• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

GoXDS

gotta love the connectivity issues and maintenances... oh wait! here's another one! =P
did they mention a time frame?

Game felt good when I played earlier this morning after the maintainence but played like 30 minutes ago and it felt even worse than before.

Azuran

Banned
The dream is real GAF. The gods decided to bless me in my first ever scouting session:

asbaQgd.png

Feels good.

Azuran

Banned
Thanks guys!

Your first ever? Wow. Congrats. It took me months to get one, and I always wait for the guaranteed SR before pulling.

Yup! I only started playing this 2 weeks ago so I was really happy to see it pop up. My friend who got me into the game loves to tell me how bad the RNG is, so she was even more surprised than me when the gold box popped up lol

Anony

Congrats!

I still don't have a UR [non-promotional] and I've been playing since launch. ;_;

how often do u play? u can get ~ 50 love gems every 2 or 3 months from my experience, but i minimum get all the free obtainable love gems that you get from events and song completion + score

but it's been out for over a year now right (in english)? if it was me with your luck, i probably would have quit already

those 5x scout coupons are 30% chance UR or something, that's probably ur best bet

chrono01

how often do u play? u can get ~ 50 love gems every 2 or 3 months from my experience, but i minimum get all the free obtainable love gems that you get from events and song completion + score

but it's been out for over a year now right (in english)? if it was me with your luck, i probably would have quit already

those 5x scout coupons are 30% chance UR or something, that's probably ur best bet
I play hard-core during every event, scoring a second SR every time [outside of band Eli which I only managed one]. I finish the story content and play any new songs, as well. I've done so many pulls, I even purchased a few Loveca bundles early on. I'd just had no luck. :(

I used 2x Scout Coupon pulls too, only SR.

Labrys

I play hard-core during every event, scoring a second SR every time [outside of band Eli which I only managed one]. I finish the story content and play any new songs, as well. I've done so many pulls, I even purchased a few Loveca bundles early on. I'd just had no luck. :(

I used 2x Scout Coupons too, only SR.

Good on you for getting so many T2s, though. Honoka was my first T2 and Raincoat Rin was my first event SR. I'm sure you'll get a UR eventually, the RNG really does suck.

chrono01

Good on you for getting so many T2s, though. Honoka was my first T2 and Raincoat Rin was my first event SR. I'm sure you'll get a UR eventually, the RNG really does suck.
Thanks. My Rank is pretty high [187] since I go for a second SR in every event, so I guess it helps give the Loveca spent more use than they normally would. I usually walk away from an event with 1-2 extra Loveca than when I start, thanks to the ones gained through normal event-playing as well as idolizing the new members].

And I won't give up hope, not until I get a UR of my very own! Well, one that isn't a promotional one anyway.

Labrys

Thanks. My Rank is pretty high [187] since I go for a second SR in every event, so I guess it helps give the Loveca spent more use than they normally would. I usually walk away from an event with 1-2 extra Loveca than when I start, thanks to the ones gained through normal event-playing as well as idolizing the new members].

And I won't give up hope, not until I get a UR of my very own! Well, one that isn't a promotional one anyway.

My rank is only 84 right now, yours is super impressive. I spent around 12 loveca on the Honoka event. My UR was totally random, it's the Cheerleader Rin and I got it when the first batch of Mermaid cards was out. I have rotten luck usually so I was really surprised.

GoXDS

I usually walk away from an event with 1-2 extra Loveca than when I start, thanks to the ones gained through normal event-playing as well as idolizing the new members].

really now. going from this event as reference, cutoff was roughly 45000. that would mean I would've needed to spend ~8 Love gems (that sound about right to you?)

reaching 45000 gets you 5 Love Gems + 2 from Event N and Event SR + 2~3 from Attendance so yea, roughly 2 (so you're getting ~7 Love Gems surplus a month? up to 12 or so factoring Token EX?)

chrono01

really now. going from this event as reference, cutoff was roughly 45000. that would mean I would've needed to spend ~8 Love gems (that sound about right to you?)

reaching 45000 gets you 5 Love Gems + 2 from Event N and Event SR + 2~3 from Attendance so yea, roughly 2 (so you're getting ~7 Love Gems surplus a month? up to 12 or so factoring Token EX?)
Yeah, that sounds about right.

It's not much of a gain, but I'm earning more than I spend [unless I do horribly on the event songs or have connection errors resulting in lost LP]. You also forgot to factor in Rank Up's, which I managed to have two with the past Honoka event. I never counted, but spending around six Loveca for the second event Honoka sounds accurate enough.

Marche90

Hmm... I started to wonder if the timing issues only happens on Android.

Today I moved my account from my main phone to my iPhone 3GS in order to save space on there and still be able to get the log in prizes; I wasn't planning to play there because the last time I played there it was stuttery as hell .However, when I played one round there after the transfer was complete, not only I noticed that the stutters were less severe (managed to play and complete Soldier Game on EX and finally get the FC on the new song), the timing issues were nonexistent there. Can anyone confirm on this?

