• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm still angry I can't use my Killzone or Valentine's Day stickers. I want my Man/Man/Rainbow/Heighlast Propganda pod, damn it. RABBLE RABBLE.

Sintoid

Gaffers I need a little creative help.

I made a vehicle with editor and created controls with controllinator. The vehicle must reach the end of the level but when I reach the finish gate Sackboy doesn't touch it and level just doesn't end. I don't want that sackboy can jump off the vehicle, is there some way to make it jump off the vehicle when he arrives around the finish gate?

Gaffers I need a little creative help.

I made a vehicle with editor and created controls with controllinator. The vehicle must reach the end of the level but when I reach the finish gate Sackboy doesn't touch it and level just doesn't end. I don't want that sackboy can jump off the vehicle, is there some way to make it jump off the vehicle when he arrives around the finish gate?
Put a tag on the finish gate called "blah" or whatever you want to call it. On the controllinator, put a tag sensor in the microchip that reads the blah tag. Take the output of that sensor and connect it to the bottom of the controllinator, ejecting your Sackboy when the sensor is activated at the end.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
In fact a tag and a tag sensor should be enough. No need to label it unless it conflicts with another tag of the same colour in the level. :)

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Sorry for the double post, but a new patch was just pushed online.

1.06 brings various improvements to Community aspect of the game. Most notably, the load times should be much better now.

Also, download progress bars!

PS: In unrelated news, all LBP2 DLC costumes should now be available in Europe as well.

magawolaz

Uh? The LiveArea just changed, now it has a (very pretty, tbh) background image... but it says it's a demo version.

There are ads too. I'm downloading the patch, I hope all of this gets fixed.

EDIT: loading times are definitely faster, good job.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Ignore the Trial Version text, it should be changed relatively soon, though with Christmas and New Year's Eve coming up it may stay like this for a week or two.

The links to other games are only temporary, but if you like the background image we can probably keep it. :)

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I did a decent amount of creation in the ps3 version. Does the vita version have full creation tools?

More specifically microchips?

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
I did a decent amount of creation in the ps3 version. Does the vita version have full creation tools?

More specifically microchips?

As Donkey said; Everything is included, plus a couple of new tools (memorizer; allows you to transfer data from level to level or/and save data from play session to another of a level, dephysicalise) and a bunch of new tweaks to old tools like directional settings for piston, and more control over the default sound effects of bounce pads, checkpoints, etc.

And we tried hard not to remove useful glitches like the extra layer glitch. :)

TheSeks

It has everything LBP2 has and then some.

Except my DLC stickers (or stickers from LBP1/2 anyway) >:|

Sorry for the double post, but a new patch was just pushed online.

1.06 brings various improvements to Community aspect of the game. Most notably, the load times should be much better now.

Also, download progress bars!

Damn it, just after my lag-filled co-op session yesterday. Y U LATE WITH PATCHES!?

Miutsu

Does the size of the update stack over the rest of the game or just replaces some things? My 4GB only has about 40mb left and can't buy a 32gb right now :/ (I'm in Venezuela)

Edit: Went ahead with it and after the patch was installed the size difference is about 10MB only so it seems it does override data instead of stacking it :)

Skyzard

Banned

Ah right, and I just remembered you went through most of the 2x stuff yesterday hah, ok then fair enough, but still awesome patch - can't whine right after that when so many developers haven't gotten to fixing their game anywhere near as much..

So over the past couple days I finally got a Vita and got this game and just wanted to say how awesome it is...

...I've only played upto world 2-2 in story mode, but spent about five hours in create mode. It comes and goes but when I feel like creating, I get totally absorbed in it.

So if anyone wants to check it out, then here it is: http://vita.lbp.me/v/-w089

I hope yall give it a whirl, its nowhere near as good as some others, but it is one of my best overall levels that I created in LBP1/2/V.

It is quite hard (atleast to me it is.) but it is beatable, just look at the url and then look at the leaderboards to see that I beat it. Its a race, so try to beat my score aswell. However if you can't do it in seven minutes, you will die! There are planty of checkpoints so that decreases the difficulty, but each checkpoint has only four lives.

I had to spend 30 minutes to beat it after publishing after I already took 40 minutes to beat it before publishing to make sure it worked >_< Next time I'll try a easier level...

More levels coming next year! Hope yall look forward to them!

Gotta get back into story mode now. Also checked a couple of others level, I must say there are some good ones! Also 30,000 levels! Thats good, i figured it would be less than that but glad to be proven wrong.

Edit: And 30 levels per person aswell! That was a nice surprise!

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
LBP Vita create mode is acting up. I love create mode on the ps3 but I am having serious problems with this one. For example none of the buttons I put down have any wiring connection. I deleted them. Recreated them. Went to pod. Nothing fixed it...

