• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lovely Planet |OT| A Katamari Damacy FPS

jb1234

Just started playing this. It's already getting tough and I haven't even finished the first world. Having a blast!

goglibody

Does anyone remember what order they did the second section of 4-4 in?

There is a homing hat as soon as you teleport, then a spinning stick.

Then the next room, you hop spikes, and have to deal with the 2 apple pops and a homing. Doesn't seem to be enough time to hit the 2nd apple.

WOOOOO! Nevermind, guess the solution was to git good.

Finished world 1 to 4 today. Holy crap this game is amazing. Honestly I can't think of a single negative thing to say about it.
Soundtrack, visuals, gameplay, difficulty. Everything just fits together so well, I love it.

jb1234

Got to World 2 and now I'm going back through World 1 and getting all the stars. It is TOUGH, sweet jesus.

You are awesome! Some things confusing to me in the vids as I'm only in world 3, so can't wait to understand what's all that teleportation about. BTW, easy tutorial for how to make those webms?
Yeah, the teleports are introduced in W5 and definitely screw with you in the beginning,

I recorded the gameplay with OBS @ 720p60FPS and then just used this method
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=107330048&postcount=1471

It's incredibly easy, actually. Never made webms before and those were done in a few minutes.

This is a great host where you can upload them.

Marjar

Banned
I have no clue how I'm supposed to hit the red balls on 5-2 after teleporting.

This game is starting to become a little too much like Super Meat Boy, by which I mean it starts becoming a frustrating chore halfway through the game because of the hazards/mechanics they start to introduce.

At least the first three worlds are fun...

Burnburn

This game doesn't get enough love, it will be firmly in my top 10 of the year. Seems like it dropped of a cliff after the first week, which is really unfortunate.

Cross-posting from the 52 games thread:

Game #37: Lovely Planet - 16 hours

Twitch shooter that has a very easy premise, but gets very hard later on. Shoot all the enemies, block their shots with your shots and get to the finish, all while going as fast as possible. I had a lot of fun with it and ended up getting all the achievements for it. Worlds 1-3 were a lot of fun, but after that they started to introduce some pretty sketchy new features that turned the game into trial and error a bit too much. I've seen some complaints that the music started to get annoying after a while, but I thought otherwise. When you're kind off "in the zone" you filter the music out anyway and just focus on completing the level. But sometimes you get out of the zone, thanks to frustration or other stuff and then you hear the music which can only make you shake your head, smile, relax a little bit and get you right back at it. The music is so pleasant <3.

7/10

Oh I see why this thread has so little posts, it is already moved to community to die there :/

oni-link

Picked this up this week, I've only played 30mins but really enjoying it so far

That said I needed to switch jump to the right mouse button as pressing space and using WASD is extremely awkward

Top Bottom