Looks like I'll keep playing the game for a while longer, while also starting Starlight Stage on my Android one :lol

Articalys

I usually walk away from an event with 1-2 extra Loveca than when I start
But that's only really possible once you're at a high enough level to maximize the efficiency you get from using LS to restore your full LP, right? It took me 20 gems at around LVL 100 (so 75 LP) to tier in the ghost Maki event last month and even that only kept me barely above the T2 cutoff, and there's no way I finished the event with more than when I started.

GoXDS

Yeah, that sounds about right.

It's not much of a gain, but I'm earning more than I spend [unless I do horribly on the event songs or have connection errors resulting in lost LP]. You also forgot to factor in Rank Up's, which I managed to have two with the past Honoka event. I never counted, but spending around six Loveca for the second event Honoka sounds accurate enough.

eh, 8 Love gems means 32 EX songs for me so 2656 exp, which is like 55%, which may or may not be a Rank Up. the other Rank ups were already factored. I ended at 32506 but I could've easily been at 33000~33500 if I didn't "finish" early. so 12000 at a reasonable estimate of 375 per EX song means 32 EX songs, and I get 4 EX per Gem/Rank Up (104 LP) thus, 8 gems.

I'm now debating whether to go for Tier 2 from now on (if I neglect UR, I'm getting a lot more SR for my Love Gems worth since R are useless to me now [finally scouted the last copy today]) along with much stronger teams) or if I really want those UR attempts... 1 pull every 4~4.5 months compared to 1 pull every ~2 months... hmm...

chrono01

But that's only really possible once you're at a high enough level to maximize the efficiency you get from using LS to restore your full LP, right? It took me 20 gems at around LVL 100 (so 75 LP) to tier in the ghost Maki event last month and even that only kept me barely above the T2 cutoff, and there's no way I finished the even with more than when I started.
Yeah, you won't start to see a gain until you can maybe run Expert [25 LP per] maybe...4 times per refresh. I can run it close to 5 times now at 118 LP, I just wait a bit to replenish 7 stamina before I use another Loveca.

Some events are definitely worse than others, though. If it's of a less popular character I have a better chance to gain Loveca rather than lose, but for some [such as the Ghost Maki you mentioned] it can be really difficult.

I'm now debating whether to go for Tier 2 from now on (if I neglect UR, I'm getting a lot more SR for my Love Gems worth since R are useless to me now [finally scouted the last copy today] along with much stronger teams) or if I really want those UR attempts... 1 pull every 4~4.5 months compared to 1 pull every ~2 months... hmm...
I switched to aiming for second tier and nothing else for this reason. Early on, I did a ten-pull around three-four times [two of those being spent with real $$$], and after getting nothing but a single SR in each of them [well, the last gave me two IIRC, but it was one I already had idolized from an event], I figured they'd be better spent during events, where I'm guaranteed something new as well as gaining XP to further my rank so I can get more use out of each refresh.

It's a bit difficult waiting longer to do a ten-pull, but when you have a history like mine, it's manageable. I saved up and did 3x ten-pulls during the Panda Nico event and didn't get her, or any UR for that matter. That disappointed me.

GoXDS

hmm...I may start doing Tier 2s until I start getting full teams of Idolized SR then switch to only doing for cards I like then. either that or do for cards I like from the start.

actually, looking at the last Maki Event, I would've needed...~16 Love Gems?! not even sure why I ranked so low that event

Hachitora

hmm...I may start doing Tier 2s until I start getting full teams of Idolized SR then switch to only doing for cards I like then. either that or do for cards I like from the start

I did that when I started the game. Events were the main ways I got good cards since RNG hates my guts (still kinda does)

Also, debating on whether or not I should go for tier 2 on this Umi event. It was pretty easy in JP, but idk if it'll be the same for EN.

chrono01

I did that when I started the game. Events were the main ways I got good cards since RNG hates my guts (still kinda does)

Also, debating on whether or not I should go for tier 2 on this Umi event. It was pretty easy in JP, but idk if it'll be the same for EN.
Umi-chan is worth it.

Articalys

Yeah, I only started thinking about tiering after rainbow Eli, though even that was only going to be for the ones where I thought the idolized card looked way better than the regular version, and ghost Maki was the next event coming up that met that rule. Though after seeing the numbers crunched I might just start gunning for all of them, eating the per-event LP loss for a bit. I'm sitting on a stockpile right now of around 260; it's not like I'm going to do any gachas for a while (if ever again) so I can certainly afford it.
The hard part will be accepting the 10 or so I've passed up on since starting the game, but that's just something you need to live with.
Ironically though, I'm way overpowered in Cool cards right now and the most underpowered in Pure cards, so the immediate event lineup for the next couple months is actually less than ideal in that sense.

