• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

M: TG: Duels of the Planeswalkers: XBLA: Tournament: Thread

Phreaker

IJoel and I have been in contact, we will play our duels this weekend. I sent my decks list to you. Wish me luck. :) Oh, and I better go unlock some more cards!!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Nice!

Gonna re-post this for the new page.

Play your games or post about when you will play them by tomorrow. If you have been PMing/XBL messaging someone and they are MIA, let me know and I will find a replacement. If both people in matchup are MIA, I'll find two replacements. All round-one games should be played by the end of next Saturday, July 4th (preferably this weekend though). Round Two will start Sunday, July 5 and go through Saturday, July 11.

If that doesn't work for someone's schedule, please let me know so I can get a replacement.

Kifimbo

Alright, I'm moving in the next few days, so I'd rather let someone take my spot because if not sure if/when I'll be able to play. I really wanted that #1 prize, but hey that's life.

I'll use this space to thanks Gatekeeper/topdeckhobbies.com !

Good luck to my replacement, Timedog/Chickeny Dinner ! I'm rooting for you !

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Orellio 2 AstroLad 4
Game 1: Orellio (Green/Black) 0 AstroLad (White) 12
Game 2: Orellio (Green/Black) -7 AstroLad (Black) 1
Game 3: Orellio (Green) -19 AstroLad (Green/Black) 19
Game 4: Orellio (Green/Black) 16 AstroLad (White) 0
Game 5: Orellio (Green) 28 AstroLad (Green) -4
Game 6: Orellio (Green) -2 AstroLad (Black) 14

Great games man. The first two in particular were completely insane.

Oreoleo

Good games Astro, I would have been super pissed if I would have lost Game 4 after that glitch. I had your number that first time ;)

Speaking of glitches, at the end of game 1 (Literally, on the last turn) I zoomed in on one of your cards, Astro, and for whatever reason wouldn't un-zoom. The game continued as normal and I could even zoom in other cards, but your original zoomed card didn't disappear so I couldn't see 75% of the board. Though I can't say it had anything to do with why I lost :(

Edit: I have you at 14 for the end of game 6 though...?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Orellio said:
Speaking of glitches, at the end of game 1 (Literally, on the last turn) I zoomed in on one of your cards, Astro, and for whatever reason wouldn't un-zoom. The game continued as normal and I could even zoom in other cards, but your original zoomed card didn't disappear so I couldn't see 75% of the board. Though I can't say it had anything to do with why I lost :(
I thought they fixed that bug (it used to happen on discards with Mind Rot) but I guess not all the way. The way I've gotten out of it before is to click the right stick; I think maybe changing views with the d-pad might work too.

The game 4 thing was annoying. I use White a pretty decent amount and I've never had that happen, but it looked like it was related to Voice of All. Next patch pls Stainless.

Edit: You're correct, my mistake.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah see if you get a hold of him. I haven't heard back but I'll give him until end of the day. Next time I'll just PM waitlist folks in groups of 3 and whoever posts first.

Ronabo

Ronabo 3 Eric Wk 4
Game 1: Ronabo (Red/Green/Black) 8 Eric WK (Green/Black) 0
Game 2: Ronabo (Red/Green/Black) 4 Eric WK (Green/Black) -11
Game 3: Ronabo (Red/Green/Black) 17 Eric WK (Green/Black) -6
Game 4: Ronabo (Red/Green/Black) -4 Eric WK (Green/Black) 16
Game 5: Ronabo (Red/Green/Black) -8 Eric WK (Green/Black) 8
Game 6: Ronabo (Red/Green/Black) -15 Eric WK (Green/Black) 3
Game 7: Ronabo (Red/Green/Black) -1 Eric WK (Green/Black) 10

Epic comeback by Eric WK!

Oreoleo

Ronabo said:
Ronabo 3 Eric Wk 4
Game 1: Ronabo (Red/Green/Black) 8 Eric WK (Green/Black) 0
Game 2: Ronabo (Red/Green/Black) 4 Eric WK (Green/Black) -11
Game 3: Ronabo (Red/Green/Black) 17 Eric WK (Green/Black) -6
Game 4: Ronabo (Red/Green/Black) -4 Eric WK (Green/Black) 16
Game 5: Ronabo (Red/Green/Black) -8 Eric WK (Green/Black) 8
Game 6: Ronabo (Red/Green/Black) -15 Eric WK (Green/Black) 3
Game 7: Ronabo (Red/Green/Black) -1 Eric WK (Green/Black) 10

Epic comeback by Eric WK!

Wow, no kidding. Eric WK Pulled off what I merely attempted :p

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'm just gonna play with green deck the whole time. Fuck emailing and "secrets". I'm gonna lose 4 straight anyway :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
wow man you just put yourself at a HUGE disadvantage by completely giving up the elements of surprise and subterfuge

Phreaker

Game 1: Phreaker (blue) -4 IJoel (black) 17
Game 2: Phreaker (black) -2 IJoel (black) 5
Game 3: Phreaker (green/black) 19 vs IJoel (black) -12
Game 4: Phreaker (white) 8 vs IJoel (green/black) -6
Game 5: Phreaker (green) -4 vs IJoel (black) 4
Game 6: Phreaker (blue) -4 vs IJoel (green/black) 23

I never got a creature out on the final match. :(

IJoel moves on, I lost. Great games though!!

IJoel

Phreaker said:
Game 1: Phreaker (blue) -4 IJoel (black) 17
Game 2: Phreaker (black) -2 IJoel (black) 5
Game 3: Phreaker (green/black) 19 vs IJoel (black) -12
Game 4: Phreaker (white) 8 vs IJoel (green/black) -6
Game 5: Phreaker (green) -4 vs IJoel (black) 4
Game 6: Phreaker (blue) -4 vs IJoel (green/black) 23

I never got a creature out on the final match. :(

IJoel moves on, I lost. Great games though!!

These matches were a blast. To Phreaker's credit, he kept it varied with his deck selection, whereas I played it pretty safe. He also got a terrible hand on the last match.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Well one person from every matchup has checked in. Just waiting on Kureishima/NIN 90 and Timedog/lostzenfound to play their matches, and Gowans/Deunnero to finish theirs. Deadline is Saturday per the above. Fyi again per the above there is one week after that to play the next round.

lostzenfound

Lostzenfound (4 wins) vs Timedog (3 wins)

Game 1: Lostzenfound (Green/Black) 20 - Timedog (Green) 0
Game 2: Lostzenfound (Red) -1 - Timedog (Green) 8
Game 3: Lostzenfound (Red/White/Green) -8 - Timedog (Green) 3
Game 4: Lostzenfound (Green/Black) 9 - Timedog (Green) -10
Game 5: Lostzenfound (Red) -5 - Timedog (Green) 20
Game 6: Lostzenfound (Red/White/Green) 20 - Timedog (Green) -7
Game 7: Lostzenfound (Green/Black) 14 - Timedog (Green) 0

They were fun matches. I was sweating for a second -- and regretting for a minute that I was drinking a beer while playing.

The third match I totally won. I literally had the finishing attack about to happen, and Timedog didn't have any way to stop it, however I needed to use my creatures ability -- and sometimes the timer is so, so fast when you don't have any cards to play from your hand.

It snapped right to the attack phase before I could use my knight's ability for +3/+3. I was so pissed.

