• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

Grinchy

Banned
I don't know anything about this stuff, but I'd assume that it needs the 150MB of free space because it's replacing the old 150MB. So if you freed up 150MB and installed the patch, you'd still have 150MB in the end. The new content just had to go somewhere first before it could replace the old content.

On a side note, I loaded this game up again for the first time in a few months and immediately remembered how awesome it is.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
:)

Would be good if you guys could let me know whether it's easier for you to connect to other players now with the new matchmaking system.

VanWinkle

The three minigames are pretty fun but I regret buying it. Each of them are much worse than what a good $.99 iOS counterpart would be, so I feel like I definitely wasted my money. Oh well.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The three minigames are pretty fun but I regret buying it. Each of them are much worse than what a good $.99 iOS counterpart would be, so I feel like I definitely wasted my money. Oh well.

You don't get new level tools from it?

Kind of a disappointment. Thought they would be more LBP styled play than just pure arcade... with LBP Marvel characters.

Hero Rush is basically a cheap version of Jetpack Joyride with horrible framerate issues... whenever there are enemies or rockets on screen which makes it unplayable. Otherwise it would be the most fun mode. The others are... meh.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Holy crap, Hero Rush is pretty hard. :lol

Same for the other two, but less so. I'm also in the disappointment camp. It isn't a bad pack, and there's level creation stuff (but you have to replay MANY times to get them all) but the mini-games themselves are a little awkward/hard to control and not the best mini-games ever.

VanWinkle

You guys have already created the best LBP experience, its hard to dislike anything else set forth with the title.

True, but this one was still a little rough. Interestingly, I was REALLY impressed with the Arcade games that came on the cart. For some reason, these just didn't do it for me. I guess because they are so similar to iOS/Android games. Still LOVE the game, though.

Grinchy

Banned
I didn't play a ton of the arcade games when I first got the game, but I did just beat Retro Vector. That was pretty sweet! Liked the boss fight.

I like Super Conductor in theory, but it feels so unresponsive to me. I haven't had problems with the touch anywhere except in that game.

VanWinkle

I didn't play a ton of the arcade games when I first got the game, but I did just beat Retro Vector. That was pretty sweet! Liked the boss fight.

I like Super Conductor in theory, but it feels so unresponsive to me. I haven't had problems with the touch anywhere except in that game.

Yeah Retro Vector is pretty awesome. I would say Super Conductor is the low point but still pretty good. I didn't seem to have those problems you did, though.

I just started playing Retro Vector again after you posted there and I think one of the things that made those Arcade games better than those Marvel DLC ones is that the games and UI are in native resolution (edit: no, I just played Orb-it again and it was sub-native. It still seemed much higher quality, though). The Marvel DLC games are sub-native and a little blurry, like the little mini-games that you play throughout the story mode. The games in the Arcade section feel like they are of higher production quality, except these new DLC ones, which feel firmly in the "mini-game" camp.

Number45

Yup! The only real flaw with the game is the lack of as-hoc support. It's the only thing keeping me from buying a second copy for my girlfriend :(
This x 1000. I have two colleagues with the game and it would be great to be able to co-op the game locally.

Grinchy

Banned
Man, have you guys played this level? It's called Gold Fever! by MADZILLA. I could not for the life of me find it on lbp.me and gave up.

It's crazy how well he was able to animate this though. The legs move convincingly, he blinks, his mouth opens...it's all so well done.

2013-04-08-151358n5uvt.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
oooooh. I was using the LBP.me site for the PS3 version, it seems. I was getting so confused...

And wow. I've just been going through the Team Picks and every level on it is awesome. I sit and scratch my head sometimes wondering how people even pulled some of this stuff off.

oooooh. I was using the LBP.me site for the PS3 version, it seems. I was getting so confused...

And wow. I've just been going through the Team Picks and every level on it is awesome. I sit and scratch my head sometimes wondering how people even pulled some of this stuff off.
Time, lots of it.

ohNOitsRO

Ok guys, so recently on my trophy hunting OCD stumble through my vita catalogue I noticed the absurd '50 unique plays' trophy on a created level and I am (hopefully) enlisting you guys to help me out..

Scratch that, I am on my knees begging for 21 more plays..

Seriously, I try to platinum every game that I truly enjoy and if I can't get the platinum on this, my brain tells me to sell my vita (I KNOW, that's irrational and I wouldn't actually do it, but MY OCD IS QUITE CONVINCING)

Anyways, guys if you can and it's not too much trouble, I would truly appreciate it if you could queue up for my level and play it whenever you get a chance

http://vita.lbp.me/v/c76q-

<3 Thanks in advance to any kind soul that is willing to help out

EDIT: Don't expect anything mindblowing in my level, it's literally like 4 seconds long, just for the trophy :p

Skyzard

Banned
The LBPCentral Spotlight Collection 1 is an awesome idea, love the collection in a level. Some nice games there too, still going through them.

Also, samiamiamsam is so good, love his latest level - glad it's a team pick.

Btw is there any chance we can get some sorting options, perhaps folders for different authors - if at all possible? At this point I'm really happy with the value with the game and I'm still hoping for official dlc campaign levels.

A GREAT feature would be a ready? 3-2-1 button to prompt people and co-ordinate jumps etc? Perhaps only one person can - priority wise: first person alive to the last one to remain alive.

Robotziane

Neo Member
Are any gaffers still on this. Would like someone to jump on with from time to time. To the above poster - I don't own any dlc packs so I can't help you on that one.

Vita username is gtrowles443

Number45

I can't for the life of me get the Santa Hat & Beard set into my Vita game. I've "bought them" (back during LBP1 if memory serves), but any effort to get at them in the game is fruitless.

The Coat & Boots is fine.

YoodlePro

Sorry for the bump, this thread has been dead for a while.

Are people still playing LBP Vita? I'm trying to find people to play the coop levels with.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry for the bump, this thread has been dead for a while.

Are people still playing LBP Vita? I'm trying to find people to play the coop levels with.
I got it today actually. My GAF username is the same as my PSN ID. Add me!

If anyone wants to add me, my PSN is zeroskater18

I haven't played much LBP Vita but I'd be happy to dive into it with some of you. If anyone wants to shoot me a message we'll work out a time to play :)

Been a long time since somebody posted here... I was hoping to get some quick help for the 2 multiplayer trophies in the DC Comics DLC ("play with a friend and "all prize bubbles")... it should be really fast. I'd be grateful to anyone that helps out.

My psn is silvertonguebr

Top Bottom