• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

JoeFu

Banned
Sorry haven't posted movie impression. Don't want to say too much, but I loved it. Such a good end to the series :(

Had a tear come out towards the end :(

CoinArt

xJAObn3.jpg

Himemiya

I'll post about the movie when I'm not so tired, but if you went you'd know
that what PK just posted would work so well with Tsubasa, Maki, Nozomi, and NICO.

Labrys

Went to the movie (twice), had a lovely time!
I ended up with a Rin, Maki and Honoka board and Rin, Eli, Hanayo and Kotori game codes.

Movie was really good, made me really sad though.

Articalys

Trying to full combo Niko puri Joshi dou has become an exercise in futility for me. Each time I play the song I manage to screw up on a completely different part than the last. The worst are the ones where I mess up the last few notes.

Also, I hate all you getting those shikishi prints. Unless you get a different idol than the one you wanted, in which case I'm still jealous but laugh at your slight misfortune.
Still not worth subjecting myself to an American audience for an anime movie though.

JoeFu

Banned
Trying to full combo Niko puri Joshi dou has become an exercise in futility for me. Each time I play the song I manage to screw up on a completely different part than the last. The worst are the ones where I mess up the last few notes.

Also, I hate all you getting those shikishi prints. Unless you get a different idol than the one you wanted, in which case I'm still jealous but laugh at your slight misfortune.
Still not worth subjecting myself to an American audience for an anime movie though.

What? What's wrong with watching these movies here?

Articalys

What? What's wrong with watching these movies here?
For anime movies especially, I prefer a more controlled environment. Almost every experience I've had watching anime movies at a theater has had an audience that laughs at inappropriate moments, is on their cellphones constantly, making random comments, etc. It'd probably be about three times worse with a series that has as big a fanbase as Love Live is. I just don't feel like subjecting myself to that for the first time I watch the movie.

JoeFu

Banned
Lol what? Because you had a bad experience at your theater doesn't mean everywhere is like that. The showing I went to was perfect.

CoinArt

Then you're fortunate enough to have had a good theater group. I've had problems pretty much any time I've tried.

I know the sort of audience your talking about. Everyone at ours was really, really excited about the movie, so they got loud at times but very quickly settled down because they really, really wanted to hear what came next. That said, even with a more obnoxious audience, the chance to see anime on the big screen is rare enough that I wouldn't pass it up. In the future, if you happen to live in a place with an Alamo Drafthouse, they're a safe bet for a quiet audience.

Mokoi

Banned
I know the sort of audience your talking about. Everyone at ours was really, really excited about the movie, so they got loud at times but very quickly settled down because they really, really wanted to hear what came next. That said, even with a more obnoxious audience, the chance to see anime on the big screen is rare enough that I wouldn't pass it up. In the future, if you happen to live in a place with an Alamo Drafthouse, they're a safe bet for a quiet audience.
Heh just came from there.

I enjoyed the movie. Only one song I didn't like. CG still doo doo. That switch from looking p good 2d dancing and then straight to weird cg is just doesn't sit well with me.
Wanted to get a nozo movie card thing but all out when I got there.

saw the movie last night and got two codes for the game. anyone can have them

Nozomi Tojo: YB23-HGJC-JDNK-9D25

Maki Nishikino: 9RVG-P5G7-PRD8-FQWC

JoeFu

Banned
Not really a spoiler, but the CG in the last live was surprisingly decent. Was shocked at how I wasn't appalled by it.

also I'm a baby and get kinda sad when thinking about the last song :(

Azuran

Banned
For anime movies especially, I prefer a more controlled environment. Almost every experience I've had watching anime movies at a theater has had an audience that laughs at inappropriate moments, is on their cellphones constantly, making random comments, etc. It'd probably be about three times worse with a series that has as big a fanbase as Love Live is. I just don't feel like subjecting myself to that for the first time I watch the movie.

Yeah, I agree. I don't mind in some series like Dragon Ball Z because it's hard not getting hyped when you have a cool battle and major fan service happening on screen but for others I just want to sit down and watch the movie in peace.

