• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Luxury" music festival organised by Ja Rule turns into Lord of the Flies sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
vyJpVqF.png

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/857914795042975744

OMG, the GAF shop job got featured! I love this thread.

"It was a very traumatic experience," she said. "Although a lot of people are making it a mockery - that it's rich kids not knowing how to camp - that's not the situation at all.
That is what the situation sounds like tbh.

Not all the tickets were 12k. Some were significantly heaper. So not everyone who attended was wealthy. The "haha fuck the rich" bullshit in this thread is idiotic.
The situation also sounds dangerous and like it has the potential to result in violence. I don't see anything funny or amusing about it.

I hope people not wealthy enough pretending to be wealthy by attending to a "luxury" festival and posting pictures in social media learned their lesson then.

I will always laugh at that kind of stuff. Like people without enough money to buy very expensive tech trying to buy the cheapest possible online only to get a brick. If you're not wealthy, don't try to pretend you are.

Funnier if there are actual rich kids getting the "short" stick for once.

PBY

Banned
I hope people not wealthy enough pretending to be wealthy by attending to a "luxury" festival and posting pictures in social media learned their lesson then.

I will always laugh at that kind of stuff. Like people without enough money to buy very expensive tech trying to buy the cheapest possible online only to get a brick. If you're not wealthy, don't try to pretend you are.

I don't understand this, still.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

What are you even going on about?

Loxley

This is also my first time hearing about DashCon and the ballpit and just...what the fuck. Is it possible for any of these smaller community-focused cons to not be a complete disaster?

red731

That Periscope feed.
Dear lady, please screw the video, put the celly in the middle of the gang and use it as a dictaphone.

Zen Aku

Look like a high school football tailgate party lol

And all these quotes are killing me

"It was a very traumatic experience," she said. "Although a lot of people are making it a mockery - that it's rich kids not knowing how to camp - that's not the situation at all.
"It was truly the worst 27 hours of my life.
"It ended up being the closest thing to war I've ever seen. There was no food, no water. As soon as it got dark it was not a safe place to be.

sounds like a bunch of rich kids.

Socivol

It's hilarious but horrible at the same time. These people got fucking scammed but it's hard to feel sorry for rich douchebags that will get all of their money back.

This is genuinely hilarious, but I'm baffled by the 'rich kid' comments.

Most of these people only paid $500. That's by no means out of reach of average people, most of whom should have probably known that if something seems too good to be true, it probably is...but let's put that aside for a moment, these aren't all rich kids.

I wonder how many actually paid those premium amounts and if anyone did, I doubt they are still there, they will have bailed to the nearest hotel/resort the second shit started to get crazy.

Kaladin

Why are people shitting on innocent people who just wanted to attend a music festival ?

Because they're the 1% who can afford such a thing and we don't get such opportunities to shit on them very often.

Most of these people only paid $500. That's by no means out of reach of average people, most of whom should have probably known that if something seems too good to be true, it probably is...but let's put that aside for a moment, these aren't all rich kids.

I wonder how many actually paid those premium amounts and if anyone did, I doubt they are still there, they will have bailed to the nearest hotel/resort the second shit started to get crazy.

The premium people seem to be the ones we're hearing from mostly.

Because the OP starts off with "a luxury music festival in the Bahamas, with tickets costing up to $12,000 (£9,200)" and the article doesn't mention the cheaper tickets. The detail about how most people got $500 tickets that included airfare isn't even mentioned till halfway through the thread, and naturally people don't read the whole thing before replying.

Tbh I'm not even sure where the $12k number the BBC got came from since the organizers were offering packages that were $50k per person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom