• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
@Number45: That's ok. No one forces you to create levels. :)

@Maxwood: Tapling is my favourite Arcade level is still my favourite level, even after testing playing through it so many times before the release. :)

Number45

Whoever thought that level linking the last two levels is PURE EVIL! D:

That said, I've now done the "No Lives Lost" on all of the story levels. Does that count as aceing the level? I got the pin for aceing Spooky Mansion (as I have done all of the others) but the trophy didn't pop. :/

Can you check what pins you have in the game? Back at work now, will have a look later.

EDIT: WAIT WAIT WAIT. I think I've completely skipped over replaying Jackpot City...

Zen

Banned
Apologies if this has already been answered, but what should you do if your game keeps crashing whenever you try to go into downloads? Most of the time it will say 'a problem has occurred etc etc' but when it boots me back to my pod there aren't any planets...

This is really dampening the longevity pf the title for me, as I'm mainly playing the fantastic All Stars battle Royal and not even bothering seeing what's new in LBP Vita.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Well, you did the right thing by mentioning it here! :)

Is it similar to the issue described over here? If so, it would be great if you could add anything to that post that might help us pin down the issue and fix it.

I'll talk to the QA people when I get back to work tomorrow. It might just be that they are aware of it already.

Zen

Banned
I does sound like it, I'm going to write up a somewhat more detailed post for you guys.

All I want to do is be able to play my downloaded games! D:

Zen

Banned
Is the online pretty much awful for anyone else. Seriously cannot find one game that isn't a laggy mess

Are you consistently joining others games? I never do that because it's generally a laggy mess as you describe. I just get friends whom live relatively close by if I want to play with people.

Unless it's a mini game esque level such as pong or something.

Number45

I haven't done any co-op yet (want to tidy up all of the other collectibles first). Not looking forward to the co-op stuff then if it's laggy. :(

Also, and I need to test this, LBP doesn't auto-upload its saves the same way my others games do to PS+. I've enabled it for the game but it doesn't do it - wonder if it's because of the size of the save?

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
I still see the 'trial version' text on the LiveArea... any chance to fix this? It's bugging me :lol

I'm looking into that at the moment. :)

Update: If you are really bothered by this you can boot you Vita in Safe Mode (Hold the power button + PS button + R) and rebuild your database. That should fix it.

magawolaz

I'm looking into that at the moment. :)

Update: If you are really bothered by this you can boot you Vita in Safe Mode (Hold the power button + PS button + R) and rebuild your database. That should fix it.
Just noticed your edit. Thanks, that did it :)

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Patch 1.07 is available now and reduces the audio skipping that sometimes would occur during download operations. It also adds data for future costumes and stickers.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Patch 1.07 is available now and reduces the audio skipping that sometimes would occur during download operations. It also adds data for future costumes and stickers.

:eek:! :O! :O!!!

It's not for PS3 stickers

WAHHHHHHHHHGARBLEEZZZZ. :mad:

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Haha, no. But I did mention it again to people in much higher positions that there is some demand for old assets the other day. It's quite unlikely, but who knows, maybe one day you'll get your Killzone stickers. :)

Peterthumpa

Just wanted to say by quoting you that I just bought a Vita with 7 games and LBP is by far the most played one.
It's absolutely incredible how good looking this game is. Native resolution be dammed, give me more games with an efficient AA method and awesome lighting like this one.

You guys are amazingly talented. Here's hoping for a LBP Vita 2 down the road. How were the overall sales for this title?

Iacobellis

Thanks! I'll pass on the compliments to the rest of the team. I'm glad you are enjoying. :)

I'm really loving how this game gets continued support, keeping the LBP tradition inline. You don't normally see as many updates and DLC for handheld games.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
In my opinion, you can't really make an LBP game and then say you are done as soon as the game is out. We are certainly trying to support is as long as the powers that be let us. :)

Peterthumpa

Thanks! I'll pass on the compliments to the rest of the team. I'm glad you are enjoying. :)

Thanks. I'm still amazed about how much you guyz squeezed from the Vita in the first attempt. This only makes me more certain that the true potential of this handheld is yet to come.

I hope that the Feb 20th event can bring us some exciting news for the Vita, we need more developers like Tarsier, MM and others jumping aboard.

Iacobellis

In my opinion, you can't really make an LBP game and then say you are done as soon as the game is out. We are certainly trying to support is as long as the powers that be let us. :)

That is very true!

If you don't mind, I have another question. When did you guys start development on LBP? I'm curious as to know how long it takes for games like this to be made. Killzone and Tearaway look like the next ones that will be able to really maximize the potential of the Vita. :)

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Thanks. I'm still amazed about how much you guyz squeezed from the Vita in the first attempt. This only makes me more certain that the true potential of this handheld is yet to come.

I hope that the Feb 20th event can bring us some exciting news for the Vita, we need more developers like Tarsier, MM and others jumping aboard.

We wouldn't have been able to do it without Double Eleven! They have some amazingly talented tech guys.