What gives? This is super frustrating. I am trying to recreate some stuff from the ps3 version.

TheSeks

That's how it is for me as well, MT. I think it's to save framerate or something. HOWEVER: click the < that is the "output" connector for the switches and you'll get the wire. Then connect it to the input and the wires should stay visible until you chose the option to make them invisible.

LBP Vita create mode is acting up. I love create mode on the ps3 but I am having serious problems with this one. For example none of the buttons I put down have any wiring connection. I deleted them. Recreated them. Went to pod. Nothing fixed it...

What gives? This is super frustrating. I am trying to recreate some stuff from the ps3 version.
Take a pic and post it if that's alright.

Goldrusher

So I finally make it past the incredibly frustrating final boss... turns out there's a second battle... and if you die there, you have to replay the first battle. :(

FFS.

TheSeks

Cross-controller is an interesting concept, but not really for me. I'll get the trophies for it (and having to item hunt the five levels. *sigh* I'm getting a little tired of that) and then probably drop it.

test_account

XP-39C²
Today it is possible to get the Christmas Elf pin (play LBP Vita on Christmas Day). Just a heads up, otherwise you must wait a year until the next time it is possible to get it :)

olimpia84

Got this game for Christmas so yay. So far I only completed the fist two levels but I'm already digging the touch controls and it feels like the series belong to the Vita right away.

olimpia84

Finished this game today. Easily the best entry in the series although I didn't like the voiced characters that much but gameplay wise the touch controls are great and the level design had an overall improvement.
My only gripe with this game is that story mode is too damn short. I know that LBP games aren't known for having a meaty campaign but as far as I remember both the original LBP and LBP PSP had longer campaigns... I could be wrong though.

olimpia84

LBP PSP was way short in its campaign. Glad you enjoyed the game though!

It probably felt longer to me because it wasn't as fun as LBP Vita. I think I'll go for 100% prize bubble collection now and then get LBP2, it's the only in the series that I haven't played yet (and Karting as well).

TheSeks

:lol Good luck with the online co-op bubbles. Took 4 of us like 4 hours in extreme lag to do. :/

(I still don't have the 4-player online win achievement. :()

Xenon

:lol Good luck with the online co-op bubbles. Took 4 of us like 4 hours in extreme lag to do. :/

(I still don't have the 4-player online win achievement. :()

All the Co-op bubbles only require 2 players which I was able to knock out in a couple sessions online. Its better if you play with just one other person, less lag.

I recently started going for my platinum, since I was able to get enough people to play my levels. I wasn't going to bother until I got the creation trophies. It took a while to get the 10 aces in a row. I'm working on the Arcade right now. Most of the games were fun. Im not really digging StratoSphere.

olimpia84

Yeah I was going to say I don't remember seeing any "4x" signs in the game at all, only 2x for two players. So far from what I've played online the lag is not as bad as the original LBP but still not good enough to have a solid platforming experience which is a shame.

I haven't fooled around with the level creator yet and probably won't since is too much of a time sink but I will probably try to get a few of the easy trophies from that mode.

Number45

Dammit, I can't seem to download my LBP 1 DLC onto this. I'm sure I used this account (my trophies from that game are on this account) but no download option when I find the content on the Vita store. :(

Only picked this up yesterday so I'm not far in, loving it so far though! ^_^

EDIT: So these aren't compatible - I thought everything was?

HtTrP.jpg

olimpia84

I don't think anything off the first LBP is compatible with the Vita version which is a shame since I own a crapton of content for that game.

TheSeks

I don't think anything off the first LBP is compatible with the Vita version which is a shame since I own a crapton of content for that game.

Er-Yes, they are. Since they were ported to LBP2.

And since LBP2-Portable 2-Karting are all cross-buy....

olimpia84

So how do I transfer all my costumes from the first LBP to the Vita version? I have the Game of the Year edition of the first LBP if that matters

So how do I transfer all my costumes from the first LBP to the Vita version? I have the Game of the Year edition of the first LBP if that matters

You have to own the content on PSN to transfer it. With the GOTY version it's on disk (I believe) so you can't really transfer it.

olimpia84

You have to own the content on PSN to transfer it. With the GOTY version it's on disk (I believe) so you can't really transfer it.

That sucks but it makes sense. First thing I did was check PSN but none of the costumes from the GOTY edition showed up as 'free'. Oh well.

Number45

Apparently not all of the content was made compatible. I've been through my history and picked up all of the content I had (some bought, some free) for the original game:

Single costumes:
Kratos (OK)
Nariko
Spacesuit
Halloween
Sack-Eating Plant
Sack in the Box
Turkey Head
Santa Coat and Boots (OK)
Santa Hat and Beard (OK)
Chinese New Year
Groundhog Day
St. Patrick's Day
Monkey King
Solstice
Sacktue of Liberty
Limited Edition Birthday Cake
Beta Vest (OK)
Cinco de Mayo Mariachi
Perseids
World Peace Day

Costume kits:
Street Fighter
Metal Gear solid
Fragrances

Level kits:
Festive goodies
Metal Gear solid
Creator Pack 1

I could only find those with (OK) when I checked last night. :(

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Apparently not all of the content was made compatible. I've been through my history and picked up all of the content I had (some bought, some free) for the original game:

Single costumes:
Kratos (OK)
Nariko
Spacesuit
Halloween
Sack-Eating Plant
Sack in the Box
Turkey Head
Santa Coat and Boots (OK)
Santa Hat and Beard (OK)
Chinese New Year
Groundhog Day
St. Patrick's Day
Monkey King
Solstice
Sacktue of Liberty
Limited Edition Birthday Cake
Beta Vest (OK)
Cinco de Mayo Mariachi
Perseids
World Peace Day

Costume kits:
Street Fighter
Metal Gear solid
Fragrances

Level kits:
Festive goodies
Metal Gear solid
Creator Pack 1

I could only find those with (OK) when I checked last night. :(

Thanks for that list. Could you tell me which store you are trying to buy them from? (Region and whether you are trying to get them in-game, from the PS3, PSV or web store)
Did you buy them all with the PSN account you are using on your Vita?

All of those costumes should be compatible and I have a few of them on my personal Vita, but there may be issues with your regional store.

Level Kits are not cross-compatible unfortunately.

Number45

The only place I've tried to get them so far is from the download list on the UK store direct on the Vita (see here for an example). Is there another way that I can try? They were all bought on the same UK PSN account (name is the same as username here).

Actually I've just checked again (you can see it in that screen); the Kratos and beta participation costumes (which I have been able to download) actually mention the Vita as the game whereas the others don't - is that because I've managed to download them. or the reason I've been able to download them?

... and a little more digging looks like the download list might not be the way to do this. I've just done a quick search for Zangief and the costume kit shows up and allows me to download free of charge. Nariko only returns a Heavenly Sword level kit (which I don't think I bought, just Nariko). Going to go through and search for each of them one by one and report my findings. :)

Number45

There's an ingame store that allows you to download all the dlc that you don't have installed.
Thanks, I'll check that out later. :)

Maybe sooner, as long as work don't rumble me.

EDIT: OK I managed to find these already on the store by search for Littlebigplanet and just going down the list (it has now changed the corresponding items on my download list to show the Vita version):

Street Fighter Costume kit - Free
Metal Gear Solid costume kit - Free
Kratos costume - Free
Chinese New Year costume - Free
Groundhog Day costume - Free
Solstice costume - Free

The others I can't find at all (either in My Stuff within the game or from the store), aside from Nariko who's now in the Heavenly Sword level kit (which turns up if you search Nariko on the PS store).

Number45

Excuse the double post, but the Sean Brawn levels are great. I'm getting BCR vibes, the music reminds me of Blade Runner and Sean's voice sounds like jive talkin' from Airplane!

Number45

I finished the story mode (loved it, much better than LBP1 which is the only other game I've played) - it seems shorter to me, but the skill levels are a really nice touch to break up the pace (even if some of them are infuriating!).

Currently trying to get through each of the levels without dying. Fun again, but I really wish it would disable all of the prompts second time through. :'(

Number45

I'm not done with all of them, trying to three star them at the moment. The two that frustrated me were the Tetris (am I allowed to say that? :p) one, as it's incredibly easy to push the stack off balance (I did manage to three star it) and the other is the Pang level (I have Alundra open at the moment so I can't check the names) - that one I'm still trying to get to three stars. It might be me but there are times when I'm playing that when it's almost as if the touch is unresponsive - I can be picking up the flowers perfectly then all of a sudden it takes me 4/5/6 attempts to pick it up.

I'm not terribly great at those types of games though, so it's entirely possible it's driven by heat of the moment frustration (as that's usually when it seems to happen).

Really enjoyed the whack-a-mole and wall jumpings ones. From that it seems like it might be those that require intricate touch control that I've struggled with (which is funny, because I also managed to get through the rear touch flying level at the first proper attempt).

I'm looking forward to trying out more of the arcade mode (only briefly touched the first unlocked level) and doing co-op for the unlocks. I can't promise I'll do much/any creating though, I suck at those. :(

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Tapling in The Arcade is really great, I want more levels! D:

Top Bottom