• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

CoinArt

Dammit, that's a cute Nozomi, but I'd decided to avoid doubling up on events...

And shit, next EN event is Nico, so I won't even get a break after.

Idols are demanding mistresses.

GrandHusk

Next JP SIF event stars Nozomi!
vader.jpg

you told me it was supposed to be Umi!

I wanted to take a break in JP, but that Nozomi is too cute to let it pass

ToT

Qurex

Neo Member
The next event for the Japanese Version is "Score Match Round 16".
The event will start on Friday, 20th February at 4:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC] and end on Saturday, 28th February at 3:00 PM JST [6:00 AM UTC].

The main reward for this event is a Super Rare Card, Toujou Nozomi (Snow Bunny Ver.).
The Normal Card reward for this event is currently unknown, please refer to the rewards list when the event has commmenced.

At the start of the event there will be 8 EASY/NORMAL/HARD stages, 5 EXPERT stages and 6 TECHNICAL stages (new!) in the pool to start with.

A new difficulty mode has been added to this Score Match called TECHNICAL Mode. TECHNICAL mode has a higher difficulty than the currently existing EXPERT mode.

Detailed information about the new TECHNICAL Mode has been translated by Markun, which has been quoted below.
What is Technical Mode?

-A mode targeted towards advanced players. The songs that appear in it are high in difficulty even among other Expert songs.

-The amount of LP consumed and rewards received are the same as Expert. I am not sure if event points received are affected in anyway, but for now I am assuming you get the same amount of event points as if you’re playing Expert.

-When choosing Technical mode, the window will display “Would you like to participate in an Expert Score Match?” Be aware that the song selection for this mode are Expert songs designed for Technical mode.

- The number of songs that will be selected during each rotation for Technical mode is 6. One song will be a daily song on Expert mode and is 11 stars in difficulty. The other 5 songs will be on Random Expert. In other words, every time you play one of the expert songs on Technical mode, the note chart will be different each time you play it. Only the Daily Expert song chart is not randomized.

-There will be songs within the selection that will have a Random Expert chart for the first time.

Details about the new Technical Mode from the EN LLSIF Wiki is below.
  • The TECHNICAL difficulty mode is aimed towards advanced players; LP cost and event point rewards are the same as EXPERT mode
  • TECHNICAL mode includes EX modes of daily stages, as well as Random versions of EX stages 9-star difficulty or higher (this includes non-event stages that haven't been randomized before)
  • When competing in a Random EX, all 4 participants will have the same note layout

From 3:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC], Sunday, 22nd February to 3:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC], Tuesday, 24th February, the Score Match stages will be swapped out with different ones (the number of stages per rank will remain the same, 8 EASY/NORMAL/HARD stages, 5 EXPERT stages and 6 TECHNICAL stages).
From Tuesday, 24th February at 3:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC] until the end of the event, the Score Match stages from the beginning of the event will be added to the pool again, for a total of 16 EASY/NORMAL/HARD stages, 10 EXPERT stages, and 12 TECHNICAL stages

Countdown for the start of the Japanese event on Friday, 20th February at 4:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC].
t1424415600z0.png

Credits to Markun for details on the new TECHNICAL mode and the EN LLSIF Wiki for some info.

---------------------------------------
Tuesday, 17th February 2015

Information of new Love Live! mechandise from Bushiroad!

Love Live! School Notebook [ラブライブ!スクールノート]
A school notebook with illustrations from the popular Love Live! School Idol Festival. [ラブライブ!スクールアイドルフェスティバルで大好評の描きおろしイラストを使用したスクールノートです。]

Price: 350 yen each + tax
Release Date: Tuesday, 28th April 2015
Specifications: Size:B5 (257 mm x 182 mm) Text: 40 sheets, 80 pages [サイズ:B5(257×182㎜) 本文:40枚80P]

※The image is an image it might be different from the actual product.
※HiBiKi EC SHOP! Mail Order (http://hibiki-ec.shop-pro.jp/), for others handling is scheduled by anime goods store. [※HiBiKi EC SHOP!通信販売(http://hibiki-ec.shop-pro.jp/)&#201...356;予定です。]

---------------------------------------
I'm afraid of this happening when I play during school. I instinctively go for the volume button whenever I open the game now =w=;

You could get something like one of those headphone jack mascots, although that might bring it's own problems depending on which one you choose.

Something like this - http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CGD2-41793

fek

No School Idol Paradise localization or S2 BD with a new promo UR announced on NISA's event yesterday but Ucchi (Kotori) voices the main character of Danganronpa Another Episode so there's that

CoinArt

Man, this technical thing is great. I'm not going anywhere near it, of course (it would destroy me), but I'm consistently finishing first or occasionally second now that it's sucked all the better/more senior players out of EX.

Kumubou

Man I was going to get hype for a fifth difficulty setting... but then I realized it's just the daily EX songs and random EX charts. Man, is this game so low-budget that they won't even chart out another difficulty for some songs?

GoXDS

Man I was going to get hype for a fifth difficulty setting... but then I realized it's just the daily EX songs and random EX charts. Man, is this game so low-budget that they won't even chart out another difficulty for some songs?

imo, that's kind of hard to do. the pace for some of the song notes are already physically challenging. EX Solider Game or Beat in Angel, etc, are already in a league of their own. if they're going to do one, they'd have to eventually do them all and I can't imagine something even harder then EX Beat in Angel... and what else would they call it? x_x

in other news: wow, so far I can be within Tier 2 without using Love Gems. that's a first. though probably not gonna stay that way once EX comes out.

Kumubou

imo, that's kind of hard to do. the pace for some of the song notes are already physically challenging. EX Solider Game or Beat in Angel, etc, are already in a league of their own. if they're going to do one, they'd have to eventually do them all and I can't imagine something even harder then EX Beat in Angel... and what else would they call it? x_x

in other news: wow, so far I can be within Tier 2 without using Love Gems. that's a first. though probably not gonna stay that way once EX comes out.
It's pretty common for music-rhythm games to have an extra difficulty that's not always used: Challenge in DDR, Black Anothers in Beatmania IIDX, Infinite/Gravity in Sound Voltex, Extra Extreme in Project Diva, Nightmare in Beatstream, etc.. They're mainly used to either to kind of re-chart a song to bring it more in line with a higher difficulty curve (and a lot of the older songs in LL:SIF could use that as it is) or to add something really outrageous.

What would you call it? As you can see from the examples, you can just pick a random English word and run with it. :p

CoinArt

And insult to injury! I struggle through a miserable performance using the last of my stamina, ready to sleep, and I level up.

Why do idols hate me?

Jintor

the fact that they've developed a mechanic where I actually hate it sometimes when I level up is hilarious

fucking energy mechanics man

Crescent-

It's pretty common for music-rhythm games to have an extra difficulty that's not always used: Challenge in DDR, Black Anothers in Beatmania IIDX, Infinite/Gravity in Sound Voltex, Extra Extreme in Project Diva, Nightmare in Beatstream, etc.. They're mainly used to either to kind of re-chart a song to bring it more in line with a higher difficulty curve (and a lot of the older songs in LL:SIF could use that as it is) or to add something really outrageous.

What would you call it? As you can see from the examples, you can just pick a random English word and run with it. :p

The only problem I can see happening is if phones can handle an even higher difficulty than spicy EXs. My phone can't even handle me playing 3 spicy EXs in a row, the notes always start to lag after 1 spicy EX and it's practically almost impossible to FC the spicy EX during a third run. It's probably possible to play on iPads though.

That being said, I would love a spicy version of the older songs like 1, 2, Jump and Wonderful Rush. Another alternative I see to increase difficulty is using the full versions of the song, though then people can probably rip the full versions of the songs from the game so I don't see this happening (I dunno how easy it is to rip game songs out of mobile games, hence the probably).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The songs are like 5 minutes with a lot of dead time for the bridges... what we get really are the condensed highlights of the song. If people actually wanted the songs enough to rip them from a phone game, they would find easier ways to find the songs elsewhere.

GoXDS

Can't remember if I've PFC'd an EX before. Yeah, it's a really easy song though. =(

congratz! meanwhile I'm having trouble with Mermaid Festa Vol. 1 EX... I'm just not compatible with the middle section and having trouble grasping it T_T

Jintor

Walked into classroom for lunch period, speaker system begins playing lunchtime music

it's love live

a few students at the back start singing and dancing

life is weird

GoXDS

Tier 2 is so calm right now...
even though I accidently wasted 20 LP last night and used 0 Love Gems so far, I am potentially 450 Event Points ahead of the cutoff (potentially because I'm stocking Tokens).

just how bad will it be in 1 hour when EX comes out...

Top Bottom