• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Anony

the updated interface is a nice upgrade because of the animation
all the cards have generic background now, not sure if this is good or not

Articalys

Managed to break through the connection errors and play at least one live, which is all I really wanted to start my LP charging again. Now I'm just poking around the new interface and features to see what's up.

Not going to try messing with scouting or idolizing until later once the servers calm down a bit.

edit: forgot to check this until now, but I got 55 new member slots thanks to all the revamps for that system. Looking at the details, 30 of those came from the new initial number, which means over my playtime with the game so far, I spent 25 gems solely on boosting member slots.

edit2: also forgot they pulled support cards out of the deck and onto their own page, so that gem count is actually a bit lower.

W-00

I also managed to break through the connection issues. Successfully restored my account, ran a live, and did an 11-pull mostly from gems I already had.

I got Mikan Orange Power Chika and I Can Do it Ruby. That's the first time I've gotten more than one SR in an 11-pull in a long, long time.

So not loving the new members interface. Is there really not a way to sort by newest anymore, or am I just missing it?

Managed to break through the connection errors and play at least one live, which is all I really wanted to start my LP charging again. Now I'm just poking around the new interface and features to see what's up.

Not going to try messing with scouting or idolizing until later once the servers calm down a bit.

edit: forgot to check this until now, but I got 55 new member slots thanks to all the revamps for that system. Looking at the details, 30 of those came from the new initial number, which means over my playtime with the game so far, I spent 25 gems solely on boosting member slots.

Yeah, I squeezed in to play a few songs. Won't be able to really look around the new features until I get home from work. Touch detection seemed more responsive than I recall.

Articalys

I also managed to break through the connection issues. Successfully restored my account, ran a live, and did an 11-pull mostly from gems I already had.

I got Mikan Orange Power Chika and I Can Do it Ruby. That's the first time I've gotten more than one SR in an 11-pull in a long, long time.

So not loving the new members interface. Is there really not a way to sort by newest anymore, or am I just missing it?
KLab screwed up slightly with the filter menu. The Sort By option "Attribute" is actually the "Newest" option; they entered the wrong name. I'm pretty sure the Smile/Pure/Cool have always had a fixed order for sorting, and the actual Attribute selection is through include/exclude filtering using the icons in the second row.

See: https://www.reddit.com/r/SchoolIdol...nformation_looking_for_sort_by_newest_tap_on/

It'll probably take some getting used to the new options, but you can just ignore everything except the Sort By section if you want, which works the same as it did before. As a power user type of person myself, I love it. They also added options for the present box to filter by attribute and sort by soonest expiring, which is really useful.

elhaym

ずら

I have this Riko on like 5 accounts now lol.

CtefUcUWIAAwRLZ.jpg

RIP Honks icon. Maybe I'll actually be able to play again in a week when the transmission errors go away.

Managed to get on the Love Live train today, so I took pictures... Lots of pictures:
https://twitter.com/mikehattsu/status/781137975895740418

Oh hey, I don't know how I wasn't following you on Twitter (CrescensXG).

Articalys

ずら

I have this Riko on like 5 accounts now lol.

RIP Honks icon. Maybe I'll actually be able to play again in a week when the transmission errors go away.

Oh hey, I don't know how I wasn't following you on Twitter (CrescensXG).
Remind me again how much money you've spent on gems across all your accounts so far?

Articalys

Fair enough, just curious. Whatever floats your boat.

-----------------------------

It's crazy just how much of a overhaul 4.0 feels like, even aside from the major stuff like SSRs, School Idol Skills, and Aqours joining the game. I love some of the newer little details too, like adding names and flavor text to each story chapter, or showing you a preview of how much you'll level up a card when practicing.

Articalys

Even easier: it's now simply the "First Live Bonus", decoupled from the goal system entirely. The first song you clear daily -- any difficulty, any score, any combo -- gets you the 10000 G, 200 FP, and gem all at once.

Articalys

Yeah, that would do the trick. Still surprised companies over there would be okay with somebody ducking out for a month-and-a-half pleasure trip. But I digress, enough about me being jealous you can live the dream life and have all the experiences I'll never see, leading me to regret my life choices forever. Back to tapping idols on touchscreens.

Any F2P players who didn't buy any of them from the sticker shop earlier get a full Aqours team together yet?

chrono01

Any F2P players who didn't buy any of them from the sticker shop earlier get a full Aqours team together yet?
I just burned through a portion of my Friend Points, and I got them all. Smile and Pure Dia took me FOREVER! I still have 213,560 FP left, so it's not all bad. I got a lot of stickers out of it too, by getting rid of my R duplicates.

GoXDS

I just burned through a portion of my Friend Points, and I got them all. Smile and Pure Dia took me FOREVER! I still have 213,560 FP left, so it's not all bad. I got a lot of stickers out of it too, by getting rid of my R duplicates.

I'm jealous of that FP stack...

anyone know where the Random Song selection is located? I'm preeeeeetty sure I unlocked enough songs at Lvl 237 to have unlocked it
EDIT: oh...it's a purely random one in B-sides kiiinda sucks because I played plenty enough for S Rank Playcount so I may miss out if I repeat those =\

chrono01

I'm jealous of that FP stack...

anyone know where the Random Song selection is located? I'm preeeeeetty sure I unlocked enough songs at Lvl 237 to have unlocked it
Yeah, I've been saving forever, haha.

As for the random section, it's on the B-Side, IIRC.

chrono01

What'd you do with all the N fodder you picked up along the way? Sell it or used it to practice the Aqours Rs to max level?
I just sold it. They were all level 1, so I wouldn't get much XP out of it anyway. I'll be able to level the girls naturally, through just playing song and getting more higher-level fodder.

elhaym

Okay, scratch that part, but the rest still stands. I mean, I get a max of 13 days paid time off per year, so that kind of free time is a complete pipe dream.

