• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah, so is it indeed a good idea to focus on knocking out the max idolized bonds of my N members then while its still early? It seemed like it for the gold and gem. What about their max Level, should I worry about that too?

Also how do you normally have your team slots. I have a Smile, Pure, and Cool team of course, and also a team with only my highest bonded nonmaxed members for if I don't care about score. Any ideas for on the future when I have more "serious" members?
It doesn't matter when you work on the Ns - the only limitation is your inventory space, so you technically want to work on Ns first since you can safely delete them after you max their level/bond to get the loveca and their album artwork.

I generally have the three best teams, a perfect maker team (SRs/URs with the skill that turns goods into perfects) and a healer team.

just my 2 cents,

i'm going to find it really hard to play this game now since they've changed the 25lp songs to super hards
they're just too hard to do on phone screens, i definitely have a better time on tablet
i've been only getting rank c on them for combos, this is coming from a guy that can pretty much get full combo on hard if i concentrate
i dont think i'll ever get rank s combo for superhard and would most likely just fail the song on the phone
this makes clearing notes and grinding notes hard
Just make a pure healer team. As long as you can get a C rank (by having an SR of the same color in the middle and by using a UR friend), then it should be easier. There are healer Rs of all colours now too.

Azuran

Banned
Junai Lens is honestly one of the worst beatmaps in the game. I'm actually suffering playing through this song so many times. I may just forsake the extra EXP and go 4x because I can't take this anymore.

It doesn't matter when you work on the Ns - the only limitation is your inventory space, so you technically want to work on Ns first since you can safely delete them after you max their level/bond to get the loveca and their album artwork.

I generally have the three best teams, a perfect maker team (SRs/URs with the skill that turns goods into perfects) and a healer team.

Just make a pure healer team. As long as you can get a C rank (by having an SR of the same color in the middle and by using a UR friend), then it should be easier. There are healer Rs of all colours now too.

Healer teams are for scrubs.

CoinArt

I'm always amazed when I see those audience numbers.

Also when I hear that chanting I almost wish I could be there just to be the awkward sod chanting just fractionally out of time. You can call me Mr. Good.

It's good to have a dream.

W-00

*Plays a the 4x song to see if there's any gain in points per tarot.*

(The idea might seem ridiculous, but I've observed that I can earn between 6 and 15 more points by playing on normal vs hard, so it seemed worth checking out.)

*Forgets to check tarots earned. Plays 4x song again.*

*Goes to check ranking. Sees score in ranked list is about a thousand points lower than actual score. Figures rankings just haven't updated.*

*Checks back later. Discrepancy remains. Notices discrepancy is about equal to points earned playing 4x song.*

GODAMMIT! That's what they meant by non-ranking?! I thought it just meant it wasn't part of the song-ranking list! Well, lesson learned. Never touch 4x songs.

chrono01

(The idea might seem ridiculous, but I've observed that I can earn between 6 and 15 more points by playing on normal vs hard, so it seemed worth checking out.)

*Goes to check ranking. Sees score in ranked list is about a thousand points lower than actual score. Figures rankings just haven't updated.*

*Checks back later. Discrepancy remains. Notices discrepancy is about equal to points earned playing 4x song.*

GODAMMIT! That's what they meant by non-ranking?! I thought it just meant it wasn't part of the song-ranking list! Well, lesson learned. Never touch 4x songs.
Non-Ranking essentially means that your total score for that song won't be contributed towards the score ranking for the event. The actual event points themselves, however, are still earned.

What I usually do is play the standard 1x event song a couple of times, until I hit a high score. Then, for grinding out the points themselves, I run the 4x version, since I no longer care about score.

CoinArt

The points earned absolutely count towards the event. 4x songs are good because they save you time. The only things you lose are the extra normies and experience you'd get from playing the song 3 more times. If you don't need those, 4x is your friend.

tenton

The problem is that the rankings seem to be stuck. Or completely broken, as I've seen it shift backwards at the updates on the 30s. Don't worry, as others have said, you get the events points from the 4x songs; a real time saver when crunch time hits and you need to spend those tokens!

CoinArt

8KAvBeZ.png

The problem is that the rankings seem to be stuck. Or completely broken, as I've seen it shift backwards at the updates on the 30s. Don't worry, as others have said, you get the events points from the 4x songs; a real time saver when crunch time hits and you need to spend those tokens!

Ok, good to know the rankings aren't something on my end. Hopefully they have real rankings saved somewhere and just what is displayed is off. I accidentally did my first play of the event song with a Cool team and my score ranking is like half of what it should be.

Im at 41 love gems. How often do the guaranteed SR events happen? Ive been maxing Normals for now but I think my well woll run dry soon.

GoXDS

Im at 41 love gems. How often do the guaranteed SR events happen? Ive been maxing Normals for now but I think my well woll run dry soon.

basically all the time.
the whole time for Honor Scouting in between events
Limited Boxes (doesn't apply to regular Honor Scouting!) during events but there's a ~16 hour gap between when the event starts and when Limited Boxes starts

unless you're asking how often events are, then once every 2 weeks now (but seems to be accelerating...)

W-00

Thanks for the reassurances, everyone. I feel much less annoyed now. Wow, those scores are really messed up. I was just checking them out, and they were going up and down between individual checks.

