• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

JoeFu

Banned
8ReeEHz.png

Rick and Nico!!

Wubba lubba Nico Nico ni

Articalys

Countdown to the Love Live portion of the Bushiroad TGS stream:

t1442469600z1.png

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv232961397

I'm not sure why I actually care, since we won't get whatever it is for probably years and who knows if I'll still be playing by then.

If nothing else, it'll be amusing to see Emitsun, Rippi, and Pile all flail around on the giant SIF game.

Anony

i like the part where you assume asians will be the majority going to watch anime movies in Toronto :p

I been to a couple and i swear i could count the number of them in one hand.

i can only speak of my experience (madoka premier in toronto) and yes, majority were asians

fek

Countdown to the Love Live portion of the Bushiroad TGS stream:

t1442469600z1.png

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv232961397

I'm not sure why I actually care, since we won't get whatever it is for probably years and who knows if I'll still be playing by then.

If nothing else, it'll be amusing to see Emitsun, Rippi, and Pile all flail around on the giant SIF game.
We will probably hear a preview of the new song as well.

Rewatching the show and I'm enjoying it waay more than my first time through. It's so much better after you know the characters. I thought the season 1 was pretty unremarkable, but I am really liking it now. Almost finished all of season 1 yesterday lol.
I did that last weekend, also watched the 30 minutes recap video a few times

GoXDS

Woo! the movie was fun. thankfully the crowd was respectful enough to be quiet.
I was lucky to be the only one in my group to get my first pick of the shikishi I wanted!
also didn't know this spot from the movie even existed! some of my friends did though
http://i.imgur.com/Z6UYPtS.jpg the store above it is a bit...
not sure how to spoiler tag an image =\

m0t0k1

I actually prefer the non idolized cards for a change.

Omg nice draw on the UR it took some resources but the card looks nice. So will you idolize it?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Four SRs and a UR and you complain!?

If I got that and they were all Nicos I'd still not begrudge it.

JoeFu

Banned
I'm an idiot that throws money into game for draws, and I didn't get Nico :(

I got thief Eli though, but I didn't want it :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm an idiot that throws money into game for draws, and I didn't get Nico :(

I got thief Eli though, but I didn't want it :(

And this is why I only throw money at physical goods. If I'm going to give Love Live some money for the game I'd rather get something I want rather than something reliant on the RNG Goddesses.

And you could say Eli stole your money tee hee hee

Articalys

And how many souls did you have to sacrifice to the idol gods (goddesses?) to get that much luck?

---------------------------------------

Anyway, the next event for the English version of the game is on deck: it's Umi's School Idol Diary story event, Forever Friends. Close enough to the more direct name translation "Two Childhood Friends", but a tad less wordy.
As you can see, it's yet another nine-day event, which is at least better than that last screwup of event timing. I wonder if we'll ever get back to a full ten days...

Your event normie this time around is Isabella, who gets some sort of spy/ninja/bodysuit thing once idolized, while Umi herself transforms from a mild-mannered fashionista into what appears to be a very reluctant cross between a superhero and a magical girl.

Another set of EX songs also rolls in with this event: Love Marginal EX debuts and will be sticking around through October 5, while the EX versions for Wonder Zone, Cutie Panther, and Anone Ganbare will respectively cycle back through between 9/16-9/25, 9/21-9/30, and 9/26-10/5.

GoXDS

yea, seriously. when are they going back to 10 day events. last event was just atrocious in timing (3 days earlier than typical...could've easily started on the 4th Friday to 14th Monday and still not have to work the weekend...) and now we still have to pay for it this event because of it. since this next event is gonna end early in the month, too, this horrid cycle seems like it'll continue...

inb4 permanent shift to event on the ~1st and ~15th of every month rather than ~5th and ~20th

Articalys

I don't think there's any logic to how KLab operates anymore for the English version except "most of what the Japanese version got, except one year later and implemented haphazardly".

firehawk12

Subete no aware
For what it's worth, the TW version seems to operate on the same schedule. I don't know if those two are meant to be in sync or something.

GoXDS

I don't think there's any logic to how KLab operates anymore for the English version except "most of what the Japanese version got, except one year later and implemented haphazardly".

yeah... off the top of my head, the stuff we didn't get were: the update to 7 units (rather than 5 and other stuff), halved Rank <100 exp to lvl, and the Event Box guaranteed SR (which would've salvaged my apparently horrible luck last time...), which they...may add this event? who knows

For what it's worth, the TW version seems to operate on the same schedule. I don't know if those two are meant to be in sync or something.

maybe Mobimon Inc is KLab Global in disguise

Qurex

Neo Member
Event Maintenance time will last for 2 hours this time.
Starting at 7:00 AM UTC and finishing at 9:00 AM UTC

Countdown until the start of the event maintenance period
t1442386800z0.png

---------------
The next event for the English version is Forever Friends (Original JP Event Name &#24188;&#12394;&#12376;&#12415;&#12398;2&#20154;&#12290;, Osananajimi no Futari., lit. The 2 Childhood Friends ).

