• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

JoeFu

Banned
Wow I can't FC this stupid Hanayo song. It's not even that hard. I almost FC'd but somehow missed one note towards the end. So sad :(

JoeFu

Banned
Welp seems like complaining always works. I got the FC. I was pissed I was gonna miss it and used a loveca to give it another shot

Himemiya

It worked for me as well, I was worried it was going to get away from me again.

Ack! To roll for Eli or save for Maki score match. Dilemma.
image.php

Ahhhhhh cutie spotted !

Yaari

Man iOS8 is giving me small freezes when playing. I actually failed a song because of that now, makes me angry.

Yes that card is cool. I actually tried searching for it thinking it was a SR/UR but never found it, so it was a R eh.. lol.

Mazre

Just got home, and as is my custom during LL events, I was emptying my LP that had capped out during the working day. 2 quick plays of Cutie Panther Ex for JP and then over to EN, where since it was in rotation, I fired up Soldier Game again. Played though as normal dropping a few notes, no big deal, it happens. Start up my second playthrough and ease into the familiar opening. My mind starts to wander as it often does during familiar tasks. Next thing I know I'm tapping through song completion screens and the bonus screen pops up and the 'S' rank pops up in the combo row. Wait ...what? Did I just FC Solider Game on hard? Oh snap I did! Whoo! After 122 attempts my sub-conscious mind executed the song better than my conscious mind did.

Yaari

Can someone detail the Scoring Event for me. I did read the Wiki but I don't quite get it, do you get rewarded based on your scoring or is it a grindfest for points, in which your song performance gets added to your total?

For example I really want that Maki card but I'm pretty damn awful, so I guess I should not be expecting to be hitting a top 1000 there.

Also do you really play at the same time as 3 others in that mode?

Mazre

Can someone detail the Scoring Event for me. I did read the Wiki but I don't quite get it, do you get rewarded based on your scoring or is it a grindfest for points, in which your song performance gets added to your total?

For example I really want that Maki card but I'm pretty damn awful, so I guess I should not be expecting to be hitting a top 1000 there.

You play songs against 3 other players. You then earn event points based on your score. You get a base number of points based on selected difficulty for completion and then 2 multipliers are applied. One is based on your placement relative to the other 3 players. The second multiplier is based on the score rank (C-S) you receive for the song. So the best result is getting 1st with an S rank, for 245 pts on a Hard song (not sure that the first score match will include Ex mode or not).

So essentially you do better with better performance but it's still ultimately a grind. The main improvement to normal events being that you don't have to first grind for tokens, then grind plays from those tokens. Also multiple songs.

m0t0k1

You get rewarded based on your scoring and like all events its still grinding. You need a total of 25k to get the sr. But the amount of points totally depends on how you play. Its based on your song rank and placement rank so yes you really play against 3 others. So for example of you Finnish 4th and get a c rank for the song you'll get 185 points but if you get a first place plus s-rank you'll get 245 points so it got some differences. The score event is also less grindy because there is no event song. You play a song at random against 3 others at the same time. You can even play songs you haven't unlocked yet. So you still grind but it keeps things fresh because the outcome is always different.

Yaari

Thanks, I get it now. Interesting that you play with others, never a lack of opponents then?

I doubt I can even compete at Hard yet. Some of these songs kick my ass. Sounds like I might need to spend some extra time but still have a decent chance though. It will just take me a little longer.. lol.

Hachitora

Just tried out Beat in Angel EX for the first time. The hard parts were definitely the last parts of the intro/outro. Suprised I even got a C combo on it.
Did I just FC Solider Game on hard? Oh snap I did! Whoo! After 122 attempts my sub-conscious mind executed the song better than my conscious mind did.

Nice! Muscle memory ftw

Kumubou

You know, I am needlessly excited for the first round of score match, where I can body a bunch of people
unless they have a bunch of URs, the jerks

Mokoi

Banned
I'm going fail the EX songs on purpose, and just rack up points that way to get first place. Muahahahahaha!

chrono01

I'm going to save my 50+ Loveca for when they add the next UR Umi, where I will ultimately fail in my quest to get ANY UR. :/

Oh, does anyone know what Normal Student was added for this update?

Hugstable

Banned

54jB5xE.png

:p

At this point maybe I should just skip UR Nozomi and wait for October cards, hopefully they will add her with the first batch!

