• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

GoXDS

Are there any events when you can get more for blue tickets ? Or is it always 5 tickets=1 pull with 20% chance of UR ?

the new event type coming up in Dec has a chance of giving one every song but otherwise no way to get them except every 20 Lvls and filling Honor gauge

not sure what you're asking in the second question in relation to the first

EDIT: misread first question. no. no extra functionality. none of the other things do either.

sakuori

Nontan event later. Goodluck to those going for Tier 1/2.

Also,
lg58WLV.png

JoeFu

Banned
Gonna be a while until EN get's more EX songs. Whenever they do the update it will be nice though. EX songs for 60/45(?) days at a time depending of if they're new or previously released EX's

chrono01

Gonna be a while until EN get's more EX songs. Whenever they do the update it will be nice though. EX songs for 60/45(?) days at a time depending of if they're new or previously released EX's
*rocks back and forth*

Won't be long now...
Won't be long now...

Azuran

Banned
I suck so hard that I can't even make it to that part of the song. I guess I'll be sticking with hard for yet another event sigh

JoeFu

Banned
Yup that's exactly what happens. Granted I've only played the song twice. First time the beginning rekt me, second time I got it down, but the end was like wtf lol still can't get this

Game is getting annoying because I have all these unidolized SRs that want to keep around in case I get a second, but I'm running out of space. I do like 3-4 songs and I have to start removing/practicing stuff.

W-00

Ysy, I finally have enough gems to do another buy-10-get-11!

Looking at it from an idolization perspective, is there any advantage to going with the limited-time scouting instead of the regular rare scouting? Or would that, as I suspect, actually be detrimental because I wouldn't have them already and would be unlikely to get them again?

GoXDS

Ysy, I finally have enough gems to do another buy-10-get-11!

Looking at it from an idolization perspective, is there any advantage to going with the limited-time scouting instead of the regular rare scouting? Or would that, as I suspect, actually be detrimental because I wouldn't have them already and would be unlikely to get them again?

the disadvantage is marginal (or could be reversed, depending on rates). either
1. Limited scouting has smaller SR pool so you're more likely to get double or
2. Regular scouting in between events have increased rate for the new SRs so that may increase your odds of getting double

depends how much new SR rates are boosted

the advantages you can get with Limited scouting though is the specificity. obvious ones are trying to get specific cards, either character or series, but the most advantageous might be type. for example, if your Cool/Pure teams are strong/have UR but Smile is weak/has no UR, then you can aim for Smile boxes. if you're still hunting for R, then you can do Smile/Cool Box depending on which sets, too

CoinArt

The biggest advantage of limited scouting is that you can increase your chances of getting Nico, and eliminate your chances of getting, say, Hanayo or Honoka.

Azuran

Banned
The biggest advantage of limited scouting is that you can increase your chances of getting Nico, and eliminate your chances of getting, say, Hanayo or Honoka.

I only do limited scouting these days. I'm so tired of getting the same people I don't like. The only problem is that I love Umi but she's stuck with Nozomi in lily white boxes ugh so I just stick with Bibi because I know I'll always get someone I like.

I can't even do Printemps draws because my friend told me our friendship will be over if I get a Kotori or Hanayo UR and I believe she's actually serious about it D:

sakuori

I can't even do Printemps draws because my friend told me our friendship will be over if I get a Kotori or Hanayo UR and I believe she's actually serious about it D:

When idol URs have the potential to ruin friendships like Monopoly. ayy

Dang CoinArt, love your avatar rn.

CoinArt

Finally FC'd Cutie Panther EX in JP. 11 tries, and all those after I've FC'd it any number of times in Score Match and EN. That's always annoying.

chrono01

So, here's a question. I've been playing since launch [Global], am Rank 196, and still don't have a legit UR in-game [that wasn't a promo]. No luck with tickets either, even the blue ones. I even spent some money. I'm getting desperate.

If I want a UR...any UR...is it better to pull during events or outside of them? Or, does it really not matter? I know the SR pool is smaller during events, but I'm not sure if the same applies to UR or not. And, if the SR pool is smaller, I wonder if that means a better chance of pulling a UR, if their number remains the same.

I just really want a UR so I can have a decent leader. :/

Azuran

Banned
It's all the same. The UR rates don't change even if the SR pool is smaller. All is means it that you have a higher chance of pulling the same SR more than once.

I don't know what else to say other than you have some really bad luck, but considering their drawing rate is only 1% (like wtf), I say you have normal luck and everyone who manages to get one is actually extremely lucky

chrono01

It's all the same. The UR rates don't change even if the SR pool is smaller. All is means it that you have a higher chance of pulling the same SR more than once.

I don't know what else to say other than you have some really bad luck, but considering their drawing rate is only 1% (like wtf), I say you have normal luck and everyone who manages to get one is actually extremely lucky
Thanks, I'll try to remain positive. I might wait for an event UR to come around that I REALLY like and then go all out. It didn't work for China Dress Nico, but there's always next time...