And also:
My rank is only 84 right now, yours is super impressive. I spent around 12 loveca on the Honoka event.
I never thought about this, but the bonus LP from level-ups means that people at lower levels actually can spend (slightly) less loveca and still tier in events, compared to people in midrange levels. Of course they also have to be a bit more attentive and play more often so they don't waste LP, but still.

Labrys

I never thought about this, but the bonus LP from level-ups means that people at lower levels actually can spend (slightly) less loveca and still tier in events, compared to people in midrange levels. Of course they also have to be a bit more attentive and play more often so they don't waste LP, but still.

Yeah, I leveled up a few times during the event and it definitely helped a lot. I'm actually really close to a level up from the very end of the event. I'm not sure If I want to tier in the next event (especially if the timing is still acting up), but I definitely want to try for Harvest Goddess Hanayo and Cat Rin.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
using love gems to gain rank in events is a waste of time imo
save your money/love gem for 10+1
It depends. Once you have a full team of SRs, you need to start idolizing them to start improving. Or, you have to get URs.

Spending 10-12 gems per event though... that's just so much playing for me. lol
(Really need to drop another version)

----

Oh god, I hate how my luck works in the TW version. Did 250 loveca draws, which somehow gave me 9 blue tickets as well. Got like 6 of the Hanayo SR, 4 random SR, the new Umi UR and a Honkers UR from the blue tickets. I can't quit youuuu.

ZetaEpyon

using love gems to gain rank in events is a waste of time imo
save your money/love gem for 10+1

Is it though? On most of my 10+1 draws, I've gotten only the guaranteed SR - so that works out to 50 gems for one SR. I would certainly need to spend less than 50 gems to tier an event and get an extra SR out of it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is it though? On most of my 10+1 draws, I've gotten only the guaranteed SR - so that works out to 50 gems for one SR. I would certainly need to spend less than 50 gems to tier an event and get an extra SR out of it.
The draw SRs are almost always better than the event ones, in terms of skills and raw numbers. It's just that you are guaranteed to be able to idolize if you get the event ones.

CoinArt

I just don't want to play as much SIF as T2ing requires, regardless of how many or few loveca it takes. Maybe for a really, really good Nico....

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I just don't want to play as much SIF as T2ing requires, regardless of how many or few loveca it takes. Maybe for a really, really good Nico....

Same. I've already cut down to just doing events of my favourites. By the end of them I always just want the event to end. On the last two occasions I didn't even play beyond getting the SR to keep my rank up. Luckily it's really easy to get the scouting ticket now.

Labrys

I have 3 idolized SRs, 2 from draws and the Honoka from the event.
The 2 from draws are Animal Maki and China Dress Eli.

Articalys

I think the real problem here is that some of us have shit tier luck while the rest of you have Nozomi levels of luck

----------------

edit:
Remember to check the game once your time zone rolls over to the 12th for the μ's birthday wishes for Kotori!
(of course, it's been going on for several hours in Japan, but I forgot until now)

fek

Happy birthday Kotori!
I hope everyone enjoys the movie. Will be waiting to hear the impressions.

Anyway, last weekend it was announced that our living hope, the weekly radio show, NozoEli Radio Garden is going to end in 3 episodes. Here's the announcement from the 88th episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WEWrEECbC0

Himemiya

In JP I at least know I've only idolized SRs from events. There is a pulled one I could idolize but it wouldn't be as cute (cafe maid Honoka). What's this about improving teams?

Have an idolized UR though. :^)

m0t0k1

Why was I born in Europe T-T

How will I ever be able to watch a movie about singing cartoon girls in the cinema?

I'm jealous

At least we got to see the Professor Layton movie before US. It also had a singing cartoon girl :p but she sang Opera that's good too right?

DiGiKerot

Why was I born in Europe T-T

How will I ever be able to watch a movie about singing cartoon girls in the cinema?

I'm jealous

Hey, I'm totally going to see it in Scotland next month!

If it makes you feel any better, apparently they've just had to cancel the New Jersey screening after two or three attempts to restart the movie due to the fact they couldn't get the sound to work (probably somewhat ironic given the venues proximity to, you know, New York and all that)

-edit- Apparently, it turned out even worse than that, meaning they played the movie without sound, turning it into a screening full of people attempting to fandub/MST3K-ing it. Whelp.

And, what did you guys think of it?

Seems eerily quiet in here....

Hey, I'm totally going to see it in Scotland next month!

If it makes you feel any better, apparently they've just had to cancel the New Jersey screening after two or three attempts to restart the movie due to the fact they couldn't get the sound to work (probably somewhat ironic given the venues proximity to, you know, New York and all that)

-edit- Apparently, it turned out even worse than that, meaning they played the movie without sound, turning it into a screening full of people attempting to fandub/MST3K-ing it. Whelp.

Yipes, that's certainly something else.

Top Bottom