But then again, I live in Toronto and we get anime movies in theaters most of the time so I can't complain that much.

Hachitora

Damn, too late for that Maki code :p I lost mine from when I went this morning. Got my Rin code from the one yesterday though, so I'm fine.

I get sad thinking of most of the movie songs, tbh. Makes me emotional for some reason, lol. Though that is because I am actually a babby.
Except for the third years and first years songs. Those songs put a smile on my face everytime.

fek

Not really a spoiler, but the CG in the last live was surprisingly decent. Was shocked at how I wasn't appalled by it.

also I'm a baby and get kinda sad when thinking about the last song :(
I think most people do, it didn't leave my mind for a long time and even now if I think about it I get a little teary. It's just a really special song.

JoeFu

Banned
I think most people do, it didn't leave my mind for a long time and even now if I think about it I get a little teary. It's just a really special song.

I love how they use their names in the song too. Makes it a little more special I think and is a really fitting final song :(

Hachitora

I love how they use their names in the song too. Makes it a little more special I think and is a really fitting final song :(
Probably my favorite part of that song. Like a sort of final roll call
Also,
finally listening to the movie singles. Heartbeat makes me smille so much cuz that scene was so friggin good

Anony

there's no free love gems for kotori's bday?

they're giving away SR codes at the movie? please pm maki to me, PLEASE

oh, also, can't believe they're not showing the movie in canada
because there's no sizable population on asians in toronto or vancouver right? :|

Azuran

Banned
there's no free love gems for kotori's bday?

they're giving away SR codes at the movie? please pm maki to me, PLEASE

oh, also, can't believe they're not showing the movie in canada
because there's no sizable population on asians in toronto or vancouver right? :|

i like the part where you assume asians will be the majority going to watch anime movies in Toronto :p

I been to a couple and i swear i could count the number of them in one hand.

Pikastew

Neo Member
Just left the theater, had a great time. A local shop that specializes in Asian items actually got a bunch of cosplayers together and they danced 4 songs on stage before the movie. I was not expecting that but it was awesome.

I got a Honoka!

Also they showed a trailer for live action Attack on Titan and now I'm pretty stoked for that.

Articalys

Yeah, I agree. I don't mind in some series like Dragon Ball Z because it's hard not getting hyped when you have a cool battle and major fan service happening on screen but for others I just want to sit down and watch the movie in peace.
True, it does depend on the type of movie. Like when I went to see Summer Wars a long time ago, that's clearly a family summer blockbuster sort of movie, so I didn't mind it as much.

And I missed a giveaway? Those better be weak promo cards... *checks* ...eh, they're SRs about at the level of the weaker unidolized SRs and don't look that special. An acceptable loss.

Rhapsody

Banned
Popping in here again. Came back from the movie. First half was amazing, 2nd half was too much retread for me. Wished the whole thing took place in America to be honest. Lots of great moments regardless. At the theater I got a Kotori sign board (which was one that I wanted), but I managed to trade for an Eli, because Eli.

I didn't know they were giving out codes too.

Josephl64

Just saw the movie today, they ran out of shikishi sadly, but the movie was amazing. My favorite song was probably the first one with Rin starting it out. I was actually pleasantly surprised since my expectations going in were kind of low due to knowing somebody who went the day earlier that disliked it ~

There's no showings by me at all. Damn Europe. Though Scotland does have one, but it'd cost too much to get there as it is the other side of the UK. I guess I don't love Love Live as much as you guys.

tenton

saw the movie last night and got two codes for the game. anyone can have them

Nozomi Tojo: YB23-HGJC-JDNK-9D25

Maki Nishikino: 9RVG-P5G7-PRD8-FQWC

Lol, those were the two I was missing. Got a Nozomi from a friend, now just missing Maki. Have an extra Hanayo code, but...

JoeFu

Banned
Rewatching the show and I'm enjoying it waay more than my first time through. It's so much better after you know the characters. I thought the season 1 was pretty unremarkable, but I am really liking it now. Almost finished all of season 1 yesterday lol.

Top Bottom