• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

DaBoss

Ok, Chell needs a hat too XDD

O3zTOD4.png

Please, someone hear me!

This avy would be hard to Luigify, it's eyes will be covered!

There seem to be none.

Also, the gold you gather in multiplayer is transfered to your single player game. Knowing that it is like XP and allow you to get better equipment in SP, I can see that beeing helpful. That being said, I only gathered like 40G in 15 minutes of single player MP (yes, that's the good thing about it to, 1 to 4 players can play this mode :]).

About those saying that it is barebone, I don't have this feeling. I can see it being really challenging, you have 3 different set of rules, and the floors has several rooms (like 8 or 9). As far as I have played, it's always the same level, but the ghosts become stronger each time. It reminds me a bit of that tower mode in this LOTR Hack and Slash made after the 2nd movie (if I recall well).

Game is delivering so much.

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
I was going to buy this game digitally but since it gets a glowing cover i'll probably end up getting a physical copy.

Might as well join the Luigi-hat club then.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There seem to be none.

Also, the gold you gather in multiplayer is transfered to your single player game. Knowing that it is like XP and allow you to get better equipment in SP, I can see that beeing helpful. That being said, I only gathered like 40G in 15 minutes of single player MP (yes, that's the good thing about it to, 1 to 4 players can play this mode :]).

About those saying that it is barebone, I don't have this feeling. I can see it being really challenging, you have 3 different set of rules, and the floors has several rooms (like 8 or 9). As far as I have played, it's always the same level, but the ghosts become stronger each time. It reminds me a bit of that tower mode in this LOTR Hack and Slash made after the 2nd movie (if I recall well).
Ah I see. This is kind-of what I was trying to probe for. Thanks for the clarification again!

I've read the most contradictory reports regarding frame-rate. It had been said to be quite inconsistent and now in this topic someone says it's 60 fps... so?

I've read the most contradictory reports regarding frame-rate. It had been said to be quite inconsistent and now in this topic someone says it's 60 fps... so?

Have you read much recently about frame rate or are you talking about the issues with earlier versions of the game?

zroid

Banned

I really doubt it's 60... locked at 30 seems likely though. I'd be surprised if they would release this game with an unstable fps.

Manmedaz

Well, I don't know exactly if it is 60fps, but it is one of the most stable/best framerate I've seen in 3D on 3DS. Maybe a few minor hiccups when the camera is moving closer, but... No, really it is almost perfect, which is far from the E3 '11 version, I agree (this one was like 20-24 FPS, but it was 2 years ago !).

Neiteio

Yeah, Endless Mode is in multiplayer. It's in the official promotional trailer for the ScareScraper that NOA released, and it's been in every media preview.

Well, I don't know exactly if it is 60fps, but it is one of the most stable/best framerate I've seen in 3D on 3DS. Maybe a few minor hiccups when the camera is moving closer, but... No, really it is almost perfect, which is far from the E3 '11 version, I agree (this one was like 20-24 FPS, but it was 2 years ago !).

So it's definitely improved from the E3 '11 footage then. I was very excited for the game back then, but you couldn't help notice looking at the footage that it was very jaggy. Like, not a smooth line in sight. It does seem to have gotten better since.

Well this is fairly reassuring. Steady 30 are perfectly fine (and it's already better than the 25fps the original pal Luigi ran)!

Neiteio

So it's definitely improved from the E3 '11 footage then. I was very excited for the game back then, but you couldn't help notice looking at the footage that it was very jaggy. Like, not a smooth line in sight. It does seem to have gotten better since.
The framerate has definitely improved by leaps and bounds. I know what you're talking about from the old E3 demos, and it's nothing like that now. Just watch any of the recent trailers they've released. It's great. (But bear in mind YouTube is encoded at 30fps by default.)

Manmedaz

A whole lot better, yes ! AFAIK, this is shaping up as the best game on 3DS to date (I'm almost at the end of the 3rd mansion now).

OwlyKnees

I was going to buy this game digitally but since it gets a glowing cover i'll probably end up getting a physical copy.

Same! Every purchase I've made so far has been digital for the 3DS XL. A glow-in-the-dark cover is such a fantastic bonus for this game that I couldn't pass it up.

Iacobellis

For someone that LOVED LM on the GameCube, how would they fare with this one? I have not really kept up with this game at all since it was revealed at E3, but I do know there is multiplayer. Is it more or less puzzle-oriented than the first game was?

XaosWolf

For someone that LOVED LM on the GameCube, how would they fare with this one? I have not really kept up with this game at all since it was revealed at E3, but I do know there is multiplayer. Is it more or less puzzle-oriented than the first game was?

If you love the first one, then this'll be a no-brainer.
Everything is as it should be for a Luigi's Mansion sequel.

The framerate has definitely improved by leaps and bounds. I know what you're talking about from the old E3 demos, and it's nothing like that now. Just watch any of the recent trailers they've released. It's great. (But bear in mind YouTube is encoded at 30fps by default.)
Excellent. I always try to shrink the YouTube window to a 3DS screen sized box so I can get a better idea of what it'll look like. Didn't realize that about 30fps, only a few times have frame rate issues bothered me (Castelvania demo, ick).
A whole lot better, yes ! AFAIK, this is shaping up as the best game on 3DS to date (I'm almost at the end of the 3rd mansion now).
Well... it'll have to beat out Kid Icarus for me! But it does look very good.

I'm feeling there will be a sixth, secret mansion... the moon splits up into six segments in the intro

OwlyKnees

I'm feeling there will be a sixth, secret mansion... the moon splits up into six segments in the intro

Post-game speculation:

I thought Jintor said that there was no 'second quest'? Granted, second quest could imply substantial new content and he neglected to mention a bonus mansion. You may end up getting the first piece for free, or such.

Post-game speculation:

I thought Jintor said that there was no 'second quest'? Granted, second quest could imply substantial new content and he neglected to mention a bonus mansion. You may end up getting the first piece for free, or such.

Or the sixth piece could just be a product of the final boss fight. Who knows. Just wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility considering 3D Land.

OwlyKnees

Or the sixth piece could just be a product of the final boss fight. Who knows. Just wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility considering 3D Land.

I would literally be over the moon if we had anything similar to the Super Mario 3D Land additional content in this game.

Okei, enough black bars from me.

daripad

I don't know if you've seen this one, I edited into my post after.
8r23Ip1.png
As soon as I get into my computer I will change, thank you for your dedication, I can give you a club Nintendo code if you want, just confirm it and I'll give it to you (the code is for you to earn coins)

DaBoss

As soon as I get into my computer I will change, thank you for your dedication, I can give you a club Nintendo code if you want, just confirm it and I'll give it to you (the code is for you to earn coins)

Nah, it's all good. I'm just the Luigi hat king!
No, I'm DaBoss! lol

Manmedaz

Excellent. I always try to shrink the YouTube window to a 3DS screen sized box so I can get a better idea of what it'll look like. Didn't realize that about 30fps, only a few times have frame rate issues bothered me (Castelvania demo, ick).

Well... it'll have to beat out Kid Icarus for me! But it does look very good.

You start the game with one segment already :/.

Top Bottom