• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Hachitora

on a more serious note, ghost notrin/hanayo said µ's didnt leave anything behind, making me wonder is otonokizaka even fielding a school idol team at this point?

They most probably are, but they aren't anywhere near as good as µ's was. I feel like any other idol group would just be overshadowed by µ's, and so not much attention would go to any new idol groups if they weren't up to par

CoinArt

why you gotta do this to me

mEdGH7S.jpg
X

Kyonashi

This might be a stupid question, but I just started playing and there's a couple things I can't find an easy answer to with a Google search.

1) Should I be waiting to Idolize girls or doing it as soon as I have dupes?

2) I've been training girls by doing the following, is this correct?:
  • Auto-Formationing my three teams (Smile/Pure/Cool) to make sure they have the highest stat girls
  • Going into practice and then sorting by each stat in turn to find my highest girl in each stat
  • Feeding my #1 Smile girl all the red girls who aren't on a team, #1 Cool girl all the blues, #1 Pure girl all the greens
Hope that makes sense.

3) I know it's best to wait for 50 loveca to do Honor Scouting, do any similar rules apply for Regular Scouting or am I safe to spend Friend Points as soon as I have them?

GoXDS

This might be a stupid question, but I just started playing and there's a couple things I can't find an easy answer to with a Google search.

• Auto-Formationing my three teams (Smile/Pure/Cool) to make sure they have the highest stat girls
  • Going into practice and then sorting by each stat in turn to find my highest girl in each stat
  • Feeding my #1 Smile girl all the red girls who aren't on a team, #1 Cool girl all the blues, #1 Pure girl all the greens
Hope that makes sense.

3) I know it's best to wait for 50 loveca to do Honor Scouting, do any similar rules apply for Regular Scouting or am I safe to spend Friend Points as soon as I have them?

1) there's no reason not to for N, ever. for R and above, sorta. a R unidolized is better than a N idolized and the same for SR to R, etc. so if your team isn't free of a lower rarity, then you might not want to, yet. so if your team is full of Idolized N, you might want to keep 2 R until you replace all of the N. if your team is full of idolized R, you might want to keep the 2 SR. the gains are very minor overall, so you could just do it

2) a: Autoformation isn't perfect. sometimes it will place a wrong color R instead of a correct color N because its stat is slightly bigger. but autoformation doesn't take into account extra team stat because of Bonds and also doesn't take into account same color bonus when playing songs. so because of this, keep in mind 2 things. when comparing 2 cards to be placing on your team, factor into account the Bond and color. for example, a normal SR may have more stats than a promo UR by say 450 but a Promo UR's bond is 1000 to the SR's 250, so the UR is actually ~300 pts stronger (less because Bond do not get Leader/Support skill bonus) if you do have wrong color members on your team, make sure they're position at the ends. that's because there's less notes on the ends typically and the 1.1x bonus for same color applies when a note goes to them. and for that matter, the only other positions that matter is the Center for the Leader skill. you can place anyone else in w/e order you want
b: if you just started out, then you're working through your N. it doesn't really matter, they're all pretty bad either way. you just want to get as many Idolized and complete their stories ASAP. ideally, get them lvled to 40 then sell/feed. make sure you're getting all the N you haven't idolized, idolized. once you start getting R, then those will stay longer, until you can scout for SRs, in which you can start replacing the R.

3) if you just started, just do it asap. once you start catching up in normals and idolized pretty much all of them, only scout the daily 3 and stockpile until the end of events, when they add new N. or, stockpile until they add new R

CoinArt

Hope that makes sense.

Welcome, new friend!

1) ASAP, the reasons that GoXDS outlined to not are incredibly minor for anything but URs, and it's way cooler to have idolized girls on your teams.

2) Pretty much, yeah, so long as you're not practicing away your only copy of an idolized card you haven't max bonded. As has been said, the autobuilder isn't perfect, but it's generally good enough, so long as you've max bonded all your decent cards. You can get more into it later to optimize, but even then it's more for fun than any real advantage. Just make sure you have one of your highest-rarity on-color cards as the center.

3) Spend 'em.

A note about leveling Ns:

Many folks advocate max leveling a copy of each N before practicing with it, but I'd advise against it for a new player. There are currently 160 Ns in English SIF, and they'll clog your roster really quick if you don't bond them and get rid of them ASAP. It becomes a pain in the ass to level anything if you only have a half dozen empty slots, and you'll be delaying your teams actually getting decent by a good long while. Managing inventory like that is tedious and not fun, and entirely not what you want to be doing when just getting into a new game, imo.

And for your trouble, max leveling those 160 Ns will eventually get you 6-7 gems.

You can always go back later and max level them, play long enough and you'll surely get every N again.