At least I'm close to getting another 80% SR/20% UR draw. I just need two more tickets, one I'll get when I hit Rank 200 and the other when I do my next 10 pull. Maybe Snowy Mountain Honoka. She's a Smile-type, as well as a Perfect-Maker. Decent stats too, although being a Perfect-Maker means they're not as high as they could be. She should be hitting the event after the next, since the upcoming one will Snowy Mountain Kotori, who replenishes HP.

Edit: Nevermind, that Honoka is a Pure UR that increases Pure based on Smile points. I'm not sure if that's better or worse than a standard UR that increases your Pure points. The Seven Lucky Gods [Eli/Nico] look nice, though. They follow the Snowy Mountain cards, but that's still a month or so away.

Azuran

Banned
Thanks, I'll try to remain positive. I might wait for an event UR to come around that I REALLY like and then go all out. It didn't work for China Dress Nico, but there's always next time...

At least I'm close to getting another 80% SR/20% UR draw. I just need two more tickets, one I'll get when I hit Rank 200 and the other when I do my next 10 pull. Maybe Snowy Mountain Honoka. She's a Smile-type, as well as a Perfect-Maker. Decent stats too, although being a Perfect-Maker means they're not as high as they could be. She should be hitting the event after the next, since the upcoming one will Snowy Mountain Kotori, who replenishes HP.

Edit: Nevermind, that Honoka is a Pure UR that increases Pure based on Smile points. I'm not sure if that's better or worse than a standard UR that increases your Pure points. The Seven Lucky Gods [Eli/Nico] look nice, though. They follow the Snowy Mountain cards, but that's still a month or so away.

That Honoka could technically be better if your support cards have a decent smile rating. You could always pull out a calculator and check for yourself but from what I read, it shouldn't make that much of a different in the end.

Never give up if you're set on getting a UR. I was one of the lucky ones that got one in my first scouting session but haven't come close to a second one on EN ever since. I don't even get SR for characters I like anymore which is why I stick with scouting boxes these days. I can live without the fancy new UR that I'm supposedly missing out on.

You have to get mad lucky.

I drew my first a couple of weeks ago, and got another immediately right after with a Blue ticket pull.

Azuran

Banned
You have to get mad lucky.

I drew my first a couple of weeks ago, and got another immediately right after with a Blue ticket pull.

I been very lucky so far. I only been playing since September, but I already have 1 UR on my EN and 3 UR on my JPN game. I honestly feel like I don't deserve them when I see people like chrono who have been playing for way longer than me struggling to get even a single one.

I'm not worthy.

I decided to try this game out for now. I see that Spiritual Life event is going to end soon and I'm sure it's too late to complete it, but is there any reason for me to not try and get rewards from it while I can? Will those tarot cards that have been getting collected while I play ever be used for a future event for instance?

chrono01

That Honoka could technically be better if your support cards have a decent smile rating. You could always pull out a calculator and check for yourself but from what I read, it shouldn't make that much of a different in the end.

Never give up if you're set on getting a UR. I was one of the lucky ones that got one in my first scouting session but haven't come close to a second one on EN ever since. I don't even get SR for characters I like anymore which is why I stick with scouting boxes these days. I can live without the fancy new UR that I'm supposedly missing out on.
Yeah, I might go for her. We'll see.

Thankfully, unlike other gatcha games, you don't REALLY need a UR, since I can compete for the top 4500 pretty reliably. I only missed out on it once, and that was due to lack of interest. I just want one, since I've been playing the game long enough so I think I deserve one, damn it!

*grumble grumble*

have u done the 5 support tickets?
20% change or UR
I've done two sets of the, yes. SR both times. ;_;

I'll have my third set soon, hopefully I'll be more fortunate then.

I decided to try this game out for now. I see that Spiritual Life event is going to end soon and I'm sure it's too late to complete it, but is there any reason for me to not try and get rewards from it while I can? Will those tarot cards that have been getting collected while I play ever be used for a future event for instance?
The tarot cards are only applicable to this event, so if you have em', spend em'!

Azuran

Banned

Free exp that doesn't cost you any LP. The points don't carry over so spend them before the event is over. You're probably not going to get the SR at this point unless you have a LOT of points saved up but you can still get some minor rewards like an extra love gem or gold.

tenton

Free exp that doesn't cost you any LP. The points don't carry over so spend them before the event is over. You're probably not going to get the SR at this point unless you have a LOT of points saved up but you can still get some minor rewards like an extra love gem or gold.