W-00

it better be fixed a couple of hours before the event ends... no idea how many Gems will need to use

Maybe they'll be nice and decide that everyone who scored higher than the displayed minimums for the tier rewards will get the rewards.

It doesn't hurt to hope! It only hurts when the hope is crushed. Just like how it isn't the fall that kills you.

tenton

it better be fixed a couple of hours before the event ends... no idea how many Gems will need to use

It was tracking higher than the last event. I'm feeling like tier 2 (the first extra SR card) might hit 20k. Probably a good idea to aim for that as a general baseline for now.

So just to be certain, this lily white Gatcha thats up now is an example of one that would guarantee an SR if I spent the 50 gems?

I'm close to finishing max bonding my normal batch, and I just hit 50 (or 52 actually) gems so the time to let in the bigger guns is coming soon.

W-00

So, the leaderboards are fixed. Base for the 900-4500 tier is just under 15000, or roughly 3000 higher than my current score. And I'm sure the minimum will go much higher as the day goes on.

If I'm reading the schedule right, the next event should be for Santa Maki. And it's... a new type of event. This should be interesting.

So just to be certain, this lily white Gatcha thats up now is an example of one that would guarantee an SR if I spent the 50 gems?

The lily white page has a "Scout 11 time for an SR or above!" label on it, so it should. Just make sure you're actually using the lily white gatcha rather than the regular Honor Scouting one.

GoXDS

I'm close to finishing max bonding my normal batch, and I just hit 50 (or 52 actually) gems so the time to let in the bigger guns is coming soon.

yup. is lily white your fav group/includes your fav char?
need to finish Trails SC but Event...

So, the leaderboards are fixed. Base for the 900-4500 tier is just under 15000, or roughly 3000 higher than my current score. And I'm sure the minimum will go much higher as the day goes on.

If I'm reading the schedule right, the next event should be for Santa Maki. And it's... a new type of event. This should be interesting.

yup. seems ~800 pts more than the Rin event so the final cutoff is very roughly ~19200. next event's gonna favor older players that stockpiled lots of Gold though

yup. is lily white your fav group/includes your fav char?
need to finish Trails SC but Event...

I actually don't have a lot of opinions on the characters of groups. I suppose theres a slight turnoff for this Gatch just because I already have 2 Nozomi cards and an Umi card, but they're all Rare of course, so in the long run that doesnt mean anything. I'll likely fet more opinions on the groups ar leasr as I hear more music.

Im still at chapter 2 for Trails in the Sky Second Chapter, so F2P hell probably isnt a good thing for me, lol.

tenton

Leaderboards are broken again. Last update went backwards for tier 2. Don't trust it for the rest of the day. Aim for 20k. Or hell, 21k, the rewards for that is a stone.

Medley Fest is similar to ScoreMatch in scoring, usually a little higher. It's the only event where you can win different cards for finishing a song (including alpacas, Nico's siblings and teachers and classmates) as well as scouting tickets. It's also the way to spend all your gold if you're not careful. :p

Azuran

Banned
I actually don't have a lot of opinions on the characters of groups. I suppose theres a slight turnoff for this Gatch just because I already have 2 Nozomi cards and an Umi card, but they're all Rare of course, so in the long run that doesnt mean anything. I'll likely fet more opinions on the groups ar leasr as I hear more music.

Im still at chapter 2 for Trails in the Sky Second Chapter, so F2P hell probably isnt a good thing for me, lol.

1. Maki
2. Umi
3. Eli

There, that's the only ranking that matters. Don't listen to anyone else lies.

GrandHusk

Nice! I see some new faces in here

this Nozomi looks way too cute so I had to come back to the game
it's also perfect practice for the next Maki event
:3

Oh and I FC this
EX songs are more difficult than I remember

GoXDS

I went from around 900 points to 23,235 in a single day. Remind me next time not to hoard my tokens until the end. >_<

I've been leaving my Love Gem grind to the last day too much, too... this is like the 3rd event in a row where I'm pushing the clock. not even 100% sure this time around

chrono01

I've been leaving my Love Gem grind to the last day too much, too... this is like the 3rd event in a row where I'm pushing the clock. not even 100% sure this time around
That's exactly what I did. I wanted to spread it out over the event, but we only received the standard Expert songs a few days ago, so I didn't have much choice. Not fun. :/

I wish you luck in the top 4500! What was your final score, if you remember? If you're something like 21k, you should be fine.

GoXDS

That's exactly what I did. I wanted to spread it out over the event, but we only received the standard Expert songs a few days ago, so I didn't have much choice. Not fun. :/

I wish you luck in the top 4500! What was your final score, if you remember? If you're something like 21k, you should be fine.

I think I was at ~19400 before playing 4x, gem into normal EX into another 4x and normal EX then timed out trying to squeeze in an Event Easy... so I should be ~21200? =\ didn't have enough time to double check
been too busy playing Trails in the Sky SC this event

chrono01

I think I was at ~19400 before playing 4x, gem into normal EX into another 4x and normal EX then timed out trying to squeeze in an Event Easy... so I should be ~21200? =\ didn't have enough time to double check
been too busy playing Trails in the Sky SC this event
Oh, you should be fine then. I expect the cut-off to be at/around 21k, let's just hope it's not much more than that.

Top Bottom