I'm really really fortunate where I am (Well, after being here 10 years) I get 20 days of annual per year. Trips are basically coming from my tax returns since I'm terrible with my day-to-day spending money. This coming year is probably the last of the trips though, since it's getting financially tighter month to month. =/

Merch on my trip was "I'll figure out how to pay this CC down afterwards" ... have I mentioned I make terrible financial choices?

Speaking of terrible financial choices, brb soon guys, gonna go cry to death now.

I'm not screwed if I just buy one half of the Final Love Live bluray, right? Don't the two days have the same set list essentially?
Hopefully I'm not missing out on too much by just getting Day 2 because of BokuHikari.

My only enemy now is Canadian customs.

elhaym

I'm not screwed if I just buy one half of the Final Love Live bluray, right? Don't the two days have the same set list essentially?
Hopefully I'm not missing out on too much by just getting Day 2 because of BokuHikari.

My only enemy now is Canadian customs.

Correct, I -believe- the only song difference is Kitto Seishun ga Kikoeru on day 1 vs Donna Toki mo Zutto on day 2. Both days have BokuHika, but at the very end day 1 says "Finale" and day 2 says "Grand Finale". AFAIcanremember, day 2 would be the "better" one because of that.

It looks like the MC segments are different day to day, but I haven't gotten to day 2 yet and I can't remember what the difference was in those from when I saw the live viewings.

So, you can now Idolize with stickers. For an SR its 20 Rare stickers or 1 SR Sticker. Burning an Idolized SR then gives you 2 SR Stickers. So, you should be able to just burn through all your junk SR's to Idolize all the useful ones and still have SR stickers left over.

Also, the old Promo URs got stat boosts to make them legit now.

Articalys

So, you can now Idolize with stickers. For an SR its 20 Rare stickers or 1 SR Sticker. Burning an Idolized SR then gives you 2 SR Stickers. So, you should be able to just burn through all your junk SR's to Idolize all the useful ones and still have SR stickers left over.
Don't forget, though:
In 4.0, idolized cards only give back one sticker/seal instead of two when you practice/sell them.
Probably intended to balance that exact method.

GoXDS

Also, the old Promo URs got stat boosts to make them legit now.

no. they changed all idolized to give only 1 now precisely to prevent this abuse (it's free Stickers that way). the best you can do is cycle through and have 0 net gain

no. all cards now display their stats + bonds + equipped seals. Promo UR were always better than average/weak idolized SRs when including Bond
example: Christmas Promo UR Maki has 4230 Smile + 1000 Bond = the 5230 you see now.
Ghost Story SR Maki has 4680 at Lvl 80 according to the wiki but I have 4930 (250 Bond). 4930-250 = 4680. and if I were to max out the bond on this, it should come out to 5180

Anony

is there a site with good navigation with all the cards non/idolized with pictures and stats?
that should make things easier to choose from

Crescent-

Managed to tier 1 the song ranking of the JP event to get that sweet SSR seal.

t0tsHHX.jpg

6rUi3l1.png

And got a 2 SSR draw afterwards

NRUnzJ7.jpg

Pretty satisfied with this event overall.

Articalys

Those are just the midpoint vote totals. Ends on the 5th, so there's still time for a possible upset.

On a side note, a couple of the new EX Aqours songs I tried in the EN score match kicked my ass.

i did an aquors 10+1
got shit and 1 SR
just fuck this game (every time)

There's the $3.50 bundle for the SR or above ticket and some Alpacas and like 5 hearts. Got the SSR Nico out of it.

But man, so much goddamn stuff to do now. All these new Rs to idolize and level up, Idolizing old SRs, tons of new songs, I'm like a bunch of chapters back on the story, and I haven't even touched the new Skill Slot things yet. Not enough fodder and not enough LP to go around. I do have nearly half a mil Friend Points that I'm trying to burn through, but that's time consuming to pull about a bunch of level 1 normies.

chrono01

There's the $3.50 bundle for the SR or above ticket and some Alpacas and like 5 hearts. Got the SSR Nico out of it.

But man, so much goddamn stuff to do now. All these new Rs to idolize and level up, Idolizing old SRs, tons of new songs, I'm like a bunch of chapters back on the story, and I haven't even touched the new Skill Slot things yet. Not enough fodder and not enough LP to go around. I do have nearly half a mil Friend Points that I'm trying to burn through, but that's time consuming to pull about a bunch of level 1 normies.
Interesting, I might purchase a bundle. They seem cheap enough.

GoXDS

Is now a good time to do my first ever Scout 11 Honor Scouting?

now's as good a time as any. though if you're planning on doing Aqours and don't like the current UR (2nd years) or if there's a set you like later on or a past set, then wait till next batch/that set/popular scouting respectively

Kyonashi

now's as good a time as any. though if you're planning on doing Aqours and don't like the current UR (2nd years) or if there's a set you like later on or a past set, then wait till next batch/that set/popular scouting respectively

Yeah I didn't know if there were like special bonus promo campaigns or something - didn't want to spend my 50 gems at the wrong time. As far as girls go, I don't watch the show and I only started playing recently so my loyalties are as yet unfounded.

Interesting, I might purchase a bundle. They seem cheap enough.

There's actually 2 $3.50 bundles, one for μ's and one for Aquors. I bought the Aquors one as well but got nothing special out of it. I'm like half tempted to buy both of the major update bundles which is basically the same thing but you get an extra 11 draw and more Alpacas.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Dear Japan,

Just because she does it in the show doesn't mean she's gonna flash her tits on stage.

Why are you voting for Kanan?

Top Bottom