• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poll: Where Do You Play Your Games? On Which Platforms?

Where Do You Play Your Games (which platforms)?

• Total voters

RickMasters

I’ve always been a one console guy. I don’t think I’d ever have the free time to thoroughly enjoy two consoles and I’d hate it if one remained unused collecting dust. Maybe It’s a minimalist thing or maybe it’s a byproduct of my childhood when my family didn’t have much money. Regardless, right now I’m solely in the PS5 camp. Curious about the next switch though.

Pretty much the same. As much as I’d like to add another console like the switch….. well none of are kids and you know the time just ain’t there for that nor more. I was a sega guy but they bowed out so I became an Xbox guy…. I got into PAC gaming by accident, because I e always had ridiculously powerful ‘over specced’ PCs for music production….. a I9X with 128GB is great for music production and mixing…. But it’s also a very powerful games machine when I want it to be.

PC and Xbox are pretty much one thing at this point so Xbox and PC for me. Really hoping these rumours about the next Xbox side loading steam are true. I just want one box with all my accounts for gaming really and the ability to acces them on my PC when I’m on my downtime/ lunch breaks.

TheSweeper

Series X is my main gaming machine, at last for older titles. I recently sold my PS5 and bought a rather beefy gaming PC so I will migrate over to PC more and more. There's quite a difference playing Cyberpunk or Baldurs Gate on a 4090. I also own a Switch but it's pretty much a dust collector so I didn't include it in my vote.

All of them but these days, the consoles are gathering dust except for Switch. PC is my main platform now. Next gen I don't think I'll buy any consoles other than Switch 2.

DryvBy

PS5
Switch
PC
Dreamcast
PS3

Sometimes I dust the Series X off and see what's new on Gamepass before shutting it back down.

jm89

Only Ps5 right now and switch 2 when it's out.

With more xbox games coming to ps5, that's all i need really.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Ps4/Series X/Switch for now.

I’ll jump in on the Ps5 Pro I think. That new Astro Bot looks fire.

Last edited:

Fess

Really hoping these rumours about the next Xbox side loading steam are true. I just want one box with all my accounts for gaming really
Yeah would be great if they could somehow get it to run Gamepass and Steam games from one UI. GOG and Epic too. And then sell that OS so it can be installed on any PC.

Onironauta

PC (Legion Go + eGPU) for new/heavy games and old games on sale
Switch for indies and Nintendo games
PS4, PS3, Vita, WiiU and 3DS for my backlog of old games

Last edited:

Humdinger

Bump for any additional votes. Then I'll try to summarize, since it doesn't scan easily with all those poll options.

Humdinger

With 346 votes in, here is a summary of the results. Looking at 16 poll options doesn't scan very well, so I figured a verbal summary would help. When I say "GAF" below, I mean the people voting. And I rounded up/down to make it simpler.

Single console/platform gamers
About a quarter of GAF (26%) play just on one console or platform. Among those who play on a single console/platform, the majority choose either PC or Playstation. Very few game only on Switch or Xbox.

PC only: 13%
Playstation only: 11%
Xbox only: 1%
Switch only: 1%

Dual-console/platformers
Gaming on two consoles/platforms was the most popular choice. 37% of GAF voters fell in this category. The most popular combo was Playstation + PC. The least popular was Xbox + Switch.

Playstation and PC: 14%
Playstation and Switch: 7%
PC and Switch: 7%
PC and Xbox: 5%
Playstation and Xbox: 3%
Xbox and Switch: 1%

Triple-console/platformers
About a quarter (24%) of GAF plays on three consoles/platforms. The most popular triple combo was Playstation, PC, and Switch.

Playstation, PC, and Switch: 12%
Playstation, Xbox, and Switch: 6%
PC, Playstation, and Xbox: 5%
PC, Xbox, and Switch: 1%

Quad-console/platformers
12% of GAF plays on all four consoles/platforms - PC, Playstation, Xbox, and Switch.

Thanks for voting. We got a lot more votes this time than in 2018. I assume that's because GAF has grown in the intervening years.

Last edited:

Humdinger

I looked at the earlier poll (2018) to see if I noticed any significant differences between then and now. Unfortunately, poll options were limited to 10 back then. I was focused on console gaming, and so many PC-related options were omitted in order to accommodate the limit of 10 poll options. So, the results aren't directly comparable, because the poll options are different.

With that caveat, though, here's what I noticed

From 2018 to 2024,
  • The percentage of people playing on Xbox only declined from 4% to 1%
  • The percentage of people playing on PC + Xbox rose from 3% to 5%
  • The percentage of people playing on Xbox + Switch dropped from 4% to 1%

Last edited:
Top Bottom