Timedog was a (sarcastically :) ) sore loser anyways...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
AstroLad said:
Well one person from every matchup has checked in. Just waiting on Kureishima/NIN 90 and Timedog/lostzenfound to play their matches, and Gowans/Deunnero to finish theirs. Deadline is Saturday per the above. Fyi again per the above there is one week after that to play the next round.
Sweet. Once all the results are posted I'll put up some stats in terms of decks used, deck win rate, and whatever else I can figure out from the data we have.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I went ahead and added everyone's gamertag in the OP to my friends list if I didn't already have them, including the waitlist peeps.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Yeah, whatever, dude. 2 of the games I would have had you -1,000,000,0000,000000,00.0000,000 hp if I had gotten one more land, but I'm pretty sure you were using cheat codes on my deck, therefore I don't count that as a loss. I'm real real sorry, but I don't play people who use inside job game hacks from the developers. It's simply not fair. As far as I'm concerned I'm the winner of this tournament.

I'll see you in hell.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So what's up with the unplayed matches? You guys have until Saturday to play them then I'm going to the waitlist.

Gowans

I have another round with Deunnero earlier this week.

We are now 3-2 to me :D hopefully we can get the next couple of matches in in the next couple of days. US - UK time differences are a pain tho.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ok in the words of reverend king just GIT R DONE. come sunday i'm pulling folks off the waitlist because we need to move things along

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
you got it. fyi, after the first round is concluded, I won't be pulling in people off the w/l. if you disappear and don't play your games on time you'll just by DQed.

Well, on the weekends I work both days all day and on the weeknights, NIN is available in evening when I work, I am available in the day when he works.

:-/

EDIT: are there any other unresolved matches we can switch partners with? Schedule just doesn't click at all.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Gowans, can you still play and get a match done in the next couple days? If so, I will put in a sub to play you.
NIN, if you can't play within the next few days let me know (or don't post!) by tomorrow as well.

Geezer and AT, you two are first up to fill in now. PLEASE STAND BY

Gowans

AstroLad said:
Gowans, can you still play and get a match done in the next couple days? If so, I will put in a sub to play you.
NIN, if you can't play within the next few days let me know (or don't post!) by tomorrow as well.

Geezer and AT, you two are first up to fill in now. PLEASE STAND BY

It's me with the RRoD Astro, I'm out.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Alright Geezer, you're in for Deunnero. Check the OP if you haven't yet for how it goes (and send me your deck picks per the OP) and get those matches in!

BigAT

AstroLad said:
All right AT, you're in for NIN. Play your games as quickly as possible folks!

Alright, I contacted Kureishima so hopefully we can get our match done pretty soon.

Deunnero

Deunnero said:
Deunnero/Gowan007 matchup

Gowan leads series 3-2

Game 1: -42 to 53 Gowan (with Green Deck)
Game 2: 31 to -25 Deunnero (with Green Deck)
Game 3: Gowan (with Green Deck)
Game 4: Deunnero (with Green Deck)
Game 5: Gowan (with Green Deck)

Updated.

Gowans007 said:
It's me with the RRoD Astro, I'm out.

An unfortunate development.

So what will happen? I go through to next round? You should add something to the "Rules" just so this doesn't cause a stir.

I don't think someone should be able to jump in a series that has already started and gone for a majority of games.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Alright I've made an executive decision due to the huge amount of controversy this has generated. On this day, this silly tournament is the absolute last thing the media or anyone here should be discussing or focused upon.

The series will be continued. Since the series was 3-2 in Gowans' favor, Blue Geezer will step in for him with a 3-2 lead and you two will play out the last 2-3 games.

As I said somewhere earlier, in subsequent rounds the waitlist will no longer be used.

PEACE

Deunnero

AstroLad said:
The series will be continued. Since the series was 3-2 in Gowans' favor, Blue Geezer will step in for him with a 3-2 lead and you two will play out the last 1-2 games.

That is hugely unfair. So much so, that I am willing to scrap the series and give the lucky person who would have faced Gow/Deu in round 2, a bye. At least that's somewhat reasonable as opposed to giving some alternate a 3-2 lead.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
No, what is hugely unfair is the world losing Michael Jackson in his prime. To throw around a term like "hugely unfair" today is insulting and ignorant.

Top Bottom