This is a token collecting event, you will be collecting "Wings" tokens.
Wing.png

This is the sixth of the collaboration events with the "Love Live School idol diary" series from Kadokawa.
As you gain event points you will unlock a chapter from a popular scenario - this time featuring Umi.

The event will start on Wednesday, 16th September at 9:00 AM UTC and end on Friday, 25th September at 8:00 AM UTC.

The main prize for this event is a Cool Super Rare Card, Sonoda Umi (Hero Ver.) [Super Rare #417]. Here is the idolised version of the Event Super Rare.
Max Level: 80, HP: 4
Smile: 3570, Pure: 3800, Cool: 4690
Appeal: A Hero Has Arrived! - Every 9 seconds, there is a 15% chance of increasing player's score by 600 points. (Level 1)
Center Skill: Cool Heart - Increases Cool points.

The Normal Card reward for this event is a Pure Card, Isabella [Normal #416]. Here is the idolised version of the Event Normal.
Max Level: 40, HP: 3
Smile: 470, Pure: 2190, Cool: 780
Appeal: None
Center Skill: None

The event song is "Yuuki no Reason" (&#21191;&#27671;&#12398;Reason).
It is sung by Sonoda Umi. This song is track 3 from the trio single, soldier game, sung by y Sonoda Umi, Nishikino Maki, and Ayase Eli. It was released on July 25, 2012 . The song is also included in &#956;'s Best Album Best Live! Collection.

Here is the note distribution for the song:
Cl9wUsz.png

From Tuesday, 22nd September, 12 AM UTC, until the end of the event, the following specials will be run.

4x version of the event song, it costs 4x the tokens but you get 4x the points (Easy - 60, Normal - 120, Hard - 180).
Expert Event song, a higher difficulty version of the event song which costs 75 tokens.
Randomised Notes Expert Event song, the same as the Expert Event song as above, except the notes are randomised!
None of these above versions count towards the Event Song Ranking.

Extra Bonus G - There will also be extra bonus G from select songs. 150% for Normal and 200% for Hard. Eligible songs change daily.

Countdown for the start of the English event on Wednesday, 16th September at 9:00 AM UTC.
t1442394000z0.png

Credits to the LLSIF Wiki for some of the info.

---------------------------
Some slightly old news

Tuesday, 8th September 2015.

Commerative Campaign for reaching 12 Million Users!

Thank you for always playing SchFes.
This time on Sunday, 6th September 2015, the number of SchFes Users reached 12 million!
In commemoration of this, for 7 day starting from Wednesday 16th September 2015, 1 Loveca Stone will be given as a special login bonus, this will run for 7 days for a total of 7 Loveca.
Please continue to support SchFes in the future

Note: this campaign is currently underway, having started today.

----------------------------------------------
Wednesday, 9th September 2015.
Love Live! Sunshine!! Official Site opening!

The official site for Love Live! Sunshine!! has been opened!

Click here for more information about the Staff and Cast
Click here for the Member Introductions
Click here for more information about the CDs

Aqours debut Single "Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru Kai?" will be released on wednesday 7th October, Preview videos and CMs are now out!
Promo Video Aqours debut Single "Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru Kai?"
Love Live Sunshine!! Aqours Debut Single comes with Step! ZERO to ONE and Aqours&#9734;HEROES

Messages from the members of Aqours, also planning "After School Talk", by all means please check it out!
After School Talk

Notes: for translations for the member introductions from the official website and other similar member details I recommend visiting the Love Live Wiki pages for the members of Aqours,
Takami Chika
Sakurauchi Riko
Matsuura Kanan
Kurosawa Dia
Watanabe You
Tsushima Yoshiko
Kunikida Hanamaru
Ohara Mari
Kurosawa Ruby

---------------

It's probably been noted already that the debut single will unusually contain 3 songs rather than 2 songs like most of the previous main Love Live singles.
Consequently this means that only the A-Side song Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru Kai? will have an off-vocal version. The 2 B-side songs Step! ZERO to ONE and Aqours&#9734;HEROES will not have off-vocal versions.

Tracklist

Music Part
01. Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru Kai? [&#21531;&#12398;&#12371;&#12371;&#12429;&#12399;&#36637;&#12356;&#12390;&#12427;&#12363;&#12356;&#65311;] - Lyrics: Hata Aki, Composer: Mitsumasu Hajime, Arranger: EFFY [&#20316;&#35422;&#65306;&#30033; &#20124;&#36020;&#12288;&#20316;&#26354;&#65306;&#20809;&#22679;&#12495;&#12472;&#12513;&#12288;&#32232;&#26354;&#65306;EFFY]
02. Step! ZERO to ONE - Lyrics: Aki Hata, Composer and Arranger: Takada Kyo [&#20316;&#35422;&#65306;&#30033; &#20124;&#36020;&#12288;&#20316;&#32232;&#26354;&#65306;&#39640;&#30000; &#26241;]
03. Aqours&#9734;HEROES - Lyrics: Aki Hata, Composer and Arranger: Kazunori Watanabe [&#20316;&#35422;&#65306;&#30033; &#20124;&#36020;&#12288;&#20316;&#32232;&#26354;&#65306;&#28193;&#36794;&#21644;&#32000;]
04. Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru Kai? (Off Vocal) [&#21531;&#12398;&#12371;&#12371;&#12429;&#12399;&#36637;&#12356;&#12390;&#12427;&#12363;&#12356;&#65311;(Off Vocal)]

Greetings Message
05. Takami Chika (CV. Inami Anju)
06. Sakurauchi Riko (CV. Aida Rikako)
07. Matsuura Kanan (CV. Suwa Nanaka
08. Kurosawa Dia (CV. Komiya Arisa)
09. Watanabe You (CV. Saitou Shuka)
10. Tsushima Yoshiko (CV. Kobayashi Aika)
11. Kunikida Hanamaru (CV. Takatsuki Kanako)
12. Ohara Mari (CV. Suzuki Aina)
13. Kurosawa Ruby (CV. Furihata Ai)

First Print Bonus
Aqours Member Profile Cards (1 at random from 9)
Serial number to apply for the launch event [&#30330;&#22770;&#35352;&#24565;&#12452;&#12505;&#12531;&#12488;&#12395;&#24540;&#21215;&#20986;&#26469;&#12427;&#12471;&#12522;&#12450;&#12523;&#12490;&#12531;&#12496;&#12540;&#20837;&#12426;]

The Lyrics for all 3 tracks as always are by Aki Hata, the main lyricist for the Love Live Series.

The composer for the 1st track, Mitsumasu Hajime, has not previously worked on the Love Live! Series. Fairly new, his previous works include mainly composing and arranging various songs for a couple anime series released in the past 2 years, As well as a few other works/
To name a few this includes composing the 1st ED theme for Akuma no Riddle "Paradox", "HIGH JUMP NO LIMIT" [THE IDOLM@STER SideM ST@RTING LINE-04 High×Joker].
Character songs for Yuki Yuna wa Yuusha de Aru and Seikentsukai no World Break.
As well as Angel Blossom [OP Theme for Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid by Nana Mizuki] and Aitakatta Sora [the theme song for Kyokai no Kanata the Movie -I'LL BE HERE by Minori Chihara]. He has collaborated with EFFY for a few of these works such as Angel Blossom.

The arranger for the 1st track, EFFY (real name Moribe Kousuke), has previously only worked on one song for the series, arranging the A-side song "Bokutachi wa Hitotsu no Hikari" for the 3rd Love Live Movie single.

The composer and arranger for the 2nd track Takada Kyo, has composed and or arranged several songs previously for the franchise. Notably this includes arranging the A-Side &#956;'s debut single "Bokura no LIVE Kimi to no LIFE", arranging the A-Side &#956;'s 3rd single Natsuiro Egao de 1,2,Jump! and composing and arranging the 1st ending song for the anime "Kitto Seishun ga Kikoeru".
His other works in the series include the SIF collab Takaramonozu, the Dengeki G's Magazine Collab song Mi wa &#956;'sic no Mi, Anemone heart, Diamond Princess no Yuutsu, WILD STARS and Yume Naki Yume wa Yume ja nai.

The composer and arranger for the 3rd track, Kazunori Watanabe, has composed and or arranged several songs previously for the franchise.
His works include arranging Mermaid festa vol.1 the B-side for &#956;'s 3rd single Natsuiro Egao de 1,2,Jump!. Arranging COLORFUL VOICE the B-side for the Anime's 2nd ED Donna Toki mo Zutto
His other works include composing and arranging the BiBi song Natsu, Owaranai De, doing the same for lily white song Onaji Hoshi ga Mitai. As well doing the same for the Anime BD LE songs Soshite Saigo no Peeji ni Wa and Suki desu ga Suki desu ka?.

---------------------

With the opening of the official page for Love Live! Sunshine!! the old homepage for the anime has been turned into a portal site which leads to subsites for &#956;'s and Aqours
The homepages for each group uses the names for their school in the url path to denote each "sub site".
http://lovelive-anime.jp/otonokizaka/ - for Love Live! School idol project and &#956;'s
http://lovelive-anime.jp/uranohoshi/ - for Love Live Sunshine!! and Aqours

Due to this some of the links to the old site will likely be broken in various news articles/posts/etc... across the internet.
This mainly applies to links that were directly connected to the old main page and does not affect some pages like the news section.

