• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think I enjoyed the last episode, but mostly in the context of closing out the season.

I posted my thoughts in the main animu thread anyhoo.

Articalys

Back now, I was lying earlier. Real reason I bailed out was because I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up with the show week-to-week and didn't want to have to dance around discussion about it for three months. Admittedly I probably didn't have to be a dick about it, for which I apologize. Just marathoned Sunshine over the weekend and overall I liked it.

Now to wait around until the major Aqours update for the global version of the game. I've got 50 tickets burning a hole in my pocket ready to rapidly build my Aqours team from day (zero to) one.

Kyonashi

You want to wait to consume cards until you've extracted the bond/story gem from them, yeah.

If you're talking about the one you're feeding too, then whatever, train up your strongest idols and it'll work out.

Oh, so I shouldn't be using anyone as training fodder if I haven't Idolised them AND maxed their bond? I've just been idolising them and then feeding them to my top girls. I guess I just play a ton of songs to max bond and then I do training?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh, so I shouldn't be using anyone as training fodder if I haven't Idolised them AND maxed their bond? I've just been idolising them and then feeding them to my top girls. I guess I just play a ton of songs to max bond and then I do training?
You want to max their bond to unlock their story, which gives a free loveca.
Longer term, you want to both max their bond and cap their level for the collection, where you get a free loveca for each 25/50 idolized/max level card you have in your catalog.

Back now, I was lying earlier. Real reason I bailed out was because I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up with the show week-to-week and didn't want to have to dance around discussion about it for three months. Admittedly I probably didn't have to be a dick about it, for which I apologize. Just marathoned Sunshine over the weekend and overall I liked it.

Now to wait around until the major Aqours update for the global version of the game. I've got 50 tickets burning a hole in my pocket ready to rapidly build my Aqours team from day (zero to) one.
Welcome back~

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It was the final episode of the first series, so surely it should feel like the closing of that series?

Articalys

I'd like to hope there'll be a S2, but I can't be 100% confident about it. Depends on where Sunrise/Lantis want to go with it, I guess.

Articalys

I figured they were implying they'd succeeded at the former with the quick cut to the applicant number moving to 1, and while I'll gladly welcome an S2 with the latter plot, I just hope they can find more ways to differentiate it from the first series.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Probably the only thing they could change is have them go far but not win, but still be happy that they were part of a group. It's make for a different type of arc anyway.

W-00

How large is the new update? My tablet is running out of space and I keep having a hard time installing updates (even to stuff on the microSD card! What's with that?!) so there's a decent chance that I'll have to uninstall the game and download and reinstall the updated version.

I've backed up my player ID. Is there anything else I can do to make reinstallation and retrieval of my account (if it comes to that) easier?

I figured they were implying they'd succeeded at the former with the quick cut to the applicant number moving to 1, and while I'll gladly welcome an S2 with the latter plot, I just hope they can find more ways to differentiate it from the first series.

After the second half of the show, I wouldn't worry. As long as they build on the characters and drama without stumbling like Episode 13, it'll be fine.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's pretty impressive they managed to get one person to convince their parents to move home just because a school they like the look of has a reasonably popular school idol group.

tenton

It's pretty impressive they managed to get one person to convince their parents to move home just because a school they like the look of has a reasonably popular school idol group.

Well, it's a visit to the open house, not a move to the area.

And I'm so disappointed in that last episode
that there was no PV for Step Zero to One

Expensive!

It's a boxset of 2 volumes, both days of 5th Live (total 4 discs). That's the discounted price, it's 18,000 yen retail new. And it was a painful purchase. And 6th Live is shipping now at the same price for the same thing (boxset of both days, 4 Blu-rays). And my wallet is crying. Then when I start watching it (starting at Anime Weekend Atlanta), I will join my wallet.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How large is the new update? My tablet is running out of space and I keep having a hard time installing updates (even to stuff on the microSD card! What's with that?!) so there's a decent chance that I'll have to uninstall the game and download and reinstall the updated version.

I've backed up my player ID. Is there anything else I can do to make reinstallation and retrieval of my account (if it comes to that) easier?
IIRC Love Live is one of those apps that can't move to the SD card.
I don't remember the move to 4 being that big though in the JP version... like maybe a couple hundred megs?

GoXDS

worse case scenario, you can delete the app and redownload without redownloading all the stories and such. I just redownloaded and that was ~700 MB?

W-00

worse case scenario, you can delete the app and redownload without redownloading all the stories and such. I just redownloaded and that was ~700 MB?

Oh, wow, that's way smaller than i thought it would be.