You're never gonna get a UR if you hardly ever pull...

This is the new Normal if you didn't get her yet

Thats the new normal? Must be easy to get 2 then, I got both on my first Friend Point pull. Also yay new Rin SR was added! I'm doing pretty good on saving most of my Loveca right now and thinking I should end with at least 28 or so Loveca, so it'll be easy for me to get the rest and blow it on a 11+1 Guaranteed SR. I'm gonna be so sad if I get 0 Rin cards considering how many SR and UR's they added for her recently.

Qurex

Neo Member
I can deal with nendroids and other PvC kind of figurines. But dolls creep me out for some reason :eek:
Not even for Kotori? :p
Sort of off topic, but do we have any doll fans/collectors here?
They're not really my thing but I just happened to come across this, while browsing for Love Live stuff on amiami. It seems there's only Honoka, Kotori, Maki, Hanayo and Eli so far. It looks like they are based off the costumes for Mogyutto "love" de Sekkinchuu!
Only Nozomi, Umi and Rin are left now. Looking at them again, I think they are based off the Rare Pure cards rather than the costumes for Mogyutto "love" de Sekkinchuu!

Hope they get 1/8 scale figures sometime. I like those.
There are 1/8 figures coming up for the Natsuiro Egao de 1, 2, Jump! costumes (the Smile Rare Cards).
From the looks of things you can only get Kotori now, not sure if you can get Umi still from somewhere else. You probably can't get Honoka anymore as that was quite a while back though. There is another Honoka based off the costume for Bokura wa Ima no Naka de. Again you might be able to get it from somewhere else.
Although I don't really know anything about figures. So I can't actually tell if these are meant to be good or not.

Pull:
lol this team
Rin overload.
That team on the bottom is yours right? Since I see the idolised Animal Rin card yet you only pulled one in that pic :p

Finally got round to playing after school NAVIGATORS, it's an alright song.
Will hopefully have Rin by the end of today.

m0t0k1

Not even for Kotori? :p
Just looked at Kotori...... nope nope nope those eyes and facial expression look even creepier then that of Nico!

YES got my BD4 so excited to watch the Live footage
VOAgelU.png

and these promo cards

Wow those cards look awesome. Hope you enjoy them. Its really too bad they are a bit on the weak side and also very hungry. But they are great for a side team where you just go for all the awesome cards :D

fek

Only Nozomi, Umi and Rin are left now. Looking at them again, I think they are based off the Rare Pure cards rather than the costumes for Mogyutto "love" de Sekkinchuu!
I have a few dolls, original characters usually look better in my opinion, but this Nico is pretty cute and since azone dolls are convenient to import compared to other brands I will probably get her

chrono01

You're never gonna get a UR if you hardly ever pull...

This is the new Normal if you didn't get her yet
True, it's just that I'm trying to remain as non-IAP as possible [especially considering Love Live isn't the only "freemium" game I play], although I have purchased a couple sets of 55 Loveca in the last few months. No luck then, but I'm confident if I continue to use whatever Loveca that come my way [as well as purchased Loveca, whenever I feel the need to] I'll eventually get a UR.

It'd be nice if they had "Godfest" events similar to Puzzle & Dragons, but I guess that's what you would consider when they add a new UR card. Of course with the rate only boosted for that single UR, and not a set of them [as is the case with P&D] your odds are improved but not as much as they could be.

Thanks for posting the Normal, BTW. I guess I'll go after her as soon as I earn my Rin SR [I have something like 1400 Tokens that I've been sitting/procrastinating on -_-], just so I have something to feed the fodder to.

m0t0k1

True, it's just that I'm trying to remain as non-IAP as possible [especially considering Love Live isn't the only "freemium" game I play], although I have purchased a couple sets of 55 Loveca in the last few months. No luck then, but I'm confident if I continue to use whatever Loveca that come my way [as well as purchased Loveca, whenever I feel the need to] I'll eventually get a UR.

It'd be nice if they had "Godfest" events similar to Puzzle & Dragons, but I guess that's what you would consider when they add a new UR card. Of course with the rate only boosted for that single UR, and not a set of them [as is the case with P&D] your odds are improved but not as much as they could be.

Thanks for posting the Normal, BTW. I guess I'll go after her as soon as I earn my Rin SR [I have something like 1400 Tokens that I've been sitting/procrastinating on -_-], just so I have something to feed the fodder to.