The event ends on the 18th. It's possible to get that SR card (the first one as rewards), but it's going to require spending stones and timing the leveling right, if someone is nearly starting from scratch. It might even require a bit of money to buy more stones. And some loss of sleep (or sleeping in 4 hour stretches. :p )

Azuran

Banned
The event ends on the 18th. It's possible to get that SR card (the first one as rewards), but it's going to require spending stones and timing the leveling right, if someone is nearly starting from scratch. It might even require a bit of money to buy more stones. And some loss of sleep (or sleeping in 4 hour stretches. :p )

Good thing is a Nozomi event then because there's no need to sacrifice valuable sleep and time for someone like her. Everyone should just saved their gems and effort for Maki-sama in a couple of weeks :)

W-00

Dangit, I was so sure I was going to be in the top 4500, but now I've kicked down into the 5100s. I'm not going to give up, of course, but given that this is just the beginning of the final push... It's gonna be a fight. Must resist urge to spend Gems before final day. Must resist urge to spend Gems before final day.

At least I can be pretty confident that I'll get one of her. Three full days remain, I've got less than 2500 points to go, and I've been averaging more than 1300 points per day (I think). And my Pure team really needs her. I've gotten so few Pures that I have to have a couple Smiles stand in on the team. Sure, they're SRs, so they're better than some of my Pure Rs, but still.

chrono01

So, umm...are we going to get standard Expert songs in this event? I'm getting real tired of playing Hard, since the Expert Spicy songs are too difficult for me to reliably clear. With the amount of Expert songs in-game, why do they hold back so much in their song selection? :/

CoinArt

Helps make up for my all-R pull in EN a few days ago. It did the thing where they all come out looking like Rs and I thought I again got shafted, despite having looked for the "guaranteed SR" text this time.

GoXDS

So, umm...are we going to get standard Expert songs in this event? I'm getting real tired of playing Hard, since the Expert Spicy songs are too difficult for me to reliably clear. With the amount of Expert songs in-game, why do they hold back so much in their song selection? :/

probably not since it seems they're keeping regular timing for EX songs but accelerated Event timing...

chrono01

probably not since it seems they're keeping regular timing for EX songs but accelerated Event timing...
Ugh.

Why are they so restrictive with their EX songs? There should always be a few standard EX and spicy EX songs up for people to play. It's not as though they don't have enough to rotate them in/out. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So, here's a question. I've been playing since launch [Global], am Rank 196, and still don't have a legit UR in-game [that wasn't a promo]. No luck with tickets either, even the blue ones. I even spent some money. I'm getting desperate.

If I want a UR...any UR...is it better to pull during events or outside of them? Or, does it really not matter? I know the SR pool is smaller during events, but I'm not sure if the same applies to UR or not. And, if the SR pool is smaller, I wonder if that means a better chance of pulling a UR, if their number remains the same.

I just really want a UR so I can have a decent leader. :/
It's just RNG. I blew 300 gems when Panda Nico came out and didn't get her (although I got two different URs I guess). You can only hope it happens eventually. For instance, the Korean version just added blue tickets today and I finally got one in that version:
AA4P9oBl.png

Kind of crazy that you're so high up in rank but haven't gotten one yet though. Just bad luck sadly. :(

If nothing else, you should play to get the free Normal card which will get you a loveca and save you some friend points trying to get the card later on.

chrono01

It's just RNG. I blew 300 gems when Panda Nico came out and didn't get her (although I got two different URs I guess). You can only hope it happens eventually. For instance, the Korean version just added blue tickets today and I finally got one in that version:
AA4P9oBl.png

Kind of crazy that you're so high up in rank but haven't gotten one yet though. Just bad luck sadly. :(
Thanks, hopefully I'll get one soon.

Congrats to you on your UR, though! She's a beauty.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is it even possible to get SR from event without spending money now ?
Starting now? Unlikely. I think it takes around 1k tokens to get the SR.

Thanks, hopefully I'll get one soon.

Congrats to you on your UR, though! She's a beauty.
I think my goal was to get a UR in all the versions (still pretending that Mainland China doesn't exist lol), so it was a nice surprise. I forgot how far behind the Korean version was though.

If nothing else, you should play to get the free Normal card which will get you a loveca and save you some friend points trying to get the card later on.

Ah, so is it indeed a good idea to focus on knocking out the max idolized bonds of my N members then while its still early? It seemed like it for the gold and gem. What about their max Level, should I worry about that too?

Also how do you normally have your team slots. I have a Smile, Pure, and Cool team of course, and also a team with only my highest bonded nonmaxed members for if I don't care about score. Any ideas for on the future when I have more "serious" members?

Anony

just my 2 cents,

i'm going to find it really hard to play this game now since they've changed the 25lp songs to super hards
they're just too hard to do on phone screens, i definitely have a better time on tablet
i've been only getting rank c on them for combos, this is coming from a guy that can pretty much get full combo on hard if i concentrate
i dont think i'll ever get rank s combo for superhard and would most likely just fail the song on the phone
this makes clearing notes and grinding notes hard

Top Bottom