The same arguments apply to Rs you don't need on your teams, too, though they're a bit harder to reacquire if you change your mind later.

GoXDS

Thanks guys, thats a lot of help!!

To follow on from that, should I not be using girls for training that I haven't idolized then? I should only be using girls to train that have been idolized, everyone else I should be waiting until I have at least one dupe?

yea, if I understood you correctly, only bother lvling up units you idolized already. you're not getting much reward out of it otherwise since lower lvl and bond cap and also no rewards. so like CoinArt said, you'll just clog up your inventory

Labrys

So it's taken me a couple weeks of grinding to scrape together 59 lovegems. Do I spend it on 11X scouting?
Is it worth the pain?

it really varies.
like i've had my share of 1 SR 10+1 scouts but i've also had some 1 UR + 3 SR 10+1 scouts, so you gotta go into it with expectations that it could go either way.

W-00

So it's taken me a couple weeks of grinding to scrape together 59 lovegems. Do I spend it on 11X scouting?
Is it worth the pain?

How much extra space do you have in your box, and how much extra space are you willing to spend gems on right now? If doing an 11x scout would clog up your box and you don't want to expand it yet, then wait. Otherwise the only reason to wait would be if you wanted to try for a specific SR/UR, because they aren't all available at the same time.

GoXDS

How much extra space do you have in your box, and how much extra space are you willing to spend gems on right now? If doing an 11x scout would clog up your box and you don't want to expand it yet, then wait. Otherwise the only reason to wait would be if you wanted to try for a specific SR/UR, because they aren't all available at the same time.
or, max out your inventory first then scout. it'll all go to Presents and don't expire

apparently love line had one shot it took straight from glee

tumblr_inline_nehryhnSCA1qzzdop.gif

tumblr_inline_nehrynC8a91qzzdop.gif

lmao

Love Live stole a lot of scenes from Glee wholesale.
No pity for the latter. Fox refused to give any sort of credit for the songs covered by other artists(e.g. Jonathan Coulton covering Baby Got Back. )

CoinArt

Thanks guys, thats a lot of help!!

To follow on from that, should I not be using girls for training that I haven't idolized then? I should only be using girls to train that have been idolized, everyone else I should be waiting until I have at least one dupe?

You want to wait to consume cards until you've extracted the bond/story gem from them, yeah.

If you're talking about the one you're feeding too, then whatever, train up your strongest idols and it'll work out.

GoXDS

hopefully it's because of all the data I gave them and not because I just happened to get them at a time where they decided to check early. because I got paranoid (though not enough it seems) about being careful not to completely lose my acc and all the stories of people in this thread losing their acc, I made sure to ss al my shit. so advice for anyone in the future, just in case, ss Transfer code, ID, cards, teams, friends, everything

chrono01

hopefully it's because of all the data I gave them and not because I just happened to get them at a time where they decided to check early. because I got paranoid (though not enough it seems) about being careful not to completely lose my acc and all the stories of people in this thread losing their acc, I made sure to ss al my shit. so advice for anyone in the future, just in case, ss Transfer code, ID, cards, teams, friends, everything
Absolutely. When it comes to your account, you can never have too much information. Take note of everything!

...Well, personally writing down your top score for all of the songs/difficulties might be asking a bit too much, but then no one's insane enough to do that.

I think.

GoXDS

Absolutely. When it comes to your account, you can never have too much information. Take note of everything!

...Well, personally writing down your top score for all of the songs/difficulties might be asking a bit too much, but then no one's insane enough to do that.

I think.

I just noted down some of the stuff I remember other people posted in the past about what they recorded/gave. so, team names, friends, ss of cards, you MUST have your ID. KLab this time also asked for past transfer codes. and receipt from Google if you bought Love Gems (though I never have). though supposedly someone once got asked what their clear rates for songs were =\

also, I think they did this for the time before this past Hanayo event but, wut? 9 days between events? are they rushing to catch up or not? ._. the update on Monday isn't even a long one

Look what the SiIva dragged in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tn3a2THGIM

And that episode was more disappointing than the finale of OG Love Live Season 1
Shit yeah I went there!
. This could have just been the first episode of Season 2. You could essentially skip to the song at the end and miss out on nothing. On the plus side, it did nothing to hurt what the show has built up so far.

JoeFu

Banned
it was awful, no amount of spinning or explanation will redeem it. who the heck feels like it's a good idea to have half the episode be a series recap

why

it was so bad chika ran away in the middle of the last song

bring back muse

Hachitora

Last episode was pretty disappointing. Last song was good. The way they recapped was cute, I guess. But it was absolutely unnecessary. Idk why they felt the need to do that. Overall, a kinda bummer way to end the season.

The season as a whole was good, barring that last episode. Hoping for season 2 to be much better than what this season was.

Top Bottom