• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

fek

plus isn't the next Live in January would that conflict with the Lantis thing

I could easily go, just need more info
It's on the 31 and the 1st of february, I guess they could say it would conflict since they would need to travel pretty far

Yaari

I need to be doing some calculating because I have no clue where I'm at with my tokens and intended goal.

And it's getting difficult to resist the urge to start pulling for that UR Eli even though I know I'm not going to get it.

I need to be doing some calculating because I have no clue where I'm at with my tokens and intended goal.

And it's getting difficult to resist the urge to start pulling for that UR Eli even though I know I'm not going to get it.

Not with that attitude you're not.

chrono01

How's everyone doing in the Rin Event so far?
I had something like 1900 Tokens, but I'm down to 1100 now. I got my SR Rin, at least, and hope to reach within the Top 1000 for my second.

I'm playing the non 4x event song, though, for the XP. The more I rank up, the less chance of having "wasted" LP when I'm away doing things [since it doesn't reach the cap as quickly], and the more use I'll get out of Loveca refreshes. It's painful, though. Love Navigators is a great song, but I'm already tired of it. -_-

Qurex

Neo Member
I must say I'm doing better at the event song than I thought I would (ie. failing), but I totally mess up in the last 20 seconds when you get a stream of notes, and its just overwhelming unfortunately.
So you're still playing the game? Which account are you using?
I'm asking as according to my friend's list you haven't been online for the last 8 days. Talking about your new account, I removed your old one. It says you're rank 38.

Oh and there were some 1/10 LL figures from ages ago but they didn't look as great, also, you asked for 1/8 scale. Is there really much difference between the scales?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ur-launches-in-las-vegas-on-january-16/.79154

Guys, μ's could totally be in this. They have been performing in the past few Lantis Festivals that are happening this year in Japan
Oh nice. Would consider going except, it's nowhere near Europe :p
Thanks for answering that question about doll brands.

How's everyone doing in the Rin Event so far?
Not bad, got the SR Rin yesterday, will probably end up somewhere in the top 2000, maybe top 1000 if I have some time.

Yaari

Well 1/8 would be cheaper and smaller but don't forget about Bokutachi Nico

actually looking forward to that even though its Nico

Cool. I wonder if Honoka is from the same lineup. In the comments someone said Alter is also doing LL figures. If that is true then I'll buy those, they will look awesome. Can't find anything on that yet though.

elhaym

This song is SO MUCH BETTER on EX!

Byf5DQ3IAAAY2MT.jpg

Qurex

Neo Member
Well 1/8 would be cheaper and smaller but don't forget about Bokutachi Nico

actually looking forward to that even though its Nico

Wait what? 1/8 is smaller and cheaper than 1/10? I thought it would be the other way around?
Browsing around on that site I saw that there's going to be 1/7 Maki, so going off what you said, then isn't that a really small scale figure?
Honestly, I'm having trouble picturing how large these scale figures are.

If Bokutachi Nico is anything close to the Honoka one in quality, it'll probably look really nice. Not too sure I like that pose though.

Mokoi

Banned
Oh yeah I don't like the Hobby Search website at all, and you best post Nozomi Safs. Top of page requires Nozomi.

elhaym

50 pull on my JP phone account. Caved on the 1st year student box.

Ehhhhhhhh.

edit: Wow this BD4 UR Eli. Also, I need to try to not pay attention to animation quality. It's SO BAD. =(

Himemiya

After School Navigators EX is so fun! Love when a flurry of notes comes and you just gotta let the fingers go rather than think, kinda like playing Kaguya on hard the first time.

Got my SR Rin-chan; Cute, but she says the same things as job Rin.

Mhmm...RinPana in kimono, very nice, congrats
YlPQvaI.gif

Mokoi

Banned

Ehhhhhhhh.

edit: Wow this BD4 UR Eli. Also, I need to try to not pay attention to animation quality. It's SO BAD. =(

Hmm two SRs, not bad at all. As for the BD enjoy those quality moments.
---
Also µ's rap album when?

Mokoi

Banned
After school navigators moves too slow on hard. Ex is so much better to play. Also I just got the Event normie. Yay!

Hachitora

Damn, looks like I'll need to use some love gems to get back in the top 200s. And I see Safs and Hugs are up there in the 20s...

elhaym

More Endless Parade!

