• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road |OT| What a Lovely Day | RT: 98% | Metacritic: 89

Was gonna check this movie out this weekend. But wanted to know for those who've seen it, is there any nudity? If so, how much? I just ask because I'm not a fan of it.

I'm so happy that everyone loves this movie and at the same time so sad that it didn't click with me, even though I recognize its greatness. I want so much to rewatch this to appreciate it completely. At least now I know that the I wasn't supposed to understand the lore of Mad Max, I was constantly searching for clues during the movie, thinking that I was losing something and that kept me out from the action.
Thing is, I'm not used to this kind of cinematogaphy that has zero exposition.

It's definitely a specific *type* of movie, so don't feel weird or abnormal if you don't feel the same. That's totally fine, and I can see how you can't get past the
lack of character development in the leads, the lack of story, the focus on chases, etc.

Some of the early Matrix fights with Agent Smith were brutal as fuck.

I've always adored the action in The Matrix. It always felt a lot different compared to the sequels, where the fights had amazing choreography but just didn't have the same impact.

Was gonna check this movie out this weekend. But wanted to know for those who've seen it, is there any nudity? If so, how much? I just ask because I'm not a fan of it.

There are some semi-exposed breasts but it's presented in a gruesome way, not sexual, and very brief. You can also very briefly see a woman's bare buttocks but it's not really sexualized. There are no leering sexy shots or anything like that.

It's definitely a specific *type* of movie, so don't feel weird or abnormal if you don't feel the same. That's totally fine, and I can see how you can't get past the
lack of character development in the leads, the lack of story, the focus on chases, etc.
I know I'm going to love it much more with time, I just saw the movie with the wrong mood and expectations. Maybe part of the fault is on the guy next to me that was constantly texting and eating.
I actually love this type of cinematography, it feels like a wet dream from Truffaut with all those visual clues, the "pure cinema" that Hitchcock loved to do.

I will see it monday night and after that I will go to a all you can eat reastaurant and then I am going to buy The Witcher 3 at midnight. Awesome planning.

mantidor

People who went to midnight showings, how did the theater fill out?

I am worried that the movie won't do well in theaters.

Outside the US so I don't know how it would apply, but I fear this is not a movie for everyone, some people didn't seem very thrilled. There were like 10 people at the theater though.

mantidor

That shot of Max giving the thumbs up from the trailer isn't in the movie right?

It's easy to miss because
It's right in the middle of an action scene after splendid saves herself from being crushed by a rock, since mere seconds later she falls you kind of overlook the thumbs up.

I watched the first 2 for the first time just to get a feel of what to expect. 1 was cool, but Road Warrior is fucking amazing how have i never seen it before. I think my friends want to see it tomorrow but i can't wait that long, aghhhh i totally thinking about rolling out right now without them, sounds like i'll want to see it again anyways

Drifters

Wife walks in...
Her: This movie looks soooooo stupiiddddddddddddd.
Me: You're stupid.
Her: I mean look at it.
Me: It's 99% on Rotten Tomatoes.
Her: That doesn't mean anything.
Me: It'll be in the 90's past this weekend.
Her: Yeah okay, whatever......

*RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE***************************************

I love my wife. Also, I have to wait until Monday to see the movie. Dammit!

Just had a conversation about us going to a screening tonight, and just pretending we didn't see it early before all our friends got to see it on Sunday with us.

Decided against it: Don't wanna be duplicitious with our friends, and she brought up the possibility "okay, what if, and stranger shit has happened, but what if I don't like it, or YOU don't like it, or we BOTH don't like it - and then we still HAVE to rewatch it on Sunday?"

I thought those were pretty good points.

Sunday afternoon. You are my horizon.

manfestival

honestly, I never had interest in this movie. The 99% on rottentomatoes is the only reason I am taking my happy butt to see this movie. I mean, it definitely has appeal but I know I usually end up liking these type of movies. The last movie I saw that I had no hype for and really enjoyed was the kingsman

Ziek

Saw it last night. It definitely lived up to the hype. I could not recommend it enough. SEE THIS ASAP.

Last night I went with my girlfriend (who did not like it), but I'm going at least 2 more times with friends. I very rarely see a movie twice in theaters. This one I could see over and over. It was such a breathe of fresh air!!

Jokergrin

mad_max_fury_road_guy_playing_guitar_cool_meme.jpg

Nexas

Goddammit. I just tried to get this awesome Mondo poster for the movie, but it sold out within seconds of their site updating with it.

MAD_MAX_FINAL_1024x1024.jpg

duckroll

So what's the gore level of this movie like (you can spoiler tag specific examples, but don't add context). Thanks in advance.

Pretty low. It's an intense movie with extended sequences of adrenaline, there is certainly graphic violence at points, but there are no prolonged scenes of gore in particular. There are some "oooooooouch" moments but they go by really quickly and the camera never lingers on them.

Goddammit. I just tried to get this awesome Mondo poster for the movie, but it sold out within seconds of their site updating with it.

MAD_MAX_FINAL_1024x1024.jpg

I love the artwork for this movie, and the fact that this movie has so much awesome artwork produced for it. Everything just screams "heavy metal".

Top Bottom