then making a great level can take 30 hours sometimes. So I guess you estimate is even better, the best creators will start to push stuff steady in like 3-4 weeks from now.

CozMick

Banned
Just stumbled upon jump_button's Black and White level in MM Picks.

Not sure if he'll see this but, what a beautiful, beautiful looking level you've made.

Ranger X

CozMick said:
Just stumbled upon jump_button's Black and White level in MM Picks.

Not sure if he'll see this but, what a beautiful, beautiful looking level you've made.

You should look at his other work too. Jump_Button is a great artist and he always came up with unique visual styles. He's even been copied alot -- a statement about his greatness.

Stampy

Bebpo said:
I was wondering if someone could make a list of like 10 MUST PLAY LBP1 levels? Going through 55 pages of weekly showcases and queuing up like 500 levels is a little tough at this stage ;)

Hmm, these lists are always so subjective, even more in LBP1 where it is impossible to cover even a basic percentage of existing levels. But if I was in a situation where I had to, with only 10 levels, convince a person that LBP1 has great community levels, these would probably be the ones I would pick for the demonstration.

9e2fd4cf1b10c9f0630f50d4e2e62010f985c599.png

Zephyr Valley & Zephyr Valley 2
by: mrsupercomputer

b33cfd205f8d1f665e2cbb92fc4bec18a51c46e7.jpg

I know I am immediately cheating by putting two levels as one, but I see them so much linked, narratively and esthetically, that it would be a shame taking them apart. These levels are the best example how MM can be bested, with great design and streamlined action. What Hollywood achieved with high budget films, mrsupercomputer created that same feeling with his levels within limitations of LBP.

http://lbp.me/v/pcb-98
http://lbp.me/v/rjk7-m

a8b273f20e733a9fd8ec4bc7108f674953b71ec6.png

Sack In The Box
by: bombw87

5e08976aced14bc89587c4149795942e3eba0713.jpg

This level is wonderful. The design, story, characters, sense of being in this quirky tale, everything just has its place here. I was so happy after playing it, it is just that powerful.

http://lbp.me/v/rjps53

8d657dd44c7c3ba3be67a204a777eba445feb7b3.png

Security Breach
by: javi_haguse

22039b206c9341db7dd756ea8384829d26451a3d.jpg

This level is again an example of spectacular design which allows the level to flow. Action is carefully thought out and scenes are splendidly crafted. It is a joy to play. 0% frustration, 100% elation. :)

http://lbp.me/v/r6epmq

6b996a4a822f1b4a50d47e23e45eac24d421aa47.png

Manufactured Madness
by: mrsupercomputer

73a506fc3c4af32997de66be543f4f6b96450ce7.jpg

When compared to Zephyr Valley, this level has completely different setting (post-apocalyptic), but still retains same magic of a high quality action.

http://lbp.me/v/pwb328

51047bc9e5312fd7e6d2880b08d49189a4e51115.png

A Salty Space adventure: Save the Girl!
by: Mnniska

48b0ce4b50e646c95ff17856e68e36dbc05a19b1.jpg

I have just recently played it, but the level is fabulous. It cunningly uses interactive storytelling, combined with great cuteness, and humoristic set pieces, which I have rarely seen in LBP to be implemented as good as this. Platforming is also very ingeniously and innovatively constructed. Although, a warning to the new players, this level has parts with mid-hard difficulty.

http://lbp.me/v/wdcz83

b9ce8d85b370908ae04349f3e0813bd0e47db068.png

The Imaginarium Of Jimmy Hatchet
by: RiCKy-BoBBy91

464cc18a8eafc78dad0f632d17cbab264cc17c82.jpg

The black & white visuals of this level are among the best I have seen in LBP. Really something special.

http://lbp.me/v/qnhxkj

00edc26b9957fe48614e504edb3c11b852b73729.png

Up & Away In Sky Town 2
by: jump_button

0b1bd134f25efea4e8c13082a83bdbcc44b06527.jpg

All his levels are artistic masterpieces, so it is really hard to pick just one, because they all have genuinely unique visual styles.

http://lbp.me/v/sef3qh

6222901dfbe928e752d289a9e48a2b0c089fc933.png

Dead Space: New Arrivals [english dialogue]
by: steve_big_guns

31dbbb9d3f129bb8c216963bff99801cbcf99750.jpg

Detailed design, awesome beginning and a proof that LBP can create some rather atmospheric moments.

http://lbp.me/v/r7be5z

747b6f6004b4492abbd7eb83a6df555c9b1ece3d.png

STAR WARS: Return of the Jedi: The Battle of Endor: err...Etc!
by: julesyjules

0c735c96d1bb2fad81437904d817a4262782275d.jpg

Since this is a series of levels I will just pick one, with a fair warning that couple of first ones are not as good as some later levels. I specifically love julesyjules’s style because he understands the importance of contextual gameplay. Everything in his levels is masterfully connected to the created world and the action going in it.

http://lbp.me/v/rz8whh

c5ed9fce57032d9d8398f170fe737e5dcc7cb453.png

Unhearted: Drakes Misfortune 2
by: GruntosUK

f31705d5275638738ed37d5176ebc9d8979b24e8.jpg

The design of this level seems so complex and convoluted, but yet everything somehow falls into place during play, and one can only be amazed at how this level of intricacy was accomplished, while the easiness of flow was preserved.

http://lbp.me/v/r-c3wm

Man, there are so many more great levels, but I will stop with these ten just as a demonstration of how good the community has become.

Top Bottom