• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Long Legs - New Nick Cage FBI thriller/horror

tommib

Gold Member
Most overhyped piece of shit I’ve seen in years. Congrats to the marketing team and community managers. The astroturfing made me see it, thinking that this was going to be some fucking horror masterpiece.

It’s a mushy salad of silence of the lambs/seven and “hail satan” ari aster. Super slow and derivative. The scares come from very loud noises and fast editing that makes the whole thing a cheap charade. And the plot makes no sense.

Sorry for the hate but I almost left the cinema. If it wasn’t for my partner mildly enjoying it, I would have done it. Film didn’t deserve my respect. Main actress super annoying as well and you watch her mugshot for most of the film.

That marketing team, though. 🥂

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Fully expecting to dislike this but will give it a shot at some point.

Hype has been top-notch, but I remain less than convinced as frankly I've found most recent American horror movies (particularly of the "elevated" variety) to be either forgettable or plain bad.

Trilobit

Gaf is funny how there's no Official Movie X threads. Instead we have First Teaser Trailer threads as the discussionplaces.

Last edited:

Ovek

7Member7
Watch it at weekend, thought it was good. Not entirely sure where all the critical acclaim is coming from or the 100% on rotten tomatoes.

It does have a perfect running time. Fuck films over 2 hours lol.

Hunter 99

Saw it a couple of days ago,it was pretty enjoyable,not amazing but had some disturbing parts for sure and was slightly different tone from a lot of other horror films of recent.
I liked Nicolas cage performance,I though he played his part well imo

near

Gold Member
Gaf is funny how there's no Official Movie X threads. Instead we have First Teaser Trailer threads as the discussionplaces.
Yeah it would be nice if those creating the threads, would either title accordingly like "Long Legs impressions/spoiler thread", or have a mod retitle the trailer thread if no ones willing to create a new thread for it. Rather than creating multiple splinter threads, with generic thread titles and low effort OPs.

Top Bottom