These can mainly be "fixed" by adding "otonokizaka/" to the url. Example:
Old Link: http://lovelive-anime.jp/bd.html
New Link: http://lovelive-anime.jp/otonokizaka/bd.html

---------------------
Upon the opening of the official site for Love Live! Sunshine!! several CMs for the 1st single was posted.
Aqours Debut Single Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru Kai?
Aqours Debut Single Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru Kai? (60 sec ver.)
Aqours Debut Single Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru Kai? (30 sec ver.)
Aqours Debut Single Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru Kai? (15 sec ver.)
Love Live Sunshine!! Aqours Debut Single comes with Step! ZERO to ONE and Aqours&#9734;HEROES
Notes:
Step! ZERO to ONE is previewed from the start through to approx 1 min 51 sec
Aqours&#9734;HEROES is previewed from approx. 1 min 52 Sec through to the end of the video at 3 min 40 sec

---------------------------
Sunday, 13th September 2015.
Love Live! Ranks 5th Among Shochiku Films Since 2000 With 2.53 Billion Yen

Among the Japanese films released by movie production and distribution company Shochiku since 2000, the film ranks fifth highest in earnings, surpassed only by the 2003 Zatoichi movie (2.85 billion yen), Yatterman (3.14 billion), Love and Honor (4.11 billion yen), and Departures (6.46 billion yen).

Among Shochiku films released since 2010, Love Live! The School Idol Movie has surpassed Hot Road (2.47 billion yen), Ot&#333;to (2.1 billion yen), and the K-ON! movie (1.9 billion yen) in earnings.

See the source for slightly more details regarding the progression of the movie's profits.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/n...films-since-2000-with-2.53-billion-yen/.92669

fek

With the opening of the official page for Love Live! Sunshine!! the old homepage for the anime has been turned into a portal site which leads to subsites for &#956;'s and Aqours
The homepages for each group uses the names for their school in the url path to denote each "sub site".
http://lovelive-anime.jp/otonokizaka/ - for Love Live! School idol project and &#956;'s
http://lovelive-anime.jp/uranohoshi/ - for Love Live Sunshine!! and Aqours

Due to this some of the links to the old site will likely be broken in various news articles/posts/etc... across the internet.
This mainly applies to links that were directly connected to the old main page and does not affect some pages like the news section.

These can mainly be "fixed" by adding "otonokizaka/" to the url. Example:
Old Link: http://lovelive-anime.jp/bd.html
New Link: http://lovelive-anime.jp/otonokizaka/bd.html
Official Love Live twitter also changed their icon from Honoka to the Love Live logo, for some reason that was really sad

JoeFu

Banned
:(

I really hope &#956;'s stay around forever. Please don't go away :( :( :(

I'm not sure I'll really care for the sunshine girls

elhaym

Caught the last showing of the movie last night here in Virginia, we may have had too much fun during SUNNY DAY SONG. At least I got the dang board I wanted!

I have a code for a Nozomi SR that I haven't redeemed yet, still hoping to trade for an Umi, but it seems increasingly unlikely. =(

Been too busy this weekend. Now I only have an hour to grind out songs before this Zelda concert... Question though, has anyone updated to iOS9 yet? Kind of don't want to lock myself out of the event if LLSIF doesn't work...

Marche90

Man, the timing doesn't seem any better for me, and now the audio is completely degraded as well. The hell are you doing KLab?!

As things stand right now, my old iPhone 3Gs runs the game better than my less-than-2-years-old Android phone. Lag is nonexistent on it, other than dropping some frames due to the ancient hardware (600 mhz single-core processor, anyone?) but since the screen is so small, I still tend to miss notes due to not hitting the circles. Bad sound quality is still an issue, but at least it's playable.

If it wasn't for that, I would have dropped the game like a hot-potato, and I'm afraid that KLab will do jack for fixing the game on Android.

elhaym

My iPad Air 2 is fucking useless to play right now, even with the timing "adjusted." On an (regular) EX, I can normally get under 20 greats, this is where I'm at now. Timing completely screwed, random drops on holds. Absolute crap.

tenton

Caught the last showing of the movie last night here in Virginia, we may have had too much fun during SUNNY DAY SONG. At least I got the dang board I wanted!

I have a code for a Nozomi SR that I haven't redeemed yet, still hoping to trade for an Umi, but it seems increasingly unlikely. =(

Been too busy this weekend. Now I only have an hour to grind out songs before this Zelda concert... Question though, has anyone updated to iOS9 yet? Kind of don't want to lock myself out of the event if LLSIF doesn't work...

I might have gone to a few showings over the weekend.

&#12480;&#12524;&#12459;&#12479;&#12473;&#12465;&#12486;&#12316;&#65281;Someone help me!

(I need a Maki SR code to complete that set)

Top Bottom