• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mac users: Which browser do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which browser do you use?

I've had my Mac for about a week now, and have just used Safari pretty 99% of the time. Tonight I upgraded to Firefox 0.9 though and also downloaded Camino to try it out. Camino seems to have the quickest rendering time of all 3, with Safari coming in last.

I think I may just prefer Firefox overall though. Only two things though, pressing "delete" doesn't go back a webpage, though it does in pretty much every browser I've ever used to this point in my life. Why no option for this? Also, the scrolling seems a little spastic compared to Camino and Safari, but maybe that is because I am just using the trackpad scroll (no mouse yet).

ced

Using Firefox now.

I used Camino some and liked it, Ill prolly try it again when it goes to next version.

SickBoy

Since it's what I use on my PC, I've been using Mozilla for quite some time and it's worked fine for me, but I just upgraded to Panther recently and tried Safari for the first time (for a few moments) last night. It seems pretty decent, but I'm not sure what it's got to offer. Guess it's time for some fact-finding.

If it doesn't have tabs, there's problem no. 1 :)

-SB

SickBoy said:
Since it's what I use on my PC, I've been using Mozilla for quite some time and it's worked fine for me, but I just upgraded to Panther recently and tried Safari for the first time (for a few moments) last night. It seems pretty decent, but I'm not sure what it's got to offer. Guess it's time for some fact-finding.

If it doesn't have tabs, there's problem no. 1 :)

-SB

Safari has tab browsing

sonatinas

i use safari mostly, but im trying out this browser based off webcore called shiira
their main objective is to beat safari, it shows promise but im going to test it out for a bit

check it out

Yea I'm slowly starting to gravitate back to Safari. Just seems to feel the most polished/stable overall.

What is this "debug menu option"?

Seth C

Get a Windows PC! Har har!

Sorry, just trying to be as annoying as the "alternate browser" fanatics on this forum.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Safari.
You don't need tabbed browsing with Expose.
Firefox doesn't do tabbed browsing right anyway if I remember right, that was Opera.

I'm still on OS 10.1.5 so I'm still stuck with Netscape Communicator. :(

I'm upgrading to Panther pretty soon though. I played around with Safari, and really liked it.

Safari 100% of the time. The brushed metal interface (like in iTunes, iPhoto etc.) is hot hot hot and the tabs are perfect. I love just hitting Apple + Shift + Left Arrow to switch to the previous tab, or Apple + Shift + Right Arrow to get the next tab.

Here's a Safari tip some of you might not know - if you have bookmarks in the bookmark bar (that shows up under the address input field thingy), you can hit Apple + 1 to go to the first bookmark or Apple + 2 for the second one, etc., it probably works up to Apple + 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom