• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion VS Mario Sunshine VS Wario World

Borat

Banned
Which is your favourite of the three bro games?

I'd have to go for Luigi's Mansion - one of my favourite GC games. It had charm, variety, beauty, lovely soundtrack, camp humour and wasn't too long that it got boring. Just pure fun.

SA-X

Luigi's Mansion was cool and unique but not as good as Mario Sunshine. Wario World was kinda 'bleh'. So Mario > Luigi > Wario.

Now all Nintendo has to do is make a platformer staring Bowser.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I just started replaying LM about 30 minutes ago. It's actually really good, didn't think much of it as a lauch title. SMS is the bomb though, SMS > LM =(ish)WW

They're all great though.

olimario

Banned
Luigi's Mansion is a much better game than Mario Sunshine. It may be shorter, but all of the elements are extremely polished and it's a great experience full of the charm of the Mario universe.

Wario World was horrible.

ss_lm_pre26.jpg

Mario Sunshine > Luigi/Wario

Mario Sunshine is one of the best ngames this gen imo. I don't care too much for either Luigi or Wario though.

ourumov

IMO the best one is Luigi's Mansion. It has been discussed a lot of times here on GAF and a lot of people have the same opinion I have refering to LM. LM and Pikmin are the only Nintendo games this gen that have a real Nintendo feeling.
All the rest failed.

So for me it's this:

LM > SMS > WW

Sorry Treasure !

impirius

Why the Wario World hate? It was a fun little romp. I'd love to see more platformers done in WW's kinda-3D style.

Memles

SMS>LM>>>>WW

Got bored with what I played of Wario World, to be honest. It didn't click with me.

My problem with Luigi's Mansion was not that it wasn't a great game, but that it in the end was too short. Some parts were really quite good, while others seemed less interesting. I sold the title after launch, as I had played it twice, but I loved what I played.

Simply thought SMS was more of a full game experience, rather than a short cohesive one. But I have no hatred for LM.

Prospero

Luigi's Mansion is the best of the three by far--I've played through it three times. It's short, but it's nearly perfect.

Super Mario Sunshine I couldn't be bothered to finish, and Wario World was overrated--glad I just rented it.

Luigi's Mansion is so much different from Super Mario Sunshine and Wario World. But if I had to choose....Sunshine, Luigi, and then Wario. Although all three are solid games, that's just the order of my liking. In my opinion both Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion 0WN3D

Ranger X

Kabuki Waq said:
wtf is that in your avatar?

lololol It's one of the world's most controversial alien picture ever! Nobody seems to be able to prove it fake ---- or of course to really prove it's an alien.

cvxfreak

I love Super Mario Sunshine the most, but there's no denying Luigi's Mansion's awesomeness. LM flowed perfectly; it wasn't quite long enough but it was a different concept that worked out extremely well. Wario World was OK, but I sold it as I didn't feel like finishing it.

amrum

LM > sms (never tryed Wario world)

Luigi's mansion is one of my favourite game on Gamecube, i love the atmosphere of this game.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I'm going to have to play LM again. Admittedly I only played an hour before putting the controller down out of boredom, but dammit there are too many good games out there for me to spend time on a game which can't interest me in the first hour.

Super Mario Sunshine was the full package. It was a complete experience whereas Luigi's Mansion was just a tad to underdeveloped. Wario World on the other hand is very underrated. My girlfriend had more fun with WW than either bros title simply because it was so easy to pick up and play. Also, Wario World had a greater variety of levels and themes. It also incorporated some good puzzles in the mix, which broke up the constant action. I would have to say I prefer Wario World over Luigi's Mansion, but Mario Sunshine over both.

I can't really say.

Both LM and WW had that quick yet fun feeling, while SMS got annoying because of the blue coins (still fun, though). As for length, though, SMS>WW=LM.

I enjoyed all three pretty much the same.

Bog

Junior Ace
lochnesssnowman said:
SMS>LM>WW

SMS and LM were class and I really enjoyed both. Wario World is good fun but not in the same league as the other two.

Wait, I agree with this one more.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
This isn't even opinion, it shouldn't have even been asked.

SMS > LM > WW

With all the insane fun of LM and the perfectly timed game length it still doesn't match the package of SMS.

Top Bottom