You have to wait a year bro. They introduced a new kind of ticket draw in the JPN version. For every 10 levels you rank up or 10+ 1 draw you get a special ticket. When you get 5 tickets you can do a draw. the drop rates are 80% SR and 20% UR. So that increases the drop rate by a lot. Gotta keep the faith! I have not spend a single Euro but i now have 3 URs :D 1 with that special ticket draw i just mentioned. 1 promo UR but in essence they have the same strength as an R and 1 via a 10+1 draw. Took me 8 months of play.

chrono01

You have to wait a year bro. They introduced a new kind of ticket draw in the JPN version. For every 10 levels you rank up or 10+ 1 draw you get a special ticket. When you get 5 tickets you can do a draw. the drop rates are 80% SR and 20% UR. So that increases the drop rate by a lot. Gotta keep the faith! I have not spend a single Euro but i now have 3 URs :D 1 with that special ticket draw i just mentioned. 1 promo UR but in essence they have the same strength as an R and 1 via a 10+1 draw. Took me 8 months of play.
Nice man, I'll try to remain positive.

That change to the 10+1 draw would be welcome, after all, getting a single free Loveca for 10 Loveca spent doesn't exactly go a long way. I'd definitely save up those special tickets for the increased odds, although as you say, it will likely be a long time. We still haven't received the improved UI patch yet. :(

Congrats on your UR, by the way. That's pretty impressive. I have that Love Live/Honoka UR too, although I haven't redeemed her yet [did get around to opening the Blu-ray]. I really should get on that...

m0t0k1

Nice man, I'll try to remain positive.

That change to the 10+1 draw would be welcome, after all, getting a single free Loveca for 10 Loveca spent doesn't exactly go a long way. I'd definitely save up those special tickets for the increased odds, although as you say, it will likely be a long time. We still haven't received the improved UI patch yet. :(

Congrats on your UR, by the way. That's pretty impressive. I have that Love Live/Honoka UR too, although I haven't redeemed her yet [did get around to opening the Blu-ray]. I really should get on that...

Yeah it really is strange i had nothing for 6,5 months and in a 1,5 month i have 3 URs crazy how luck can work sometimes.

Himemiya

Hey if you want to answer can you tell me:

How much does 86 loveca cost in YOUR EN game?
What country are you in/have your currency set to (if this matters)
Edit: Also if it's android or apple.

This is to figure out if there are differences in different countries and if the tax is different too. I really don't know, I called google but they didn't give that helpful of an answer regarding tax, said something about developer's choosing the tax or something??

elhaym

This is to figure out if there are differences in different countries and if the tax is different too. I really don't know, I called google but they didn't give that helpful of an answer regarding tax, said something about developer's choosing the tax or something??

$49.99 USD here. :|

edit: Wait wtf, on my phone (Android) it's $48.85. o_O

chrono01

In Canada it's $49.99, as well, but that's before taxes. So a little over $50, I guess.

m0t0k1

It's times like those that you need to stock up on lottery tickets.

It really is hard to stock up on them. Since i dont do many 10+1 draws and dont level that fast. If you got a lot of cash to spent its easier to get URs now

86 gems is €35,24 over here in the Netherlands. But Europe has tax always calculated in the price.

Himemiya

Ok that's interesting because the google rep said app developers mostly put one set price so I was wondering if the $53.54(USD??) in my Canadian game is what everyone else is seeing but that can't be right.

@chrono01 was $49.99 displayed in game, and then when/if you bought them it showed a higher price because of tax?

chrono01

Ok that's interesting because the google rep said app developers mostly put one set price so I was wondering if the $53.54(USD??) in my Canadian game is what everyone else is seeing but that can't be right.
@chrono01 was $49.99 displayed in your game, but then when/if you bought them it showed a higher price because of tax?
I see "$49.99" when I go to purchase. The fees afterwards, such as taxes, are added then.

Himemiya

I see "$49.99" when I go to purchase. The fees afterwards, such as taxes, are added then.

Is this on android? That's another thing the rep said wouldn't happen, in most cases anyway. I guess this would be bad if you use a google play card ($50) and think you're covered, but then you have to pay extra tax.

I hope a weird number like $53.54 means tax is already included...

Top Bottom