I really like Nawatobi. I do wish Hanayo/Yurika had more emphasis. She seems so counter to the pop-ish music the rest of the time.

I really didn't get that weird transition into Beat in Angel... The more of the lives I watch, I feel like Pile depends on the studio for vocals. I'm not too big on this song to start with. =/

AGH NICOPURI. WHY. (Also, wtf @ those costumes)

Garden of Glass - I'm kinda indifferent to this song. I like the singers, it just feels kinda bland to me. Also, I'll be honest, until was watching this choreography I never bothered finding the translated lyrics. Well, they're sure pushing that!

Loneliest Baby. Yeah, still don't care for this song.

OH YEAH, KAGUYA! Just when I was giving up hope for another song that I liked. Can't explain why I like this song so much. Something about the beat and the shouts just make it entertaining. (As an aside, Pile seems to really need that fan!)

Conversation: I really like these parts actually because it challenges me to understand things. I actually put the Endless Parade BD audio on my iPod and little by little I figure out a bit more each time I listen.

Mogyutto - Uuuuuuuuuuuugh so overplayed for the love of god make it go away already. I'm now back in pain from that first event.

Baby maybe - Oh I see how it is, we're going backwards now. Dang.

Loveless World! OK! Back in business again! Pyrotechnics! Drum machines! Yeah! This is actually off the first CD that I actually bothered to import and I'm glad I did.

I am split on this part of the live. Liked some, was ok with some, and then Nicopuri. I can't remember, is there another part on another of the upcoming BDs? I didn't really follow along with the release. =p

Crescent-

Damn my phone just suddenly decided not to respond totally to touches when playing the 4x event song, gonna have to burn a love gem just to retry the song, fml

man 14 EX plays (and no FC ;_;) and 8 4X plays later, I've used most of my tokens and am at 32,303 points but

Just 30 ranks until 100 LP, home stretch baby

my fingers and elbow are all owie now too :(

Is there a list of rewards for ranks somewhere?

And is 1 guaranted SR for 11 pulls constant ongoing bonus or it changes for some other bonuses over time ?

JoeFu

Banned

Finally FC'd the JP event song.

And is 1 guaranted SR for 11 pulls constant ongoing bonus or it changes for some other bonuses over time ?

Usually they occur after events, but they added it during the event because they needed to add cards they didn't get to release earlier.

cpooi

Click on the event on the home screen, then click reward details.

The bonus changes to the chance to get 11Rs with a 50 loveca pull (i.e. nothing)

What to do with obsolete idols ?

I got a bunch of N idols with stats to low to use and bond already maxed wasting space in my member list.

m0t0k1

I got a bunch of N idols with stats to low to use and bond already maxed wasting space in my member list.

Sell them for money if you need money. Or if you want to level up other idols use them for exp. Most of my normals go towards SR or UR cards.

cpooi

Every unique idol (duplicates don't count) counts towards album rewards, which rewards you for max leveling their idolised form, among other things. If you really want every single loveca, max level them before killing them.

Marche90

After completely missing the stuff that was added yesterday, I finally had the chance to play the EX version of the event song. Wow, it's really fun! It's been a while since I have said that about a song in this game. Sure, maybe I wasn't able to FC it, but still, it's so good that I'm gonna try to git gud in this one.

Oh, and SR Rin get!

Guys, never sleep for more than half a day. It isn't worth it ._.

Fuuuuuu... I forgot to transfer my game to my phone before heading in to work today. Can't be making those mistakes during crunch time.

Qurex

Neo Member
A system maintenance has been announced for the English Version

It will happen tommorow, Sunday 28th September and last from 12:30 PM UTC to 1:45 PM UTC.
Countdown until the system maintenance starts
t1411907400z0.png

Oh I meant if Yaari was wanting 1/8, those would be smaller/cheaper than 1/6, 1/7 etc but yes 1/10 are small and cheap, sorry for being confusing!

I have a 1/5 figure that is 33 cm and GSC Honoka (who is 1/8) will be 18 cm.

Oh haha, yeah, that makes sense.
1/8 is smaller than I expected. Although I guess since they're 1/8 scale they can't be that large. 1/7 and 1/6 are probably closer to what I expected for how large scale figures are.
1/5 sounds massive though, probably expensive as well. I would be too worried about it falling over and getting damaged if it had a pose like Honoka's.

froliq

Yeah I played the non 4x song for Maki's event (often to rank up faster) and actually kept a decent rank, but afterwards it plummeted so fast

Yeah, I've gained 12 ranks during the event so far. Easily kept up and even considered going for top 9000, but I'll just aim for 2nd tier now like I first planned.

JoeFu

Banned
How are you guys able to grind so easily? After playing an hour and a half I feel like my eyes are dying. And I used some eye drops as well.

I still have 2k yokes in EN and after using them I should be around 19k. Have a few hundred in JP and am currently at 14.6k in rank 33k. Ezpz in JP this event for some reason.

Himemiya

A system maintenance has been announced for the English Version

It will happen tommorow, Sunday 28th September and last from 12:30 PM UTC to 1:45 PM UTC.

Wow, for what purpose? I forgot what "system maintenance" meant the other times it happened.

it would be cool it you could like set which ones are displayed if they have the same bond amount. Maybe only I would care for that idk

I would care. I would love to get a promo/idolized UR one day but if it knocked my Kayo-chins out of the rankings I would be a little miffed!

I'm currently on track to get a teacher+scouting ticket in this event. Thought about maybe letting myself drop to 3 gems tier but because I will still play to try and boost my event song ranking further up 3 gems tier...not gonna happen ^^

Qurex

Neo Member
it would be cool it you could like set which ones are displayed if they have the same bond amount. Maybe only I would care for that idk
Not certain about this, but I think that if you have idols with same score. The one which is shown to be ranked 3rd or whatever, depends on who you used last.
By that I mean used as your main or played a song with them on the team, they might also need to be leading the team.

Wow, for what purpose? I forgot what "system maintenance" meant the other times it happened.
Um, I'm not actually sure. Unlike the other annoncements there are no details given. Outside the regular ones, there have been very few extra system maintenance periods.
However, all of those had the details mentioned in the system maintenance notice.

21 July 2014 - That one was where the game was updated to version 1.6.4. However, the next event data was also added that time.
27 June 2014 - Emergency maintenance. That was in order to resolve the problem where players didn't receive member rewards at the result screen after playing EASY and NORMAL version of Kitto Seishun ga Kikoeru and Kaguya no Shiro de Odoritai.
30 May 2014 - The game was updated to version 1.6.2. and had the data for the very first event added.
15 May 2014 - The earliest one, the game was updated to version 1.6.1

Every time there was a game version update, an update through AppStore/Google Play is required.
It's the only mainteance period to not last for x hours or 30 mins. Instead it lasts for 1 hour 15 mins.
Strangely it starts at 12:30 PM rather 12:00 PM. Every other maintenance period has started on the hour. It'll be 9:30 PM in Japan when it starts.

Looking at the update history for the Japanese version. There has also been very few extra system maintenance periods. Apart from the ones where the game version was changed, the Japanese version did have a few where they upgraded the servers, revisied the program code for efficiency and a server performance update.
I have no idea about the Korean or Taiwanese verions.

Perhaps we might be getting an update to version 1.7 or 1.7.1 since that's the only version update between 1.6.x and 2.0. Although that update is mainly UI updates.
Either that or is it to do with the servers or perhaps a security issue.
My last idea is maybe there's a bug with the game. For example, everyone is drawing new cards easily or something like that.

So yeah, it could be anything.

Yaari

What do most do with their 3rd SR if they hit the top 200? Skill-up?

Need to do some heavy grinding as I am behind on schedule, 15k even points, I was aiming for 27k when it ends to get that top 1000 spot.

Mokoi

Banned
Is it Halloween yet? For some reason I'm in the mood.
For some reason I am too.
How are you guys able to grind so easily? After playing an hour and a half I feel like my eyes are dying. And I used some eye drops as well.

It's easy brah, well it's easy when you get in the idoru zone. Grinding is not the most frustrating part, but I always find spending the tokes to be a pain in ass.

What do most do with their 3rd SR if they hit the top 200? Skill-up?

Need to do some heavy grinding as I am behind on schedule, 15k even points, I was aiming for 27k when it ends to get that top 1000 spot.

nononononono, never use the 3rd SR as a skill up card. Just add that card into your team, so you can have a better overall team. Also it makes getting an all Honkers team easier or any idoru of your choice.

Top Bottom