But if that happens, is just having my ID number backed up enough or is there anything else I might need?

firehawk12

Subete no aware

But if that happens, is just having my ID number backed up enough or is there anything else I might need?
You can both get an ID (make a new one before the patch hits just in case yours expired) and link your account to Google Play.

GoXDS

if I was ambiguous, I meant the extra data. so story+song? data is ~700mb. actually, maybe it was ~1 GB. I remember ~450mb for one thing and ~250mb for another but there's 3 things to download. so might be 450/250/250

yea, as long as your Transfer Passcode wasn't issued ~1 year ago, it should work fine. and yea, link it to your Google Play/Game Account. I totally should've linked to Game Account as well.... I missed out on ~30 Gems in those 10 days x_x

Articalys

any word on when that new update is gonna hit?
So yeah, about that...

...looks like it might be hitting tomorrow.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SchoolIdolFestival/comments/54p3ws/information_more_upcoming_updates/
iQ4CHat.jpg
Maintenance for version update from Sept. 28 1AM UTC to 8:15PM UTC.

Articalys

Hmm? What does this mean? Something changing?

Not that it matters anyway, I always keep one of every girl for collection reasons. >_<
In 4.0, idolized cards only give back one sticker/seal instead of two when you practice/sell them.

Though like you, it doesn't matter to me since I'm also a collector.

Crescent-

If I may add something it's better to also screenshot a couple of screens of your ID in case the passcode doesn't work somehow. I know KLab support wants every little detail to recover your ID in case the passcode doesn't work.

Some screens I recommend:
-Main menu with your rank/gold/main girl noted
-Profile and total bond screen
-Friend list
-Member list
-Current teams
-Last event results
-Song completion will be good but not that necessary if you have S/S most songs
(If anyone else has something I forgot please do add)

Also issue a transfer passcode not only note your ID down (I hope you saying having your ID number means having a transfer passcode backed up). Hope I'm not too late in saying this, I don't play EN anymore and dunno when exactly the update hits.

W-00

If I may add something it's better to also screenshot a couple of screens of your ID in case the passcode doesn't work somehow. I know KLab support wants every little detail to recover your ID in case the passcode doesn't work.

Some screens I recommend:
-Main menu with your rank/gold/main girl noted
-Profile and total bond screen
-Friend list
-Member list
-Current teams
-Last event results
-Song completion will be good but not that necessary if you have S/S most songs
(If anyone else has something I forgot please do add)

Also issue a transfer passcode not only note your ID down (I hope you saying having your ID number means having a transfer passcode backed up). Hope I'm not too late in saying this, I don't play EN anymore and dunno when exactly the update hits.

Well, I didn't see this until after maintenance started, so I was too late to put this into practice, but yeah, I have a transfer passcode backed up. I didn't before I asked, but I made one based on what GoXDS said. Thanks.

Countdown to (scheduled) end of maintenance:

So, what's everyone going to do while you're waiting?

Pazudora and Scream Queens. And random other stuff.

Crescent-

Well, I didn't see this until after maintenance started, so I was too late to put this into practice, but yeah, I have a transfer passcode backed up. I didn't before I asked, but I made one based on what GoXDS said. Thanks.

Sorry for posting too late, haven't checked the forum much lately. Unless something bad happens during the maintenance it's a pretty rare occurence that someone lost an account so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Though I'd still suggest to take screens periodically just in case you lost your account.

GoXDS

well easiest way would've been with SS, yea. sry I didn't mention that explicitly, I ss most of my stuff. though I should get around to updating since a lot of changes recently

Articalys

Incredibly, I'm seeing reports that the maintenance actually finished ahead of schedule, and 4.0 is ready to download and play right now. Can't check myself since I'm at work, but if you can't wait anymore, give it a try!

I'm having a lot of trouble with the game getting stuck on loading screens, I'm sure my internet connection is just fine, so is it just the servers being goofy?

W-00

Incredibly, I'm seeing reports that the maintenance actually finished ahead of schedule, and 4.0 is ready to download and play right now. Can't check myself since I'm at work, but if you can't wait anymore, give it a try!
I was able to download the starter earlier (I was right, i did have to delete and reinstall - here's hoping the retrieval goes smoothly, otherwise I'm down 8 legit UR and will be mightily annoyed), but once that was done it said maintenance was still ongoing. Can't get past the starting screen now because of connection issues.

I'm having a lot of trouble with the game getting stuck on loading screens, I'm sure my internet connection is just fine, so is it just the servers being goofy?
Almost certainly on their end. There's probably a lot of people trying to download right now.

Top Bottom