Peterthumpa

We wouldn't have been able to do it without Double Eleven! They have some amazingly talented tech guys.

For sure!

One question... about the icon in the Story mode where we can check for upcoming levels from the devs (I believe so), has anything been said about it? Should we expect some new levels from you guys, or we're on community hands from now on (not that this is a bad thing :p)?

Damn, got my Vita yesterday, had LBP Vita and Uncharted GA in, and I wouldn't have believe that LBP would be the game of the two dominating my time. I've had both LBP games on ps3, and I really liked 2, but this takes the cake. Reaaaally really good. The touch functionality matches the series perfectly, I can see why they added a touch pad to the dualshock, I'd miss this going back. Just the level design seems so much better even, it's great, it's a little more challenging and generally just more interesting. Only about 2/3rds through world 2 right now, but yea, can't believe how much I'm enjoying this.

Robso

Really enjoying LBP Vita so far but I have one question to ask. I read about LBP costumes purchased in LBP 2 would be cross compatible with Vita. I got the limited edition or special, whichever it was, of 2 and I've checked my download list on my Vita for those costumes and it says they can't be used on a Vita system?

Any ideas? Or does it only count for purchased costumes? :(

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Yes, that only applies for DLC costumes bought from the store.

It's technically not possible for Sony to see whether or not you actually own the Collectors edition so they can't give you the entitlement to the costumes included in special editions.

I believe that if you were to buy the recently released Extras Edition of LBP2 you would actually get vouchers for the costumes to make sure that you can download the included costumes for all LBP games.

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita: Marvel Arcade Pack Coming Next Week

For those of you eagerly salivating over new adventures for Sackboy on the PS Vita … well, you need drool no longer! We are delighted to announce a brand new game add-on for LittleBigPlanet PS Vita; the Marvel – Arcade Pack!

The Marvel – Arcade Pack contains three fantastic new games, each of which will challenge you in very different ways.

In Hero Rush, team up with three of your favourite Marvel heroes – such as Iron Man, Spider-Man, or Thor – and try to survive for as long as you can. Shoot for highscore heroics by avoiding plasma beams, rockets, and all sorts of obstacular trickery. Of course, obstacular isn’t a real word, but you should never let a dictionary get in the way of your thrilling Marvel heroics!

In the mind-bending puzzler Avengers: Ultimate Escape guide several Marvel heroes, including Hulk, Captain America and many more, through a deadly maze. The cool thing about this game is that the challenges you face will be completely different depending on the hero you choose!

And last, but by no means least, we have S.H.I.E.L.D. – Interceptor! Take control of the Quinjet and blast your way through wave after wave of the invading Chitauri hordes. Don’t forget to pick up coins along the way to unlock new weapons in The Vault..

Of course, it wouldn’t be a LittleBigPlanet level pack without a whole host of new create assets to play with and bring your own creations to life! By collecting coins in the arcade games, you can unlock over a hundred new stickers, dozens of decorations, sound effects, and three new interactive music tracks.

The Marvel Arcade Pack will be available on 3rd April priced at £3.99/€4.99, exclusively for LittleBigPlanet PS Vita. Be there, or we’ll send Hulk round to convince you!

http://tarsier.se/littlebigplanetvita/announcing-the-marvel-arcade-pack

45b81e44b8c94fe0974afc1.png

Can't wait! Wish they would add Jean Grey though.

Skyzard

Banned
Looks pretty awesome, nice price too but are there new level packs or are they three new arcade mini-games? Oh can't read, they are arcade games. Hmm not sure about this unless they are particularly good.

Grinchy

Banned
I bought the Marvel pack for LBP so I'm likely to buy this as well. I think the MGS pack might still go down as the best LBP DLC. Those levels were so good.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Yeah, the MGS one is still one of my favourite packs as well. Closely followed by the Move pack. The only annoying thing about the Move pack was that someone in your party had to have Move.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Actually, the patches for LBPV are cumulative, so all patches up to 1.10 take up roughly 150 MB of your memory card.

Excited to see LBP Vita DLC but given that I had literally just finished off the campaign the day it was announced, I was hoping for more levels :( I'll hold off til the videos come up to see what the arcade games are like but being honest, I'm not sure I'll grab them. It's not that £4 doesn't hold value there, it's just not something I'm looking for more of, the games packed in are already great, it's the core platforming I want more of, especially when it's so damn good!

That said, I do want that Nova costume haha this would be a good excuse.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
I think 1.09 and 1.10 were around 10MB in total.

What I meant is that every patch contains all the data from all previous patches. So, if you happen to not turn on LBPV for a few months you won't have to download half a dozen patches. No matter how many patches you missed you will always only have to download one update.

If you get a failed to download message or something like that you can usually press resume and it'll continue from where it failed.

magawolaz

But it doesn't even start the download D:

I have 67MB of free space, LBP is at 1.08 right now (so I need 1.09 and 1.10)

If I understand what you mean, it shouldn't ask for 154 more MB...right?
I don't know what to delete :( Curse you, PS+!

EDIT: VVVV ah, makes sense.

Top Bottom